Become a Patron!

The Big Dripper V2 by Infinite is this the way of the future?

MrFixIt

Member For 4 Years
I just got the big guy in my vape mail today from Vaping Walrus. So far it is performing well. All the air flow holes are in the right place. I like being able to see how much juice is in the tank but am hoping that a glass tank will become available in the future.

The plastic one that comes with it is okay but I just like me some pyrex glass. I think they finally got this concept right with this one. What are your thoughts on devices like these? I'm going to be doing a review of this bad boy soon. I also want to get the all stainless steel version of this to compare and contrast with.

IMG_20141025_162926_628-1.jpg
IMG_20141025_204924_330-1.jpg
IMG_20141026_013319_272-1.jpg

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the stainless version about a month ago, and it's been in heavy use since. I think it's great!

111.jpg

MrFixIt

Member For 4 Years
I have to agree completely on that statement . I'm excited with this device as I can envision several upgrades for it in future versions. For instance more airflow options, a removable build deck maybe? I can even picture a version where the air flow comes up under the coils how awesome would that be? right now I'm just slap happy I no longer have to worry about dripping while out and about.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here. I like my Big Drippers, and I'd like a transparent tank option. However, I won't get one made of plastic: I know what happens to plastic with the juices I vape...

As for airflow coming from under the coils, I'm divided on that one: I use Smok XPure RDAs that has a raised ceramic deck and air holes under the coils, and while they're great, juice does tend to go through the air holes and pool up under the deck. At some point, that stale juice needs to go somewhere: either it eventually finds its way to the air intakes (and the atty leaks) or you "purge" the atty by tilting the atty upside down so the juice goes back over the deck, and you end having to vape tasteless crap until all that old juice is gone. Or you open the atty and rebuild it.

Side air holes aren't perfect, but at least when the atty is dry, it's really dry.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
By the way, I've found two tricks to guestimate how much juice is left in the tank:

- If you have a box mod, fill up the tank, lay the mod on its side on a pencil, on a table, and balance the mod so it rests solely on the pencil. Mark the location of the pencil on the box mod, then glue a narrow strip of velcro across the mod. Now, each time you put down your mod, if the bottom of the box touches the table, the tank is getting empty. You can even get a feel of how empty it is by gently rocking the mod and "feeling" the weight distribution.

- When you press the pump with the mod upright and the tank is full, you can hear gurgling when you release the pump, as air bubbles up the liquid inside. When the tank is almost empty (1 or 2 pump charges left), the gurgling stops.

Additionally, if the last pumping action produced no results, the tank isn't quite empty yet: mark the location of the juice hole on the side of the atty with a felt tip marker, and if you tilt the tank slightly in that direction and wait a bit for the juice to flow toward the hole, you can usually get one last pump charge out of it.

VU Sponsors