Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just made a small order at BCF. The coupon code is working! I would have bought more of the new flavors but I still have flavors from two orders ago to try.

Cotton Candy-FLV
(Size: 10ml)

Fruit Circles-CSL
(Size: 30ml)

These two flavors are excellent. The FLV cotton candy is legitimately perfect. I am trying to get into some candy and fruity stuff lately and I made a simple cotton candy recipe that I can't stop vaping!

RF - Blue Raz - 2.5%
FLV Cotton Candy - 1.5%
PUR Cotton Candy - 2.5%
Pur Super Sweet - .5%

It taste exactly like a cotton candy dum dum.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the quantity of pg/vg seems easy enough to weigh from a bottle.
But with each individual flavoring and nic, it seems need to control the weight by less than drops from a bottle. Like a syringe or pipette...no?
I'm just starting so for now I just want something simple that works. And maybe investigate bottles after I have some experience.
I bought a couple of 120ml bottles with the yorker caps on them for pg and vg. works like a charm. you just fill those up and then drip right into the bottle you are mixing in. I also use 30ml glass bottles for my nic. I take 30ml out of the bigger bottle and use that rather than taking the big bottle in and out of the freezer ever time. I haven't had any nic go bad on me yet. I only use vaperstek at this point.

To comment on the weight, the weight of a pg flavor is like 1.04/ml. We just use 1 to simplify. it really doesn't make a difference in the final mix and because you are calculating every single flavor you use that way (unless it is suspended in vg), then the ratio remains the same. Don't overthink it. The simplest thing FOR ME is to drip flavors directly from the bottles they come in directly into my mix. With syringes you have to pop the tops off of every flavor in order to get the syringes in there. I found it too much hassle, but maybe you will like it. Just my opinion.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A couple of the others is
Butter Cream . But can I get an opinion on Fw or Cap?
Caramel - FA . There's a few. I know everything depends on something, but is this one good?
And a I have a couple others that I've decided on.

Who for nic? Nic River? LNW? Does it matter what the base is?
To tell you the truth, I haven't done much with either of those butter creams.

I tried FA Caramel as a single flavor. It seemed really weak and didn't taste like caramel to me. People told me add FA Butterscotch. I'm not a fan of flavors that can't get the job done by themselves. But the way I see FA Caramel used isn't as a main caramel flavor. Most of the time it's used as an enhancer unless I'm wrong. There's better caramel flavors out there that actually taste like caramel.

For Nicotine I've had very good luck with Vaperstek. Their "premium" stuff is from a brand called Chemnovatic. NicRiver also sells this brand now. I always get it in PG base. It blends throught the mix more easily than VG nic.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Butter Cream . But can I get an opinion on Fw or Cap?
Caramel - FA . There's a few. I know everything depends on something, but is this one good?
And a I have a couple others that I've decided on.

I have & really like the CAP Butter Cream. I have not tried FW's.
I agree that FA Caramel needs help with the butterscotch, but I still use it in some recipes. I like TFA Caramel Candy, TFA Caramel, CAP Caramel HS Caramel Toffee & FW Salted Caramel too. For me, each has it's place.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't met a caramel flavor I really liked so far. . I tried FA, hangsen, and bakers flavors (Russian). I was going to try capellas eventually.
I won't try flavorwest because they have been deceitful in the past. Sugar syrup and extra goodies in the flavors. I don't care if they have a touch of diketones but I don't care to vape real sugars. I think my flavorwest consists of one flavor now. Cinnamon bun. I'm probably going to phase that one out as well.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't met a caramel flavor I really liked so far. . I tried FA, hangsen, and bakers flavors (Russian). I was going to try capellas eventually.
I won't try flavorwest because they have been deceitful in the past. Sugar syrup and extra goodies in the flavors. I don't care if they have a touch of diketones but I don't care to vape real sugars. I think my flavorwest consists of one flavor now. Cinnamon bun. I'm probably going to phase that one out as well.
I like FA caramel at like 1.25% combined with CAP caramel at like 1.5 - 2% makes a really nice gooey caramel with the good burnt notes.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never get v2 of anything so I can't say which is better. I'm not too worried about any of that daap or whatever. I stay healthy in other areas of my life, I'll keep one area of enjoyment haha.
I'm not to worried about diketones since they are present in cigs at a higher concentration. This is a statement by Seigel. Original link: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...iacetyl.html&usg=AOvVaw2v38NqWIbvIpYfq_eM4dEF
How much diacetyl is in a cigarette?
Looking at the numbers, Siegel found “daily exposure to diacetyl from smoking is therefore 750 times higher, on average than exposure to diacetyl from vaping.” Vapers are, on average, exposed to a daily dose of nine micrograms of diacetyl, compared with 6,718 micrograms for smokers.

