“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If I used the Country Apple or the Apple Filling I would not add the liquid amber. If I used the double apple I probably would. I made Apple Flapple last week and vaped it all in like 2 days. I've been digging the apple vapes lately.
Right. Mixing today.....might do that one. I’ve been eyeing it up along with a few others.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My stuff is out for delivery today. I got a big ole bottle of HV and HHG RY4, I have a big bottle of gooey butter cake that I haven't used. Is it really that good? I don't think I ever tested it.
I like it! It needs a bit of help, but not bad as a one shot. It’s definitely DAAPy. I’ve boosted the cake with FW Yellow Cake before. But is a nice, rich, buttery cake. Have you had a real Gooey Butter Cake? Insanely sweet and rich. This does a fair job of imitating it.

The HHG V2 is not as rich, just off the smell. I’m gonna mix up a tester and do a side by side.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And Molinberry just came out with about 10 new flavors. I don’t think anyone but Molinberry has them yet.....but Chefs might be the first this time. I ordered straight from Molinberry.....their shipping is shockingly fast considering they’re in Poland. I’ll have them by next week, I think......I got Butter My Biscuit, Double Mocca Coffee, Fantasy Grape, White Chocolate, Legendary Custard, Pineapple Lassi, Rainbow Sherbet and S’mores Marshmallow Brownies. Yum.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like it! It needs a bit of help, but not bad as a one shot. It’s definitely DAAPy. I’ve boosted the cake with FW Yellow Cake before. But is a nice, rich, buttery cake. Have you had a real Gooey Butter Cake? Insanely sweet and rich. This does a fair job of imitating it.

The HHG V2 is not as rich, just off the smell. I’m gonna mix up a tester and do a side by side.
I have not had a gooey butter cake before. It sounds delicious. I'll give it a try. Hopefully I get the v2 of Holy vanilla and can see how that one is. I love that they always include a sample it's pretty nice.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And Molinberry just came out with about 10 new flavors. I don’t think anyone but Molinberry has them yet.....but Chefs might be the first this time. I ordered straight from Molinberry.....their shipping is shockingly fast considering they’re in Poland. I’ll have them by next week, I think......I got Butter My Biscuit, Double Mocca Coffee, Fantasy Grape, White Chocolate, Legendary Custard, Pineapple Lassi, Rainbow Sherbet and S’mores Marshmallow Brownies. Yum.
I have 0 MB flavors at this point. I had to resist the temptation to order a ton of stuff over the weekend. I don't like how MB only comes in 10ml at most places (except MB as far as I know) and some of them seem to be needed at a high %. Seems a bit of a pain and pricey as far as that goes. I should get some because I know they have some great flavors.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My stuff is out for delivery today. I got a big ole bottle of HV and HHG RY4, I have a big bottle of gooey butter cake that I haven't used. Is it really that good? I don't think I ever tested it.

Just the sound of "gooey butter cake," dang, I'd have to try it. Like I wanna go in my kitchen and make a real one, right now! lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have 0 MB flavors at this point. I had to resist the temptation to order a ton of stuff over the weekend. I don't like how MB only comes in 10ml at most places (except MB as far as I know) and some of them seem to be needed at a high %. Seems a bit of a pain and pricey as far as that goes. I should get some because I know they have some great flavors.

People sure rave about their chocolate.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I took a stab at a recipe for Tres Leches yesterday, haven't mixed it yet. Going to work on it more before I do, trying to decide whether to put coconut in it or not. High hopes for it, though, if I can get anywhere close to what I have in my mind.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People sure rave about their chocolate.
I really liked the cookie bite one shot that was gifted to me. As a matter of fact I only have a little bit mixed up and shes all gone because I vaped it all. It was really good. I just feel like they are overpriced for what you get and I don't hear anything that much about their flavors that I can't live without any of them. I will probably cave and buy some on my next order though. I need some legit @wildgypsy70 recommendations. I think I have a 100% success rate (as far as liking the flavor) when taking her insights into account.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I really liked the cookie bite one shot that was gifted to me. As a matter of fact I only have a little bit mixed up and shes all gone because I vaped it all. It was really good. I just feel like they are overpriced for what you get and I don't hear anything that much about their flavors that I can't live without any of them. I will probably cave and buy some on my next order though. I need some legit @wildgypsy70 recommendations. I think I have a 100% success rate (as far as liking the flavor) when taking her insights into account.

I think @wildgypsy70 has an entire lobe of her brain dedicated to mixing. She has outstanding instant recall of the most detailed information. It's impressive.

