Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ethyl alcohol, yeah... got to let that stuff disappear, or yuck city for me

Thanks!

also, is it supposed to actually be clear? Mine is caramel-y colored
Mine has a light caramel color also.
According to TFA, the clear designation doesn't describe it's color. It means it has one less chemical in it (can't remember what it was) than the regular graham cracker flavor.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I added 2% LB Vanilla Cream Tobacco to my Crom’s Custard mix. But it’s still not smoky enough. I’m trying to get it more dense with a slightly smoky exhale. I had more luck with the Kings Custard one shot when I added the VCT, though. But Crom’s Custard is a lighter sweeter custard. I may add another 2% in a few days. Although I shaked and vaped it. :impatient:

I bought so much stuff this sale between mods, nic, glycerine and flavors, I’m holding back from buying Dark Fire and Dirty Neutral Base. I’m wanting to experiment with tobs and with custards and cakes. But I’ll get them before Christmas at this rate.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ethyl alcohol, yeah... got to let that stuff disappear, or yuck city for me - I'll shake the hell out of it, cap off and repeat shake every time I notice there arent any bubbles left, that usually works well

Thanks!

also, is it supposed to actually be clear? Mine is caramel-y colored
It clear compared to the regular graham cracker.....a lot darker.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 151029

mixed this up. kind of adapted it from somewhere, but it wasn't on ELR and I can't remember if it was from here or not (maybe an @Smoky Blue recipe?) regardless, I just started vaping it this morning and it is wonderful.

edit: it was @wildgypsy70 Coconut Bread Pudding that gave me the idea.

I'll definitely try this one. Have had such problems with coconut, even Flv SC, but it may be that I'm drowning it out with backup flavors. Will try this one your way except for cookie subs. Just can't do FA Cookie.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll definitely try this one. Have had such problems with coconut, even Flv SC, but it may be that I'm drowning them out with backup flavors. Will try this one your way except for cookie subs. Just can't do FA Cookie.
If you have trouble tasting coconut, you can back the FLV SC up with some FA Coco at the same % and it should give a nice boost. The coconut isn't super prominent, but I definitely taste it. I don't know of any sub for RF Sugar Cookie, it is my favorite. It's like a soft baked sugar cookie. It is wonderful. FA Cookie you could leave out all together and back the cookie up with CAP Sugar Cookie instead.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If you have trouble tasting coconut, you can back the FLV SC up with some FA Coco at the same % and it should give a nice boost. The coconut isn't super prominent, but I definitely taste it. I don't know of any sub for RF Sugar Cookie, it is my favorite. It's like a soft baked sugar cookie. It is wonderful. FA Cookie you could leave out all together and back the cookie up with CAP Sugar Cookie instead.

Sounds almost like Flv Pound Cake would be the RF SC sub, and Cap SC the FA Cookie sub.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
TFA Cheesecake.....:blech:

TFA RY4 is wonderful.....barely a tobacco, more of a caramel/dessert. So yummy. RocketPuppy’s recipe is lovely. Nutty caramel tobacco. Perfect.

So maybe the RY4 Double with a hint of Dark Fire or Dirty Neutral Base? I like to add tobacco flavors to other stuff. It seems to add complexity to the mix. ( Yep, that sounded really pompous. Sorry. Lol)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I kind of got into Dinner Lady Lemon Tart a bit this year. I've been buying the actual liquid but haven't tried many recipes. What I think is good about it is that really bright lemon flavor. Has anybody ever gotten close to recreating that? I don't have an abundance of lemon concentrates but I do have a lot of the popular ones. I seem to remember @wildgypsy70 going after it. Flavors from Europe and all that jazz. Are there any recipes that I need to try out?

I guess what I'm trying to say, which recipe has come closest to that bright lemon flavor in Dinner Lady?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Black Fire or INW Dirty Neutral Base. Black Fire I have to use at like 0.1% otherwise it's all I can taste. Dirty Neutral Base gives more of that ashy taste. I think I like that one better or maybe both together in very low doses.

I forgot to as you, is that small a percentage done in drops? I’m not sure how to measure that low. Hope your holiday went well!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I kind of got into Dinner Lady Lemon Tart a bit this year. I've been buying the actual liquid but haven't tried many recipes. What I think is good about it is that really bright lemon flavor. Has anybody ever gotten close to recreating that? I don't have an abundance of lemon concentrates but I do have a lot of the popular ones. I seem to remember @wildgypsy70 going after it. Flavors from Europe and all that jazz. Are there any recipes that I need to try out?

