The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Discussion in 'General Rebuildable Discussion (RTA/RBA/RDA)' started by VapeRN, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg Bronze Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I see the Gemini on super clearance on several websites, like $5 or $10 ...there is a reason for that!

f1r3b1rd and r055co like this.
  2. fozzy71

fozzy71 Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    yeah, i had better luck with my griffin (got a 25 version I never built also) so it could have just been a wicking issue for me with the gemini since I was new to RTA when I was using that and new to rayon also.

3. Deucesjack

Deucesjack VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Always liked the Boreas, it was a great at tank in its day. However, if you have people telling you to buy it now, you are listening to people that have not tried much gear lately. The Boreas is old hat. There are a bunch of tanks that have come out this year, that smack the Boreas around in the flavor and clouds department. IMO, the only reason to buy a OG Boreas is if you are on a tight budget and you find it for under $10. Otherwise there are much better choices out there. Same goes for that Gemini your looking at.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Whiskey and Pegleg Meg like this.
  4. r055co

r055co VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    The Boreas is still very much a good tank that was only recently knocked off it's throne by the Reload in my case.

fozzy71 likes this.
  5. amateur vaper

amateur vaper Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    If your talking about the kindbright reload then I don't think so I've used neither but if it was between these 2 I'd go with the boreas atleast it has a liquid flow chamber, but at the same time leave the boreas sitting on a tilt with the liquid flow open and it leaks everywhere from what I've read and it's got like an 8ml tank

6. r055co

Blog Posts:
    I used to have the Kindbright Reload, it's alright for the Authentic is much better. So much that I have 4 of them and I also have 5 of the Boreas which the Reload I like better. As for leaking issues with both, I have none. The Reload is easier to build, wick and fill. The Boreas isn't that difficult and when you fill you just need to burp it.

7. fozzy71

Blog Posts:
    My boreas' never leak. I never leave any of my RTA's on their side so I wouldn't know if any are more prone to leak like that or not.

The Cromwell, r055co and Deucesjack like this.
  8. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I wouldnt recommend a Boreas to someone totally new to building, maybe an Ijoy Exo ;) But I will be filling my Boreas once again after I get more wire in the mail. Do wish I hadnt lost the larger wick hole deck

Deucesjack likes this.
  9. amateur vaper

Blog Posts:
    Idk when I buy an RTA I feel like maybe saying fuck it maybe being stupid and buying the Vaporesso and just hope the leaking will be different for me cause I just think it's the flow valve wasn't shut on your guys so it leaked I could be wrong though but I really liked what I saw about it even though it may or may not leak with the valve shut

10. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Phantom Pilot Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I know I'm a weird one, but I have this strange thought that just because something is old, does not mean it's no longer good.
    I still think the kayfun 3.1 and taifun are the best mtl rtas out there- both are still in use.
    Additionally, the tugboat v2, petri: and, some of my mechmods from 4 and 5 years ago have stayed in regular use.
    By that logic, I see no reason that the boreas could not still be considered a good tank. Gear does not magically go from great to not so good; because of age. I can see a person who has used it for a while starting to see it as stale, but, to a person whose not used it before, I would think that it would still feel fresh.

On the leaking, I solved the leaking rta issues by using rdas.
    I have good luck with the troll and petri rtas, for the wife, since she doesn't like to drip. (Pun intended)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  11. r055co

Blog Posts:
    No you're not weird, I still vape on a number of older devices that kick some butt.

Boreas is still a great tank that still puts a number of newer tanks to shame. It was my favorite =<25mm tank until the Reload came around, that's why I have a number of them stockpiled.

Pegleg Meg and f1r3b1rd like this.
  12. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    Any spare Boreas decks(large wick holes?)

You see, a long time ago, I decided to sand the copper 510 pin down to try to get the tank to sit lower on my mod. Of course, I sanded it too much, and couldnt get it to screw back in. So I decided to just try the other deck with smaller wick holes, and it was fine so I just chucked the other one :/ now I mix juice that's 85-95% vg and like higher wattages than back then, so I miss the larger holed deck

13. r055co

Blog Posts:
    Sorry no for that's the deck I use :(

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  14. amateur vaper

Blog Posts:
    did what happened with your leakage occur when you open the top flow air way like in this video?

15. fozzy71

Blog Posts:
    It has been over a year since I used mine but I always close down AFC/JFC when refilling any tank.

Huckleberried likes this.
  16. amateur vaper

Blog Posts:
    yeah your supposed to do that so that it doesn't flood the coil shell and once your done filling it open the valve a little bit so some can go into the channel and travel up the cotton but I've read it could be improper wicking like your not stuffing enough cotton into the juice flow port which somewhat makes sense to me prebuilt coils are stuffed with cotton to make a barrier from the inner cotton wrapped around the coils to make it so it doesnt flood or leak

17. Everpresentnewb

Everpresentnewb Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Just drill the smaller holes a little bit larger. I did that on all the small hole decks on all my Boreas.

Pegleg Meg likes this.