Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From what I’ve read, it’s not. I think there’s one on ATF by Slashalo(?) that’s supposedly the closest so far. I’ll double check that, but he knew someone who knew someone at Cuttwood. Slasha had made his version and had his friend run it by the Cuttwood guy.....the Cuttwood guy had said...if it’s the ELR one, I’m hanging up. Then he heard Slasha’s version and said, don’t change a thing. So.....who the hell knows. This one looks good, too!

I knew that'd bite me in the ass! :) I meant the first recipe @ScReWbALL posted before having to sub. ;)

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep, and I still concur, WAY too much strawberry for my taste. I imagine the 8.5% used in the SlashaLO recipe would lose some of its "edge" after steeping for a month, but my question is why not mix it lower to begin with and be able to vape it sooner than a month? :huh:

I've never tried cuttwood unicorn milk so I'm not really concerned with a 1:1 clone but if I mixed this I'd replace the sweet strawberry with

FA Strawberry 2.5%
TFA Strawberry Ripe 1%
INW Shisha Strawberry 0.25%

This seems to be my preferred strawberry profile. Then this would be a shake and vape recipe for me.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, and I still concur, WAY too much strawberry for my taste. I imagine the 8.5% used in the SlashaLO recipe would lose some of its "edge" after steeping for a month, but my question is why not mix it lower to begin with and be able to vape it sooner than a month? :huh:
I agree with you. The strawberry fades after a month and there's a lot of creams in their too. I tried it after 2 weeks and it wasn't ready yet. It may work for this recipe because there's only one strawberry when all of the other strawberries and creams or custard use 2-3 strawberries.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found this recipe while browsing a few days ago that appealed to me:

View attachment 121903

After making a couple of minor changes to it, I mixed this:

View attachment 121905

Initial taste-testing says it's gonna be really good. I've got it in the cabinet for a few more days to see how it vapes. It's supposed to be 2% CAP Sugar Cookie - 0.62 g. I don't know what the hell happened in this screenshot. :oops:
1% would be .31g, but let us know what you think of this in the final; I have the LB waffle but haven't even attempted to use it yet and I'm curious. ;)

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
1% would be .31g, but let us know what you think of this in the final; I have the LB waffle but haven't even attempted to use it yet and I'm curious. ;)

I've got it fixed now. I don't have a clue what went wrong with the first image. When I double checked the recipe, it had the 2 percent of the sugar cookie listed. Hell, I'm 65 years old - there's no telling what I messed up. :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got it fixed now. I don't have a clue what went wrong with the first image. When I double checked the recipe, it had the 2 percent of the sugar cookie listed. Hell, I'm 65 years old - there's no telling what I messed up. :)
I went over my notebook a couple days ago and had the wrong VG percentage down for at least 6 of them. Some days I can't be trusted to make Koolaid. :crazy:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I went over my notebook a couple days ago and had the wrong VG percentage down for at least 6 of them. Some days I can't be trusted to make Koolaid. :crazy:

Well, I screwed it up again. I give up. Anyway, it's supposed to be

LB Belgian Waffle 2%
CAP Cereal 27 1%
INW Shisha Strawberry 1%
CAP Sweet Strawberry 2%
CAP Sugar Cookie 2%
TFA Sweetener 1%
TFA Vanilla Custard 1%

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mine is about a month old and the strawberry is still pretty full on.....definitely not as sharp as day one-ish, but still very present. It’s pretty close, from what I remember of UM. Very strawberry forward. Almost too much for me, but I kinda like it.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is about a month old and the strawberry is still pretty full on.....definitely not as sharp as day one-ish, but still very present. It’s pretty close, from what I remember of UM. Very strawberry forward. Almost too much for me, but I kinda like it.
Just goes to show how different peoples tastes are. I found the strawberry to be very discrete after a month and blended in nicely with the sweet creams. I was expecting more strawberry. Having said that, I've made 240 mls since first tasking it a few months ago and find it to be a very addictive flavor.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I screwed it up again. I give up. Anyway, it's supposed to be

LB Belgian Waffle 2%
CAP Cereal 27 1%
INW Shisha Strawberry 1%
CAP Sweet Strawberry 2%
CAP Sugar Cookie 2%
TFA Sweetener 1%
TFA Vanilla Custard 1%
This looks yummy.....on the mixing list!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A psa.....which is not mixing related. I’m on Element Vape right now and they have Cobra coils. They’ve been impossible to find for the past 6-12 months. Just thought I’d put it out there. If anyone knows anyone here that uses a Cobra tank(besides me!)let em know!:D

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahh, I get it now. Caps V2 is like vaping vomit to me.

