Become a Patron!

The Attack of the 25mm Atomizers - AKA Gotta Love Vape Mail

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received three different 25mm RTA's in the last few days along with 8 Samsung 25R's and 8 LG HG2's. Lots of great sales so I stocked up. So far I've only had a chance to build 2 of them (Aromamizer Supreme and Billow V3 Plus). I plan to update this thread with my thoughts as soon as I have a little more time with them. From just the short time I've had them I can say (for me at least) they are a big step forward compared to my 22mm RTA's.

RTA's in question:
1. Aromamizer Supreme - I've had this one the longest and I really don't have any cons on it. Great flavor, big vapor, and easy to build (like an RDA). I have a Black on way as well. (FastTech has them for ~$32 in SS and $35 in Black without discount code MAP)

2. Billow V3 Plus - Just built it a couple of hours ago. Biggest build deck, smooth airflow, great flavor (maybe just a touch less than the Aromamizer), and big flavor. Eciggity was running a 30% off Spring Sale - got it for $27.99.

3. Griffin 25mm - Incomplete because I haven't had a chance to build on it yet. From taking it apart it doesn't feel quite as nice as the other 2 (threads don't feel quite as smooth and when trying to take off the build deck the whole tank unscrewed - probably user error). I plan to build it later tonight or tomorrow. Eciggity was running a 30% off Spring Sale - got it for $25.89

Notes All have Velocity style decks :)

Batteries:
Gearbest was having a Flash Sale, I bought 8 Samsungs 25R's for $29 and 8 LG HG2's for $35 (shipped) plus I had some discount points to knock a few more dollars off. I just couldn't pass them up at that price. As a nice touch, they included the battery cases for free. They are really quite nice (sturdy, not flimsy like some cases)

L to R Lavabox w Griffin 25mm (Top Airflow), Reuleaux w Aromamizer Supreme, Lavabox w Billow V3 Plus
IMG_20160430_183942_zps9xcbhryh.jpg

L to R LG HG2's, Samsung 25R's
IMG_20160430_184303_zps7m5ex1wg.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I hope everyone posts pictures of their 25mm attys if the mood strikes. Would be nice to see.

Edit 2 My Griffin 25 leaks from the top while inverted and my resistance is unstable rendering it useless for me in TC. I'll update if I come up with a solution. As of now I can't recommend the Griffin 25.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve, Have ya picked up the Boreas yet ? Its a nice one.
Not yet Jimi but I'm sure I'll get around to it soon. There was a method to my madness. Until these came in my most used RTA was a Billow V2 so the V3 Plus was a given. I skipped the original Aromamizer because of the vape band (just didn't care for that). I also skipped over the original Griffin because of the 3.5ml capacity combined with the big build deck. I was use to 5ml tanks with smaller decks so I though bigger deck with less capacity wouldn't be a good combination for me. Plus the sales were to good to pass up. I've been accused of being thrifty (that sounds so much better than cheap lmao)

PS It's great to see you here my friend!!! I always enjoyed talking to you at ECF!

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of the main reason I started this thread was because it hit me just how much better the current crop of atomizers are. When I think of the Protank 2 and KFL+ I was using around 3 years ago, I'm in awe of the progress that's been made. We were also using 11 watt VV/VW mods. It's a great time to be a vaper. The choices we have now are spectacular imo.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your missing a Boreas....The best out of all the 25mm RTA's
I think all the new 25mm RTA's are great. I'm not so sure there is such a thing as best (sort of like what's the best car or truck). I think they all have their pros and cons. I believe it comes down to personal preference and what options are important to that given individual. The best for you might not be the best for someone else. Can't get everything all at once (well at least I can't - no matter how much I fertilize my money tree, it's never enough lol).

Cheers,
Steve

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think all the new 25mm RTA's are great. I'm not so sure there is such a thing as best (sort of like what's the best car or truck). I think they all have their pros and cons. I believe it comes down to personal preference and what options are important to that given individual. The best for you might not be the best for someone else. Can't get everything all at once (well at least I can't - no matter how much I fertilize my money tree, it's never enough lol).

Cheers,
Steve
The RTA with the Least amount of flaws is what I call the best....Maybe most thought out instead? Ive had 90% of all of the new RTA's and all of them had flaws, much like how the Griffin didnt have flaws but the Boreas does what the Griffin did and then some

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to say
BOREAS all the way... FOR ME!
The supreme is over rated
The VCMT is PIA
But all my chubbies serves my VAPING needs
VCMT for work
Supreme for ummm whatever
BOREAS Is my FLAPOR...
the Griffin 25? FOR ME IS MEH!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have to say
The VCMT is PIA
VCMT for work
BOREAS Is my FLAPOR...

