Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My ex husband and current husband get on good. We have get togethers with our son and we all get along. It is the best way to be. I don't particularly like my ex husband's girlfriend lol, but I am civil. My parents, however, divorced after forty years marriage, and cannot be near each other. The bitterness has really affected me, and I have to be so careful around mum. I can't mention my dad.
It's weird how it works out but everyone is happy. That's what matters most in my opinion. Me and him talk about vape related stuff they were friends in middle school on up. So it's comfortable I suppose.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

YooVonny

Member For 4 Years
I tried the cig-a-like, pens, etc, none did much for me and I still craved cigarettes and smoked.
It wasent until a friend made me buy a real mod and gave me a dripper, that I finally found enough satisfaction to put down the cigs for good,,after almost 40yrs. Without a dripper and ry4 type blends, it would have never happened.That was almost 3 years ago and I just finally threw out the few 'emergency' packs of cigs in my freezer,,,lol

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I tried the cig-a-like, pens, etc, none did much for me and I still craved cigarettes and smoked.
It wasent until a friend made me buy a real mod and gave me a dripper, that I finally found enough satisfaction to put down the cigs for good,,after almost 40yrs. Without a dripper and ry4 type blends, it would have never happened.That was almost 3 years ago and I just finally threw out the few 'emergency' packs of cigs in my freezer,,,lol

I still have my cigarette stuffing machine. It's been 3 years since I quit too, and I just can't bring myself to get rid of it. :)

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I really like VT Blueberry Jam. Its very, very good. Kind of weird on its own but goes great with stuff. From my notes on it, seems it would make a good waffle topping. Going to mix this today and see what happens.
Screenshot from 2018-09-29 08-08-44.png

I am thinking the caramel butter to blend the sweetness of the jam a little, and the donkey butter to butter up that waffle a little more. Anyone have any thoughts on the Blueberry Jam or maybe a better idea for this before I mix it?

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
He doesn't like menthol, I will make a few different ones. I have to get rid of most of the tobacco ones I don't use. I have a rough as guts one that even smells like a ciggie, lol, I will give him that too. I don't wish him dead anymore, time healed me, and we get on really well now, we have a son so it is better for him too if we get along.

That "rough as guts" tobacco...is that commercial juice, or diy?

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really like VT Blueberry Jam. Its very, very good. Kind of weird on its own but goes great with stuff. From my notes on it, seems it would make a good waffle topping. Going to mix this today and see what happens.
View attachment 120814

I am thinking the caramel butter to blend the sweetness of the jam a little, and the donkey butter to butter up that waffle a little more. Anyone have any thoughts on the Blueberry Jam or maybe a better idea for this before I mix it?
Sounds good. Does the vta blueberry jam taste jammy?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made some caramel apple 10 days ago. Tasted weird then. Pretty good now. Need some sweetner or something. It's almost a dry caramel flavor. Maybe some juicy apple. Does someone have that? Or make a juicy apple.
363167762897e8501b7c3f7d6b11bb28.jpg

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Weird? My ex-wife is going to remarry. Asked my current wife to be in the wedding. Like wow. It's funny though it took forever to get to that point. But all 5 kids and my wives and her fiance chill at the house all the time. He's a douchebag i think but whatever she wants. Lol. My friends always ask how we do it.(hanging out within fighting). It's for the kids.

Wow that’s pretty amazing!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Would ry4 be the best to mix someone trying to quit cigs, and never vaped before?
My ex husband wants me to get him set up. If he had asked me ten years ago, I would have made a subtle cyanide mix lol, but I am over it now!