Same here. While I have (but not sampled) the FA, I get similar sensations from any flavor I've tried with "Graham cracker" in it's name. Rancid butter is among one of my descriptors.

If you have the capacity to store those nasty mixes you now have for 4-6 months; you might be pleasantly surprised how they then vape. It's worked for me for wllmc's fine cherry pie recipe.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Big Red is:

TFA Cinnamon Red Hots 3.5%
LA Cream Cheese Icing 1%
FW Natural Lemonade 1.5%
Cap Super Sweet 0.25%

S&V

ETA: It just dawned on me that I've never vaped this in a sub-ohm tank. I always put it in one of the Kabuki clones and vape it at less than 20W.

For sub-ohm I think I'd start at 2.5% and work up if necessary. That's probably strong enough, though.
@Teresa P

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Holy crap another kid on the block lol???
New flavors from France?
Just when you get comfortable lol
Lol! Not new, just a little more obscure. I have Breakfast and Beignet. But I’ve heard the Caramel is amazing......we’ll see if there’s enough interest.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Working on a Battenburg cake recipe......almond cake, marzipan, apricot jam. It sounds lovely.......because I really need to expand my testers, because 20 aren’t enough. I absolutely have to stop looking at Pinterest. Like now. Like yesterday.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Working on a Battenburg cake recipe......almond cake, marzipan, apricot jam. It sounds lovely.......because I really need to expand my testers, because 20 aren’t enough. I absolutely have to stop looking at Pinterest. Like now. Like yesterday.
Princess cake by wonder flavors tastes like cake with marzipan, but it needs work.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I can't put this big red down lol!
It is the best thing that I have tasted.
But I do love the gum.

I've been vaping it lately, too. You reminded me of it. I'd gotten so stuck on pink bubblegum that I had neglected the big red.

If I had to choose only one flavor for vaping, it would definitely be some kind of cinnamon. I love it.

Happy to hear that you like the big red. :D

Btw @LeanPipe what percentage did you use of CRH? If you went lower than 3.5%, I'll try your percentage next time I mix this. Thanks!

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Same here. While I have (but not sampled) the FA, I get similar sensations from any flavor I've tried with "Graham cracker" in it's name. Rancid butter is among one of my descriptors.

If you have the capacity to store those nasty mixes you now have for 4-6 months; you might be pleasantly surprised how they then vape. It's worked for me for wllmc's fine cherry pie recipe.

I have a similar prejudice against graham cracker. Even small percentages of it, over time, creep up and just take over the whole mix, seems like no matter what I use it in. There are a few recipes I've seen that use between 3 and 5% graham cracker, jeez louise, if I mixed it that strong I'd NEVER be able to vape it. Can't even say what it tastes like to me, but it is something related to butter. Burnt butter, maybe. I have to use it at less than 1% or it's nasty and overwhelming.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I need some suggestions everyone :)

I just won the $25 credit from DIY FLAVOR SHACK and for sure I’m getting DIYFS Holy Vanilla & Birthday Cake (@Teresa P ;)) what else should I get? I remember someone posted they loved one of their premixes but I forgot which one.

Hey, congrats! I really liked their marshmallow, but then, I like sweet. The marshmallow is very sweet, so a little goes a long way. I put it into a needle-nose dripper bottle, and the drops that come out of that are tiny, but even so I never used more than about 2% even in the sweetest mixes I made.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, congrats! I really liked their marshmallow, but then, I like sweet. The marshmallow is very sweet, so a little goes a long way. I put it into a needle-nose dripper bottle, and the drops that come out of that are tiny, but even so I never used more than about 2% even in the sweetest mixes I made.
Thanks for the suggestion :)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I need some suggestions everyone :)

I just won the $25 credit from DIY FLAVOR SHACK and for sure I’m getting DIYFS Holy Vanilla & Birthday Cake (@Teresa P ;)) what else should I get? I remember someone posted they loved one of their premixes but I forgot which one.

I've heard good things about their version of RY4, Holy Holy RY4 or something like that. I don't know if you like RP's RY4 recipe but I was contemplating using that recipe but substituting the TFA RY4 with the DFS version.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I haven’t ventured into RY4 recipes.

My advice is to start slow and small in a larger bottle. A couple of RY4's I have had were so powerful I had to cut the recommended percentage in half. I probably should have figured it out before I mixed being it had Double in the name? Good Luck

Also in my experience some Tobaccos mellow after a longer aging infusion period.

VU Sponsors