Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I'm up to Lemon Tart V1.9. It's as close as it'll get I think. At least with me mixing it. Here it is.

Sugar Butter Cookie OOO 12%
Sugar Cookie CAP 8%
Juicy Lemon CAP 5%
Fruit Circles CSL 2%
Cheesecake Graham Crust TFA 2%
Sugar Daddy 4%

Let me know what you think if you mix it and try it please! Thank you in advance!

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm up to Lemon Tart V1.9. It's as close as it'll get I think. At least with me mixing it. Here it is.

Sugar Butter Cookie OOO 12%
Sugar Cookie CAP 8%
Juicy Lemon CAP 5%
Fruit Circles CSL 2%
Cheesecake Graham Crust TFA 2%
Sugar Daddy 4%

Let me know what you think if you mix it and try it please! Thank you in advance!

Question? I have never had the juice, but are you using the fruit circles to boos the lemon?

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's worth getting. It's good. And as an experienced mixer, that's saying something I don't usually say about commercial eliquid. Most commercial eliquid just isn't very good or creative.

I've had very few good commercial liquids, meaning I only bought a few very regularly. Elysian Labs Nilla Cake, Dat Sugar Cookie Doh by north shore and Glas Basix Cinnamon Sugar Cookie. Those were my 3 go to purchases. Anything else I ever bought I didn't feel was worth buying again.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had very few good commercial liquids, meaning I only bought a few very regularly. Elysian Labs Nilla Cake, Dat Sugar Cookie Doh by north shore and Glas Basix Cinnamon Sugar Cookie. Those were my 3 go to purchases. Anything else I ever bought I didn't feel was worth buying again.
I bought so much Nilla Cake when it was 30% off at my local b&m. Dat sugar cookie doh I would love to replicate because it's like $25 for a 60ml. I gave up on it though. Realized I can make stuff I like to vape without making 80 versions of a sugar cookie to get a decent clone lol.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! I wonder if Cupcake World Butter is the same as FA Butter? 100ml for $20.
You could try finding the MSDS on it and see. If you are just ordering 1 flavor I think it is worth it to just get it on amazon as 100ml from chefs are about $14, with shipping you're looking at $20 at least, but if you are ordering multiples (and don't have an amazon gift card to get rid of), I would go with chef's

BozVapes

Member For 1 Year
Nice looking forward to testing this when its done, i have used dinner ladys lemon tart for some time, it is a sweet flavour on
the back of the hand taste test, do you think this has pastry zest in it.? I know people are working on many versions of this
i defiantly noticed a powdery sugar note to this when i use a new Clapton it some times spits and i can taste the powdery
sugar, personally i dont think the lemon is upfront the pastry is buttery..Just wanted to add my 2$

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nice looking forward to testing this when its done, i have used dinner ladys lemon tart for some time, it is a sweet flavour on
the back of the hand taste test, do you think this has pastry zest in it.? I know people are working on many versions of this
i defiantly noticed a powdery sugar note to this when i use a new Clapton it some times spits and i can taste the powdery
sugar, personally i dont think the lemon is upfront the pastry is buttery..Just wanted to add my 2$
The problem here is, that Dinner Lady had that buttery crust flavor custom made. Replicating it will be...challenging to say the least.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

BozVapes

Member For 1 Year
The problem here is, that Dinner Lady had that buttery crust flavor custom made. Replicating it will be...challenging to say the least.

Yeah i bet its not an easy one to even try to clone, its reminds me of puff pastry very light others might not get that the lemon is hidden
for me possibly because i use it so much..Its going to be very challenging i asked them for the recipe straight up :D..Asked them for
a job as well in exchange for Dinner ladys lemon tart, un-fortunately they just laughed at least they can have a laugh ahahaha..

Off topic i have not tried the orange tart yet..But im steering away from premium ejuice and want to put all my money into more flavours
i think its likely the light buttery puff pastry with the sugary frosting that im loving, the lemon to me is hidden, i never thought it was sweet
until i licked it off the back of my hand..

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah i bet its not an easy one to even try to clone, its reminds me of puff pastry very light others might not get that the lemon is hidden
for me possibly because i use it so much..Its going to be very challenging i asked them for the recipe straight up :D..Asked them for
a job as well in exchange for Dinner ladys lemon tart, un-fortunately they just laughed at least they can have a laugh ahahaha..

Off topic i have not tried the orange tart yet..But im steering away from premium ejuice and want to put all my money into more flavours
i think its likely the light buttery puff pastry with the sugary frosting that im loving, the lemon to me is hidden, i never thought it was sweet
until i licked it off the back of my hand..
I'm tirelessly working on it lol. So is @wildgypsy70!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lmao someone posted this on ELR
86a63d507ec39cb4b45b39ba0f67f233.jpg

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone have a good Honey Bun Recipe...I can find some on ELR, but it’s hit and miss whether those recipes are good or not and was curious if anyone knows a tried and true Honey Bun Recipe?

