Become a Patron!

TFV8 coils : Quad vs 6 vs octa VS a big dual fused clapton?

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
I got a tfv8 a few weeks ago and love it. For years I was using just a simple rda with a 2.5ohm single stranded coil at about 10 watts with a tiny air hole and the vapor was nothing like this.

Along with the TFV8, I got a bunch of new RDAs and RTAs like the Vaporesso Gemini, madhatter V2 RDA, and some fused Clapton wire. The only thing besides the prebuilt TFV8 coils I used so far was the madhatter with a .45 dual Clapton (one of the coils doesn't light up nearly as quickly as the other, so it's basically just a single coil, but it was my first dual clapton build and I was literally in such a hurry to build it before taking a trip and I just left it like that for now and use the TFV8).

I'm hoping I won't need to keep buying these ~$5 TFV8 coils if I want big thick clouds because a dual Clapton I can build in the TFV8's RDA deck or any of the other velocity deck atomizers I bought has so much surface area if I make like 7 wraps. Do you agree? I means, the TFV8 "octa coil" is really just parallel single stranded kanthal doubled up, right? It's kind of just a quad coil and might not give as much vapor as a dual 6-7 wrap fused Clapton dual build? I know I can try and see for myself but I'm not very good at judging clouds if it's close.

I can't tell a difference between the TFV8's octa and tfv8 quad that were included with the tank. I'm just asking because I'm still going to buy at least one more order of these coils just to have on hand even if they don't actually beat the clouds of a 6-7 wrap dual fused Clapton build in the Gemini RTA or the RBA deck of the TFV8 or any of the other velocity style RDAs I bought.

Side note, I checked youtube but surprisingly haven't found a video of someone rebuilding these octa/quad TFV8 coils. I would rather do that than pay $5 a coil, if it definitely beats the 6-7 (or even 5) wrap dual fused Clapton build.

One thing I noticed but not sure if it matters is with the octa tfv8 coil, and the 6-coil, the cotton is on the "inside" of the coil meaning that juice has to soak all the way from where it enters and then "around" the sides of the coils until juice gets to the "center" of the cotton. With the tfv8 quad coil, it's just one big hollow coil (I guess dual parallel single stranded kanthal) and all the juice has to do is soak in from the entry a short amount until it reaches the wire. Despite that, I never got a burnt hit with the octa coil even if chain vaping it.

Do you notice a big difference in vapor production (or even flavor) between the quad and the octa (or the 6ta)? Notice a difference between the octa/quad/6ta and a big 5-7 wrap dual fused Clapton build? How many ml juice until these coils should be replaced? I vape them very low at only about 45-65 watts and put maybe 80ml of %100 VG juice through each and they still vape excellent to me.

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
ah I just discovered 30mm rtas and rdas. huge decks, can fit like 9+ wraps of fused claptons at 4+mm diameter. Huge vapor. I will get one of those (or maybe more than 30mm) and pretty sure it would beat any TFV8 coils but still wondering about the VS the TFV8 coils mentioned above to have some spare coils.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Personally found the flavor to be much better on the quads but it's a wet fart compared to the T8 or what ever the octa coils are called when it comes to cloud production. The one T6 coil I had was unimpressive in all fronts for me, it hits a middle ground but it wasn't a satisfying vape

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Q4 is my favorite coil over the T8, it is also less expensive, I bought a 3 pack for $8. Not planning on buying more coils for the TFV8, the rba deck works great for it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors