Become a Patron!

The best regulated mod?

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My boyfriend's birthday is in 10 days and I want to get him the coolest and the best mod out there. He currently has the koopor plus with the arctic turbo. It randomly shuts off on him and there's a lot of chips on the paint from him dropping it. He loves his setup though and honestly, I do As well the clouds and flavor he gets off of his turbo is outrageous. I'm looking to spend under 200 dollars. Please send me links.

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the snow wolf 1.5 and the rx200 and he isn't impressed with them. I need something that will blow him away. I'm considering the panzer dna 200

Scy123

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anything with a DNA200 chip will probably be best. Keep in mind that when buying a lipo mod that swapping batteries is generally not a good idea, so you will have to recharge the mod instead of being able to swap out the battery like with a 18650 device. If you're hard set on lipos I'd get the Vaporshark DNA200 as it is the only one that comes with zip charging (2a) and will charge the device twice as fast as any other device. They are USA based, so warranty will be a lot easier too.

Unless you can go the whole day on a single charge, or are using multiple mods, I'd recommend an 18650 mod though.

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was thinking about the lavabox, do you know anything about that?

Jamie :)

Scy123

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry, I don't, but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's your favorite mod? I don't know about built in batteries

Scy123

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the Wismec DNA200 which I'm liking a lot. It has 3 replaceable 18650 batteries and with LG HG2's will have twice the battery life of most other DNA200 mods. For example the Panzer and Lavabox will have about 14 watt hours while the Wismec will have about 28 watt hours.

The only problem with it is that it has a short 510 connection and tanks with long 510 pins maybe damage it. Also it is heavier and not so pocket friendly. Warranty will probably also be a pain as they are a Chinese based company.

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's what happened with my rx200 and my tfv4. I had to get a new tank for it because the 510 pin on my tfv4 was too long and it kept shorting out my mod. I've had no problems since then :)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally I am digging the Varitube Renegade RGX II which houses a sx350j v2 board. If you are wanting a dna200 the Efusion Duo is cool as it comes with multiple panel choices and comes with both the batt sled for 133w and the lipo for the 200w

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm open to anything, not just the dna200s :)

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He wants a good quality box that's not going to break on him

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reuleaux rx200 . More bang for your buck . (3) 18650s makes for very long life before having to recharge your batteries isn't has fancy or as customizable as a dna board but still has just as much balls ... and for a considerably lesser price

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have it and he doesn't like it lol

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am loving the vapor flask stout, if he can do with max 100w. Runs on a single 26650, small enough to carry (although a little heavy for its size) and lasts longer than a single 18650.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for sending links! I like how you can customize the renegade. Do you know any unique ones? Where the button is in a different spot? Or even the screen? He said he wants something different than the basic setup of mods

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for sending links! I like how you can customize the renegade. Do you know any unique ones? Where the button is in a different spot? Or even the screen? He said he wants something different than the basic setup of mods
The enclosure for the Renegade will all be the same as far as button placement and 510 placement. You can send Perry at Veritube pictures and he is adding printed on graphic to the enclosures.

Just for reference here is how my Renegade is looking. I posted these in another thread but... Also the graphics Perry from Varitube is using is different than this box as this technique is a laser engraving from a different party. But from what I have seen of the new graphics Varitube is doing are pretty awesome as they allow for color and detail.

There are other mods that have a more custom look to them but the $ goes up significantly along with wait time as they are not as mass produced.

Another option altogether to make any mod more unique or special is to put a jwrap on one.

20160320_183447.jpg 20160320_183415.jpg 20160331_000815.jpg

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Get him a Vaporflask. On the high end you can go for the SX or if you want to go under $100 then look at the Classic. The Stout is real nice as well. Vaporshark is releasing a DNA Flask but I have only seen pics I don't think its out yet.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw them on another thread! It looks amazing. I love the pink band you have
Thanks :) I am really happy with the box, but I am also really liking the graphic options now being offered by Perry from Varitube. Different techniques but both are cool.

Just about any vape shop should be able to give you a pink band. :) that one came with some eliquid.

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get him a Vaporflask. On the high end you can go for the SX or if you want to go under $100 then look at the Classic. The Stout is real nice as well. Vaporshark is releasing a DNA Flask but I have only seen pics I don't think its out yet.
I used to really want a flask. I am digging the SX350j flask, but truthfully I am paranoid that it will look like I am drinking and driving with one lol.

Scy123

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used to really want a flask. I am digging the SX350j flask, but truthfully I am paranoid that it will look like I am drinking and driving with one lol.

