Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
and my bottle of OOO cornbread taste pretty spot on cornbread. Maybe you just taste something different.
Yeah it's funny how our palates perceive flavors. I get creamy banana from it though lol. Some people can't enjoy TFA vanilla flavors and it's a shame. I can taste most strawberries too where some cant. I did get a whopping playdoe serving with Caps funnel cake one time, YUK. Some people like it and must taste funnel cake.

I do have a blindness to some flavors. I cant taste CAP or PUR Raspberry, or Capella's watermelon flavors (Sweet & Double). There's more too that are just sweet airy nothing when I tried them.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for thinking of me :) A quick look didn't produce a code yesterday when I ordered the $10 size.
Found a $23 shipped deal on that LB -501 scale and ordered that just now.
Just bottles from wallyworld left to go. $110 total which includes 14 flavors, a gal VG and everything else.
But I'm only in it for $50 thanks to @wllmc for the BCF code and for sponsoring the DIY Challenge :bliss:
whered you get that lb-501? I need to get one of those. My scale only does 20g in .001 increments right now so I tare it after getting halfway through my vg on a 30ml bottle.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah it's funny how our palates perceive flavors. I get creamy banana from it though lol. Some people can't enjoy TFA vanilla flavors and it's a shame. I can taste most strawberries too where some cant. I did get a whopping playdoe serving with Caps funnel cake one time, YUK. Some people like it and must taste funnel cake.

I do have a blindness to some flavors. I cant taste CAP or PUR Raspberry, or Capella's watermelon flavors (Sweet & Double). There's more too that are just sweet airy nothing when I tried them.
Yah, thankfully I don't really have anything like that, or at least haven't found anything yet. I do not get pepper from any vanillas or anything like that. I really like TFA VBIC. I'll get that TFA Vanilla deluxe next time.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
whered you get that lb-501? I need to get one of those. My scale only does 20g in .001 increments right now so I tare it after getting halfway through my vg on a 30ml bottle.

Amazon as the seller/fullfiller. I got a new open box one they had. Looks like they just had 1.
I shopped around and couldn't find a better than amazon has.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm taste testing TFA French Vanilla Deluxe and holy hell is this some good stuff. I mixed it up three days ago at 4%.

It's a bright almost creamy vanilla flavor. It has some of that vanilla spiciness going on but it's in check. Like Holy Vanilla, that one has a lot more of that spicy punch. It gets unpleasant for me in higher concentrations. FVD is easily on of the better tasting vanillas I've tried so far. Now I gotta see how it plays with freinds.

I haven't had that Nilla Cake you guys were trying to make. But did anyone try this flavor while making attempts? I think it would make an awesome vanilla cake mix.

Bullcity must have taken a suggestion from someone becuase I see they have it now. If you like vanilla flavors, get some next time. Shits delicious.

TFA French Vanilla Deluxe is one of my faves. BCF didn't have it when I ordered recently; they had French Vanilla Creme instead, noted as a reformulated FVD. I ordered that but haven't tried it yet. Did find the OG FVD at ecigexpress so ordered more. Good to know that BCF has the OG again.

The V1.2 of @CrazyChef v2.0 's Nilla Cake recipe that I grabbed and saved (and adapted) on ELR does use FVD, but only at 1.7%. It uses a lot of other vanillas, too. Heaviest use is TFA Vanilla Cupcake and Vanillin.

ETA: @Just Frank I just looked back at my notes on the Nilla Cake recipe - the TFA FVD was a sub I made for Cap French Vanilla in the original recipe. My bad, sorry.

Last edited:

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA French Vanilla Deluxe is one of my faves. BCF didn't have it when I ordered recently; they had French Vanilla Creme instead, noted as a reformulated FVD. I ordered that but haven't tried it yet. Did find the OG FVD at ecigexpress so ordered more. Good to know that BCF has the OG again.

