I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
how is your using on mu x5 xl?
I'm pretty sure I actually liked the 4 better but I'm not sure, that's lost forever in my couch somewhere. But I'm just running a single alien coil stuffed with cotton since I wasn't getting much flavor running dual, tastes much better.

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Mage and Tornado Nano are winners for sure!

I get to try the Limitless tomorrow! Ordered the Recoil Rda also

With the limitless I recommend using as little cotton as possible, just enough to fit in the juice channel, and once the cap is holding it in place I would use your screw driver to make a little gap in the cotton for air. I've got the limitless and limitless pls v1, and that's the best wicking I've found for both of them. But no matter what, if it tilts for too long, I will leak. Just a heads up.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a shitload of bottom fed RDA's, the Goon has been the fav for the last few weeks until the next must have comes to fruition.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just traded for a Fuel V2 from @anen and I hear it is a cloud chaser's dream with quite decent flavor. Will keep you posted. Right now thew best cloud chaser I have is my Phenotype L but it's a bit of a bitch to build right. I traded my Kennerdy 24 which is beautifully machined but does not produce the clouds as advertised IMHO. I have a silver Kennedy anyway and I hate copper - to much work keeping clean.

Here is anen's pic ...

8atolTw.jpg

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Really like the TM2 and the Petri v2. To use on my Noisy Crickets I like the Rafle X even though it is 24 mm and hangs over, I prefer function over form in this case and the neutral post allows me to use some beefy fused Clapton's on the NC. For flavor you can't beat the Derringer, yeah I know sorta old school, but again function over form.

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Really like the TM2 and the Petri v2. To use on my Noisy Crickets I like the Rafle X even though it is 24 mm and hangs over, I prefer function over form in this case and the neutral post allows me to use some beefy fused Clapton's on the NC. For flavor you can't beat the Derringer, yeah I know sorta old school, but again function over form.
I can't stand the rafale. I can never get good flavor out of it. What's your trick?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm using duel 26K/38N80 fused Clapton's 7 wraps 3 mm ID. Comes in @ 0.48 ohms which ends up being 120 watts on the NC with fresh batteries. Scottish roll KGD cotton where they are just touching the deck. DIY Eagle Rare Bourbon juice, this is my drinking set up. Clouds and flavor, best of both worlds...

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using duel 26K/38N80 fused Clapton's 7 wraps 3 mm ID. Comes in @ 0.48 ohms which ends up being 120 watts on the NC with fresh batteries. Scottish roll KGD cotton where they are just touching the deck. DIY Eagle Rare Bourbon juice, this is my drinking set up. Clouds and flavor, best of both worlds...
Hmm. Maybe I should throw some claptons in there and try again

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wismec Neutron should be available soon, Velocity kinda style with a neutral post.

I'm really looking forward to that one.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
28e420d1174c2b3504e556d2f62c1edb.jpg

It uses flat head screws instead of allens which is great.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I hate flathead screws, prone to stripping, worse than Phillips heads. Hex grubs are so much better. Those who complain about hex screws stripping are using cheap ass Allen wrench. I got batches of grub screws also to replace the shit screws that a lot of manufacturers use also.

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hate flathead screws, prone to stripping, worse than Phillips heads. Hex grubs are so much better. Those who complain about hex screws stripping are using cheap ass Allen wrench. I got batches of grub screws also to replace the shit screws that a lot of manufacturers use also.

Time to get an Allen key set at the Home Depot or at Lowes. I think Dewalt brand sells those Allen sets in a pocket knife version last I visited the tools section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Favorites in no certain order.
Velocity
Prophet
Druid
Goon
Lycan
X1 (both 30 & 24mm)

I just got an X1 ( 30mm ) and can't find a build I'm happy with to save my life. What do you run and could you post a picture as well?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got an X1 ( 30mm ) and can't find a build I'm happy with to save my life. What do you run and could you post a picture as well?
Depending on the Mod. Series I will build a 0.5 and Tube I'll put around a 0.17

With 30mm devices a lot more air so I build hotter. Also use the Copper positive post, more responsive.

