Become a Patron!

Tfv8 ohms aren't reading correct

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi I just put a build in my tfv8 that I got today and it's a build I always put in my rdas. Steam engine says it will come out to .12-.13 ohms and it always does on rdas. It's a 316l 25 gauge fused clapton fused with 36 gauge kanthal a1 with a 3 mms id with 8 wraps. It's ohming out at .28. What's wrong here? Thanks in advance for help!

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds to me like you have a loose screw. If one coil is not tight, will read the single coil. That would make it double the resistance. Tighten it up and see if that helps. First thing that comes to mind when resistance is double what it should be.

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
But both coils are firing correctly. If a screw is loose then they wouldn't heat up at the same time right?

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But both coils are firing correctly. If a screw is loose then they wouldn't heat up at the same time right?
It seems it should.

If it were me, I would just tear it out and start over if tinkering with the connection fails. Something isn't right. Kink or pinch in the wire? Had that happen with a fused build one time. Who knows? Wire is cheap. Best to fix it that find out something is wrong the hard way.

What are you testing resistance on? If on your mod, is it possible you locked resistance at .28? And I'm sure you know this, but ss increases resistance with heat. So are you checking cold resistance?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Have to agree, a good Ohm meter, is one tool, every coil builder ought to have!

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm using a coil master 521 tab. I appreciate y'all helping out! Ill try a new build today and if that doesn't help ill contact the seller. Thanks

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok after messing around with it I discovered that the positive post is moving around. The deck is defective so I'm returning it to vape royalty. Thanks for all your help!

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have to tighten the airflow bar on the bottom. That slot is actually threaded simply tighten it up on the deck that bar on the bottom of the rba base where the air come in, will fix it it tighten it up I noticed it when I bought mine it was jumping grab it and turn it till it's tight they're all made that way

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See here it's actually your post when loose you can align the negative post to straighten it out too, then tighten it up

Attachments

• 0630160354~2.jpg
    0630160354~2.jpg
    691.4 KB · Views: 63

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok after messing around with it I discovered that the positive post is moving around. The deck is defective so I'm returning it to vape royalty. Thanks for all your help!
You need to tighten the postive pin on the rba base of tfv8 deck, will do the trick

Sounds to me like you have a loose screw. If one coil is not tight, will read the single coil. That would make it double the resistance. Tighten it up and see if that helps. First thing that comes to mind when resistance is double what it should be.

Thank you so much BKTOAD! I just got my baby beast rba and earlier it was running fine then it showed ohms up to 4.3 etc. it was a loose top screw! Thanks again! :3 <3

BananaRoo

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello people, I have a problem with my tfv8 baby rba and 30 gauge wire, so I thought I'd ask here and not start a new thread.
I'm new to building first of all and this rba is my first. So I'm trying to make 0.7 build (1.4 for each coil) with 30 g kanthal. When I install the coils they read 0.10 though (and 0.17 when just one coil is installed but that seems to fluctuate)! I tried 28 g kanthal too and every coil reads like it's supposed to.
Are there any limitations as far as gauge or ohms the tfv8 baby rba will go? Or am I doing something wrong?
(Btw I installed premade 28 gauge 1.4 coils too and they work fine so either I just can't build 30 gauge or the rba won't read 30 gauge correcly cause it's too thin??)

VU Sponsors