Become a Patron!

That big claim that vaping leads to smoking may be based on insubstantial evidence

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It never made any sense. Why would any young person who starts out vaping, which tastes good and is much less expensive than smoking, switch to cigarettes, which taste like monkey butt by comparison, and cost a bloody fortune?

My daughter is in her third year at PSU. She tells me the smoking rate there is virtually zero, but plenty of people vape.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So all the stuff of fda cracking down. Why don't they crack down on the stores still selling the stuff to teens. The little sticker at the register that says" if you look youger than 37 you must show I'd." The stores sell to teens need to be shut down. My 16yr old came in with a juul the other day. She doesn't live with me so not much I can control at her mom's house. I asked where she got it and the store sold it to her. She said all her friends go there to buy their stuff. Vapes, cigar wraps, cigarettes. Who do you call in that situation? The cops? The FDA? I think if they'd shut down the stores that don't card

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So all the stuff of fda cracking down. Why don't they crack down on the stores still selling the stuff to teens. The little sticker at the register that says" if you look youger than 37 you must show I'd." The stores sell to teens need to be shut down. My 16yr old came in with a juul the other day. She doesn't live with me so not much I can control at her mom's house. I asked where she got it and the store sold it to her. She said all her friends go there to buy their stuff. Vapes, cigar wraps, cigarettes. Who do you call in that situation? The cops? The FDA? I think if they'd shut down the stores that don't card
I've often wondered if legally forbidding stuff to young people is entirely the wrong approach. Take alcohol as an example: In much of Europe, the legal drinking age is 16, but nobody checks. If you can reach the bar, you can have a beer. Guess what? Young people drinking excessively isn't a big problem there. You know what they say about wanting to taste the fruit of the forbidden tree, right?

VU Sponsors