Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@Smoky Blue I'm trying your recipe for marshmallow treats. On elliquidrecipes you say to add 1 or 2 drops of AP in the discussion. Is this ratio for 30, 60 or 100mL. I really think my SIL and bro will like this. I'm trying it and it is a good recipe. I'm just curious if the AP would bring out the rice part of the recipe. Thank you for your time.

Per 30ml.. starch and ap work really nice in this for the rice crunch effect.
It's been a fav for a bit, and I am currently tinkering with other recipes, however I picked up a new project and it will be a while before I post up other recipes. Will still be doing flavor reviews and the contests, but looking like a very busy summer for me!

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! :)

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Per 30ml.. starch and ap work really nice in this for the rice crunch effect.
It's been a fav for a bit, and I am currently tinkering with other recipes, however I picked up a new project and it will be a while before I post up other recipes. Will still be doing flavor reviews and the contests, but looking like a very busy summer for me!

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! :)
Thanks Smoky! Good luck on your projects! I will be following your reviews as usual. :)

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
AHHHH. That makes more sense. I just vaped some of the MB Cookie Bite, it is really good after a 7 day steep. I also just tested out some of Drippin by Pippa and that is really good after a 7 day steep too.
I need to try the cookie bite again. I mixed it zero so my SIL can try it.

I need to find my AP. I haven't used any for a long time. I hope its still good.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying it again and I do like it. It is something I would vape rarely. I do taste chocolate and it's not overwhelming. I think its the first chocolate type vape I can tolerate so that is a win. I don't get cookie but it could be my taste receptors are dull.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did end up ordering from Chefs, I got CC Digestive Biscuit, FA Lemon Zest (BCF doesn’t have it), FW Butterscotch Ripple & a one shot Cryptic Vanilla.
I put a bunch of stuff in my cart. I am trying really hard not to order anything outside of VG and PG right now but the flavors are like magnets. I keep getting drawn in, putting a cart together, and having to pull myself away. I’ve got enough nic for a year at least and enough flavors for 5 years lol.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I did end up ordering from Chefs, I got CC Digestive Biscuit, FA Lemon Zest (BCF doesn’t have it), FW Butterscotch Ripple & a one shot Cryptic Vanilla.
I got lemon zest, too! And Cryptic Vanilla! And 11other things because I cannot help myself.......

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I put a bunch of stuff in my cart. I am trying really hard not to order anything outside of VG and PG right now but the flavors are like magnets. I keep getting drawn in, putting a cart together, and having to pull myself away. I’ve got enough nic for a year at least and enough flavors for 5 years lol.
Yup! This last lot has pushed me over 1000. I keep saying no more.....it’s a lie. All lies.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lucky! I just ordered in the morning then around 11ish I saw the email. I’ll just have to wait. Don’t want to place an order with 1 flavor.
I’ll bet another mixed berry would do the trick just fine. When I get the berry blend, I’ll test it and let you know what others would do.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got two recipes coming with the new wonder flavors that I really like. Lemon Square and an Apple Strudel. Both of those flavors needed some help, but each had really strong points. I am vaping rendition 1 of the apple strudel right now and it is darn good. What is everyone else working on? I still need to make a macaron recipe too. So much to mix, so little time.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got two recipes coming with the new wonder flavors that I really like. Lemon Square and an Apple Strudel. Both of those flavors needed some help, but each had really strong points. I am vaping rendition 1 of the apple strudel right now and it is darn good. What is everyone else working on? I still need to make a macaron recipe too. So much to mix, so little time.
I'm a fan of Apple Strudel myself http://vapingunderground.com/threads/apple-strudel.404098/

Right now I'm testing V3 of my Banana Nut Bread. With a 17-day steep I'm thinking it's there, but I won't post it until it's got 30 days on it.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hi all. I have a request for a straight mango juice. Something I havent tried to do. Anyone have a simple, established recipe?

