Become a Patron!

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently picked up one of these on the advice of one of the guys at a local B&M store. He's the same salesman that pointed me to Pinup's Betty and ANML's Looper, so I trust him when it comes to flavors, both in juices and tanks. As most B&Ms do, they charge about double of what I can find most hardware for online. He was pushing me toward the full-size TFV8, but I wasn't about to drop fifty bucks on a tank I can get for $25. I could, however, justify $29 on the Baby Beast. Plus, I had an itch for a new tank and didn't want to wait for delivery from an online vendor.

Anyway, what have VU members found to be the best coils for flavor? It comes with the Q2 0.4-ohm dual coil and the T8 octuple coil. I also bought the X4 quadruple coil. I found the Q2 to be disappointing, but the T8 lasted me a week before the coils got gunked up and the flavor started to grow muted, which is pretty long for me as I chain vape sweet juices. I just put the X4 into the tank so I don't know how long it will last, but the flavor is as good as the octuple, IMO.

original-smok-tfv8-baby-coil-head-replacment.jpg

I haven't tried the 0.6-ohm Q2, the T6 sextuple coil yet, or the RBA. How do they compare to the X4 and the T8? I'm only interested in flavor, not clouds, although this tank is one of the best I've ever used when it comes to making it hard to see the TV.

smok_tfv8_baby_rba_1.jpg

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've been reading up on the baby coils also. I believe it's the X4 for flavor. I purchased X4's. Due to the amount of vapor this beast produces, no matter what coil you use, the X4 boost in flavor through the vapor production should do you. I know those are the only ones I'll be using. I had to sell my original TF. My lungs couldn't handle the lung capacity it truly required.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been reading up on the baby coils also. I believe it's the X4 for flavor. I purchased X4's. Due to the amount of vapor this beast produces, no matter what coil you use, the X4 boost in flavor through the vapor production should do you. I know those are the only ones I'll be using. I had to sell my original TF. My lungs couldn't handle the lung capacity it truly required.
I got an X4 with my tank and it was definitely good on flavor, but lacked the longevity of the T8. I may have just gotten a mediocre coil (It didn't die in a day like the v1 Crown 2s, but it only lasted about half as long as the T8), so I decided it was worth the extra three bucks to just get a box of the octuples.

I've still got my original TFV4, but I never use it. I've never understood why that tank got so much praise. Personally, I thought every coil but the octuple clapton sucked when it comes to flavor. Even that wasn't as good as a Cleito, or even in the same ballpark with the Crown. Sure, it put out huge clouds, but I'm married with two kids. Who am I trying to impress?

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I never could get either the crown v1 or the tfv4 to work great for me. Not sure if I just didn't draw hard enough or what but seemed like I was always on the verge of a dry hit. I never had a burnt cotton taste but it wasn't ever juicy tasting if that makes sence.

Edit to say that I talked to one guy in person who loved his crown. I ended up asking what watts he has his .25 coils set at and he was at about 45 or 55.

I vape at 85-95 usually. Mind you I have been vaping for about 4 years so I know a little bit and I adjust watts for heat and coil reaction. 45-55 just doesn't do it for me on those coils.

Last edited:

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never could get either the crown v1 or the tfv4 to work great for me. Not sure if I just didn't draw hard enough or what but seemed like I was always on the verge of a dry hit. I never had a burnt cotton taste but it wasn't ever juicy tasting if that makes sence.

Edit to say that I talked to one guy in person who loved his crown. I ended up asking what watts he has his .25 coils set at and he was at about 45 or 55.

I vape at 85-95 usually. Mind you I have been vaping for about 4 years so I know a little bit and I adjust watts for heat and coil reaction. 45-55 just doesn't do it for me on those coils.
I vape my Crown 0.25 coils at 60-70 and I've been vaping for almost three years now. I stop briefly at 45 when I'm breaking in a coil and take 10-15 draws at that level because a guy at one of the local B&Ms told me he doesn't do the slow raising wattage technique to break in his Crown coils, just starts at 45 and puts a tank through it there before going any higher. I took both methods and blended them, with pretty good results. Occasionally I'll get a crapper coil, but it's rare. Not only have I not found another tank that beats it out for flavor, but the coils are dirt cheap at ecig and vaporworld at $7.99 and $8.99 respectively. If you still have your Crown, you might try cranking it up a little higher. I get slightly varied results from coil to coil, but I usually like the draws I get somewhere between 60 and 70 watts. It will do 80 without burning at all, but the vapor gets pretty hot for my taste.

That said, I'm really happy with the Baby Beast. It's definitely earned a spot in my regular rotation along with the Crowns I & II and a Cleito. The flavor is in the same ballpark with the Crown, IMO. I just wish I didn't have to refill it every 30 minutes. I'm probably going to pick up the big TFV8 fairly soon. The only issue with that is it's supposedly a juice chugger. The Crown II with 0.8-ohm kanthal coils (the version 3s with two yellow bands, not the craptacular PoS v1 or v2 coils) has fantastic flavor and only moderate juice consumption at 35-40 watts, which I've come to appreciate along with the advent of 60ml bottles for $25! Paying $22 for a bunch of 30ml bottles every month was eating my lunch, even with one or two 120ml big daddies to keep costs down.

Anyway, what tanks do you like other than the BB?

I use the tfv12 most of the time with the Q4 coil and it absolutely amazing when it comes to both cloud size and flavor. If you stay in the lower end of the preferred wattage on the coil (90-160) it's perfect. I use mine around 110w

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My mom has a TFV8 Baby Beast, and she only uses the X4 coils. She says they taste the best.

I'v used the Q2 and X4 coils in both my Baby Beast and Big Baby Beast tanks and the X4 coils are miles better than the Q2's which I found to taste very bland.

VU Sponsors