Become a Patron!

The better low cost BF rda's?

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If DL is your style, the hadaly is not your best choice.

If you are using it on a mech, a 0.5 ohm or higher coil probably will not get the vape warm enough to be satisfying. If you are using a regulated mod, then coil resistance is less of an issue.

Also, in general, if you are running a single cell mod, single coil will work best. You can run dual coul on a single cell mod but it will eat your batterys capacity in no time and if you build a low ohm dual coil, a single cell mod will struggle to power it.

Appreciate the feedback on that...I'm gonna get the better ShenRay version and give it another shot....I've found a few single coil tanks I've liked so there has to be a single coil bf rda I like somewhere lol.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, "like" is so subjective.. I've got a few more I want to order from FT and 3F - never tried any of them, but 22mm and below seem to be my single-coil "sweet spot".

Only Duals I have around anymore are a Pulse-24, (meh), a tobeco v2 Velocity (FDV provided an excellent squonk pin)..

And, of course, tanks I want to sell/pif: griffin-25, Aromamizer v1 - I've a clone Boreas v2 (seals suck and it weeps ejuice incessantly) with excellent flavor which sadly may stick around - the flavor is that much better.

@Michael H. I'd scroll thru the 3fvape and FT listings for RDA single coil bf/squonk and just start up a list. (I know I won't spend more than about $12 on the clones, and an order can have... "a few" ;-)

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I'm increasing my squonk box collection now I'm after some rda's to fit them with.

So far I have a Hadaly clone and an Odis clone of which I haven't really found the right build to make them work for me.

So, I'm searching for the decent low dollar clones...What are they?

I do plan to pick up an Oumier Wasp Nano in the near future and have a Haku clone coming to me soon...anymore I should consider?...I prefer DLH single or dual coil.

Entheon authentic or clone with Hadeon cap, Flave 22, and Wasp Nano.

gpjoe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For single coils I like the Origen Little clones, Hadaly clones, Pulse 22 (with clapton), and the Druga - also have a couple of Nudge 22s in the mail. I don't care for the restrictive airflow on the Entheon clones I bought. Still use them, but I find that Hadaly to be a bit less restricted.

A decent, inexpensive dual coil RDA I use for squonking is the Wotofo Serpent BF. I use two simple single-wire coils made from 24ga kanthal at 2.5mm and it vapes great. The only problem I have had with it is the 510 pin is too short - it won't fire on my squonkers with a non-adjustable 510 pin, like the Coppervape.

Had two Wasp Nanos, and used them for a while but sold them. They seemed to spit a lot when built with clapton and other multi-strand wire. Not horrible, but too often for my liking. I like a slightly larger (taller) RDA like the Pulse and Druga for larger wire coils.

Brotherblues

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For single coils I like the Origen Little clones, Hadaly clones, Pulse 22 (with clapton), and the Druga - also have a couple of Nudge 22s in the mail. I don't care for the restrictive airflow on the Entheon clones I bought. Still use them, but I find that Hadaly to be a bit less restricted.

A decent, inexpensive dual coil RDA I use for squonking is the Wotofo Serpent BF. I use two simple single-wire coils made from 24ga kanthal at 2.5mm and it vapes great. The only problem I have had with it is the 510 pin is too short - it won't fire on my squonkers with a non-adjustable 510 pin, like the Coppervape.

Had two Wasp Nanos, and used them for a while but sold them. They seemed to spit a lot when built with clapton and other multi-strand wire. Not horrible, but too often for my liking. I like a slightly larger (taller) RDA like the Pulse and Druga for larger wire coils.

I seem to recall spitting on the Wasp when I used crazy wires that ohmed too low. Definitely no issues for me and an awesome vape after building in the 0.6 ohm range with some smaller claptons.

And there's another cap for the Entheon that really pumps up its airflow. Game changer for it.

VU Sponsors