Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
what is the rayon wicks? Is this the name of the cotton or the wicking technique?
If interested in its wicking abilities go over to ECF look up: that's how I started & love it!
Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2 started by JeremyR

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone have a idea what size & Diameter coils accommodate which decks?
I am using the larger juice flow deck and many times I get too much juice in the chimney section, spit back. I wonder if I switch to the smaller deck if that will help. I also get dry burns with the larger deck so what i learned to do after its been sitting is open air flow all the way and open top fill cap bubbles appear and quickly recap top. back in business.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Does anyone have a idea what size & Diameter coils accommodate which decks?
I am using the larger juice flow deck and many times I get too much juice in the chimney section, spit back. I wonder if I switch to the smaller deck if that will help. I also get dry burns with the larger deck so what i learned to do after its been sitting is open air flow all the way and open top fill cap bubbles appear and quickly recap top. back in business.

I'm getting the Boreas today. Aren't the decks the same except for the juice hole diameter (2 v. 2.5)? Seems kind of unusual you would be getting both dry burns/hits and what looks like excess juice to cause the spitting and chimney juice. On the other hand this is reminiscent of my experience with the Aromamizer and inability to get a good juice flow balance....which would typically end up with deck flooding and gurgling. I'm glad I have plenty of meh juice to experiment with.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting the Boreas today. Aren't the decks the same except for the juice hole diameter (2 v. 2.5)? Seems kind of unusual you would be getting both dry burns/hits and what looks like excess juice to cause the spitting and chimney juice. On the other hand this is reminiscent of my experience with the Aromamizer and inability to get a good juice flow balance....which would typically end up with deck flooding and gurgling. I'm glad I have plenty of meh juice to experiment with.

no what im saying is with the 2.5 deck, when im not using the tank i close the vents up.
after a while, i re open and take a vape i dont feel there is enough juice and eventually you start to taste what feels like dry cotton, so to speed up the wicking I will open the top cap while its opened up at the air flow / juice flow and it will bubble a bit and close the top and its back to fully wicked (if you dont close the top when it stops bubbling it will start to leak out of the air flow!!!!!!!). I use max VG so my guess is the design of this tank is for thinner stuff takes less time to flow with thinner liquid VS really thick honey VG
If i had a complaint it would be the fact that the oring on the glass were broken when it arrived, thus i only have one spare left now. It is just an oring but how the heck did the oring break in the first place, old stock? Excess heat cold temps while being stored somewhere (god only knows where)...Later i am going to build on the smaller deck with some normal 26g ss316l coils wick it up and have a go.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no what im saying is with the 2.5 deck, when im not using the tank i close the vents up.
after a while, i re open and take a vape i dont feel there is enough juice and eventually you start to taste what feels like dry cotton, so to speed up the wicking I will open the top cap while its opened up at the air flow / juice flow and it will bubble a bit and close the top and its back to fully wicked (if you dont close the top when it stops bubbling it will start to leak out of the air flow!!!!!!!). I use max VG so my guess is the design of this tank is for thinner stuff takes less time to flow with thinner liquid VS really thick honey VG
If i had a complaint it would be the fact that the oring on the glass were broken when it arrived, thus i only have one spare left now. It is just an oring but how the heck did the oring break in the first place, old stock? Excess heat cold temps while being stored somewhere (god only knows where)...Later i am going to build on the smaller deck with some normal 26g ss316l coils wick it up and have a go.
Dry hit on the 2.5 with all holes open means just a little bit too much wick......... Put it in the coils and it should be tight, but you should be able to move it left and right...... If not is too tight and won't wick correctly... Specially with high VG.......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dry hit on the 2.5 with all holes open means just a little bit too much wick......... Put it in the coils and it should be tight, but you should be able to move it left and right...... If not is too tight and won't wick correctly... Specially with high VG.......

IMAG1962_1.jpgIMAG1961_1.jpg

Sometimes the position of the coil effects wicking.... I like mine almost to the top, but if it's not wicking right you might want to lower the coils which will reduce the size of the wick and wicks faster......

You need to experiment and after wicking it 20 times you will find your sweet spot.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 62094View attachment 62095

Sometimes the position of the coil effects wicking.... I like mine almost to the top, but if it's not wicking right you might want to lower the coils which will reduce the size of the wick and wicks faster......

You need to experiment and after wicking it 20 times you will find your sweet spot.

Thanks dude!

Sent from my SM-G900V

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problem.... Ask anything I've had my Boreas rtas about 6 months now..... They goood......

0e247410c5cb939afc0681727a2ffc5a.jpg
26d08034f595d5ed96d85641b938f486.jpg
3d73cc7aec733ef48bde625565e0dc59.jpg

Last edited:

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
I was a bit surprised mine came with the 2mm hole deck installed. But that's what I was going to do anyway given I wasn't going to be using juice guzzling coils or alot of heat. Though I'm using more heat at .36 ohms than I usually do, probably because there is alot of wick/saturation. The coils are built fairly low. Not by design but just because that's how they turned out. Using 24 ga. Kanthal at 7 turns I was already pushing out the legs to meet the posts so I wasn't going to make them longer by installing the coils high. I used plenty of wick. Not so much that it provided alot of resistance through the coils but the tails practically met at the bottom IIRC and I didn't comb or thin. Not alot of room between the coils and bottom of deck edge. All this wasn't the kind of arrangement I had alot of confidence in but as it turns out it's been vaping perfect. Chaining and leaving alone with extended periods with the same 2 holes open all the time. No flooding, which was a problem I had with the Aromamizer which I am now suspecting is missing an o ring somewhere. No dry hits. I can see why people are buying multiples of this....I will probably do likewise.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have been having an issue with the boreas and I think I have found a solution.

