The Daily Mixing Thread

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by Mykreign, Sep 30, 2017.

1. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I let mine steep for the weekend when I went camping but it was grand after that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I think it was @Teresa P that said Flavorah Sweetness is a good one that doesn’t gunk up your coils. I got it from BCV.

3. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    Yes @ Hicsmixes.com. I’m vaping it now & it’s yummy as a sNv suppose to get creamier tomorrow.

4. fozzy71

fozzy71 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I haven't tried erythritol yet as I have 3+ fl ounces of now glycerite stevia, which is probably a lifetime's worth at the rate I use it (mostly in fruit recipes, which I rarely mix) and only using 0.5% per recipe when I do use it.

5. ScReWbALL

ScReWbALL Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    It’s amazing how complicated some of these intricate and particular recipes that call for 8 or more ingredients can end up tasting pretty good, but then just having a random thought of a juice that only involves two flavors but blows the rest of them away.
    I’m sure this recipe is probably out there in the void, but I just thought of combining these two and it knock my socks off as a shake and vape and bet it would be even better over time:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Teresa P

Teresa P Professional DIY Enabler Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I think he might be talking about Sugar Daddy, which is pretty good stuff. I need to make time to work with that one some more, especially the vanilla version, but work has kept me hoppin' here lately.

7. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Looks good to me. I'll make it next time I mix.

8. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    So Mikes Melons is pretty damn good. I made it a while back with CAP Cantaloupe and it was bland. Subbing a key flavor can ruin the whole thing. I'm glad I got TFA's.

Rhodonite is a little light on flavor for me. I'll let it steep for a while and try again later.

9. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I wish I'd have started diy a long time ago. That melon is just a great vape. I love it. I told Gypsy I'd buy it by the liter if it wasn't so expensive. Now I can make it myself. Woohoo. I did find out though yesterday that my Pina colada sucks. Weak sauce for real. It's a single flavor mix. Tfa Pina colada. I'll work on it

10. jr779

jr779 Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    What’s the steep time on this?

11. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I used that in a strawberry colada. Def need help from some coconut and pineapple. Or just coconut and pineapple. Lol! I picked it up a long time ago and thought I should use it. And now of course I can’t find the recipe.....ugh.

12. nadalama

nadalama VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Had a Kia Soul as a week-long rental a couple of years ago when my Santa Fe was in the shop for a recall repair. The Soul was surprisingly comfortable and fun to drive. Hope you enjoy yours!

I am a Hyundai fan. Have a 2004 Sonata that's still going with 325,000 miles on it, a 2009 Santa Fe that my son is driving now, and a 2016 Sonata that I bought last year. If the 2016 Sonata gives me anywhere near the service I got from the 2004, I will be very happy indeed.

13. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Erithritol is a sugar alcohol, isn't it? I think if I were going to use that, I'd steep it open for at least one day to let the alcohol evaporate.

I think all those -ol sweeteners are alcohols, like sorbitol.

I use Marshmallow as sweetener in almost everything. Occasionally I'll use some Vape Wild sweetener or Cap Super Sweet.

14. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    FW Pina Colada is a good one.

15. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    @HeadInClouds has a free Pina Colada recipe here & it’s great. LMK if u can’t find it.

16. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    I have been sitting on this for some time and finally got around to making it. I found a recipe in the ether and this is a modified version of it.
    View attachment 117188

Made quite a few tweaks to make it more smooth. Have used TFA Vanilla Bourbon and its fine just think INW works better in this and have made it with and without Madagascar vanilla. The extra vanilla really makes it pop and the cream soda/EM together actually gives a mouth feel of fizz. I vaped up 90ml of the 3 versions made and this is my favorite by a long shot. Cool thing is most of you should have all of these ingredients.

It tastes like shit straight out of the gate. It gets good after 3 days and just keeps getting better as days go by. I think when I make m
    I was vaping it S&V. The Shisha is strong that first day. Next day it chills out.

17. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:

I want some sugar daddy.

18. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Goddammit Pinterest.....mixed.....

Cinnamon Churro Cheesecake
    Tart Apple Pie and Ice Cream
    Caramel Espresso Mousse Cake
    Coconut Pecan Pudding Cake

I see all the desserts.....I wanna vape ‘em! I have a list a mile long of desserts I want to convert to vape juice.....

19. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Where’s @Mykreign......wait for it.......

20. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:

21. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    So maybe I used to much Pina colada? Looking at another recipe mango Pina colada, they use 3% pc. I used 7% but that was what the original recipe I followed called for. What do y'all think?[​IMG]

22. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    That could definitely be it. I can imagine 7 %being harsh. I found my recipe.....I used it at 2%.

Hillbilly Pig and Heartsdelight like this.
  23. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Ok .I just mixed this with the 3% and mango. I'll try that. Also going to mix one with cap pc and see the difference in flavor strength. Thanks again

24. jr779

jr779 Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Thank you

Hillbilly Pig and Heartsdelight like this.
  25. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    No prob! I want you to get it right!

26. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Me too.

27. Mykreign

Mykreign Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I don't know what you're talking about
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

28. LeanPipe

LeanPipe Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Can you taste the booze?
    A little bit of rum might help it??

29. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
    What icecream do you use?
    I only have tfa vanilla swirl.
    I am trying to come up with a bombe alaska.
    Icecream in the centre, covered in cake, coated in crunchy and caramelized meringue.
    Still working on the charred (kinda) meringue. Ideas???
    Will def need marshmallow, and I can taste hint of jam in the cake part :shades::shades:

30. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Maybe TFA toasted marshmallow? That might do the trick.

For ice cream, it depends on how rich I want it to be. My standard is Cap VBIC. If I want rich, I go to Hangsen Ice cream or Liquid Barn. Super rich is Hangsen French Vanilla Ice Cream.....that stuff......soooooo rich

31. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Fine....I’ll say it....that’s what she said!

32. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
    Ooh yeah, toasted marshmallow will work, thanks. Need to get it lol
    Hangsen french vanilla ice cream huh? I like the sounds, I will see if anyone has that in Australia, if not, might have to fly some in

33. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Yeah....the richest of them all, IMO. It’s damn good stuff. I just used it in my cookie dough v3 and I think it’s the winner.

34. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I've read really good things about Hangsen French Vanilla Ice Cream before, no idea where, but yeah, I'd try it for sure if I could ever remember to order it. :)

35. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
    Can't find it in Australia. I am gonna have to bite the bullet and get it sent over.
    That means I have to get the cart up to postage limit lol
    We have this new 10% tax on importing goods online
    You guys are so lucky in usa

36. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Totally worth every penny.

37. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Oh no! That’s a bummer! We are really lucky, I know. Especially with BCF and their fabulous turn around time.

38. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
    I use BCF, best ones to send overseas because they show everything in aud, and they took eight days to get here, blew me away actually. Ecig express only let you pay by credit card and not PayPal. Then my bank charged me fifteen dollar conversion fee

39. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
  40. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    That's really cool in two ways, saving the roo and the beer commercial! Proud mama for sure!:shades::cheers:

41. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Nice! BCF rules all over the world! And I’m sure you can get a cart full to make it worth it. ;)

And awesome news about your son!

42. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
    Thanks,
    I am so excited and I am home alone and got nobody to talk excitement with lol

43. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Congrats to your son! Must be very exciting for him as well!

It's amazing that he and his coworker were able to see what was happening and then react quickly enough to save the 'roo.

44. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
    Got nine items 2 X 30 ml
    7X 10 ml
    Shipping. $31.00
    thanks

45. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
    I like how the roo trusts them, let them have a scratch, lays down with them.

46. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I noticed it was very docile, surprisingly so. Poor animal was probably exhausted from a massive adrenaline rush.

47. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
  48. LeanPipe

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, just nice to share.

49. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Could some lead this old horse to Mikes Melons recipe?.....:confetti:

50. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    .[​IMG]