Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
30mls are my testers anymore. For one thing, I got tired of dealing with this very problem. And for another, I hated waiting 2 weeks or more on something I'd fall in love with and only have enough for a tank or maybe two.
I'll be totally honest with you, "complex" recipes are grand, but it's very seldom I take the time and the trouble to make anything that has over 5 or 6 ingredients listed. Granted, there are exceptions (Game Over Custard - YUM!!), but more often than not, I consider it too time consuming in every sense of the word, from dragging out everything I'll need to make it, to waiting 2 or 3 weeks to vape it. And if I drag all that stuff out and wait 3 weeks on a bottle of crap, I'm gonna be mad. I'm a big fan of KISS recipes, they're just as good as the "complex" ones that ramble on and on and on and.....you get the drift. ;)

I absolutely agree.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone remember why I bought VT Arabica Coffee? I'm tellin' ya, I've gotten turned completely upside down working different shifts and altering my entire life for so many things - I just now put away a pile of flavors on my desk that easily got into the thirties or so and can't remember why I even got some of them. That coffee rang a bell in my head for something I wanted to make, but I'll be darned if I remember what it was. :crazy::crazy:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
30mls are my testers anymore. For one thing, I got tired of dealing with this very problem. And for another, I hated waiting 2 weeks or more on something I'd fall in love with and only have enough for a tank or maybe two.
I'll be totally honest with you, "complex" recipes are grand, but it's very seldom I take the time and the trouble to make anything that has over 5 or 6 ingredients listed. Granted, there are exceptions (Game Over Custard - YUM!!), but more often than not, I consider it too time consuming in every sense of the word, from dragging out everything I'll need to make it, to waiting 2 or 3 weeks to vape it. And if I drag all that stuff out and wait 3 weeks on a bottle of crap, I'm gonna be mad. I'm a big fan of KISS recipes, they're just as good as the "complex" ones that ramble on and on and on and.....you get the drift. ;)
All of this. Except the 30ml tester thing. It is a downer to mix 10ml to find out you really love it and have to frantically mix it.....and wait. But I have over 35 test mixes right now, so waiting isn’t a terrible thing. I’m already overwhelmed. Lol!

And KISS recipes rule. Keep it under 6, if you can. If not, oh well.....but I bet you can. :) Whatever floats your boat!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Does anyone remember why I bought VT Arabica Coffee? I'm tellin' ya, I've gotten turned completely upside down working different shifts and altering my entire life for so many things - I just now put away a pile of flavors on my desk that easily got into the thirties or so and can't remember why I even got some of them. That coffee rang a bell in my head for something I wanted to make, but I'll be darned if I remember what it was. :crazy::crazy:
I’ve been toying with chocolate covered espresso beans? Maybe you wanted to jump in on that fun?

And.....it’s STRONG. Like .25-.50 strong. And needs a steep to get rid of the bitterness. But after that, it’s really a very realistic coffee bean. It’s working in v3 as we speak.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah, I think I’m going to make the move and use 30ml bottles for testing anything that’s not just one or two base fruit components that will pretty much be S&V. If it’s just a couple of fruity flavors or in the notes from ELR it’s listed as a S&V I’ll use a 10ml tester, but anything requiring more of a steep or “fancier” ingredients I’ll make in 30’s. I’ve stopped ordering 15ml of concentrate anyway, so, catching a shitty flavor after it’s done isn’t quite as dramatic from using so much of a tiny bottle of concentrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't be bothered with the ten ml bottles either. I start at thirty. If I like it, I make a 250ml batch. If I stuff up, I wack custard premium and Blackberry into the mix, and it makes it taste better at least. But I admire people who have patience and do the small testers, I am just not a patient type of person lol

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Gonna try making this shortly. I called it "The Happy Ending" because of the.. ahem... Joy and creams.

The Happy Ending
  • 3.00% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
  • 1.00% Coconut Extra (TPA)
  • 2.00% Joy (FA)
  • 2.00% Sweet Cream (CAP)
  • 5.00% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)
  • 1.00% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
Flavor total: 14%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/nNG3

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone ever have the issue of too many ingredients in recipes that it’s almost impossible to make a 10ml tester bottle of because the quantities used are so tiny that one drop extra can change completely what the end product would be as a 30ml bottle?
I was looking for a clone of Pound Cake by Glas last night and found one that I had to make the bare amounts of substitutions for and it was still like 9 ingredients
3bbfdc46475d212da0c385240e278d66.png

With that many kids in the pool, over squeezing even one flavor can change dramatically the flavor where if I’d have made a 30ml tester, there’s more room for error? Is this just something we’re stuck with dealing with or is there a workaround for it that I just haven’t stumbled across yet?

That looks like a good one! I made a Glas Pound Cake clone & it was meh.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That looks like a good one! I made a Glas Pound Cake clone & it was meh.

