nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed myself a refill of Tutti-Frutti Gum, some Dubble Bubble, and then played fast and loose with @Cramptholomew 's recipe for White Coconut Cake. I have wanted a good white coconut cake since the day I started mixing my own. His recipe is based so heavily on Cap Vanilla Custard, though, I had to change it up. Will see how it is soon. I used TFA Bavarian Cream and Cap Butter Cream instead.

Placed a small BCF order for some FW Blood Orange, TFA Bavarian Cream, FA Marshmallow, TFA Maple Syrup, and Cap Cereal 27.

ETA: This coconut cake recipe is delicious. If anyone wants to try the original, it's in the recipe thread. It's also a Recipe Pack at BCF.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/white-coconut-cake-by-jason.3474/

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Anyone care to comment on the difference between Hangsen's Italian Cream and LA Cream Cheese Frosting and which might be better for what application? Hard to believe, but I've tried neither. Have read a fair amount of notes on both, but am hoping for some VU input.

Oh, man, i'm afraid I'm going to break the bank. I wish I had a free-for-all spirit like you!
Since tasting HS italian cream I haven't used the LA cci. Italian cream is rich and decadent, more like a marscapone dessert cream. The texture is beautiful as well. For me the CCI mouthfeel was too thick and seemed to mute other flavors where the italian cream compliments & enhances. There is the impression caramel note I get to the italian cream if used over 0.7%. I make this cream base, usually use it 1-3% if I want to add a rich note in my mix. http://tjek.nu/r/nzWE?token=05dcd66039b7ec3

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since tasting HS italian cream I haven't used the LA cci. Italian cream is rich and decadent, more like a marscapone dessert cream. The texture is beautiful as well. For me the CCI mouthfeel was too thick and seemed to mute other flavors where the italian cream compliments & enhances. There is the impression caramel note I get to the italian cream if used over 0.7%. I make this cream base, usually use it 1-3% if I want to add a rich note in my mix. http://tjek.nu/r/nzWE?token=05dcd66039b7ec3
Sounds good! I screen shot it :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have any of you tried the Kiwi flavor from DIYFS? I used it just now in a Cereal Milk recipe, and if I'd caught a whiff of it before it was in the mix, I wouldn't have put it in there. Even made my hands smell terrible.

Can these flavorings go "off" in less than a year? I don't know if something's wrong with the flavor, or if I am just repelled by the smell of kiwi. I've maybe eaten one bite of kiwi in my life, and that was when I was a teenager. I am very nearly neurotic about certain foods, and was not a fan, but I thought it was because of those damn seeds in the kiwi.

I did taste the mix, and that flavor is there but it's very, very faint. It's also very faint in vaping. I added 2% of Tutti Frutti to the mix and am about to try it again. Hopefully I haven't poisoned myself.

ETA: By the way, I got several other flavors from DIYFS at the same time that I got this Kiwi, and am still using them and notice nothing wrong with them.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mixed myself a refill of Tutti-Frutti Gum, some Dubble Bubble, and then played fast and loose with @Cramptholomew 's recipe for White Coconut Cake. I have wanted a good white coconut cake since the day I started mixing my own. His recipe is based so heavily on Cap Vanilla Custard, though, I had to change it up. Will see how it is soon. I used TFA Bavarian Cream and Cap Butter Cream instead.

Placed a small BCF order for some FW Blood Orange, TFA Bavarian Cream, FA Marshmallow, TFA Maple Syrup, and Cap Cereal 27.

ETA: This coconut cake recipe is delicious. If anyone wants to try the original, it's in the recipe thread. It's also a Recipe Pack at BCF.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/white-coconut-cake-by-jason.3474/
This was one of the first recipes I made. I didn't have any Caps VC, so I used FA Custard... didn't work out well that time. When I did get the flavors, it was wonderful!

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thanks for this. I've heard also that OOO Vanilla Custard Cheesecake is a good sub for LA CCI. to give similar tangy note but with far less steeping required -- here, from WildGypsy, I think, and also on the youtube series, "Noted:"

I got FA Joker in my last order, which is described by some as having a mascarpone flavor with a cannoli-like crust element. I haven't used it yet. Has anyone had any luck using it so far?

