Become a Patron!

Tfv8/cotton plz help!

Jokerboy111

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got the tTfv8 week ago and built on the rba and wicked using the cotton they sent with the kit. And holy crap was it awesome no dry hits wicked so dang fast no cotton taste. But then I ran out of the cotton they sent with the tank so I went back to using this crappy vape store Japanese cotton and Im getting a crummy cotton taste juice tastes like crap getting dry hits.

Does anyone know what kind of cotton they include with the tTfv8 cloud beast tank? I have looked and looked and I can't find it. Is it the rayon cellucotton stuff I keep seeing everywhere? And what's everyone's opinion on that stuff?

And if the case is that's the stuff and its good dose anyone know a reputable trusted vendor for the stuff?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got the tTfv8 week ago and built on the rba and wicked using the cotton they sent with the kit. And holy crap was it awesome no dry hits wicked so dang fast no cotton taste. But then I ran out of the cotton they sent with the tank so I went back to using this crappy vape store Japanese cotton and Im getting a crummy cotton taste juice tastes like crap getting dry hits.

Does anyone know what kind of cotton they include with the tTfv8 cloud beast tank? I have looked and looked and I can't find it. Is it the rayon cellucotton stuff I keep seeing everywhere? And what's everyone's opinion on that stuff?

And if the case is that's the stuff and its good dose anyone know a reputable trusted vendor for the stuff?
Hi mate, and welcome to the forum :).

I mainly use RTA's myself, although have some experience with the TFV8-albeit the baby beast version I own.

I use either Muji, or another brand called Cotton Puff. I order my Muji in a pack of 180 sheets direct from them, costs about £5. I don't notice any funky tastes myself, although some people say with some cottons there is a break in period till the cotton taste disappears. Are you still noticing the taste after running a few tanks of juice through?

I have used Rayon in the past, unfortunately I don't know a vendor for that though, but I am sure someone will if that is indeed what you are after.

Jokerboy111

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah thanks anyway. Another thing I left out was that it was like silky smooth it felt like feeling silk fibers kinda but this stuff came apart very easy. If I had just a bit 2 much in there the part I was pulling on would start to pull right out of the rest of it. Not anything I have experienced with cotton before this stuff seemed alot weaker in strength then cotton. Idk everything that Im reading about rayon just sounds exactly like it so I will give it a try. And yes I have ran 50-100 ml of juice through my cotton and the flavor tbh just sucks so bad wicks slow nasty cotton taste. Time to upgrade I guess.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im using Cotton Bacon V2...So far the best ive used to date...The fibers aren't smashed together like most other cottons and it wicks almost instantly..A little pricey compared to organic Japanese cotton but its working for me personally.

Jokerboy111

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice I was thinking about that as well but at the moment my vape budget is kind of low. But still if anyone could maybe give me some insight on what comes with the tfv8 if you do happen to know what comes with it i would be so grateful, the second I used it I was hooked its was just so much better then the Japanese. Im going to try and find a way to get ahold of smok and see if they would be so kind as to let me know but not sure if that's going to work or not but ill give that a go when I have some spare time. Thanks guys

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice I was thinking about that as well but at the moment my vape budget is kind of low. But still if anyone could maybe give me some insight on what comes with the tfv8 if you do happen to know what comes with it i would be so grateful, the second I used it I was hooked its was just so much better then the Japanese. Im going to try and find a way to get ahold of smok and see if they would be so kind as to let me know but not sure if that's going to work or not but ill give that a go when I have some spare time. Thanks guys
I would imagine a basic organic Japanese cotton like most tanks come with...I doubt its a special cotton no one else uses...be sure to peel the very outer layer of both sides and then stretch out the good stuff..lightly roll it up..You can see this being done on youtube everywhere.. Organic Japanese cotton is pretty common among users.

Jokerboy111

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would imagine a basic organic Japanese cotton like most tanks come with...I doubt its a special cotton no one else uses...be sure to peel the very outer layer of both sides and then stretch out the good stuff..lightly roll it up..You can see this being done on youtube everywhere.. Organic Japanese cotton is pretty common among users.
Yeah its really not though its nothing like organic Japanese cotton. For 1 it has no outer layer like the jap stuff does its already circircular and 100% fluffed out (was thinking maybe it was the cotton bacon stuff? But IV never used so idk)only thing I had to do was kinda tear off half of it because it was like 2x the size of the coils so it wouldn't fit in directly but yeah I mean I have worked with the regular jap organic stuff and it feels nothing like it and it has no flavor whatsoever and the rate at which it wicks is just mind blowing.
When I first got the tank I was blow away by the flavor coming off the rba because every where else I read everyone says its crap. But it wasn't it was the most amazing thing I have ever tasted. But once the cotton they sent with the tank was gone and I started to use my regular jappy crap the flavor was gone. Tasted like shit. Wicked slow as hell. Was very unpleasant to vape on. Which is why Im think it must be that rayon stuff I just doubt know.

Ill post a pic of the last small peice I have left below.

Jokerboy111

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like I said earlier this stuff didn't have the somewhat compact outer layer on the outside on each side it was already a circular fluffy piece was about 6 inches long each and there was 2 of them. And it has like almost a silky feel its much softer then jap cotton is. And ALSO another thing I noticed is it doesn't have the strength that regular cotton does. When you pull on the ends of the cotton it almost immediately starts to tear apart near the middle. (I am pulling in the direction the fibers are going not cross ways to the fiber orientation) whereas when you pull on the jap stuff it SOMEWHAT hold up from tearing apart long as you don't pull 2 hard but this stuff I got just immediately wants to come apart.

Attachments

• 0115170601a.jpg
    0115170601a.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 9

Doomsday Vaper

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Like I said earlier this stuff didn't have the somewhat compact outer layer on the outside on each side it was already a circular fluffy piece was about 6 inches long each and there was 2 of them. And it has like almost a silky feel its much softer then jap cotton is. And ALSO another thing I noticed is it doesn't have the strength that regular cotton does. When you pull on the ends of the cotton it almost immediately starts to tear apart near the middle. (I am pulling in the direction the fibers are going not cross ways to the fiber orientation) whereas when you pull on the jap stuff it SOMEWHAT hold up from tearing apart long as you don't pull 2 hard but this stuff I got just immediately wants to come apart.
Appears like rayon from pic and description. Approximately $15 at Sally beauty supply...walked in and bought over the counter at local Sally. 500 feet is enough to last several lifetimes!:):)
IMAG0506.jpg

Jokerboy111

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Appears like rayon from pic and description. Approximately $15 at Sally beauty supply...walked in and bought over the counter at local Sally. 500 feet is enough to last several lifetimes!:):)
View attachment 71676
Ok thank you very much I will try it!! I must because whatever it was, was just amazing and a real game changer in my opinion.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I go to vapordna.com. got 3 pack of TFV8 V8-T6 coils for my Sense Blazer 200 tank. Theyre pristine with o rings in place and dont leak.

Jokerboy111

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I go to vapordna.com. got 3 pack of TFV8 V8-T6 coils for my Sense Blazer 200 tank. Theyre pristine with o rings in place and dont leak.

Yeah Im not a fan of factory/prebuilt coils, whatever you wanna calls them i switch flavors alot and like to just throw new cotton in. Can't really get the new fresh clean taste of a flavor with the prebuilt coils after you run a few different flavors through them

VU Sponsors