I am too damn old for that. Lucky to wake up in the right place in the morning. lol

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got an unexpected 2nd Armageddon Mech Mod from fastech that I didn’t order, so now I got 3...had to make a new juice to mark the occasion and made a simple APP (Apple, Pear, Peach)
497fe00b75f9eef45258392dcd7aeaf4.jpg

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couple things I mixed up yesterday as tests

Mille Feuille

WF Mille Feuille 3%
FA Burro 0.25%
FLV Vanilla Pudding 1%
FLV Cream 1%
DFS Holy Vanilla 1.5%
OOO powdered Sugar 1%
DFS Mr Good Stuff 2%

2% fa almond
2% FA meringue
2% RF Sugar Cookie (CAP Sugar Cookie might be better, I took this from ID1O-t but he uses CAP)
1% FLV Cream
1% FA Raspberry
0.5% FLV Frosting
0.25% INW Raspberry

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Couple things I mixed up yesterday as tests

Mille Feuille

WF Mille Feuille 3%
FA Burro 0.25%
FLV Vanilla Pudding 1%
FLV Cream 1%
DFS Holy Vanilla 1.5%
OOO powdered Sugar 1%
DFS Mr Good Stuff 2%

2% fa almond
2% FA meringue
2% RF Sugar Cookie (CAP Sugar Cookie might be better, I took this from ID1O-t but he uses CAP)
1% FLV Cream
1% FA Raspberry
0.5% FLV Frosting
0.25% INW Raspberry
Ahhh, his macaron base. The Mango Blossom was really good. I’ve used that base fairly successfully a few times. Delicate, though.....but it works.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ooooooo, look what I got.......View attachment 139658
I got a bottle of the V2 with my order too! I tried both at 5% using the same setups, builds etc. While the V1 has a richer taste I'm quite pleased with the V2. It has a lighter feel to it and not quite as sweet ( which I like) I bumped the V2 up to 6% and it starts to get a little richer.

I'm thinking with maybe some vanilla swirl or possibly buttercream, it may be pretty close to V1. I have to play around with it. Thumbs up to DIYFS for the freebie. Seems like they do that a lot. :)

They too, are waiting to see if that nasty 30% tax on vaping stuff is going to pass here. UGH..........

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I got a bottle of the V2 with my order too! I tried both at 5% using the same setups, builds etc. While the V1 has a richer taste I'm quite pleased with the V2. It has a lighter feel to it and not quite as sweet ( which I like) I bumped the V2 up to 6% and it starts to get a little richer.

I'm thinking with maybe some vanilla swirl or possibly buttercream, it may be pretty close to V1. I have to play around with it. Thumbs up to DIYFS for the freebie. Seems like they do that a lot. :)

They too, are waiting to see if that nasty 30% tax on vaping stuff is going to pass here. UGH..........

I've only ordered from them once, but they sent a freebie in my order. "Murph Berries," I think it was. I've used it, it's a good berry flavor for using with peppermint and Koolada.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Holy grail RY4 v1 and 2.....

I’ve mixed and gave them three days steep. 4% at 35 watts on a Hadlay with a 0.34 alien.

V1 is the Holy Grail we all know. Rich, caramel, a touch of spice and a back note of mild tobacco. DAAP-y, in that glorious way. One could vape this solo and be relatively happy.

V2 is similar but thinner. A brighter top note. The caramel note is not as rich and full as V1. That light spice note is also not as noticeable. The tobacco is there, the same tobacco used in V1. It just tastes like a watered down version of V1.

I think whatever concentrate got axed was the DAAP component. Fresh03 mentioned on a recent show that DIYFS uses FA concentrates for their mixes. He seemed very sure of that.

I would love to hear others take on the two.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed up an adaptation of one of HIC's recipes I found buried in the Recipes thread - Vanilla-Cream Cinnamon Sticks. Have high hopes for this, possibly another favorite for me. It's a peppermint-cinnamon-vanilla candy mix, sweet!

Refilled a squonk bottle and used the last of my Tiramisu Cream, so mixed up 30 ml of it, too.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed up an adaptation of one of HIC's recipes I found buried in the Recipes thread - Vanilla-Cream Cinnamon Sticks. Have high hopes for this, possibly another favorite for me. It's a peppermint-cinnamon-vanilla candy mix, sweet!