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Another new recipe:

Sunshine Punch

Coconut (FW) 1%
Cream Soda (FW) 4%
Ecto Cooler Natural (FW) 4%
Ethyl Vanillin 10% (TFA) 1%
Juicy Peach (DX) (TFA) 2.5%
Lemon Mix WG (Inw) 2%
Royal Orange (FA) 1%
Super Sweet (Cap) 0.5%

Total 16%

Tastes almost like Juicy Fruit gum. Very summery. Might be good with a cooling agent, but I don't want to mess it up! :)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Another new recipe:

Sunshine Punch

Coconut (FW) 1%
Cream Soda (FW) 4%
Ecto Cooler Natural (FW) 4%
Ethyl Vanillin 10% (TFA) 1%
Juicy Peach (DX) (TFA) 2.5%
Lemon Mix WG (Inw) 2%
Royal Orange (FA) 1%
Super Sweet (Cap) 0.5%

Total 16%

Tastes almost like Juicy Fruit gum. Very summery. Might be good with a cooling agent, but I don't want to mess it up! :)

Looks lovely. I have about half the flavors, which is pretty good for me on your recipes! I can think of good subs for fw Coconut, lemon mix, and I have an idea for a sub for Royal Orange, which I do not have: a combo of flv tropical citrus and fa orange might--if not duplicate the flavor--at least approximate it as a juice flavor.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Does anyone happen to have a Lemon Meringue Pie recipe by Nick? I had it screenshot’d on my other iPhone but it bricked and now I can’t find it lol. All I remember is it had flapper pie in it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just mixed Nick Evans’s Cornish Ice Cream.....and discovered that I don’t have VT Vanilla Ice Cream....and BCF doesn’t have it, either. So I used Vanilla Cream. Hoping that won’t f it up too much. Anyone have any experience with VT VIC? Should I have made another choice? I think it was only a supporting ice cream so.....

Working on a waffle crunch ice cream, still working on a green tea latte(argh!), another stuffed French toast(almond blueberry), a fruity peachy mix and a pumpkin custard. Fall season recipes are upon us.....

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Another new one, good right away imo:

Fried Ice Cream

Black Cherry (FA) 1.5%
Chocolate Fudge Brownie (Cap) 1.5%
Cinnamon Crunch (Flv) 1%
Glazed Donut (Cap) 2.75%
Golden Syrup (VTA) 1.5%
Joy (FA) 0.4%
Marshmallow (FW) 3% (easy does it for other brands)
Powdered Sugar (OOO) 1%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (FW) 4.25%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (Cap) 2.5%

Total 19.4%

Didn't occur to me until this was already mixed that I should have made room in this recipe for some Sweet Cereal Flakes, but I like it just fine like it is. Might be more realistic with the flakes, idk. Unless steeping turns it into something less than it is now, I'm not going to mess with it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just mixed Nick Evans’s Cornish Ice Cream.....and discovered that I don’t have VT Vanilla Ice Cream....and BCF doesn’t have it, either. So I used Vanilla Cream. Hoping that won’t f it up too much. Anyone have any experience with VT VIC? Should I have made another choice? I think it was only a supporting ice cream so.....

Working on a waffle crunch ice cream, still working on a green tea latte(argh!), another stuffed French toast(almond blueberry), a fruity peachy mix and a pumpkin custard. Fall season recipes are upon us.....

Waffle crunch ice cream sounds exceptional!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Boy you’re fast lol! I just ordered the missing ingredients for it this morning. My 2nd BCF in 2 days :p I thought I waited to make sure I ordered everything I wanted. Then Nick posted his Cornish Ice Cream recipe. BCF had the VTA Vanilla Ice Cream this morning. Hoping yours works out with your sub. I don’t know.

Looking forward to all your new creations.;)

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't order any diy this round. I wanted to but thought I should try flavors I ordered (unopened) from last two orders. I found a flavorah blueberry cupcake recipe I'm going to mix tonight. I found it on ELR or ? It was really late and I forgot to put down the persons name. The recipe is called Muffin Blues. I'm also going to try a recipe from Fidalgo Vapes. It is a cinnamon crunch recipe. Just a tad different than the recipe I came up with.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I didn't order any diy this round. I wanted to but thought I should try flavors I ordered (unopened) from last two orders. I found a flavorah blueberry cupcake recipe I'm going to mix tonight. I found it on ELR or ? It was really late and I forgot to put down the persons name. The recipe is called Muffin Blues. I'm also going to try a recipe from Fidalgo Vapes. It is a cinnamon crunch recipe. Just a tad different than the recipe I came up with.
I feel like I’ve seen that recipe. The name def rings a bell.

