Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just mixed up a Pot Luck Tobacco of 120 ML's. Took what was left in a couple of bottles and made a concoction. A little Butterscotch Graham Tobacco they no longer make, some Vanilla Cream Tobacco and Tobacco. Smells good so I will see soon.

That sounds good. I would’ve liked the Graham Tobacco. I’m thinking of getting TFA RY4 Double with some INW Dirty Neutral Base and some FA Dark Fire. For smokiness and a bit of bitter.

I really love the Vanilla Cream Tobacco. Boy, their regular Tobacco does have a berry taste. It surprised me a bit!

You know, we’re lucky in that we like tobacco flavors with flavor bans. But since we’re mixing, it may not matter!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just realized I order 1,000 Ml's of Nicotine in PG~! Damn now I have to adjust all my recipes.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That sounds good.
You know, we’re lucky in that we like tobacco flavors with flavor bans. But since we’re mixing, it may not matter!

Lucky until we're not. I hate to be a doom-sayer, but some states (like MA) cannot even order non-nicotine products, flavors included. I'm not a fan of tobacco flavors, but even those will not be shipped to me by flavor retailers. I'm good on flavors for the foreseeable future, personally. Other supplies are getting harder to get. too.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Lucky until we're not. I hate to be a doom-sayer, but some states (like MA) cannot even order non-nicotine products, flavors included. I'm not a fan of tobacco flavors, but even those will not be shipped to me by flavor retailers. I'm good on flavors for the foreseeable future, personally. Other supplies are getting harder to get. too.

I’m really sorry about that. It’s so crazy that it boggles my mind that they’re trying to legalize * all over the place, and persecuting nic vapers.

MA has an all out ban, no? If you need anything and I can help, just ask. :hug::hug:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ordered in PG too. I only use Max VG, though. How do you adjust?

Did you order 3MG Nicotine in PG or did you buy the Base e-Liquid? For me it is just a matter of adjusting the amounts to achieve my ratio of VG/PG because I buy Nicotine, VG and PG as separate components.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Use a calculator like one of these

https://ecigvape.com/#top

I also make mostly 70/30 VG/PG so with the Nic in PG I will just use less PG. Even with my High or Max still not a problem because it is only a couple of ML's difference at3MG.

Thanks, I’m vaping 3mg too. I got the nic in PG since I thought it oxidizes less that way. My other liter is in VG.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you order 3MG Nicotine in PG or did you buy the Base e-Liquid? For me it is just a matter of adjusting the amounts to achieve my ratio of VG/PG because I but Nicotine, VG and PG as separate components.

I got the 3mg Base from LB and a liter of 100mg from Vapers Tek last month. Plus a few hundred mls here and there, in both.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
first thought Deep fried brussel sprouts with an aioli sauce YUM YUM
Buttercup squash soup { made with coconut milk } yum yum
Turnips au gratin <-- thats good to...
beets would make into picked beets ...
OR... russian borscht<-- still working on the perfect recipe
never been a sweet potato person...
CARROTS yum yum
CAKE
SALAD
orange jello with pineapple mandrin orange an carrot an a custard {have the recipe @ finger tips at all times}
use shreadded carrrots, garlic and onion slices in chinese food.
POTATO'S don't even get me started
yet thats few ideas off the top of me head
you can specify anything you may be intrested an i can pm you da details..
OR BETTER YET..
WE make a cullinary room
so we don't keep JaCkInG uP Da dAiLy mIxInG room,

You've got some awesome ideas here, Bunny! I too am still working on the perfect borscht, but my feeling now, after many tries, is that there are many versions of perfection. My mom only likes a traditional Russian type--cold, pureed and beet-heavy. I prefer the chunky type with a good mix of root veg.

--Turnips with cheese: one of my faves! I boil, drain, mash, then add butter, parmesan, salt and pepper. omg, so GOOD.

I love the idea of a recipe thread if people are interested. The many cooking sites I've visited are so advertisement-laden that pages take forever to load. I'm betting a lot of mixers here (and maybe others?) are also interested in cooking, so we may get a good crow. If nobody objects to the off-topic...

Drop me a line and maybe we work out an invitation/thread intro together for those who might be interested?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, all out. Thanks, you're a sweetheart.
I'm ok for now but do so appreciate the offer :)

I’d try my best! On a cheerful food note, a recipe thread would be so much fun! Bunny’s food does always sound amazing. If she’d let us crash in her barn, I’d say let’s have a vape meet there. But sleeping bags aren’t everyone’s cuppa tea, or borscht.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Green Borscht and Vapes?

TtJ8nFh.jpg

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well, let's see. Homemade spaghetti sauce...tomato basil soup....Steve's awesome-looking chili...borscht...?:confused:?:confused:?:confused:?.....not sure the "red food" criteria really works for me! :p
apparently some body was never a POOR starving Russian peasant in some past life HU?

https://peasantfoodroyalpalates.blogspot.com/2011/02/russian-peasant-foods.html

well den ders a list of what kind of poor peasant ya might have been...
you will know when you see the Cuisine thats makes you go YUMMMMMMMMM''!

and if ya go off that premise
man I have had a LOT OF PAST LIFE'S and all of dem poor.
What is "Peasant Food?"

