Become a Patron!

TFV8 'Baby Beast's Top-Fill Doesn't Stay Closed :( Tips/tricks?

iHoldMyCrown1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I'd gotten both the TFV8 ('cloud beast') and the TFV8 'Baby Beast', the former I found (broken, had to buy glass and an RBA cartridge) but the Baby Beast I chose (based off the impression the Cloud Beast left me with, ie good build but too big for me)

Anyways, I've had it since friday, was loving it, but yesterday and today it's started to open (the top-fill sliding open) in my pocket, a major PITA!! I'd noticed on my regular TFV8 that, when closing the top-fill, there's a distinct 'snap' into place - the baby beast didn't have that, I'd noticed that the first time I filled it on friday, the top-fill part just slid closed, it didn't feel like it locked/snapped in at all, but for a couple days I had no problems of it opening, then yesterday +today I've had 5+ incidences of taking it out of my pocket to find the top is open!

Unsure how common of a problem this is, and what (if anything) I can do to remedy this! Any help with / thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Perhaps try replacing the top gasket, it could add a bit of pressure to keep it closed.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I ran across a thread earlier today where someone had the gasket upside down. Double check that.

iHoldMyCrown1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow this is becoming a problem!! So I got it friday, it never 'snapped'/locked but it didn't open in my pocket fri or sat, sunday(yesterday) it happened a handful of times, today it happened a few through the morn/early afternoon and several more from then to now, the frequency is quickly increasing and I've got *good* ideas for it, lots of bad ideas but no good ones lol

iHoldMyCrown1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ran across a thread earlier today where someone had the gasket upside down. Double check that.

I'll check it out, but I never removed any gaskets or anything, I took this out of its box on friday and it already had a disposable cartridge installed, I merely put juice in and went with it, never adjusted anything or moved the cartridge, it's all 100% stock the way they sent it to me

iHoldMyCrown1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Perhaps try replacing the top gasket, it could add a bit of pressure to keep it closed.

What top gasket are you referring to? The top-fill "top plate" that slides out, it's just a metal plate, it slides over a white plastic deck that's got the fill-hole and the top of the chimney - there's no rubber gaskets or anything I can see that's removable/replaceable, and that's not just on my baby beast but also on my regular TFV8 cloud beast, neither have any removable grommets/washers there, it's just the plastic top that the metal fill-top slides back&forth over.

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The white ovaloid gasket on top. The one you call a plastic deck. It comes out. It should have came with a replacement. It might be upsidedown or bad.

Last edited:

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always put a vape ring around my Smok tanks just in case right around the top where it opens so it will not open accidentally

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The white "tab" looking thing is the gasket that goes in the very top of the tank, just under the flip out drip tip.
The two "rings" should have come with your tank as well, these can be placed on the top of the tank to keep it from bumping open.

IMG_20161226_202835687_1.jpg

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have 3 Baby Beast's and they all lock in place (push down and snap) so I'd say yours is defective.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I stopped using the tfv4 due to not liking the performance. Though, I will say just as the person before me did; put the smok vape band or any of your liking around the top portion of the tank. I did this and I never had a problem with it in my pocket.

I will add this is a partial reason I never wanted to try the tfv8.

VU Sponsors