I'm only worried about alcohol content of flavorings. I do have to worry a bit on the glycols since they are metabolized in the liver.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
To tell you the truth, I haven't done much with either of those butter creams.

I tried FA Caramel as a single flavor. It seemed really weak and didn't taste like caramel to me. People told me add FA Butterscotch. I'm not a fan of flavors that can't get the job done by themselves. But the way I see FA Caramel used isn't as a main caramel flavor. Most of the time it's used as an enhancer unless I'm wrong. There's better caramel flavors out there that actually taste like caramel.

For Nicotine I've had very good luck with Vaperstek. Their "premium" stuff is from a brand called Chemnovatic. NicRiver also sells this brand now. I always get it in PG base. It blends throught the mix more easily than VG nic.
Thinking BCF Easter deal ended last night, I placed the order to save the 10 bucks and FA Caramel was the one in the cart. I did get it as an enhancer, and thanks for the added info for future caramel and butterscotch reference. There's a commercial juice that I like that I can tell uses a btrsctch enhancer and I'll probably try that down the road.
VG based Chemnovatic from one of those 2 vendors is it then :)
I have & really like the CAP Butter Cream. I have not tried FW's.
I agree that FA Caramel needs help with the butterscotch, but I still use it in some recipes. I like TFA Caramel Candy, TFA Caramel, CAP Caramel HS Caramel Toffee & FW Salted Caramel too. For me, each has it's place.
CAP Butter Cream is the one I got. Time to make notes about caramel :wave:

How the heck am I going to know how much flavor to use in an experiment/tester?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thinking BCF Easter deal ended last night, I placed the order to save the 10 bucks and FA Caramel was the one in the cart. I did get it as an enhancer, and thanks for the added info for future caramel and butterscotch reference. There's a commercial juice that I like that I can tell uses a btrsctch enhancer and I'll probably try that down the road.
VG based Chemnovatic from one of those 2 vendors is it then :)

CAP Butter Cream is the one I got. Time to make notes about caramel :wave:

How the heck am I going to know how much flavor to use in an experiment/tester?
In eliquidrecipes.com there are mixing averages for single flavor tests or you can google. I think reddit also has guidelines.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I use a syringe for nic. For nic a lot of people buy from Nicotine River. I got mine at Vaperstek. I would look for a recipe like you did & then buy flavors for your recipe. FA Caramel is a good one. I have the Caps Butter Cream. But what will you do with them?
:blowkiss:

This one? https://www.vaperstek.org/120-ml/
I have a couple diff size syringes.
I'm at 6mg and probably vape more than most, idk, one day I will record how much juice I go through. So I need to figure out if I need to freezer some of it. I think I do. Which means I need a smaller 30ml? amber bottle to work from [won't need to be froze].
Sound like a plan?

What to do with Butter Cream and Caramel? elehpino :teehee: haha... A juice I like is Open Road. While my brief search didn't find a clone, there probably IS one, but I could buy those flavors and mix it up and not really like it. So I'll go for something along those Open Road notes with some from the Mama J's flavors and others I ordered, to see if I can come up with my own recipe of something I like.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I bought a couple of 120ml bottles with the yorker caps on them for pg and vg. works like a charm. you just fill those up and then drip right into the bottle you are mixing in. I also use 30ml glass bottles for my nic. I take 30ml out of the bigger bottle and use that rather than taking the big bottle in and out of the freezer ever time. I haven't had any nic go bad on me yet. I only use vaperstek at this point.