Same for me ^ ^ I told you the VCMT was a PITA!!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yup you told me,, lol
But I figured it out though
CBV2 did the trick.. Thanks for the sample you sent me
I ordered 4 bags lol
Im trying out some NW Platinum Blend in a few days and some other PIMA Cotton, if its good stuff Ill send some to you next time also, I really hope the PIMA is good as its crazy cheap!!!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im trying out some NW Platinum Blend in a few days and some other PIMA Cotton, if its good stuff Ill send some to you next time also, I really hope the PIMA is good as its crazy cheap!!!
You let us know, Japanese cotton don't do the trick anymore, they fucking cloning that shit too...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You let us know, Japanese cotton don't do the trick anymore, they fucking cloning that shit too...
Yea I didnt like Jap Cotton due to its nasty break in period and I would constantly rewick so I felt I was always breaking it in....After CB V2 I will only use Cottons that dont need break in...and the other listed reason why its so damn good!

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is there any difference between Japanese cotton and cbv2 besides breaking it in? My only issue with these newer tanks is I have to rewick every 2 days it seems like... but I only have Japanese cotton and rayon

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also I'm surprised to see no one seems to be a big fan of the griffin 25... I was fully planning on getting one but then I bought the boreas and I like the boreas so much I bought a second one and held off buying the griffin 25 but still kinda want it. But seems like it's not to great.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Is there any difference between Japanese cotton and cbv2 besides breaking it in? My only issue with these newer tanks is I have to rewick every 2 days it seems like... but I only have Japanese cotton and rayon
It lasts longer, its mor absorbant/holds more juice, its more burn resistant and if you do dryhit you dont taste it every time you draw afterwards....I find it much easier to wick with and the long strands are great....no more rolling and folding the cotton making it much more absorbant..

20160328_141142.jpg 20160307_193009.jpg
There's 10 of these big ass Cotton Lengths in each pack...Im still using the 3 packs I bought 4 months ago....and I rewick and build constantly (2-3 builds a day)
20160327_185051.jpg

Its the only Cotton I use now, well I am trying newer cottons but so far its the only one I approve of.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It lasts longer, its mor absorbant/holds more juice, its more burn resistant and if you do dryhit you dont taste it every time you draw afterwards....I find it much easier to wick with and the long strands are great....no more rolling and folding the cotton making it much more absorbant..

View attachment 49376 View attachment 49377
There's 10 of these big ass Cotton Lengths in each pack...Im still using the 3 packs I bought 4 months ago....and I rewick and build constantly (2-3 builds a day)
View attachment 49378

Its the only Cotton I use now, well I am trying newer cottons but so far its the only one I approve of.
Good to know I always figured cotton bacon was just a gimmick to get you to pay more for cotton but now I'm gonna have to try it thanks raymo!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Good to know I always figured cotton bacon was just a gimmick to get you to pay more for cotton but now I'm gonna have to try it thanks raymo!
I thought so also until I was giving a half pack of it from a friend after I made him some coils...since then it's all Ive used....I still have a Tub full of Jap cotton and I wont bother to use it if I run out of CB...Ill wait for the next delivery

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Also I'm surprised to see no one seems to be a big fan of the griffin 25... I was fully planning on getting one but then I bought the boreas and I like the boreas so much I bought a second one and held off buying the griffin 25 but still kinda want it. But seems like it's not to great.

I like mine better than my 22mm Griffins. It's machined better, and isn't completely covered in logos. I'm disappointed though that the chimney stem is still undersized. It creates a choke point on the airflow, and increases heat.

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am a bit wary of the HG2 these days. No one has been following what has been going on with IMRBatteries and the HG2?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I am a bit wary of the HG2 these days. No one has been following what has been going on with IMRBatteries and the HG2?

No, what?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I forgot one of my chubby buddies. I also have the Smok TFRTA with G4 deck.

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Their current stock is a mix of grade A and grade B bin products. Grade B cells have shown to be underperforming versus grade A. This is of particular concern under high current draw. No telling how many other vendors are also stocking and selling lower binned HG2 cells. So how do you tell if you have an HG2 that underperforms? Outside of purchasing your own CBA IV, this post and this post detail quick and easy ways...

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Their current stock is a mix of grade A and grade B bin. Grade B cells have shown to be underperforming versus grade A. This is of particular concern under high current draw. No telling how many other vendors are also stocking and selling lower binned cells.
Are you sure?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Theres nothing really new with the 25 except the gimmicky top airflow, and juice capacity, deck size didn't improve drastically, I cancelled my order when the BLack BOREAS became available, and it was the best decision..

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I just read it on Reddit.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to say
The VCMT is PIA
VCMT for work
BOREAS Is my FLAPOR...

Any regrets on VCMT? It's is little of a PITA, but performs well when right and just looks bad ass. My replacement deck for Supreme still not shipped though have tracking was sent Thursday. Also ordered the black Glass, curious how will look. The Boreas with Black Glass would be sweet.

Current build ss316l, enjoying.
2d04bac60dd92016279f8e29515df27f.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any regrets on VCMT? It's is little of a PITA, but performs well when right and just looks bad ass. My replacement deck for Supreme still not shipped though have tracking was sent Thursday. Also ordered the black Glass, curious how will look. The Boreas with Black Glass would be sweet.

Current build ss316l, enjoying.
2d04bac60dd92016279f8e29515df27f.jpg
Good am sir,
Well, I did my research on the VCMT bro, I knew what I'm gonna have to deal with, ITS PITA yup, but FOR ME, i can deal with that... To answer ur question NO REGRETS, will I buy it again NOPE! Lol
I don't have leaking problem with it like what others said.. And yes it's bad ass..
Been waiting for a black glass for the BOREAS bro
I'm about to rebuild the V, what you got there?
Give me more details?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I want black glass for Boreas, too.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well sorry to hear that, what seems to be the issue with the tornado?

It's a pain to build because the deck is loose. In order to pulse your coils you have to either screw on the chimney barrel or complete the circuit with a screwdriver. And I put 6 coils on it because I may be reviewing it.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good am sir,
Well, I did my research on the VCMT bro, I knew what I'm gonna have to deal with, ITS PITA yup, but FOR ME, i can deal with that... To answer ur question NO REGRETS, will I buy it again NOPE! Lol
I don't have leaking problem with it like what others said.. And yes it's bad ass..
Been waiting for a black glass for the BOREAS bro
I'm about to rebuild the V, what you got there?
Give me more details?
Lol, cool.
Actually not sure exactly what it is. Only Clapton wire I have is ss316, was stray laying somewhere. For diameter again not sure, pulled some big nail, though basically maxes out the space. Don't notice large difference large Vs small ID, but when need more wick go large.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lol, cool.
Actually not sure exactly what it is. Only Clapton wire I have is ss316, was stray laying somewhere. For diameter again not sure, pulled some big nail, though basically maxes out the space. Don't notice large difference large Vs small ID, but when need more wick go large.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk
Its probably 26g/32g

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just finally got a chance to build my Griffin 25, I'm vaping on it now. It's not bad at all. With having top and bottom airflow, you certainly have more than enough. I built it dual coil. Here's a tip, make sure you unscrew the wick retaining ring before trying to remove the ceramic block or you will rip it to shreds (I removed mine luckily). Building was easy and wicking not bad either. I wicked mine first, then put the ring on (not sure I'll do it that way going forward). Lots of flavor and vapor, still trying to figure out if I like it better with the top airflow closed or open. One other thing you might see from the picture (in the 1st post) is the Griffin narrows slightly at the very bottom and has almost no overhang on my Lavaboxs. I've only been vaping it for a short time so this all just preliminary findings. So far I give it a thumbs up!

All three of my new 25mm RTA's offer different airflow types. The Aromamizer Supreme is strictly from the side. The Billow is under coil and from the back. The Griffin is under and from the top. Figured why not try all the different varieties.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit It leaks from the top while inverted and my resistance is unstable rendering it useless for me in TC. I'll update if I come up with a solution. As of now I can't recommend the Griffin 25.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well a quick update on the Griffin. My resistance was jumping all over the place while the tank was sitting idle (from .43-.61). I figured maybe my build was messed up so I tried again twice with the same results. On top of that the tank was 3/4 full when I decided to rebuild it. I unscrewed the base and set it upside down on the drip-tip. During the rebuild time most of the juice leaked out of the tip onto my desk (that should not happen). I'm beyond frustrated with this tank and will be talking to Eciggity tomorrow to try and arrange a refund!

Cheers,
Steve

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well a quick update on the Griffin. My resistance was jumping all over the place while the tank was sitting idle (from .43-.61). I figured maybe my build was messed up so I tried again twice with the same results. On top of that the tank was 3/4 full when I decided to rebuild it. I unscrewed the base and set it upside down on the drip-tip. During the rebuild time most of the juice leaked out of the tip onto my desk (that should not happen). I'm beyond frustrated with this tank and will be talking to Eciggity tomorrow to try and arrange a refund!

Cheers,
Steve
Trade for a Boreas!!!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cheers,
Steve
DUDE
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
we cool..

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't make me say it Steve
#toldya

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I knew there was a reason I waited to build that tank last. Seems to me they still need to work a few bugs out of it. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Cheers,
Steve
It could've Been better if they @GEEKVAPE came out with a 25 mm initially, obviously GREED kicked it... Let's make a 25 mm with a similar build deck but with more capacity
COME ON NOW!! Some of us ain't dumb...
Get a BOREAS dude... U missing out

VU Sponsors