Haha good thinking. Will keep in mind not to use a flask style mod while driving.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
you cant go wrong with either the dna2oo or the SXJ
@Wingsfan0310 has the lavabox. I have a coupld of vaporsharks and a whiteout dna.
the board is phenominal, it has had me pretty much at a point where I stopped looking for anything that can vape "better." The only thing to be mindful of is the battery, since most don't allow for quick changes ;as has been said. The lack of ability to change is a blessing and a curse. For myself, I 've enjoyed not having to drag batteries around like I used to. But, I am topping off the mod in the office before I leave. everything vaping is a trade off.

here is a list of the available dna200s that are mass produced, of course there are other custom boxes out there.
http://vaping360.com/dna-200-box-mods/

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you cant go wrong with either the dna2oo or the SXJ
@Wingsfan0310 has the lavabox. I have a coupld of vaporsharks and a whiteout dna.
the board is phenominal, it has had me pretty much at a point where I stopped looking for anything that can vape "better." The only thing to be mindful of is the battery, since most don't allow for quick changes ;as has been said. The lack of ability to change is a blessing and a curse. For myself, I 've enjoyed not having to drag batteries around like I used to. But, I am topping off the mod in the office before I leave. everything vaping is a trade off.

here is a list of the available dna200s that are mass produced, of course there are other custom boxes out there.
http://vaping360.com/dna-200-box-mods/
I forgot about that list. I guess that is why you get the big bucks. :)

Batteries is a reason why I like the Duo by Efusion. as it comes with both options.

Scy123

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that joyetech tank does look like a shot glass. lol
HAHA This is taken straight from joyetech website.

CUBIS_03.png

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I forgot about that list. I guess that is why you get the big bucks. :)

Batteries is a reason why I like the Duo by Efusion. as it comes with both options.
I considered it before the prorape came out, I may still get it at some point. But, I have a reo in the mail right now

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want a dual 18650 mod with the DNA200 chip then you could look into the hCigar VT133. I have one and it's my every day vape. I also have the Reuleax DNA200 and like it but it is heavy and to big to carry in your pocket (IMHO). I also have 2 hCigar VT200's and they have lipo batteries but I vape too much to get a full day out of one. I do not vape at 100 watts or over and use temperature control almost exclusively so the VT133 is plenty of power and will last me almost all day. I keep an extra set of batteries charged up so when I get home from work, I just change them out and keep on vapin. If you want to get him something that he will enjoy customizing to his liking then the DNA chip is the way to go.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you want a dual 18650 mod with the DNA200 chip then you could look into the hCigar VT133. I have one and it's my every day vape. I also have the Reuleax DNA200 and like it but it is heavy and to big to carry in your pocket (IMHO). I also have 2 hCigar VT200's and they have lipo batteries but I vape too much to get a full day out of one. I do not vape at 100 watts or over and use temperature control almost exclusively so the VT133 is plenty of power and will last me almost all day. I keep an extra set of batteries charged up so when I get home from work, I just change them out and keep on vapin. If you want to get him something that he will enjoy customizing to his liking then the DNA chip is the way to go.
I have the same problem with the VT. Battery life just sucks for the way I vape. I'm waiting on that DNA 133 Vaporflask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I sold my Reo and bought the wife a SX Mini with the funds. I want the Reo back lol
my first try at a BF mod.. I really wanted regulated, but 40W isn't enough, and I couldn't find a affordable squonk box with respectable power.
So, I fugure why not?

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my first try at a BF mod.. I really wanted regulated, but 40W isn't enough, and I couldn't find a affordable squonk box with respectable power.
So, I fugure why not?
Maybe you will love it and be a bottom fed guy from now on, and then we will all get killer deals on your non bf thingies lol.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
bahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep putting off going through all of it.

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He said he wants something different than the basic setup of mods
Boxer DNA 200. It is the same as the others, but different at the same time.

rice721

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd go with the boxer dna133w or the vaporshark dna200, but I'm biased cuz those are my favs in my collection

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hear so many good things about the vaporshark. Is it annoying that the screen is on the bottom? I'm afraid he might crack it. He's pretty rough with his mod.

Scy123

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now that you mention it. I would find it kinda annoying that the screen is on the bottom. I like to look at the screen when in tc mode to get an idea of what watts and temperature it's actually running at.

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really like the looks of the boxer mod. I want the 200w one. But I see its a diy? Would he have to build it?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hear so many good things about the vaporshark. Is it annoying that the screen is on the bottom? I'm afraid he might crack it. He's pretty rough with his mod.

he can't crack it, I have 2 vsdna30. 6vsdna40s and 2 of the dna200s- never had a cracked screen.
there is a lip around the perimeter of the screen, so the screen never hits the surface.
the one thing I would warn you of is battery life. any of the dna200s with the 900 mah lipo are going to last anout about 4 hours once he gets anout 70w. If he vapes at 50w or under he should be pretty good- on the upside to it, the shark is the only one out of any of the dna200 mods with a 2a rapid charger- I usually charge mine when I'm driving, and in 30 minute i'll go from half charge to full charge. That or i'll pop in on the charger at work when I go into a meeting.
I don't wanna talk anyone out of my favorite mod, just want to make sure you have the information. They are the best form afactor I have seen for a mod, and have held up great. if that is enough battery life for him, you cant go wrong.

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it possible to buy a better battery? I love the looks of that mod. I just know how aggravated he gets with his video games lol

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That's what happened with my rx200 and my tfv4. I had to get a new tank for it because the 510 pin on my tfv4 was too long and it kept shorting out my mod. I've had no problems since then :)

I have the rx200 on the way...I also have the TFV4 mini (hate it) but was going to use it on the rx. Guess not lol. What tank did you get that works now?

VU Sponsors