I can't imagine going through a divorce, but think it's just so damn surprising and civilized when people can make it through and still treat each other in a decent way. All three of my kids have been through divorces, none of them particularly civilized, but one of them particularly uncivilized and not likely to change. Good on all of you, and the same to @Wtmke1

When I basically forced my sister to switch from smoking to vaping (she was living in my house and I was supporting her), RY4 was what she finally settled down with and is still vaping it to this day, something close to 5 years later. I've done a couple of mixes for her and can share the recipe of the one she finally approved, if that's helpful. It uses TFA RY4 Double, FA Desert Ship, and TFA Brown Sugar. Low %, long steep time if possible, and I think that applies to most tobaccos. I don't have a lot of experience mixing tobacco juices because I never vape them myself.

At any rate, glad you didn't go the cyanide route, cause then we'd never have met ya, eh? :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Changing the subject, has anyone ever tried a flavor called Picarones? It's a Wonder Flavors super concentrate. I think I am going to mix it solo in a tester at about 3%.

Ordered it from BCF because of all the pumpkin and spice conversations around here lately, sounded like it might be a decent standalone flavor for the fall. Looking at comments in ELR, people are mentioning chocolate notes and dry yeasty mouth feel, kinda like pretzels. If that's the case, in goes the cake batter.

Anyway, experiences anyone?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Changing the subject, has anyone ever tried a flavor called Picarones? It's a Wonder Flavors super concentrate. I think I am going to mix it solo in a tester at about 3%.

Ordered it from BCF because of all the pumpkin and spice conversations around here lately, sounded like it might be a decent standalone flavor for the fall. Looking at comments in ELR, people are mentioning chocolate notes and dry yeasty mouth feel, kinda like pretzels. If that's the case, in goes the cake batter.

Anyway, experiences anyone?
Never even heard of it.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've heard a lot vape ry4. Sounds good. Tobacco and caramel. May a vanilla note would work as well instead of caramel.

Back around 1980 I tried to get off cigarettes and switched to a pipe for a minute. I smoked Captain Black tobacco most of the time which had a vanilla note to it. That was some good stuff! :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Back around 1980 I tried to get off cigarettes and switched to a pipe for a minute. I smoked Captain Black tobacco most of the time which had a vanilla note to it. That was some good stuff! :)

My husband bought a pipe and some Captain Black back in the day. God, I think I was still a teenager. We were down at the beach, he'd been smoking his pipe, and set it down in the car ashtray to go into a convenience store. So there I am, puffing away on his Captain Black (mainly because I'd smoke just about anything back then, but I was curious about the pipe) when some old guy came out of the store and saw me. You'd have thought he had seen me sprout a second head. Back then "ladies" just didn't do such things as smoke pipes, that is unless you were a hillbilly granny who was on her own front porch, 'way up in the mountains. I got tickled and then choked, and then more tickled because I choked, and by the time my husband came back to the car, I was a giggling mess.

Good memory, thanks! But you're right, it was some good stuff! :)

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My husband bought a pipe and some Captain Black back in the day. God, I think I was still a teenager. We were down at the beach, he'd been smoking his pipe, and set it down in the car ashtray to go into a convenience store. So there I am, puffing away on his Captain Black (mainly because I'd smoke just about anything back then, but I was curious about the pipe) when some old guy came out of the store and saw me. You'd have thought he had seen me sprout a second head. Back then "ladies" just didn't do such things as smoke pipes, that is unless you were a hillbilly granny who was on her own front porch, 'way up in the mountains. I got tickled and then choked, and then more tickled because I choked, and by the time my husband came back to the car, I was a giggling mess.

Good memory, thanks! But you're right, it was some good stuff! :)

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Made some caramel apple 10 days ago. Tasted weird then. Pretty good now. Need some sweetner or something. It's almost a dry caramel flavor. Maybe some juicy apple. Does someone have that? Or make a juicy apple.
363167762897e8501b7c3f7d6b11bb28.jpg

If you have some pear, that would sweeten and juice your mix up.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't imagine going through a divorce, but think it's just so damn surprising and civilized when people can make it through and still treat each other in a decent way. All three of my kids have been through divorces, none of them particularly civilized, but one of them particularly uncivilized and not likely to change. Good on all of you, and the same to @Wtmke1

When I basically forced my sister to switch from smoking to vaping (she was living in my house and I was supporting her), RY4 was what she finally settled down with and is still vaping it to this day, something close to 5 years later. I've done a couple of mixes for her and can share the recipe of the one she finally approved, if that's helpful. It uses TFA RY4 Double, FA Desert Ship, and TFA Brown Sugar. Low %, long steep time if possible, and I think that applies to most tobaccos. I don't have a lot of experience mixing tobacco juices because I never vape them myself.