Here's what I'm running now, 29x2/34 317L SS, ohms out 0.18.

3bd85526c1bd0004c0c56212234174cb.jpg

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Additionally I wrap it around 3.5 di, sometimes 4 but 3.5 I'm happier with.

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thank you, I'm not new to coil building but still in the beginning stages. Right now I have an 8 wrap aroutdoor 3.5mm of 22g ni and just not real happy with it, ramp up is too slow. Flavor is very good though. I currently have a 22mm norris rda, 24mm goon, alpha ohmega bft 30mm and the x1 my wife just got me for my birthday. I'm currently using an rx 2/3 but am looking into getting a box mod kit online to build. I've noticed I like the unregulated better. Just seems like better ramp up. I'm assuming due to the fact there are no chips or other things it has to run through first. I'm also aware of battery safety and about mosfets.

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I currently only have 24gauge kanthal, any recommendations for the x1 with that? Also thanks for the copper positive tip, was the first thing I did with mine

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you, I'm not new to coil building but still in the beginning stages. Right now I have an 8 wrap aroutdoor 3.5mm of 22g ni and just not real happy with it, ramp up is too slow. Flavor is very good though. I currently have a 22mm norris rda, 24mm goon, alpha ohmega bft 30mm and the x1 my wife just got me for my birthday. I'm currently using an rx 2/3 but am looking into getting a box mod kit online to build. I've noticed I like the unregulated better. Just seems like better ramp up. I'm assuming due to the fact there are no chips or other things it has to run through first. I'm also aware of battery safety and about mosfets.
Yeah, did my homework and learned Mech's. I'm much happier with them. I love the Vape they provide. I guess the only positive with the FDA and Government fuckery is it got me into building and Mech's.
I currently only have 24gauge kanthal, any recommendations for the x1 with that? Also thanks for the copper positive tip, was the first thing I did with mine
24g Kanthal, I'd try twisted pair, wrapping about 6 wraps around a 3.5mm di. Space them a bit also. Crank it up to around 90 watts.

Twisted is pretty easy to make. If you don't have anything you can twist try a parallel build with the same.

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, did my homework and learned Mech's. I'm much happier with them. I love the Vape they provide. I guess the only positive with the FDA and Government fuckery is it got me into building and Mech's.

24g Kanthal, I'd try twisted pair, wrapping about 6 wraps around a 3.5mm di. Space them a bit also. Crank it up to around 90 watts.

Twisted is pretty easy to make. If you don't have anything you can twist try a parallel build with the same.

Thank you very much!!! Will be trying this after I get off work tomorrow, or I shall say later today!!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you very much!!! Will be trying this after I get off work tomorrow, or I shall say later today!!
NP, also I really recommend SS, more responsive, cleaner and crisper flavor. Places I source my wire from are Kidney Puncher and Crazy Wire. I also know Advanced Vape Supply who is active here people like his SS wire.

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
NP, also I really recommend SS, more responsive, cleaner and crisper flavor. Places I source my wire from are Kidney Puncher and Crazy Wire. I also know Advanced Vape Supply who is active here people like his SS wire.

I'll have to check into that, I've never dabbled in ss before, guess I never really knew the benefits of it before. Is there much of a difference in resistance compared to kanthal?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have to check into that, I've never dabbled in ss before, guess I never really knew the benefits of it before. Is there much of a difference in resistance compared to kanthal?
Yes, lower resistance. Just check it out on steam-engine

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, lower resistance. Just check it out on steam-engine

Will do, thank you again. And BTW I'll have to check out the advanced vape supply you were talking about.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For RDA? Best in flavor is the Succubus although not that bad in vapor production either.
Now, has anyone started a post on rta yet?
7ad581b85573d5d05279c6cf7aebd8a9.jpg

EVl Reaper all the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For RDA? Best in flavor is the Succubus although not that bad in vapor production either.
Now, has anyone started a post on rta yet?
7ad581b85573d5d05279c6cf7aebd8a9.jpg

EVl Reaper all the way.

Rta's are awesome for on the go, I'm currently using the ohmega Bft with the included clapton it came with and the flavor is up to par. Tbh the cloud production is sometimes better than some of my rda builds.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Favorite RDAs at the moment are Goon, Mason, and Temple, all 24MM. My Tsumani 22 and Sapor are OK. My Tsunami 24 is a PITA as I can never get the cap smoothly back on and have to slam it very hard with my hand. I have a clone TM Squared to try but haven't built on it yet.

I eventually get a Recoil, a 22mm Goon a 24mm Twisted Messes and who knows what else.

RTAs? I just want all of them, especially the minis.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Favorite RDAs at the moment are Goon, Mason, and Temple, all 24MM. My Tsumani 22 and Sapor are OK. My Tsunami 24 is a PITA as I can never get the cap smoothly back on and have to slam it very hard with my hand. I have a clone TM Squared to try but haven't built on it yet.

I eventually get a Recoil, a 22mm Goon a 24mm Twisted Messes and who knows what else.

put a couple drops of ejuice on your finger then rub it on the orings. fixes that easily

also Tsunami 24 is my fav RDA right now with honorable mention to the aeronaut and so horney

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The solution for the Tsunami24 is to wiggle the cap on instead of pressing it down, or to remove the top o-ring from the deck section.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
put a couple drops of ejuice on your finger then rub it on the orings. fixes that easily also Tsunami 24 is my fav RDA right now with honorable mention to the aeronaut and so horney
The solution for the Tsunami24 is to wiggle the cap on instead of pressing it down, or to remove the top o-ring from the deck section.

Sadly, I think in the case of my Tsunami 24 it is a case of poor tolerances, as I have tried both suggestions combined and the cap still will only go back on when when slammed from above with a direct downward motion.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Sadly, I think in the case of my Tsunami 24 it is a case of poor tolerances, as I have tried both suggestions combined and the cap still will only go back on when when slammed from above with a direct downward motion.
mine slides on easy after juicing up the orings

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
mine slides on easy after juicing up the orings
Mine slides over the o-rings and stops at the stepped ring that the bottom airflow holes sit in. I have many other atomizers so I really haven't bothered trying to repair it yet but as they are an affordable RDA with a relatively low resale value, I'll probably go at it with a polishing wheel and the cordless Dremel eventually.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, saw a black Recoil while buying juice at a local shop. Guess I have a new favorite RDA.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A friend of mine's been asking around about the rda in the pic below. Does anyone know anything about it?
e0da961128a08e7993b9a501df9c6eba.jpg

I also want one but since we don't even know the name, that's kinda hard.

Cagey75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A friend of mine's been asking around about the rda in the pic below. Does anyone know anything about it?
e0da961128a08e7993b9a501df9c6eba.jpg

I also want one but since we don't even know the name, that's kinda hard.

No idea, but how did you find the image without knowing the name? might be somewhere on the page you found it

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Every time I see that's pic, my mind goes to either a Mark Bugs or Norbert design but nether of them has ever used a gold plated deck

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vaponaute? Saw something from them that used resin tips like those.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Velocity is my goto, really enjoy the Kennedy 25 but gets hot and been too lazy to find new drip tip. Always felt that 25mm was pushing the size limit but decided to try the Buddha z 30, wow, still on first build for last 3 days but very impressed. Flavor is all there, airflow from more than open to very tight. Might have to get smaller one, but totally stoked with this one.

c6c94a78baf5812914bdb12c5f3a1b7b.jpg

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Introcourse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I currently am using my Limitless RDTA Plus mainly. The red looks great on my red/black tuglyfe DNA200 and rocks with claptons. My goon is pretty great, the Prophet is interesting, I still love my mini Buddha, have a Mini Fat Buddha coming in the mail today with the new VCM2 and my 24mm X1 Blue Chrome RDA on the X1 mod has been used since the day it came out.

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Any Vaperz Cloud fans know which is a must have. I'm torn between getting a 30mm Temple or the new Buddah Z III. I've seen so many pics with the Temple but as far as its performance it has mixed reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors