· Thread: 510
· Airflow Hole: 2 parts
· Coil: 0.5ohm Ni80 coil(35W - 45W)
· Material:
· Food grade SS304+
· Pyrex Glass + Import black pom drip tip
· Color: Black/SS

What’s in that box?!
· 1 x Asvape Cobra (0.5ohm coil pre-installed)
· 1 x Extra 0.5ohm Ni80 Cobra coil
· 1 x Extra glass tube
· 1 x Spare parts (o-rings and such)
· 1 x User Manual

IMG_20170807_113232.jpg

So I got my hands on the Asvape Cobra. I heard it had good flavor but I hear that about many other tanks that have fallen flat on the promise. This little guy however, did not disappoint! I decided to throw this on my Coolfire IV to use as my on the go pocket mod. Tank fits great. Every thread on the tank is smooth and not sharp in the least. Out of the box, the tank came apart easily. The tank did not have any machine oil smell to it at all. Still, I gave it a good top and tails like I do with every tank. While washing the tank I ran my fingers across all of the surfaces and everything on this tank, inside and out, are smooth. The machining on this tank is great!

IMG_20170807_113337.jpg

IMG_20170807_113419.jpg

Once everything dried, it was time to assemble and install the coil. The coils come in a pretty cool looking bullet shaped case. It isn’t anything fancy, but has a cool factor as opposed to every other cylindrical coil casing or sleeve.

IMG_20170807_113657.jpg

Let’s talk about this coil for a minute… in the hand this thing is tiny. It is perforated in a nearly complete 360 degree pattern. They have a nice gold coating giving a great look through the smoked glass. Gold and black baby, lookin as smooth as it feels! Any who… the coil is stamped Ni80 .5 30w-45w. Break in period is quick. Nothing special to it. Once broken in, I have been vaping around 38-45w. For being at such a low wattage I was wondering if I was going to get that warm vape that I like and am accustomed to. I did in fact get that without getting a bad taste. These coils perform great at what they are rated at. Not a dry hit in the house!

*Note Ni80 is NOT nickel… it is Nichrome. No TC unless you are rockin a mod that can TC any metal.

IMG_20170807_113247.jpg

Stock photo from Asvape's site of the coil. Those holes cover the entire coil aside from where their logo is that you see in the image.

mm1495420160432ncpr3dd1l56h7pp3g8aba.jpg

image source: http://home.asvape.net/site/p?id=p170212460981800980

Airflow, good airflow compared to the power this thing is using. The airflow is smooth and quiet. Easy to dial the AFC in. It isn’t a tough turn and isn’t loose either. The AFC is baby bear style… just right.

My only negative on this tank:

· Baby size kidney style fill holes. The fill holes in my opinion just need to be bigger. What we have been given with the Cobra are very tiny. I found myself having to put juice into unicorn bottles or using a heavy gauge syringe. Not a big deal and by no means a deal breaker. Mainly just an annoyance as I couldn’t just grab any bottle I had and throw into it. Took forethought!

IMG_20170807_113443.jpg

Overall this has been a solid, well machined, great looking tank! It is a solid reliable performer and the coils hold up quite well to running through a couple tanks of juice a day. It has a good amount of flavor and will be a great addition to any collection, especially those who like to vape at medium wattages and still want to throw around some baby clouds!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love your AsVape Lucifer with the gold Cobra Tank!
I love my Asvape 200w Michael Stabwood with the Black Cobra Tank! It is an awesome combo!
View attachment 90924

That's a great looking combo :yes:

I need to find a local vape show that has them on stock to pick up the Michael, I am not the luckiest when it comes to random colors, I need to borrow your luck...haha

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Finally figured out the Cobra. Had to run watts up to get the flavor I was looking for, but vape was too warm. Was a day and a half before it dawned on me to switch to a wide bore dt (hadn't used one in ages). Now it is a real pleasure to vape.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally figured out the Cobra. Had to run watts up to get the flavor I was looking for, but vape was too warm. Was a day and a half before it dawned on me to switch to a wide bore dt (hadn't used one in ages). Now it is a real pleasure to vape.
How high you running that in watts?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
35-37w, Tried shutting down af at lower watts,but was not at all happy with vape. Too much th. Upped watts & got the flavor, but it still wasn't right. Changed dt's several times, taller & taller. Nope, changed to wide bore & hello darlin'!
Mine (Black Version) should be arriving today along with a Black Innokin Axiom & a White/Red Splatter Tobeco Super Tank Mini.
The Axiom is for My Innokin iTaste Hunter.The Super Tank Mini is for my Innokin Kroma.The Cobra will grace my Innokin MVP 4.
Hmm...Interesting.I just realized how many times I typed Innokin...Fuck me running!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Mine (Black Version) should be arriving today along with a Black Innokin Axiom & a White/Red Splatter Tobeco Super Tank Mini.
The Axiom is for My Innokin iTaste Hunter.The Super Tank Mini is for my Innokin Kroma.The Cobra will grace my Innokin MVP 4.
Hmm...Interesting.I just realized how many times I typed Innokin...Fuck me running!
Hey @snake94115 Have you ever tried Innokin mods? You should check them out, think you might like them.:)

Doug.E.Fresh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is there more than just the 0.5 Ni80 coils which so far I'm really liking. I swore I saw somewhere that they also have 0.2 SS coils? Can anyone confirm this? Also where have you been buying your Cobra coils from (it seems few places carry them)?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there more than just the 0.5 Ni80 coils which so far I'm really liking. I swore I saw somewhere that they also have 0.2 SS coils? Can anyone confirm this? Also where have you been buying your Cobra coils from (it seems few places carry them)?
I am sure I saw the SS coils at vapordna.com but haven't tried them yet.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors