The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Filled my Boreas in the morning yesterday. Vaped it all day. Woke up just now, still have plenty of juice in the tank to get me through my morning coffee.

8ml is the greatest thing ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so, too. I'm getting lazier about my vape maintenence. I want big tanks, dual and tri battery mods.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
And only a year ago you were a single coil, high-ish ohm kind of gal...

I always did have a few dual coil tanks though still not high power. Still use them a bit: Aqua v2, Aga t7, Epoch d1.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I will as soon as Leon okays it. He worries a lot about cloners and spies from other manufacturers.
Is it going to be a high airflow direct lung type, or a more traditional single coil m2l type? Or is all info being guarded right now? I'm just curious, I can wait and be patient for more info if I must.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Is it going to be a high airflow direct lung type, or a more traditional single coil m2l type? Or is all info being guarded right now? I'm just curious, I can wait and be patient for more info if I must.

I intended it to be both by including an insert to reduce the airhole if one wanted. At this point though I don't even know what it is like.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I find it pretty tight at 1/3 of one hole open...I imagine juice flow would be sacrificed...could open 2 or 3 holes and then close the airholes all the way down...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anytime access to deck. This is not your grandfather's kayfun :D

Well that's cool... but having that large a quantity of juice in it just means I'd end up wasting a ton of juice, as the brown crap backwashes off the coil and wick. That's why I had to go to RDAs, to stop wasting so much juice -- my Achilles hold 2.5ml, and that's about the most I can have in contact with the wick, or it just ends up brown and bad -smelling and has to be poured out. The problem is that the Achilles is the only RDA that has a draw I like (really tight) or holds very much (Prometey has the same draw, but no well; that fiber-fill stuff would just gunk up the way wicks do).

Andria

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have some juices like that, but even the worst ones will let me vape at least 3 tanks worth before it starts backwashing. Then I vape it dry, wash and rewick.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I don't know if any juice gunks up coils more than Smurf by vaporgate, and I still use that in RTAs, just have to rewick more frequently than other juices.

I was able to run 30ml of Smurf through the Boreas without having to change wicks, and didn't have issues with old/discolored juice flowing back into the tank due to the nature of its design.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well.. my Achilles holds 2.5ml, as I said. After a dry-burn/re-wick, the very first 2.5ml thru it and you can already see brown streaks on the wick; halfway thru the next 2.5ml, the juice has started darkening to dark golden.... next 2.5ml, and the wick is now fully brown, and if not cleaned, the next 2.5ml will turn fully brown. So, less than 10ml, and it needs dry-burning/re-wicking again. Last time I tried using it in a kayfun, I couldn't get thru the whole 4ml without my husband complaining, said it smelled like "burnt shit." My nose is still coming fully alive, and I now know that it actually smells a bit like burnt plastic, when gunked.

Andria

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well.. my Achilles holds 2.5ml, as I said. After a dry-burn/re-wick, the very first 2.5ml thru it and you can already see brown streaks on the wick; halfway thru the next 2.5ml, the juice has started darkening to dark golden.... next 2.5ml, and the wick is now fully brown, and if not cleaned, the next 2.5ml will turn fully brown. So, less than 10ml, and it needs dry-burning/re-wicking again. Last time I tried using it in a kayfun, I couldn't get thru the whole 4ml without my husband complaining, said it smelled like "burnt shit." My nose is still coming fully alive, and I now know that it actually smells a bit like burnt plastic, when gunked.

Andria
What juice are you using that's so hard on your coils/wicks?

NoAvail

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Build Tutorial (ignore my ugly coils; they've been rwicked more times in a week than I would normally do in months due to testing).

Step1: I cut my tails pretty long. This tank will wick anything you throw at it. I chain vaped this build at 200W with 91vg.

Step 2: due to the bushiness of the rayon I do a cut from beneath to thin my tails a bit. I do this to keep my air open. The tank has wicked whatever I've stuffed into it.

Step 3: I cut another angle off the tails near the posts. I do this on most RTAs. It helps square off the tails.

Step 4: tuck your tails under RDA style. Just lay them on the deck. My pic was snapped before I pushed it off the coil though. I was really sick that night and took the pic too early.