At any rate, glad you didn't go the cyanide route, cause then we'd never have met ya, eh? :)
It took several years to get to this point. It was actually the death of a good mutual friend that brought us together, but this time as friends. I think that the hate that I felt was hurt pride over the marriage break up. We get along so much better as friends, and life is less complicated.
I think I will go with the ry4. I am always happy to help anyone that asks me about vaping. I have just started learning to rebuild coils. Last night I rebuilt several kanger ego types and I shocked myself that they worked. That's all my husband uses, so we won't have to buy them anymore.
I have not heard of that wonder flavor.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Did a 'lil bit of mixing today. It was all rainy so I decided to tackle some things I have been putting off.
IMG_20180929_182204.jpg

If this ends up being the final iteration of the Toffee Ice Cream Cake, I will post it.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Butterscotch is made with butter, brown sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract. (or rum/whiskey)

Not sure how that will turn out as an eliquid since you can't really apply heat to it.

You are the man with that flavor combo...I had to sub a bit and added a single drop of FLV-Rich Cinnamon and it hit the perfect mark of what I was looking for...something I can sit back and really enjoy, or as something just to take a few rips off of when I was doing other things. Seems like a recipe that could do well with a steep, but as a simple S&V it works awesome! Many many thanks!

409c162d4051ed93bf7d426008babc70.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are the man with that flavor combo...I had to sub a bit and added a single drop of FLV-Rich Cinnamon and it hit the perfect mark of what I was looking for...something I can sit back and really enjoy, or as something just to take a few rips off of when I was doing other things. Seems like a recipe that could do well with a steep, but as a simple S&V it works awesome! Many many thanks!

409c162d4051ed93bf7d426008babc70.png

Now that you put flavors to it, that does look pretty good!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now that you put flavors to it, that does look pretty good!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What I was afraid would happen happened. The single drop of cinnamon took over and you don’t get much from the other flavors. I think I’m gonna make it again and either remove the cinnamon or heavily dilute it.

Edit: Remade a batch and put two drops of cinnamon in a 5ml tester and topped it off with VG and used the same recipe...still just one or two drops of the heavily diluted Rich Cinnamon and now I’m feeling better about it, but that’s what I said last night and ended up with pretty much a cinnamon flavor, so, we’ll see how this batch does over time.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Was a busy beaver today! Finally got around to mixing my Holiday Flavors. Thanks @CrazyChef v2.0 for reminding me to make my Pumpkin Pie.

90 ML's of Pumpkin Pie
15 ML's White Chocolate Peppermint
15ML's Eggnog
15 Ml's Cranberry Cobbler
30 Ml's Strawberry Banana
27 Ml's Flavorless

Sending 30 of the Pumpkin Pie, 30 of the Strawberry Banana and a 27 ML flavorless in 3MG to my friend Tricia so she can dabble in the DIY. I will get another down the rabbit hole~!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Yes, I love those labels. It is the Australian rules football grand final weekend, a bit like your superbowl. Been inside watching the footy and making coils.

Making silly labels is a lot of the fun, same thing with coming up with stupid names for them. I have a bunch of labels I dont show on here. I would imagine they would get me banned, offend delicate sensibilities or at least moderated. Those are my favorites.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Making silly labels is a lot of the fun

I just use plain paper labels and a sharpie but using clear packaging tape over them makes them water proof. I forget who originally suggested it or said they do it but cheers to who it was because it is a great way to make labels last almost forever. One of these days I might send a few threw the printer for my EDV's you never know.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I just use plain paper labels and a sharpie but using clear packaging tape over them makes them water proof. I forget who originally suggested it or said they do it but cheers to who it was because it is a great way to make labels last almost forever. One of these days I might send a few threw the printer for my EDV's you never know.

I like rituals and making labels is part of that for juice making (at least for me). I spent 30 minutes yesterday looking at cartoon cannoli's until I settled on the cat cannoli. Its not great, it doesn't solve anything but it was in some strange world entertaining and somewhat amusing.

YooVonny

Member For 4 Years
Speaking of pipe smoking just reminded me.. I also always smoked a pipe through the fall/winter and have an ungodly amount of premium pipe tobaccos stashed away. like a couple of those big 20 gallon tupperware type storage containers packed full.
Maybe I can sell them off and invest in flavors...:)

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kind of expensive too. Flavors costed more a while back. I read the old sections here and found a thread that listed prices. I think the stores being competitive helps us.
Look what vaping has done for flavor companies. I bet it wasn't this popular when they were only used for food.
I like rituals and making labels is part of that for juice making (at least for me). I spent 30 minutes yesterday looking at cartoon cannoli's until I settled on the cat cannoli. Its not great, it doesn't solve anything but it was in some strange world entertaining and somewhat amusing.
Well, they are gold! I am slack and use a sharpie on the bottle. Naming juice is a talent in itself. I can never think up a clever name.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all
Just out of curiosity- if I start making my vape juice, how much would a bottle of 4oz, 3 mg “premium” juice cost me?

Costs me 5.25 to make 120ml of Cuttwood Mega melons. It's close to $28 in a shop after nicotine tax and sales tax for a 30ml

Puneet

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From last 6 months, I’m enjoying caramel waffle cappuccino from the sauce labs. I thought of making it myself but I always get one or other deal . Just bought 12 bottles for 89.99 to stack up my reserve. Which means one 120ml bottle costed me around $7.50. Due to this I always postpone my idea of making it myself.

Puneet

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you have recipes for what you like? You find recipes, then you purchase the flavors, pg/vg, and nic. It will save you a lot of money. But then you will be bitten by the mixers bug, and down the rabbit hole you will go lol.

That’s what my problem is. I’ve bought dozens of other juices but none of them could make it to my vape list. I kept going back to caramel waffle cappuccino.
I’ve the recipe of this juice and ordered nic+pg+vg from mfs as they were on sale. But never made it to order complete ingredients as sauce labs announced another sale and I ended up buying another lot of bottles from them.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That’s what my problem is. I’ve bought dozens of other juices but none of them could make it to my vape list. I kept going back to caramel waffle cappuccino.
I’ve the recipe of this juice and ordered nic+pg+vg from mfs as they were on sale. But never made it to order complete ingredients as sauce labs announced another sale and I ended up buying another lot of bottles from them.

If you have the recipe, and the pg/vg and nic, what are you waiting for lol?
You can buy flavors, and make your own at a fraction of the cost. Plus, it is a lot of fun making your own juice.

Puneet

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you have the recipe, and the pg/vg and nic, what are you waiting for lol?
You can buy flavors, and make your own at a fraction of the cost. Plus, it is a lot of fun making your own juice.

That is why I wanted to know average cost of a 3 mg 120 ml bottle as if it costs ~$5.25 and I’m getting the juice for $7.5 then that $2.25 is worth spending as they’re saving me from mess/effort/risk of spoiling it etc.

But yes I’m half way prepared to diy if I don’t get a good deal next time

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is why I wanted to know average cost of a 3 mg 120 ml bottle as if it costs ~$5.25 and I’m getting the juice for $7.5 then that $2.25 is worth spending as they’re saving me from mess/effort/risk of spoiling it etc.

But yes I’m half way prepared to diy if I don’t get a good deal next time

Fair enough lol.

VU Sponsors