Refilled a squonk bottle and used the last of my Tiramisu Cream, so mixed up 30 ml of it, too.
Ooooo, that sounds lovely. How did I miss that one? Got a link or shall I go digging?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Last edited:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I finally mixed WF brown sugar cookie. I'm in love with FLV Jammy Berry. I made 100mL for a coworker and she loves the flavor. I cannot get over how complete as a single flavor it is I'm sending off 200mL to Bro & SIL for them to taste test. I wish I had more time to mix all the new flavors I bought. Gardening and working is taking most of my time.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so I'm looking up a couple FLV flavors on ELR because I've been adding at least one to every order I make and I'm ordering a few tobaccos but I want a non tobacco flavor in there too. So sweet coconut or cookie FLV is what I've narrowed it down to. Look at this though
upload_2019-6-4_10-59-56.png

Could someone really have mixed this at 40%?????

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so I'm looking up a couple FLV flavors on ELR because I've been adding at least one to every order I make and I'm ordering a few tobaccos but I want a non tobacco flavor in there too. So sweet coconut or cookie FLV is what I've narrowed it down to. Look at this though
View attachment 139896

Could someone really have mixed this at 40%?????
I look at flavor reviews and see why a flavor gets a bad review. Some folks don't realize less is best. Example: mixing anything by Flavorah above 4% is crazy. I will take Cinnamon Toast Crunch up to 3% because it is a weaker flavor. Cookie is good 1%-2%.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While I do agree there are exceptions to the FLV rule so to say, I feel as though HIC was using some of those flavors way too high for my liking. 6% frosting is ridiculous. If I use it at 1.5% it’s bordering on too strong. Also wild melon stands out to me in a mix at 1% so if I’m using it to boost other melons or drive a profile I will use it under that. Apple filling at 1% is strong as well and he was using it at 6%.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry I’ve been MIA been in the hospital since last Tuesday came home last Friday. I had/have pancreatitis & gall bladder surgery. Went to hospital last Tuesday but they didn’t operate until Thursday. OMG the worst pain you’ve ever imagine & I’m a toughie.

Still recouping in bed, starting to fell less pain today.

Hopefully I’ll be back to normal soon! :blowkiss:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry I’ve been MIA been in the hospital since last Tuesday came home last Friday. I had/have pancreatitis & gall bladder surgery. Went to hospital last Tuesday but they didn’t operate until Thursday. OMG the worst pain you’ve ever imagine & I’m a toughie.

:hug:Oh no! That sounds awful!!! I hope you’re better soon!!!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
While I do agree there are exceptions to the FLV rule so to say, I feel as though HIC was using some of those flavors way too high for my liking. 6% frosting is ridiculous. If I use it at 1.5% it’s bordering on too strong. Also wild melon stands out to me in a mix at 1% so if I’m using it to boost other melons or drive a profile I will use it under that. Apple filling at 1% is strong as well and he was using it at 6%.
From what I know of HIC, he vapes at 12w or so. Unless that’s changed, maybe that’s why he runs his percentages high? I really have no idea or if that makes any sense.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

Sorry to hear this but delighted that you are feeling some relief.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think @wildgypsy70 has an entire lobe of her brain dedicated to mixing. She has outstanding instant recall of the most detailed information. It's impressive.

I am too damn old for that. Lucky to wake up in the right place in the morning. lol
It’s interesting.....my autoimmune disease has affected my memory and I spend a lot of time in a split pea soup brain fog, but ask me about flavors....BAM! I can remember almost everything.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’m ready when you are! MB def has some true winners, IMO. Cookie Bite is one of them.....

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

So sorry to hear this! I hope you will be all recovered very soon!

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Healing thoughts sent your way! Get better soon! My surgeon who performed my gall bladder surgery a few years back gave me photos of my gall bladder/liver. I asked for them.

Iv3shf

Member For 4 Years
Your thoughts on a good grapefruit flavour to use as a main base on a pink grapefruit juice (that I can buy @chef's) please don't say MF.. I know that.. anyway can't find it and am ready to place an order at chef's..
Thank you all!

I forgot to give @Just Frank a shout about this… he's worked with grapefruit a lot, any tips and tricks?
Now I've bought White Grapefruit INW, Pink Guava FLV, FW Ecto Cooler, te first SFT's were not that amazing have to tweak a lot, I get like a sour citrus thingy, but I don't think I'm quite there, have to think about adding Koolada, or Cactus or somit… don't know.. it could be a long quest.. unfortunately didn't find the INW yellow grapefruit..

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hope your back to normal SOON.....been there, done it....I know EXACTLY what you mean when saying PAIN.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

de41ebc407f41788e463e3c7d553c586.jpg

and I am sorry yours appently went on strike.
feel better fast

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Glad to have you back, hope you get well soon!

VU Sponsors