Ok cool so I can just have it touching the deck then correct? I dont like having cotton tails under my coils. I just preordered this! Thank you for your contribution to the community Roxy :) I have a bft and its ok but man they need juice control or somthing. I can jam a ton of wick but the minute its on its side for more than a minute it will leak a little and with my job I have to pocket mods and it happened to me all day (I run a route as a pizza vendor)

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ok cool so I can just have it touching the deck then correct? I dont like having cotton tails under my coils. I just preordered this! Thank you for your contribution to the community Roxy :) I have a bft and its ok but man they need juice control or somthing. I can jam a ton of wick but the minute its on its side for more than a minute it will leak a little and with my job I have to pocket mods and it happened to me all day (I run a route as a pizza vendor)
I can try rewicking it the way you like with shorter tails just touching the deck, and not folded under the coils, and report back.

I don't see why it wouldn't work, but it may be more prone to leaking on its side I'm guessing, we'll see.

NoAvail

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can try rewicking it the way you like with shorter tails just touching the deck, and not folded under the coils, and report back.

I don't see why it wouldn't work, but it may be more prone to leaking on its side I'm guessing, we'll see.

Sounds good! Im pretty excited about this tank. Now the long wait for china to ship starts lol. I hate preorders but I had to have the Boreas. Let me know what happens and I greatly appreciate it beforehand.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What juice are you using that's so hard on your coils/wicks?

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 15.6%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 5.7%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.3%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.9%
TFA Sweetener 2.8%

My ADV for about 15 months now.

Andria

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Try a Sqonker! In a quality product using say a REO plus a RM2 the excess juice flows back down the tube to the bottle. A little may remain in the catch cup but the deck has no excess juice. Obviously, proper wicking and getting comfortable with squeezing the bottle aka a squonk takes a little practice. Even some of the clones cut the mustard from what I hear.

Good luck young lady aka Andria /lol :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Try a Sqonker! In a quality product using say a REO plus a RM2 the excess juice flows back down the tube to the bottle. A little may remain in the catch cup but the deck has no excess juice. Obviously, proper wicking and getting comfortable with squeezing the bottle aka a squonk takes a little practice. Even some of the clones cut the mustard from what I hear.

Good luck young lady aka Andria /lol :)

Actually I have given that some thought... someone told me (might have been roxy, actually!) that since I like a) tight draw and 2) RDAs, I'd enjoy the original Chalice for a BF atty. Now that they're coming out with regulated squonkers, it's definitely something to consider.

Good to see ya, SR boy... :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You would really like a Cyclone, Andria.

@NoAvail I can do a wicking tutorial for the BFT.

Hmm... I just looked it up, but those god damned o-ring'ed caps give me a huge pain -- that's the other thing I love about the Achilles and even the Magma, the threaded caps -- much easier to manage than those motherhumpin o-rings. At some point I'm gonna try out a Magma Reborn clone; it looks like it might cut down considerably on leakage, with the air-holes elevated above the deck.

Andria

NoAvail

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You would really like a Cyclone, Andria.

@NoAvail I can do a wicking tutorial for the BFT.
I have a ton of cotton it there so I don't know what's going on. Never leaks just sitting there. I can fill it and leave it over night and nothing. Only when I fill I get a tiny and when it's in my pocket and is tilted for a few minutes it will have some that poured out a little.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Wait, what, did this thread find a new home?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'll behave and not post in the Alleria thread, too.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Probably I shouldn't post in Raymo's either.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What in the hell are you guys talking about? A designer isnt making money or selling anything and unless she or I become a vendor there isnt a reason why we wouldnt be able to post about anything, including our own designs in threads across the forum....this is VU not ECF.....

Shit I sell coils through PM but Im not censored in the coil threads or build threads...

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The thread may have gotten moved because its Augvapes Original thread....not because you posted in it @roxynoodle, you got nothing to worry about here with being shoved into a corner and gang raped by the mods...;)
I don't know, maybe I'm confused, but I don't see why the thread was moved. Does that mean every thread about a RTA in which a collaborator comments in gets moved to the unlisted vendor area?

IIRC, Augvape already has a vendor thread going in this sub, where actual Augvape employees post.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don't know, maybe I'm confused, but I don't see why the thread was moved. Does that mean every thread about a RTA in which a collaborator comments in gets moved to the unlisted vendor area?

IIRC, Augvape already has a vendor thread going in this sub, where actual Augvape employees post.

Wait Im also confused as I thought this was the Original thread by Whiplash_Leon and now checking the first page Im seeing its a review by @VapeRN ...Why did this thread get moved @Whiskey ?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It is now back to RTA/RBA section:)

VU Sponsors