Become a Patron!

TFV8 Big Baby Beast Spitback Problem

SettleSnake

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently purchased a TFV8 Big Baby Beast like the title insists and I've been having a spitback issue with my juice. I have the .15 ohm dual coil in it right now, I believe it's the X4 head. Anyways I've gone through it and cleaned it, ran a few tanks through it and I can not find a solution to this spitback problem. All the gaskets and seals are good and in place and it all fits together really well so I'm at a dead end and wondering if any experienced vapers may have an input. It's recommended wattage is 30-70w and I've been running it from the 40-60w range to see if any of it fixes it. Thank you!

SettleSnake

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well try a 80/20 or another coil.
I doubt it's the juice, my friend has the same tank and we use the same juice and his hits are smooth and clean with same coil. My guess is I might have overprimed it to begin with so I'm going to clean it out and use a different coil head for the time being to see if that fixes it.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Qc on the big baby is some of the worst I've seen. Try swapping all the rings out especially the chimney ring. I have to thread the coil for the big baby onto the chimney first and then to the base. If I thread it into the bases first I get horrible spitback and/or leaks galore. The chimney threading is the only fix I've found.

SettleSnake

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Qc on the big baby is some of the worst I've seen. Try swapping all the rings out especially the chimney ring. I have to thread the coil for the big baby onto the chimney first and then to the base. If I thread it into the bases first I get horrible spitback and/or leaks galore. The chimney threading is the only fix I've found.
I'll try this as well, thanks!

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try the upper power band. Spitting is often the result of too little power when the juice begins to boil but doesn't fully atomize.

VU Sponsors