I wish I had your resolve! I ordered.....and ordered....and ordered. Lol!!!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been feeling uninspired lately. Then I remembered people talking about Dinner Lady Lemon Tart. I've never had it so I just ordered some. If I like it, maybe I'll try to make my own. (I know there's lots of recipes out there already for it.)

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I feel like I’ve seen that recipe. The name def rings a bell.

I wish I had your resolve! I ordered.....and ordered....and ordered. Lol!!!
I did order mods/batteries. :) Oh, I can always use flavorings..however I'm unemployed at this time (taking a break) and don't want to waste too much $$. I just got back into remission and need a few more days to relax.

I found the link to the recipe.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...cipes/164408&usg=AOvVaw2zQx3i6wPXWnhjSN9RT66B

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I did order mods/batteries. :) Oh, I can always use flavorings..however I'm unemployed at this time (taking a break) and don't want to waste too much $$. I just got back into remission and need a few more days to relax.

I found the link to the recipe.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi-6PbZjbbkAhUHY6wKHRhWCnAQrbMEMAB6BAgFEAQ&url=https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/164408&usg=AOvVaw2zQx3i6wPXWnhjSN9RT66B
Nice! Thanks! Def gonna mix this one.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been feeling uninspired lately. Then I remembered people talking about Dinner Lady Lemon Tart. I've never had it so I just ordered some. If I like it, maybe I'll try to make my own. (I know there's lots of recipes out there already for it.)
I like it! Not the end all be all best juice ever, but it’s tasty!

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HEY........HOWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
e514d15c5d10bf43c80aae7ae9cef7e8.jpg

sorry wrong Howard..
da other howard...
howard_hughes_580x.jpg
Ya you...

did the carmel green apple side by side experiment..
and YOUR...
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/caramel-green-apple.274709/
I quote you...
Here is my Caramel (green) Apple recipe I've been messing with for a few months.
Finally got it to where I feel it's good enough to post up.

4% CAP Green Apple
1.25% TFA Caramel Candy
1% TFA Brown Sugar
2% FW Butterscotch
3% TFA Bavarian Cream
1.25% CAP Caramel
1% TFA Smooth

hh-cag-png.94908

is REALLY good... maybe let it even seep longer then 2 weeks
just to take the last of da harsh off.. or maybe more smooth???? idono
soooooooooo close to prefection
yet
dang thats a GREAT Caramel (green) Apple .
thanks for directing me to your recipe.

Glad it worked out for you! As for using more Smooth, if you do then let me know as I don't think I've ever gone over 1% with it.
Sorry it took me so long to respond, was out of town for Labor Day & just got home last night. Thanks!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Howdy, all! Anyone try MB Palm Coconut yet? I just watched Developed and they went crazy on this flavor. Said it was the best coconut ever. Folkart especially was impressed. I have it, gonna single flavor test it.....just thought I’d check with y’all first.:D

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I didn't mix until this AM. Mixed at 50/50. I know its a simple recipe but I'm curious with the usage of jammy berry in it. For some reason I'm hoping it blends in well at that %. Jammy Berry is very potent.
Jammy berry is also a grower. I haven’t mixed this yet. Maybe I will tonight and let it sit for a week and see what happens.