The V1.2 of @CrazyChef v2.0 's Nilla Cake recipe that I grabbed and saved (and adapted) on ELR does use FVD, but only at 1.7%. It uses a lot of other vanillas, too. Heaviest use is TFA Vanilla Cupcake and Vanillin.
I vaped nilla cake recently and am 100,000,000% positive it has CAP VCV1 and CAP Vanilla cupcake in it. In fact 6% vcv1 and 5% vanilla cupcake taste more like Nilla cake than any other combo i've tried so far.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I vaped nilla cake recently and am 100,000,000% positive it has CAP VCV1 and CAP Vanilla cupcake in it. In fact 6% vcv1 and 5% vanilla cupcake taste more like Nilla cake than any other combo i've tried so far.

I am to a point that I just have to steer clear of VCV1. I will spare you the graphic detail and just say that I've picked up on "that taste," and just can't deal.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I kept over complicating the hell out of it and adding all this stuff, then I realized, it is a commercial juice. Maybe it is simple? Then I bought some. It is simple, but delicious. I think I did this as the final

CAP VCV1 - 6%
CAP Vanilla cupcake - 5%
DIYFS holy vanilla - 1%
FW Yellow Cake - 1.5%
super sweet - 0.25%

it taste pretty much like the original after a 2 week steep. (you could go less, but I can't do vcv1 without a long steep)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Wouldn't V2 have the butyric taste? I cant do V1 that much because it's so damn cloying. The richness is too much and I can't vape on it all day long. I did a big custard tasting SFT with a bunch of them. TFA suits me a lot better.

Just reading quickly through some comments on Google, it would seem that you are right that V2 more often has that awful flavor. I get it from V1, though.

It isn't just custards in general for me, because I can use FA, but it's so much lighter, it is completely different. Have not even tried TFA.

Don't get that horrible flavor from Bavarian Creams or other vanillas, just Cap VCV1 so far.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wouldn't V2 have the butyric taste? I cant do V1 that much because it's so damn cloying. The richness is too much and I can't vape on it all day long. I did a big custard tasting SFT with a bunch of them. TFA suits me a lot better.
That is true. It is super rich. It isn't great. I prefer custard premium all day long. I do not like TFA Custard. It isn't peppery or anything I just don't like the taste at all. I just got FA Custard in and want to make a strawberry custard I just haven't had time to really mix much. Just made some recipes to put in the steep/for sale box for the people that buy juice from me. I already have more juice than I can vape in the next 2 months, but hopefully I will have some time this weekend. I'm really thinking of taking the day off/calling in sick Friday and taking the day to chill out and mix. I am house sitting for my parents and watching their cat for Thurs-Mon so it's a perfect opportunity haha. Wake up feed the darn cat and go home and mix for the rest of the day and come up with some gems. I have like all those wonder flavors and about 25 other flavors I need to test, never mind start mixing with.

DIY Flavor Shack Inc.

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Koi isn't bad. I don't know that it actually does anything though. If you really wanted to try it in vape form I'd buy the isolate and just dissolve it in PG yourself. I don't really know much about it though.
The Gummies that are 6 for $23.00 are 50mg each. 300mg for the pk. Most gummies are 10mg so its a really good deal.
The CBD eliquid is also amazing. I love the watermelon!! :inlove:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
4E077532-CD07-49C3-A5E4-063E12D1E076.png
I kept over complicating the hell out of it and adding all this stuff, then I realized, it is a commercial juice. Maybe it is simple? Then I bought some. It is simple, but delicious. I think I did this as the final