I had even less of what I thought for the original recipe, so, I had to mutate it...you’d think by now I’d realize that Vanilla Buttercream Frosting-VTF needs to be used more sparingly, but that stuff smells so good in the bottle. Gonna let this sit out overnight and try it in the morning and see if it has any potential, but will probably have to rename it with all the substitute for...this is what my version came out looking like:
27a97001f107040c2c9bf9f441f01689.png
0e594d1e54d7fd8c3398c27124b5a78d.jpg

Edit: Now for the rest of the night I get to cut 40 lengths of tape to bundle up three lengths of 26ga N80 each and stretch out this decore 36ga N80 and see if I can’t come somewhere close to the 20 triple-core 26/36 N80 Aliens this amount of prep to make. While marathon watching the last few new episodes of Luke Cage on Netflix!

fa5377380a374a620d2d02ff4d819649.jpg

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had even less of what I thought for the original recipe, so, I had to mutate it...you’d think by now I’d realize that Vanilla Buttercream Frosting-VTF needs to be used more sparingly, but that stuff smells so good in the bottle. Gonna let this sit out overnight and try it in the morning and see if it has any potential, but will probably have to rename it with all the substitute for...this is what my version came out looking like:
27a97001f107040c2c9bf9f441f01689.png
0e594d1e54d7fd8c3398c27124b5a78d.jpg

Edit: Now for the rest of the night I get to cut 40 lengths of tape to bundle up three lengths of 26ga N80 each and stretch out this decore 36ga N80 and see if I can’t come somewhere close to the 20 triple-core 26/36 N80 Aliens this amount of prep to make. While marathon watching the last few new episodes of Luke Cage on Netflix!

fa5377380a374a620d2d02ff4d819649.jpg

Let us know how you like it with your subs.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Likely not too unique, but I got my TFA order in today. First up:

**Pistachio Icecream**

TFA Pistachio 5%
TFA Brown Sugar 0.35%
TFA Acetyl Parazine 0.35%
TFA Bavarian Cream 2.0% (presteeped)
TFA VBIC 2.0% (presteeped)
TFA Meringue 1.5%

Yeah TFA pistachio is definitely up there, also I like the TFA VBIC, usually see the Cap version only. Looks tasty, let us know what ya think.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, have you mixed up the vta carrot cake yet?
I am sure that you are the one that recently said that you did.
I read it was a complete carrot cake with frost or icing. I didn't get that while tasting it. It tastes like a moist cake with some spices. The frosting is really light. It's decent but doesnt taste like the carrot cakes I'm accustomed to. It can probably be turned into something really decent tho.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I read it was a complete carrot cake with frost or icing. I didn't get that while tasting it. It tastes like a moist cake with some spices. The frosting is really light. It's decent but doesnt taste like the carrot cakes I'm accustomed to. It can probably be turned into something really decent tho.
I just got that, too. Haven’t mixed it up yet. Smells pretty nice.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed up 30ml of @Deeks Golden Custard yesterday, sneaked a tank just now & it’s yum, gotta make more! I know I’m suppose to let it steep for 4-5 days (Deeks suggestion) but it’s real good now so....... :D
Oh Lordy, I knew I forgot to mix something! I did his berry custard and forgot the Golden. Drat!

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Might need some la cream cheese. I am trying to get the perfect carrot cake too. I got the VTA carrot, and that does taste like raw grated carrots.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That is one cheesecake I don't have lol. Is it good? I have loranne, but that needs a lot of work. Loranne is more of a ricotta taste.
I have tfa gc cheesecake.
It is definitely good! Totally worth the buy. The TFA is also one of my favorites, but I’m not quite sure it would work if you’re looking for a marscapone.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let us know how you like it with your subs.

I just got off work and decided not to wait any longer to try the juice out since I was dying to try out my new Furyan mod even though my Drop RDA didn’t make it in yet...I just used the guts from my Dead Rabbit RDA, but it had a multicolor cap, so to be a bit more Matchy I used the cap from my Black Goon 1.5.
c1fe3a206a44ac27f5fd67dfc8c76e1c.png
451b1fa87fe16b566fa7c7c8e6ad86f2.png
665cb0a53173dfcb5d9dd7a3499812a5.png

As for the juice, it misses the mark on cloning the Glas Pound Cake, but is still a very good juice, so far. Next one I make I’ll drop the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting-VTF considerably if not altogether and I might change the lemonade flavor to an actual lemon flavor instead, but steeping does wonders with this Summertime Lemonade I used, so, it could be better in a week or two. So, I’m still gonna vape the hell out of it, but a few tweaks can definitely improve things and though it missed that mark of making a clone, there is still the flavor of the clone in there, it’s just covered up a bit that I think can be fixed with another mixing session or two of it.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just got off work and decided not to wait any longer to try the juice out since I was dying to try out my new Furyan mod even though my Drop RDA didn’t make it in yet...I just used the guts from my Dead Rabbit RDA, but it had a multicolor cap, so to be a bit more Matchy I used the cap from my Black Goon 1.5.
c1fe3a206a44ac27f5fd67dfc8c76e1c.png
451b1fa87fe16b566fa7c7c8e6ad86f2.png
665cb0a53173dfcb5d9dd7a3499812a5.png

As for the juice, it misses the mark on cloning the Glas Pound Cake, but is still a very good juice, so far. Next one I make I’ll drop the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting-VTF considerably if not altogether and I might change the lemonade flavor to an actual lemon flavor instead, but steeping does wonders with this Summertime Lemonade I used, so, it could be better in a week or two. So, I’m still gonna vape the hell out of it, but a few tweaks can definitely improve things and though it missed that mark of making a clone, there is still the flavor of the clone in there, it’s just covered up a bit that I think can be fixed with another mixing session or two of it.

Oh that’s great as I don’t have the VTF Vanilla Buttercream Frosting lol!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Yes I tried it the next day & the Shisha Strawberry is strong stuff kinda took over the Cream Brûlée part so I’m letting it steep for a few more days.

It will always overwhelm the creme brulee. The creme brulee just makes it taste like candy. It will not stand out at that percentage.

VU Sponsors