1%, huh. That could be high. I’ll do it anyway.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Howdy, all! Anyone try MB Palm Coconut yet? I just watched Developed and they went crazy on this flavor. Said it was the best coconut ever. Folkart especially was impressed. I have it, gonna single flavor test it.....just thought I’d check with y’all first.:D
Nope I haven’t tried it yet.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm actually having fun mixing other folks recipes. I found this one by fidilgo Vapes
Cinnamon Crunch
Flavorah Cinnamon Crunch 3%
FLV Cream 1%
FLV Marshmallow Vanilla 1%
FLV Rich Cinnamon 0.15%
FLV Sweet Cream 0.25% This one I'm subbing with capella Sweet Cream @1%
FLV Sweetness 0.25% I'll be subbing this out with a different sweetener.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm actually having fun mixing other folks recipes. I found this one by fidilgo Vapes
Cinnamon Crunch
Flavorah Cinnamon Crunch 3%
FLV Cream 1%
FLV Marshmallow Vanilla 1%
FLV Rich Cinnamon 0.15%
FLV Sweet Cream 0.25% This one I'm subbing with capella Sweet Cream @1%
FLV Sweetness 0.25% I'll be subbing this out with a different sweetener.

This looks like a good beginning to the waffle crunch ice cream @wildgypsy70 was talking about earlier.....

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, it could be depending if one likes cinnamon with ice cream. I know I would love it. I have a few ice creams but who makes the best ice cream flavor?

I like cinnamon just about any way I find it! :)

I've mostly used Hangsen French Vanilla Ice Cream, but the other day I made a mix with FW VIC and it's really good. Completely different from HS, though. Not custard-y, more like a light ice cream, like the difference between Goodberry's homemade frozen custard and Chick-Fil-A's soft serve! :) Each has its place, I suppose.

I don't care much for TFA or Cap, but that's just me. Haven't tried any others.

ETA: Maybe what I'm visualizing would be more like a French Toast Ice Cream, cause I'm definitely there with the cinnamon. Maple too.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I've mostly used Hangsen French Vanilla Ice Cream, but the other day I made a mix with FW VIC and it's really good. Completely different from HS, though. Not custard-y, more like a light ice cream, like the difference between Goodberry's homemade frozen custard and Chick-Fil-A's soft serve! :) Each has its place, I suppose.

ETA: Maybe what I'm visualizing would be more like a French Toast Ice Cream, cause I'm definitely there with the cinnamon. Maple too.
I actually may have some Hangsen french vanilla ice cream. I use to love using hangsen years ago.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

French toast ice cream?! Damn, that sounds goooooood. Shall we try? I think we shall.......

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
MB Palm Coconut.....oh, damn, is this good! It’s the kind of coconut you get in a candy bar. Like a Mounds, Bounty type thing. It’s smooth, creamy with a bit of coconut texture. I’m in loooooove!!!!<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
French toast ice cream?! Damn, that sounds goooooood. Shall we try? I think we shall.......

Oh I've already gone there, first thoughts:

Almond Cookie (SC) (WF) 1.75%
Cinnamon Crunch (Flavorah) 3%
Condensed Milk (NR) 1%
Croissant (SC) (WF) 1.25%
Golden Syrup (VTA) 1.5%
Joy (FA) 0.4%
Maple Pecan (FW) 1.5%
Maple Syrup (TFA) 1%
Marshmallow (FW) 2.5%
Marzipan (FA) 0.75%
Royal Orange (FA) 1.4%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (FW) 4.5%

ETA: I love this VTA Golden Syrup so much, I may put it in everything from now on.

ETA2: I've edited this to match what I've mixed today, 9/5

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
MB Palm Coconut.....oh, damn, is this good! It’s the kind of coconut you get in a candy bar. Like a Mounds, Bounty type thing. It’s smooth, creamy with a bit of coconut texture. I’m in loooooove!!!!<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

That's the coconut I've been looking for. The Flv Sweet Coconut isn't coconutty enough; it's good, but not quite Mounds, as you say! :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's the coconut I've been looking for. The Flv Sweet Coconut isn't coconutty enough; it's good, but not quite Mounds, as you say! :)
It’s so good! Omg, I could vape this straight. I cannot wait for some more mixing time. So many ideas!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It’s so good! Omg, I could vape this straight. I cannot wait for some more mixing time. So many ideas!

I've been mixing entirely too much over the last few weeks and am at the point again now where I've just got to stop. I have got juice sitting everywhere. There are easily another 15 recipes I could mix up, that will bug the living mess out of me until I do, but that little devil on my shoulder's gotta shut up for a while! :blah: Bet you know about him, don't ya? That little devil? :devil:

Hey, where is @88ArDeN88 ?

VU Sponsors