Peasants are known as a class of people who toil on the land. They are usually made up of small farmers and tenants, sharecroppers, farmhands and other laborers on the land where they form the main labor force in agriculture and horticulture. Peasants had to learn to utilize what they could grow or gather from the land or the sea, and then use inventive methods to cook it. Peasants didn't have the luxury to import or to buy fancy ingredients. Often, peasant fare would be considered extremely healthy by today's standards. Animal products were scarcely used and in most cases and beans and grains were used as protein sources.

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pasta Fagioli was once called Peasant Food and now you can pay $12-$15 dollars a bowl in a Pizza Joint.

This is the way of things when people with money decide (at least for the moment) that something tickles their fancy. Some call it "appropriation".

As for "peasant food", it's totally in the eye of the beholder, at least until the prices catch up with perception. Butter was unsophisticated (and much cheaper) during the years margarine was in style. Used to be able to by grass-fed Australian lamb for cheap because "eew, it tastes like lamb" and now you, if you can find it, it's priced-out of most people's budgets. And etc.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
apparently some body was never a POOR starving Russian peasant in some past life HU?

What is "Peasant Food?"

Peasants are known as a class of people who toil on the land. They are usually made up of small farmers and tenants, sharecroppers, farmhands and other laborers on the land where they form the main labor force in agriculture and horticulture. Peasants had to learn to utilize what they could grow or gather from the land or the sea, and then use inventive methods to cook it. Peasants didn't have the luxury to import or to buy fancy ingredients. Often, peasant fare would be considered extremely healthy by today's standards. Animal products were scarcely used and in most cases and beans and grains were used as protein sources.

I'm a southern girl. Our peasant food mostly came from sources that aren't politically correct to discuss any longer, so I don't see 'em on your list.

If you've got some cornbread and a big pot of peas, though, I'll be there! Or a fried chicken, yeah. Or dumplings.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

What is "Peasant Food?"

I’m all for peasant food, Bunny. Polish restaurants in NY used to make the best pierogis, blintzes, and cabbage soup. Then hipsters got hip to them, and they’re all expensive now.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm a southern girl. Our peasant food mostly came from sources that aren't politically correct to discuss any longer, so I don't see 'em on your list.

If you've got some cornbread and a big pot of peas, though, I'll be there! Or a fried chicken, yeah. Or dumplings.

I had grits instead of home fries with eggs when I was in NC. I was thrilled, actually. Southern cooking is yummy, imho

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There is another dish that you pay big bucks for in a restaurant Ziti with Cabbage. You can make a meal to feed 10 people for $3-$4 easy. In a restaurant definitely at least $15 a dish. Granted it is prepared and served but the profit margin?

That’s how restaurants make big bucks. The restaurant prices in NY are crazy. I think prices have doubled in the last 15-20 years.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That’s how restaurants make big bucks. The restaurant prices in NY are crazy. I think prices have doubled in the last 15-20 years.

Yeah, slices of Pizza or Pies are smaller and cost more. It is crazy what they charge for a cup of coffee.

Also not so much they are making Big Bucks it is paying the rent and these assholes like AOC with the $15 minimum wage.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, slices of Pizza or Pies are smaller and cost more. It is crazy what they charge for a cup of coffee.

My dad always used to say coffee is how they make their money.

It seems like so many people are staying in and cooking their own food now, though.
We got an order from a diner round here for breakfast and it was almost $75 for two people, with some extras thrown in like extra coffee and some extra toasted muffins. Jeez!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My dad always used to say coffee is how they make their money.

It seems like so many people are staying in and cooking their own food now, though.
We got an order from a diner round here for breakfast and it was almost $75 for two people, with some extras thrown in like extra coffee and some extra toasted muffins. Jeez!

$75 for breakfast for two? Jeez, we don't pay even half that for breakfast on vacation down here. Big breakfast at Virginia Beach, bacon/eggs/pecan waffles/coffee or sausage/eggs/grits/toast or biscuits/coffee for about $15 MAX per person, and I thought that was high. Country-style restaurant in the town I work in, fantastic breakfast with coffee for less than $7 per person, not including gratuities.

One of the enjoyable things I did during my one trip to NYC was a very nice steak dinner at Smith & Wollensky. I'd hate to even know what that would cost now.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Can I get some input on Graham Cracker Clear TPA? like steep time, percents in good recipes, ya know?
Hey Meg, I used it in a Blueberry recipe i made.
It called for 5% to be used. I can taste it a little bit.
Also, a vape shop near me uses it in some of their recipes. The guy tells me it has some type of alcohol in it (can't remember the exact name).
He says when steeping, remove the cap to let it evaporate for about 5 minutes at a time.
As far as steep time, i guess that depends on what going in with it.
3 weeks for me because of the CAP Vanilla Custard and other Creams i used.
Good luck

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey Meg, I used it in a Blueberry recipe i made.
It called for 5% to be used. I can taste it a little bit.
Also, a vape shop near me uses it in some of their recipes. The guy tells me it has some type of alcohol in it (can't remember the exact name).
He says when steeping, remove the cap to let it evaporate for about 5 minutes at a time.
As far as steep time, i guess that depends on what going in with it.
3 weeks for me because of the CAP Vanilla Custard and other Creams i used.
Good luck

Ethyl alcohol, yeah... got to let that stuff disappear, or yuck city for me - I'll shake the hell out of it, cap off and repeat shake every time I notice there arent any bubbles left, that usually works well

Thanks!

also, is it supposed to actually be clear? Mine is caramel-y colored

Last edited:

VU Sponsors