First how I vape. I like a little resistance on the draw so the 2 hole open setting works great for me. Maybe 2.5 holes (3 holes open halfway). Also I don't like to take hard draws. And finally I like short draws maybe 3 seconds.

My coils are twisted 28 kanthal 6 wrap at .33 ohm I can't remember if it's 2 wires or 3 twisted though and I vape at 90 watts.

That being said I continued to get hits where it doesn't seem to get enough juice. Not quite dry hit just not yummy and saturated if that makes sense. So what I did was drill the 2mm deck out to about 2.8mm.

I say about because the drill bit I used is a 2.8mm but I'm sure the hole came out slightly bigger and I know 2 have to be at least 3mm I think the drill moved a bit on one hole and I even out the opposite hole to make things symmetrical.

I just installed my coils in this deck and things seem to be much much better. I figured I'd pass on my experiences. Too bad I can't find any place to buy more decks.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been having an issue with the boreas and I think I have found a solution.

First how I vape. I like a little resistance on the draw so the 2 hole open setting works great for me. Maybe 2.5 holes (3 holes open halfway). Also I don't like to take hard draws. And finally I like short draws maybe 3 seconds.

My coils are twisted 28 kanthal 6 wrap at .33 ohm I can't remember if it's 2 wires or 3 twisted though and I vape at 90 watts.

That being said I continued to get hits where it doesn't seem to get enough juice. Not quite dry hit just not yummy and saturated if that makes sense. So what I did was drill the 2mm deck out to about 2.8mm.

I say about because the drill bit I used is a 2.8mm but I'm sure the hole came out slightly bigger and I know 2 have to be at least 3mm I think the drill moved a bit on one hole and I even out the opposite hole to make things symmetrical.

I just installed my coils in this deck and things seem to be much much better. I figured I'd pass on my experiences. Too bad I can't find any place to buy more decks.
cotton? I use the 2.5mm holed deck with rayon and some prebuilt flat twisted kanthal @ 0.19ohm, 60w with 75w 0.5s preheat, 3 air holes open and don't have any issues with wicking. I just re-wicked it yesterday to change flavors and it is blowing big ole clouds with great flavor. It is a toss up right now between this and my billow v3 plus as to my current favorite.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you try the deck with the larger juice holes first? I think it is already 2.5mm.
Yes that's what I have been vaping on and why I used the 2.0mm deck for the experiment. I know they are now bigger than 2.5mm but not sure how big. I used a 7/64 drill bit which is 2.7mm and any time you drill a hole the hole will be larger than the bit so it might me closers to 3mm holes plus 2 holes came out slightly larger than what was intended.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
cotton? I use the 2.5mm holed deck with rayon and some prebuilt flat twisted kanthal @ 0.19ohm, 60w with 75w 0.5s preheat, 3 air holes open and don't have any issues with wicking. I just re-wicked it yesterday to change flavors and it is blowing big ole clouds with great flavor. It is a toss up right now between this and my billow v3 plus as to my current favorite.
I have come to realise I think my inhalation preference is too weak compared to others. Which is my only guess. I don't ... inhale hard. (Trying not to say it the other way lol)

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry didn't see the question at first yes I use cotton. I tried rayon not sure if I did it wrong but I didn't like the taste. But that was at least a 2 years ago.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry didn't see the question at first yes I use cotton. I tried rayon not sure if I did it wrong but I didn't like the taste. But that was at least a 2 years ago.
Rayon takes a ML or so of break in, or longer longer if you wick it too tight. The break in can be avoided in some tanks (I did it on my aromamizer today, but couldn't do it on the boreas as it just leaks out the bottom of the deck) by dripping/priming and pulsing on the coils for a fresh wick before assembling the tank.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love it when I forget to close the AFC/JFC ring before refilling and lose a ML or so all over the top of my rx200s. :gaah:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rayon takes a ML or so of break in, or longer longer if you wick it too tight. The break in can be avoided in some tanks (I did it on my aromamizer today, but couldn't do it on the boreas as it just leaks out the bottom of the deck) by dripping/priming and pulsing on the coils for a fresh wick before assembling the tank.
Meh, tried Rayon and don't like it, Koh gen Do still reigns supreme in my book ;)

I've built on, wicked and Vaped on a Supreme, Boreas out classes it ;)

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Meh, tried Rayon and don't like it, Koh gen Do still reigns supreme in my book ;)

I've built on, wicked and Vaped on a Supreme, Boreas out classes it ;)
boreas is definitely a better vape experience, I was just referring to not being able to wet and pulse prime the coils out of the tank on a mod to avoid the rayon taste break in. My aromamizer v1 I have been using (bought 2 of them) will be getting washed and stashed once this tank runs dry.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a must have for $20 to $23.00 you can't go wrong..... It's nice.... It takes a learning curve, but after you master it you will always fill her up and use it...

I have the Modfather and (2) Tank by Scottua, an aromamizer supreme and today I'm using the Boreas......

So this is a lot to say about the Boreas....

It's got good flavor and amazing Clouds......
709d92bbb4371f9a3228793e28a6ce11.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
was she banned. or something ?
she is very much active on eBay and does lurk the forum lol

Sent from a phone
Long story but I'll make it short.....

Roxy designed the Boreas..... Partner stole her design, produced, and sold the Boreas and they stiffed Roxy......

. That's it..... She got fucked.....

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors