Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I asked you about them, because I love shortbread. Glad that the steep is bringing out the flavor. WF has carrot cake and also marscopone now. BCF has it. Waiting for heartsdelight to give it a rating. Haven't found the perfect carrot cake yet!
Me? I didn’t buy WF Carrot Cake, I ordered the ingredients to make @VAPEROXX Egg Nog Cheesecake, was suppose to be delivered today but USPS being :crazy: :wait: :blah: Probably be here Monday, I hope.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Need some help if someone likes toffee stuff. I have been dancing around with this recipe for a minute trying to get the amounts correct. It is pretty good but missing something and I can't place it and my wife cant place it either. If someone has the ingredients it would be cool if you could mix it and see what it is missing. Any guidance appreciated.

Toffee Ice Cream Cake V3.png

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Need some help if someone likes toffee stuff. I have been dancing around with this recipe for a minute trying to get the amounts correct. It is pretty good but missing something and I can't place it and my wife cant place it either. If someone has the ingredients it would be cool if you could mix it and see what it is missing. Any guidance appreciated.

View attachment 121375
I’ll mix it up! Off the bat.....I might suggest sweetener, believe it or not. I might also do FW salted caramel instead of regular caramel. Or maybe some butterscotch. But I will def mix it, as is, to taste what I can taste.

Last edited:

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

View attachment 121375
I don't have two of the flavors, but it sounds good!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I’ll mix it up! Off the bat.....I might suggest sweetener, believe it or not. I might also do FW salted caramel instead of regular caramel. Or maybe some butterscotch. But I will def mix it, as is, to taste what I can taste.

Maybe a salted caramel would fit. I am trying to avoid sweeteners in this one as I have worn out my sweet tooth already. The best way I can explain it is "Flat". I thought about backing off the toffee but decided not to as I like strong toffee and strong ice cream. I have tried it with cheesecakes of several kind and it had a weird aftertaste. I think yellow cake is the ticket, just needs some dialing in and a dash of something to pull it all together.

Thanks for jumping in wildgypsy. Much appreciated.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
What I was afraid would happen happened. The single drop of cinnamon took over and you don’t get much from the other flavors. I think I’m gonna make it again and either remove the cinnamon or heavily dilute it.

Edit: Remade a batch and put two drops of cinnamon in a 5ml tester and topped it off with VG and used the same recipe...still just one or two drops of the heavily diluted Rich Cinnamon and now I’m feeling better about it, but that’s what I said last night and ended up with pretty much a cinnamon flavor, so, we’ll see how this batch does over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya should try with pumpkin spice with the butterscotch, caramel and some custard.. omg.... yes please!
Make a large enough bottle, you too can flavor your coffee in the morning and vape it :p

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Actually, I found vta toffee ice cream a bit weak???
I did a stand alone @ 5%, and I can barely taste the toffee.
Maybe it's my tastebuds, but I would boost that if I was mixing.

That English toffee is sharp and stout. For me, all VTA flavors are strong and sharp. I can pick them out of a mix even in low doses.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 121375

bourbon?
Saline?
AP?
Coconut?

Plenty of add ins to make it all pop ;)

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I think I am on one of those sweet sticky kicks lately too.. must be that time of the year!

Definitely. I have been doing keto so sweets get vaped. However, I went and bought two Blueberry Frosted cake donuts today. I haven't brought myself to eat them yet, but I am strongly considering it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Definitely. I have been doing keto so sweets get vaped. However, I went and bought two Blueberry Frosted cake donuts today. I haven't brought myself to eat them yet, but I am strongly considering it.

I just got back from our local junk food place, and I swear they dumped 2 cups of sugar in my sweet tea.. ugg..
Had to cut it down..

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vaping helps with cravings doesn't it!
I can't eat dairy, but vaping it has been the next best thing.
Just eat one donut, but you will feel regretful, probably.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe a salted caramel would fit. I am trying to avoid sweeteners in this one as I have worn out my sweet tooth already. The best way I can explain it is "Flat". I thought about backing off the toffee but decided not to as I like strong toffee and strong ice cream. I have tried it with cheesecakes of several kind and it had a weird aftertaste. I think yellow cake is the ticket, just needs some dialing in and a dash of something to pull it all together.

I def like the yellow cake part. You could just put in anything FW with the word “butter”.....scotch, rum, pecan.....and I also think Smoky might have something with the AP. A salty, nuttiness might be in order.:D

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have Vape Train's version. I need to play around with it some more. I gotta get on that next time.
I did try VTA carrot cake in their ejuice, it was just ten mls.
I thought it tasted flat.
I still think that the best way to get carrot cake is to mix your own recipe.
VTA sell a very realistic carrot. You need cake, carrot, spice, nuts, cream cheese and frosting

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

In my opinion, you can put fw salted caramel in week old tennis shoe sweat and make it good to vape! :)

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I'm not as experienced as others here but I just got in VT Hard Crack Toffee. If you like strong toffee, then that's your ticket. It's got that almost burnt caramel taste that I believe might wake up your recipe. I haven't had a chance to mix with it yet other than a 10 ml tester at 3% in an 80/20 mix of vg/pg. It's some pretty stout stuff. 3% is just about too strong as a single flavor for me.

VU Sponsors