CAP VCV1 - 6%
CAP Vanilla cupcake - 5%
DIYFS holy vanilla - 1%
FW Yellow Cake - 1.5%
super sweet - 0.25%

it taste pretty much like the original after a 2 week steep. (you could go less, but I can't do vcv1 without a long steep)
I screen shot what you posted. Do you like it with CAP VC1 @6 or 7%?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It IS that good. I go straight through FA to get it because it's so good.
Yeah, it's a really awesome butter flavor. @wildgypsy70 was kind enough to hook me up with some. I've tried TFA and it's butter but different. I see people using Capella Golden Butter and Vape Train has a Butter Base. But I haven't tried those. It's like this, TFA is good, but donkey butter is heavenly buttery goodness.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is where I got mine, but in true form amazon likes to monkey with pricing. Maybe keep an eye on it? Also sometimes prices fluctuate depending whether you view on a pc or a phone. Was $24.95 when I got mine a week or two ago. Just don't confuse the lb-501 for the lb-3000, they look identical from the pic but they're not the same. The 501 runs down to .01g, the 3000 only goes to .1g . Mine came with the scale, the large dry mix bowl, ac adapter (for continuous operation) and 2x 200g weights for calibration.

https://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Scales-LB-501-Digital/dp/B005UGBG20

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Starting to test the new Wonder Flavors.....all at 3%

Coffee cake...not crumble topping coffee cake. It’s cake with buttercream frosting, coffee flavored. Rich. Not overly sweet.

Cobbler(berry)....raspberry, blackberry. No pastry yet.

Mille Feuilles.....thin caramel. Light, thin pastry. I think it needs steeping.....

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Starting to test the new Wonder Flavors.....all at 3%

Coffee cake...not crumble topping coffee cake. It’s cake with buttercream frosting, coffee flavored. Rich. Not overly sweet.

Cobbler(berry)....raspberry, blackberry. No pastry yet.

Mille Feuilles.....thin caramel. Light, thin pastry. I think it needs steeping.....
Stop it! :xD: I don’t want any preconceived notions haha. Just kidding. I am only about to head home now and I’ve been out since 6am. I won’t test them today.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Stop it! :xD: I don’t want any preconceived notions haha. Just kidding. I am only about to head home now and I’ve been out since 6am. I won’t test them today.
:giggle::giggle::giggle:Sorry! I have 14 more to go, but these got first pick. And it’s only day one. I’m sure they will change by the time I get back.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:teehee:

Ok I’ll keep the one you posted today & delete the previous one.
I am actually vaping this now after a long steep. Over 3 weeks. (Just looked at hearts post today makes 1 month). It’s delicious. I’m sure they use all CAP ingredients and the darker vanilla note comes from Cap French vanilla maybe? The holy vanilla does it though and the vanilla custard after a month is delicious. When I tested after two weeks you could tell the yellow cake was in there. It was kind of out of place. Now after a month it has melded with the cupcake and boosted the cake aspect and they are damn good together. This is really really good. If I didn’t suggest before I’d suggest a 3 - 5 week steep

The only way I think I could get this more accurate would be to buy all the CAP ingredients that would make sense in there and test them which I don’t really want to do. So if anyone has CAP French vanilla and makes this try out my theory please.

Last edited:

Mazinny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone here mixed with Fa Milk? I'm getting ready to place an order with Chefs, and I was curious about this flavor.

On a different note, There are a bunch of flavors in Chefs Fa section that I have never heard of. I can't even find them on Flavourarts own site. After Dark, Apple Stark, Bongo, Black Currant Licorice, Black Currant menthol, Bountiful, Brekkers etc... And that's just the A's and B's. What are these and why are they not available in the U.S. I can't imagine they all have diacetyl in them.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone here mixed with Fa Milk? I'm getting ready to place an order with Chefs, and I was curious about this flavor.

On a different note, There are a bunch of flavors in Chefs Fa section that I have never heard of. I can't even find them on Flavourarts own site. After Dark, Apple Stark, Bongo, Black Currant Licorice, Black Currant menthol, Bountiful, Brekkers etc... And that's just the A's and B's. What are these and why are they not available in the U.S. I can't imagine they all have diacetyl in them.
I haven't mixed with it, but I have heard good things. Also, there are other reasons besides diacetyl that FA might consider those "not suitable for vaping in the US". It's kind of like how a lot of things cause cancer only in the state of California.

VU Sponsors