Become a Patron!

TFV8 Big Baby RBA

Nikodeemus

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Has anyone else had issues with building on this? For me it has been one issue after another! First issue was learning how much cotton it took....which was an ungodly amount. Second issue was the base of the RBA was shorting out due to it coming in contact with the base of the tank....I had to put the deck on AFTER the base was screwed into the mod. Third issue is coil clearance from the shroud.

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah man, I had the same issues with my TFV8 beast (not baby). I had juice spilling all over me, constant shorts, bunch of BS issues. Finally the glass broke and the threads locked up. I gave up and switched to an RDTA. If you like building, I would really suggest a nice RDTA. it has a tank so you don't have to drip every 2 minutes, and you can also use the atty as an RDA if you so choose

Vape On!
Murse

Nikodeemus

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Looks like the RBA deck itself is fubar. Installed, my mod keeps throwing a coil shortage and don't abuse protects errors. It also doesn't register coils properly. The deck was tested on both my Baby Beast and Big Baby and the results are the same. Both tanks work great with the prebuilt V8 coils. I've checked the deck thoroughly for any defects and cannot see any...have tried multiple coils/configurations, same result.....even the preinstalled coils that were on it were causing this issue.

Nikodeemus

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah man, I had the same issues with my TFV8 beast (not baby). I had juice spilling all over me, constant shorts, bunch of BS issues. Finally the glass broke and the threads locked up. I gave up and switched to an RDTA. If you like building, I would really suggest a nice RDTA. it has a tank so you don't have to drip every 2 minutes, and you can also use the atty as an RDA if you so choose

Vape On!
Murse
That's the route I'm leaning toward. Debating on trading one of these for an RDTA.

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really love my Limitless. I have no affiliation with them I promise haha. It's just such a nice tank. Go for the plus or the combo if you're gonna get a limitless. Better screws than the regular. The avocado is also a good option, or the eagle just launched which is also a nice atty with a decent tank size

Nikodeemus

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I really love my Limitless. I have no affiliation with them I promise haha. It's just such a nice tank. Go for the plus or the combo if you're gonna get a limitless. Better screws than the regular. The avocado is also a good option, or the eagle just launched which is also a nice atty with a decent tank size
I was just looking into and reading reviews on RDTAs and the Limitless Plus is the one I'm leaning most towards.

supersonictt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Smok Big Baby Beast RDA section is garbage. I even contacted the company I bought the tank from and they sent me a replacement RDA section. I have the same problem with both. Short atomizer, don't abuse protects, resistance is all over the place. At first, I thought it was the positive shorting out on the deck. So I filed the pin down on the RDA, and put a layer of electrical tape between the deck and RBA section with a cut out for the center pin, and it still shorts out. It must be something with the peek insulator or the press fit. It sucks because the RBA section is the only reason why I bought this tank.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You wouldn't happen to be using it on a Wismec mod, would you?
I haven't had any problems with my Baby rba. I may never buy another stock Baby coil. I love the rba.

Last edited:
I'm using it on a Smok Alien, Big Baby Beast Tank. Maybe the Baby Beast RDA is made correctly, but the one RDA's that I received in the Big Baby Beast Tank kit are f*ct. Maybe it was a bad batch, but now I'm stuck with using the coils. Which are not bad, but I prefer my own builds. I'll probably just end up getting the Limitless Classic.

Stevevapes4183

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had a bad RBA on mine. I bought another one for 10 bucks and it works perfect. I have heard a lot of people having problems with this.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Vape On!
Murse
I had the same damn issues, specifically with it arcing and shorting out. The insulator on them is shit! I've tried 2 different RBA decks and they both did the same thing. I'm not a coil master but I've been building for some time now so I understand how to look for shorts. My local vape store let me exchange the first one. I called when the second one began to do the same thing and they won't do anything. Told me I could bring it in and we could see what the problem is...so I'm going to do that here soon. I'll post an update. I think it just boils down to the RBA section is shit, cheap, and probably a quality control issue since SMOK is in such high demand.

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Smok Big Baby Beast RDA section is garbage. I even contacted the company I bought the tank from and they sent me a replacement RDA section. I have the same problem with both. Short atomizer, don't abuse protects, resistance is all over the place. At first, I thought it was the positive shorting out on the deck. So I filed the pin down on the RDA, and put a layer of electrical tape between the deck and RBA section with a cut out for the center pin, and it still shorts out. It must be something with the peek insulator or the press fit. It sucks because the RBA section is the only reason why I bought this tank.
My insulator looked like a glob of brown super glue. It's shit... same issues I had.

I Love my limitless gold. At first I didn't know how to quick it right. So it would leak a little. But now it only leaks cause I lost the black rubber piece. Where you fill the tank at. Even without that it still never leaks. I had the cloud beast and loved it. Until some asshole stole it.

Same here my buddy at my local e-cig store. We spent an hour working on it. We would get it working for a couple fires. Then same problem.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I bought the big baby and the RBA on that works better than any prebuilt coil I'd ever used. I liked it so much I bought another RBA for my little baby. I've had that one for two weeks now. Yesterday I changed the cotton for the second time. It still has the stock coils in it. Now I'm getting the same issues you guys are describing. Resistances all over the place, short circuit protection, new coil in the middle of a puff, shit like that. Has anybody ever figured out what is up with that?

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Big Baby & just wicked the RBA for the first time last night. So far no issues. But now I'm wondering if I need to start looking into something new. I actually came to this thread, though, to ask if it is normal to have a lot of popping on RBAs? That is the only thing that I'm finding kind of annoying. It's really frigging loud, making me feel guilty about my late night vaping while my wife is sleeping.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yeah it's definitely funky. Love the vape it gives but for some reason it acts up often and says shorted atomizer or ohm's to low.
When I put it on a mech it started making some bad crackling noises so I won't do that again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors