Become a Patron!

The Banshee From Boru Vape

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at The Banshee RDA from Boru Vape. The Banshee RDA was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Lee from Boru Vape.

https://boruvape.com/our-products/1-the-...-vape.html

In the box

Contents:

1 Banshee RDA (Ultem 810 drip tip)
Spare parts (O-rings and screws)
2 Pre build coils & Cotton
BF pin
510 Drip tip adaptor
510 Drip Tip
Hex Allen Key
Manual

Aesthetics

The Banshee comes packaged in a nice decorative box but once opened you immediately lay eyes on a solid but rather plain looking RDA. As i study the Banshee more it becomes clear that in this case less is more, not going for eye catching fancy but solid precise build quality and thick Stainless Steel (The Banshee is built to last). After saying that it's not entirely featureless and the features it does have while being understated are classy in style. I received The Stainless Steel version but there are 4 other options available, apart from the Ultem drip tip and gold plated 510 pin it is entirely stainless steel. The only Aesthetic features of note are above the air holes on one side we have the word "Banshee" in a fancy font etched into the casing. The airflow is made up of 4 rectangular (almost square) holes which are identical both sides. The Ultem drip tip is more of a feature on the Banshee than other RDA's due to it being taller than the usual standard Ultem drip tip, we are only talking approximately 2mm taller but it's definitely noticeable.

Assembling and Disassembling

Because there are no issues with the Banshee there's not a lot to write in this section. The drip tip fits nice and tightly but comes out easy enough and it's a true 810 fit so you can use a favourite 810 if you wish as well as having a 510 option. The outer Sleeve is again tight fitting due to duel o-rings so you need to put the Banshee on your device or tab and then it pulls off no problems at all revealing a very slightly domed inner sleeve to help with flavour. Switching to the supplied BF pin is a simple job of unscrewing the standard pin and swapping for the BF pin (As i'm going to be using the Banshee on a squonk mod i fitted the BF pin). Putting the Banshee back together is a breeze.

Specs:

24mm Diameter
Top mounted hexs screws
Huge Airflow 8mm wide
5mm Deep Juice Well
Dual bottom adjustable airflow
810 Drip tip with 510 adaptor
Gold Plated Posts
Colours: Silver, Black, Brass, Copper, Rainbow

The Build Deck and The Build

The build deck is stepped style gold plated posts with the only noticeable con being the post holes are a standard size and not huge as some of the more recent RDA's have had in recent times to facilitate large chunky coils, but i got a couple of fused Claptons fitted in as easy as you like. In fact there seems loads of room to work with and also fixing the coils in place from above makes fitting the coils very easy and loads of room to position the coils perfectly over the large 8mm air inlets. When the coils are positioned over the air inlets it is very noticeable the bottom and sides of the coils will get full coverage and i'm starting to get the feeling the Banshee is going to be another flavoursome RDA. The Banshee has a very nice deep 5mm juice well and wicking is straightforward as i can't see that it will be temperamental.

Performance

Boru Vape are a small British company and i'm sure will have more products in the future, but don't expect them flooding the market, it's perfectly obvious after using the Banshee they are about quality and getting things right (and they got the Banshee spot on), rather than quantity.
I started vaping on it and felt full of pride that the Banshee was designed and manufactured in the UK. It's not just good it is up there with the very best the main manufacturers have to offer (I couldn't get Rule Britannia out of my head). The vape is so smooth and flavoursome and plenty of cloud if that's what you like. Adjusting the airflow is also very smooth, not over tight like you can get with a lot of RDA's and i was very impressed with the Ultem drip tip (not normally a fan, as i find them too stumpy), the extra couple of mm's might not sound a lot but it makes a big difference.

Pros:

Great Flavour
Good Cloud Production
Very Easy Build
BF Pin Included
Good Design
Great Build Quality
Large Air Inlets
Deep Juice well
Gold Plated Posts and Pins
Nice Ultem Drip Tip

Cons:

Not Suitable For Large Chunky Coils
No Single Coil Option

Conclusion

I have not tried every RDA that has come out this year but i have tried a lot and i found the Banshee only to be out gunned for flavour by the Digiflavor Drop and that's nothing to be ashamed of. I would be surprised if anyone who has used the Banshee doesn't at least have it on their short list for RDA of 2017.

I would once again like to thank Lee from Boru Vape for supplying the Banshee for review.

https://boruvape.com/our-products/1-the-...-vape.html

This is my last review before Christmas Day so i wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas

VU Sponsors