Become a Patron!

The better low cost BF rda's?

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm increasing my squonk box collection now I'm after some rda's to fit them with.

So far I have a Hadaly clone and an Odis clone of which I haven't really found the right build to make them work for me.

So, I'm searching for the decent low dollar clones...What are they?

I do plan to pick up an Oumier Wasp Nano in the near future and have a Haku clone coming to me soon...anymore I should consider?...I prefer DLH single or dual coil.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That depends on what you call decent ;)

Are you looking for air? Draining vs pooling well, double or single, both? High ohm, low ohm?

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That depends on what you call decent ;)

Are you looking for air? Draining vs pooling well, double or single, both? High ohm, low ohm?

DL air flow...restricted DL can be ok but nothing MTL.

.50 ohm or lower preferred...single or dual coil.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Goon makes a couple good rda's

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

As he specified low dollar clones, links to known good ones would be helpful, some of the Goon clones are trash and not all come with squonk pins

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I have a fasttech goon without logo...don't recall a bf pin or not.

I have the wasp nano ordered from 3f vape and a couple more toys to play with.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm holding off, but I got 3fVape and FT on tap for about 6 more clones.. Like the Demon Killer, etc - teensy lil' single-coil clones.

I'll eventually find "perfect for me", but I gotta' say the Wasp and the Haku are both right up there for "Get "er Done."

I think one of the alternatives I am planning to get is an SXK Basic clone, the Authentic VLS, too..

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm holding off, but I got 3fVape and FT on tap for about 6 more clones.. Like the Demon Killer, etc - teensy lil' single-coil clones.

I'll eventually find "perfect for me", but I gotta' say the Wasp and the Haku are both right up there for "Get "er Done."

I think one of the alternatives I am planning to get is an SXK Basic clone, the Authentic VLS, too..
A good start so far then for me...I'll be searching for more...I have the Hadaly clone but it's not the good clone...possibly why I don't think it's working so good for me.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't like the look of the popular Hadaly/clone.. Otoh, I should see a jai-cloned 502 this week to chuckle at: If it works, fine; if I can remove BB/spring and it works, fine; if I need to drill with dremel, FINE - $10 is much more affordable for "wtf" than $150.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm increasing my squonk box collection now I'm after some rda's to fit them with.

So far I have a Hadaly clone and an Odis clone of which I haven't really found the right build to make them work for me.

I do plan to pick up an Oumier Wasp Nano in the near future and have a Haku clone coming to me soon...anymore I should consider?...I prefer DLH single or dual coil.

The Ulton Entheon is a very good clone.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What didn't you like about the hadaly? Mini build wasn't doing it and an exotic coil was overpowering the atty?

You said you prefer DL over MTL guessing the hadaly just doesn't have the chamber size and airflow to suit your style.

The Haku has more room and airflow for a fatter single coil.
Dead rabbit sq has further more and is what I prefer with a 4mm exotic coil wide open airflow.

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What didn't you like about the hadaly? Mini build wasn't doing it and an exotic coil was overpowering the atty?

You said you prefer DL over MTL guessing the hadaly just doesn't have the chamber size and airflow to suit your style.

The Haku has more room and airflow for a fatter single coil.
Dead rabbit sq has further more and is what I prefer with a 4mm exotic coil wide open airflow.

Man I'm not really sure...it's supposed to be a flavor tank and I can't get hardly any from it...I've tried various coil builds ranging from basic to a twisted to a tiny clapton and get no good flavor off it.. I've tried .5 ohm to 1.2 ohm ranges.

I got the really super cheap fasttech model and I'm thinking about getting the sxk model since it's been said to be the best clone.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man I'm not really sure...it's supposed to be a flavor tank and I can't get hardly any from it...I've tried various coil builds ranging from basic to a twisted to a tiny clapton and get no good flavor off it.. I've tried .5 ohm to 1.2 ohm ranges.

I got the really super cheap fasttech model and I'm thinking about getting the sxk model since it's been said to be the best clone.
heh.. theorrectically, the 502-clone is in the mailbox today - I'll trot down there shortly. I need the laughs, and hey! It might just work 'properly' ;-)

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The SXK model Hadaly is not that great, ShenRay is the best for a Hadaly clone, much closer to 1/1
Ooops...ok I got that wrong then...I knew there was a clone that beat the rest of them... Where to find shenray version?

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so this is what I'm going to do...considering I found the octopus clone $5 cheaper on 3F I'm only after that crazy multi color version as 3F doesn't have it offered but the rest I'm figuring why not...will give me experience with most all of them and I can figure out which is the better ones and maybe even swap some parts around to make some even better....thinking one per week for the next month or so with some added BF rda's as well....it's only money lol.
Screenshot_20180426-195504.jpeg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That the one with the cap that fits the wasp, right?
Actually yes. Have not vaped either one that way though.
The wasp cap also fits the Odis clone.

either way you will get less airflow from each of them with the other ones cap on it.

think I PIF'd out my Hadaly clone.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not consider the Hadaly a DL atty.
Maybe it was just the clone I had but it was a bit tighter than my Odis clone.

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually yes. Have not vaped either one that way though.
The wasp cap also fits the Odis clone.

either way you will get less airflow from each of them with the other ones cap on it.

think I PIF'd out my Hadaly clone.

Great info on wasp cap fitting Odis...now I have to buy a cap for my Odis clone..lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great info on wasp cap fitting Odis...now I have to buy a cap for my Odis clone..lol

The top point of the teardrop shaped air hole in the Odis is blocked with the Wasp cap. will be a bit less air flow.

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do have some rda's that were advertised as styled I do like though...guess you just gotta see what's what and try it...might get a good one.

Kennedy, CEO and a few others I've liked.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If DL is your style, the hadaly is not your best choice.

If you are using it on a mech, a 0.5 ohm or higher coil probably will not get the vape warm enough to be satisfying. If you are using a regulated mod, then coil resistance is less of an issue.

Also, in general, if you are running a single cell mod, single coil will work best. You can run dual coul on a single cell mod but it will eat your batterys capacity in no time and if you build a low ohm dual coil, a single cell mod will struggle to power it.

VU Sponsors