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Does anyone have a good Honey Bun Recipe...I can find some on ELR, but it’s hit and miss whether those recipes are good or not and was curious if anyone knows a tried and true Honey Bun Recipe?

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

Pardon me for asking, perhaps someone with a more refined palate can answer me. What are the differences you observe between the flavor of a honey bun and the flavor of a doughnut? They taste very nearly the same to me, and I can't really put my finger on what it is that is subtly different about them. Could almost say that the only difference to me would be the actual honey flavor, unless honey buns also have cinnamon as a common flavoring.

Nutmeg is a vital ingredient in doughnuts. Do honey buns have nutmeg?

Since I have read that TFA Honey is crap, don't think I can even experiment on this one to answer myself! TFA is the only honey I have, and it's never been opened.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pardon me for asking, perhaps someone with a more refined palate can answer me. What are the differences you observe between the flavor of a honey bun and the flavor of a doughnut? They taste very nearly the same to me, and I can't really put my finger on what it is that is subtly different about them. Could almost say that the only difference to me would be the actual honey flavor, unless honey buns also have cinnamon as a common flavoring.

Nutmeg is a vital ingredient in doughnuts. Do honey buns have nutmeg?

Since I have read that TFA Honey is crap, don't think I can even experiment on this one to answer myself! TFA is the only honey I have, and it's never been opened.
I have FA Honey that Hic had suggested making a 10% dilution as it’s potent stuff so really little is needed.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pardon me for asking, perhaps someone with a more refined palate can answer me. What are the differences you observe between the flavor of a honey bun and the flavor of a doughnut? They taste very nearly the same to me, and I can't really put my finger on what it is that is subtly different about them. Could almost say that the only difference to me would be the actual honey flavor.

This is a great question! So to my taste, there is a difference starts in the dough. So where many doughnuts are dense and full, a honey bun is light an sweet. Chewy. Not fried like a doughnut is fried. The glaze is also sweet sticky and moist where a donut is much more frosted. I think a lot of it is in texture for me more than taste.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This is a great question! So to my taste, there is a difference starts in the dough. So where many doughnuts are dense and full, a honey bun is light an sweet. Chewy. Not fried like a doughnut is fried. The glaze is also sweet sticky and moist where a donut is much more frosted. I think a lot of it is in texture for me more than taste.

Ok, so I just went to a cooking site and read instructions on how to make homemade honey buns. I think I have never had a real honey bun, perhaps did not even realize that the ones we've been eating all our lives are not the real thing!

https://www.seasonsandsuppers.ca/honey-buns/

Seems like it would be complex to re-create in juice. Maybe this is a good collaborative effort for the Mixing Challenge, @wildgypsy70 !!!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What are the differences you observe between the flavor of a honey bun and the flavor of a doughnut?

Maybe it's just me, but I find a difference in Honey Buns right out of the box and the (preferable to me) ones microwaved for 11 or so seconds. Certainly in texture. :)

EDIT I should have mentioned that when I hear "Honey Buns" I think of Little Debbie
412kuV23KBL.jpg

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, so I just went to a cooking site and read instructions on how to make homemade honey buns. I think I have never had a real honey bun, perhaps did not even realize that the ones we've been eating all our lives are not the real thing!

Seems like it would be complex to re-create in juice. Maybe this is a good collaborative effort for the Mixing Challenge, @wildgypsy70 !!!
Orrrrrrrrr......a collaborative effort now!

I’m thinking FLV Sweet dough might be a good start. Some FA butter, FA honey. Maybe WF glazed donut. TFA brown sugar. FLV milk and honey? I’ve never had a homemade honey bun before. Just the ones in the plastic packages. Imma gonna go whip something up......

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Yeah....all the Honey bun type recipes have CDS or some variation. This recipe has no spices in it. Interesting. I’m gonna mix what I have and see how it goes. If it’s good, I’ll post. If not, I’ll work on it some more.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah....all the Honey bun type recipes have CDS or some variation. This recipe has no spices in it. Interesting. I’m gonna mix what I have and see how it goes. If it’s good, I’ll post. If not, I’ll work on it some more.
So I think a good starting point would be some CAP Glazed Doughnut and some FLV Milk and Honey. Cap Glazed Doughnut has that really moist sticky feel to it.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I think a good starting point would be some CAP Glazed Doughnut and some FLV Milk and Honey. Cap Glazed Doughnut has that really moist sticky feel to it.
I feel like the hardest part to nail will be the super sweet but light glazed icing. It doesn't necessarily have a flavor to it other than just sweet. It isn't really vanilla. I think the sugar daddy sweetener will be of some use here. So here is where I am going to start. I won't be able to mix this until tomorrow night so if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

CAP Glazed Doughnut - 3.5%
FLV Milk and Honey - 1%
Sugar Daddy - 1%
WF Fluffy White Cake 1%
FA Marshmallow 1%

VU Sponsors