To comment on the weight, the weight of a pg flavor is like 1.04/ml. We just use 1 to simplify. it really doesn't make a difference in the final mix and because you are calculating every single flavor you use that way (unless it is suspended in vg), then the ratio remains the same. Don't overthink it. The simplest thing FOR ME is to drip flavors directly from the bottles they come in directly into my mix. With syringes you have to pop the tops off of every flavor in order to get the syringes in there. I found it too much hassle, but maybe you will like it. Just my opinion.
I'm going to need a few bottles.
From BCF I got a gal of their VG and 480ml size PG because my midnight math said that worked for 20-30% PG.
I'm going to need bottles to transfer PG/VG.
Anyone use any food grade bottles of the Walmart variety?
PG based is much easier to mix;)
That's what I meant :oops:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update:
69b19187c564ad909128c126633eb681.jpg

After almost a week the grape has pretty much gone “All your base are belong to us”...which isn’t necessarily bad, but it would’ve beeen cool if the other ingredients fought back a little.
228fe67ba7c38a86ca817986fdc2ac60.jpg

After about a week, running this at anything below 80w and it’s practically tasteless and even when going higher wattage or on a mech, you get hints of flavor more than the flavor itself.
0784bfb6abd07583f9acaa9cc24e1690.jpg

After 2 weeks, everyone has chilled out together long enough to coincide in peace and even though Belgium Waffle is an ingredient you can distinctly pick out, it still works well with the rest of the kids in the pool.

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Update:
69b19187c564ad909128c126633eb681.jpg

After almost a week the grape has pretty much gone “All your base are belong to us”...which isn’t necessarily bad, but it would’ve beeen cool if the other ingredients fought back a little.
228fe67ba7c38a86ca817986fdc2ac60.jpg

After about a week, running this at anything below 80w and it’s practically tasteless and even when going higher wattage or on a mech, you get hints of flavor more than the flavor itself.
0784bfb6abd07583f9acaa9cc24e1690.jpg

After 2 weeks, everyone has chilled out together long enough to coincide in peace and even though Belgium Waffle is an ingredient you can distinctly pick out, it still works well with the rest of the kids in the pool.

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!
i'd bump up both of those strawberries

edit: sweet and sour purple drink is weird to me and not very friendly. I'd use tfa grape candy instead. FLV grape and INW grape are two other good ones.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:blowkiss:

This one? https://www.vaperstek.org/120-ml/
I have a couple diff size syringes.
I'm at 6mg and probably vape more than most, idk, one day I will record how much juice I go through. So I need to figure out if I need to freezer some of it. I think I do. Which means I need a smaller 30ml? amber bottle to work from [won't need to be froze].
Sound like a plan?

What to do with Butter Cream and Caramel? elehpino :teehee: haha... A juice I like is Open Road. While my brief search didn't find a clone, there probably IS one, but I could buy those flavors and mix it up and not really like it. So I'll go for something along those Open Road notes with some from the Mama J's flavors and others I ordered, to see if I can come up with my own recipe of something I like.
I use the throat hit nicotine at the time it was cheaper & I bought the largest one. It doesn’t give me throat hit so it’s fine. I store in the freezer & I keep a glass Reagent bottle I bought at Nicotine River & store in the fridge & use. I use the vg based nicotine. Open Road is a good one. Have fun mixing!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For any country clouds cornbread pudding lovers, this recipe has a few comments saying it's spot on. Reading his description shows a lot of work he put into this one.

Unfortunately I don't have the OOO cornbread.