I have FLV and FA. I wanna get him a sample tomorrow and dont feel like experimenting.
I am pretty sure FLV at 2% with like 1% FA Mango and some kind of cream to just smooth it. Like 1% Cap sweet cream? With sweetener. You should be good.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's actually exactly what I was thinking lol. Just wanted to see if anyone had a tried and true recipe.
Honestly I hardly ever vape fruits. I have like 50 + fruit concentrates that I never use. I keep trying different fruits out and making samples and I just suck at it haha. Deserts are my thing. I want to start a summertime fruit series, but I just haven't gotten it right yet.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Honestly I hardly ever vape fruits. I have like 50 + fruit concentrates that I never use. I keep trying different fruits out and making samples and I just suck at it haha. Deserts are my thing. I want to start a summertime fruit series, but I just haven't gotten it right yet.
I vape fruits every now and then but i'm the same way. I'm vaping hawaiian pog clone right now. Before that my last fruit mix was just 6% TFA Strawberry and 1.5% TFA Sweetener. That cornbread pudding clone has been my favorite lately.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hi all. I have a request for a straight mango juice. Something I havent tried to do. Anyone have a simple, established recipe?

I have FLV and FA. I wanna get him a sample tomorrow and dont feel like experimenting.
I have a good one, but it uses TFA Mango & CAP Sweet Mango rather than the FLV/FA you're looking for (it also includes CAP Sweet Lychee & Sweet Tangerine).

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can’t wait for your Lemon Square creation.

I mixed up Pippa’s from DIYDOWNUNDER Vanilla Slice. Sounds delicious!

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/148628#vanilla_slice_by_diydownunderpippa

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I normally don't vape fruits much but have come up with a couple of mostly- or all-fruit recipes recently that I really like. The thing with me is that there are just too many fruit flavors that I don't like at all, like mango, any kind of melon, most berries, even banana is iffy for me. I like grape, blackberry, nearly all citrus, and dragonfruit. And sometimes apple.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't made anything perfect yet, between being still new to diy and having a fairly limited selection of flavors I'm working with. I did mix up some caramel apple and changed it a bit, got a bit better results increasing the caramel and adding some vanilla bean gelato and butter cream to it. Made the caramel head more in the direction I was looking for, smoother and creamier. Some suggest using bavarian cream but I don't have any so it is what it is for the moment. lol.

Also made up some blackcurrant and greek yogurt. I know creams and yogurts need time to steep, typically weeks. I was impatient and tried it after less than a day. Hopefully it doesn't transform into something weird as it steeps, outside of being a little bitey from being so fresh it was pretty damn good.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m vaping a sft I made in December for VTA Lemon Meringue Tart 6% & it does taste good as a one shot. I had tried it a week after I mixed & I wasn’t impressed but after a long steep I doubt you have to wait 5 months lol it’s great!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mixed up 90ml of the Custard - The Quickening & 60ml more of Nick Evan’s Scone-d. I mixed 30ml last week but I asked Nick Evans if it really needs the 21 days steep & he said yes to get the full flavor. So can you imagine if in 21 days I love it then I won’t have enough. I did sneak a little & it’s good but it didn’t reach the full depth of flavor.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
upload_2019-5-10_10-12-18.png

This list right here is one of the main reasons I can't put too much stock in what Wayne has to offer on DIY. I was just watching this video and any world where you have Liquid Barn ranked above FLV, WF, VTA, HS, INW is a world I don't want to live in. Just my two cents. He has some good information, but I've never been a fan of his recipes really. I also think RF is better than OOO and PUR. I can't get behind this.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 137895

This list right here is one of the main reasons I can't put too much stock in what Wayne has to offer on DIY. I was just watching this video and any world where you have Liquid Barn ranked above FLV, WF, VTA, HS, INW is a world I don't want to live in. Just my two cents. He has some good information, but I've never been a fan of his recipes really. I also think RF is better than OOO and PUR. I can't get behind this.
My two cents: I don't trust anyone who profits from diy to tell me what is the best flavors. He has a following. I'm not a follower. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 137895

His notes on all the different vanillas (on the diyordie site) have been helpful to me. I joined the FB group but haven't really found much good info there.

Might be a good enough place for folks who are brand spanking new to get started, but certainly not better than here.

VU Sponsors