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/132361

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for sharing! I have the ooo Cornbread but I have FA Maple Syrup not TFA. Think I’ll make it with the FA.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got mine at Walmart. I got a three pack of clear condiment bottles, and a red & yellow set. They work super for VG and PG.
I use FLV Vanilla pudding in mine. I've never had the OG, but the one I make is absolutely delicious and I do not like TFA Vanilla Custard at all.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know what that's got to do with condiment bottles, but alright.. Lol just kiddin around.
Copied the wrong thread. HAHA. I meant to grab this one

For any country clouds cornbread pudding lovers, this recipe has a few comments saying it's spot on. Reading his description shows a lot of work he put into this one.

and then say what I said.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't get that flavor. It doesn't even taste like cornbread. It's creamy and I can taste banana. Maybe I got the wrong stuff? I dunno.. The bottle I got is way off from cornbread.

Thanks for posting that recipe though. I can make it tommorow. I haven't had the original.
and my bottle of OOO cornbread taste pretty spot on cornbread. Maybe you just taste something different.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I also hate to the bearer of bad news, but I have the OOO Cornbread & it is NOT cornbread-tasting. It doesn't really taste like anything to me. The only thing I have found that works is FA Corn.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/cornbread-custard.467238/

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
@Vape Fan Vaperstek is having a sale on nic if you haven’t ordered yet. “EASTERNIC2019” 10% off.
Thanks for thinking of me :) A quick look didn't produce a code yesterday when I ordered the $10 size.
Found a $23 shipped deal on that LB -501 scale and ordered that just now.
Just bottles from wallyworld left to go. $110 total which includes 14 flavors, a gal VG and everything else.
But I'm only in it for $50 thanks to @wllmc for the BCF code and for sponsoring the DIY Challenge :bliss:

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
laggy double post. I even left the thread came back and waited...

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm taste testing the WW waffle one shot by Molinberry. This is what it claims to be:
One Shot WW Waffle 15 ml. Top notch double waffle, covered with glamour chocolate with roasted hazelnut filing
Sadly, I'm only tasting the glamour chocolate. I was hoping to taste waffle and the hazelnut. I'm vaping MTL with a 0.7ohm coil. I'm going to shelf it and hopefully return to taste test next month. For a chocolate flavor its not bad. However, it is something I cannot vape more than a tank before getting bored with it.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for thinking of me :) A quick look didn't produce a code yesterday when I ordered the $10 size.
Found a $23 shipped deal on that LB -501 scale and ordered that just now.
Just bottles from wallyworld left to go. $110 total which includes 14 flavors, a gal VG and everything else.
But I'm only in it for $50 thanks to @wllmc for the BCF code and for sponsoring the DIY Challenge :bliss:
Winner winner!

The code is good for purchases over $20.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm taste testing the WW waffle one shot by Molinberry. This is what it claims to be:
One Shot WW Waffle 15 ml. Top notch double waffle, covered with glamour chocolate with roasted hazelnut filing
Sadly, I'm only tasting the glamour chocolate. I was hoping to taste waffle and the hazelnut. I'm vaping MTL with a 0.7ohm coil. I'm going to shelf it and hopefully return to taste test next month. For a chocolate flavor its not bad. However, it is something I cannot vape more than a tank before getting bored with it.
I ordered that too when BCF ran out of FLV Apple Filling. I hope it improves. I also ordered the Glamour Chocolate as I remember it was one of the recommended chocolates.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm taste testing TFA French Vanilla Deluxe and holy hell is this some good stuff. I mixed it up three days ago at 4%.

It's a bright almost creamy vanilla flavor. It has some of that vanilla spiciness going on but it's in check. Like Holy Vanilla, that one has a lot more of that spicy punch. It gets unpleasant for me in higher concentrations. FVD is easily on of the better tasting vanillas I've tried so far. Now I gotta see how it plays with freinds.

I haven't had that Nilla Cake you guys were trying to make. But did anyone try this flavor while making attempts? I think it would make an awesome vanilla cake mix.

Bullcity must have taken a suggestion from someone becuase I see they have it now. If you like vanilla flavors, get some next time. Shits delicious.

VU Sponsors