I guess what I'm trying to say, which recipe has come closest to that bright lemon flavor in Dinner Lady?

It seemed like everybody and their brother was after it at one point. Even DIY or Die was working on it.

I haven't tried the authentic DLLT. Having said that, still the best recipe for something along that line that I've tried is Lemon Tart V4 from voodootroll on ELR. A word about lemon flavors though - they fade - except for Flavors Express Lemon. Next best in my opinion is Inw's Lemon Mix. I subbed for FA Lemon Sicily with FE Lemon.

http://tjek.nu/r/e5rc

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I’m vaping Hic’s Heart of the Andes right now ! And with your link to the recipe, I read that HIC recommended 1.5% of FA Cocoa to someone wanting the full Andes.

I have none of those flavors yet, but it sounds yummy. It seems like it’s very close to the juice VR made for me.

Have you heard from his wife at all? I hope he knows we all just love him for himself. I miss him, he’s a fun person.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It seemed like everybody and their brother was after it at one point. Even DIY or Die was working on it.

I haven't tried the authentic DLLT. Having said that, still the best recipe for something along that line that I've tried is Lemon Tart V4 from voodootroll on ELR. A word about lemon flavors though - they fade - except for Flavors Express Lemon. Next best in my opinion is Inw's Lemon Mix. I subbed for FA Lemon Sicily with FE Lemon.

http://tjek.nu/r/e5rc
I might try this one out. But from the looks of it, I don't think it will be close. I think the lemon(s?) in dinner lady must be pushed to a high percentage. I could be way off but I'm not sure there's even a LMP flavor in it.

For me, the lemon is the star of the show. It's not overly creamy and the crust flavor is there, but its balanced out nicely. It's like I hardly notice it unless I'm thinking about it.

I gotta start somewhere though. I have the flavors to make that one. I'll collect a few more and try some out. Maybe I'll have a better idea after some experience in this realm.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I might try this one out. But from the looks of it, I don't think it will be close. I think the lemon(s?) in dinner lady must be pushed to a high percentage. I could be way off but I'm not sure there's even a LMP flavor in it.

For me, the lemon is the star of the show. It's not overly creamy and the crust flavor is there, but its balanced out nicely. It's like I hardly notice it unless I'm thinking about it.

I gotta start somewhere though. I have the flavors to make that one. I'll collect a few more and try some out. Maybe I'll have a better idea after some experience in this realm.
I’ve tried that recipe & its ok. The best I’ve tried is Nick Evans:

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2930071/Lemon meringue pie - the best yet.

it’s not a clone of Dinner Lady Lemon Tart though. But it’s really really good imho.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Quick question for any of you experienced mixers out there.

How long are flavors good for and is there any specific way to make them last longer?

I'm new at this and have been buying a bunch. Just picked up 25 flavors during black Friday and am prepared to buy a bunch more of what I know I like so far when the holiday sales start later this month but don't want to over buy if they won't be good when it's time to use them.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have none of those flavors yet, but it sounds yummy. It seems like it’s very close to the juice VR made for me.

Have you heard from his wife at all? I hope he knows we all just love him for himself. I miss him, he’s a fun person.
I’ve spied him in convo on Tapatalk a few times. I guess he’s not ready for full forum life yet. We miss ya, @VAPEROXX !!!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

How long are flavors good for and is there any specific way to make them last longer?

I'm new at this and have been buying a bunch. Just picked up 25 flavors during black Friday and am prepared to buy a bunch more of what I know I like so far when the holiday sales start later this month but don't want to over buy if they won't be good when it's time to use them.
Keep em in a cool, dark place. Light and temp will make them turn sooner. You have a few years, as of now. And for a lot of them, they don’t go bad, per se. They just lose potency.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 151029

mixed this up. kind of adapted it from somewhere, but it wasn't on ELR and I can't remember if it was from here or not (maybe an @Smoky Blue recipe?) regardless, I just started vaping it this morning and it is wonderful.

edit: it was @wildgypsy70 Coconut Bread Pudding that gave me the idea.
Sounds yummy, gonna whip this up. I need to sub the coconut with the FE one I have and I use sugar daddy but it should still be good I think.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Chef's Flavours UK has a dozen one-shots of Dinner Lady juices, but no Lemon Tart.

It’s a Dinner Lady Lemon Meringue one shot. Of course there’s no Lemon Tart one shot, because then everyone could make it themselves!
I’ll have to splurge on one shots from Chef’s. Thanks!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I’ve spied him in convo on Tapatalk a few times. I guess he’s not ready for full forum life yet. We miss ya, @VAPEROXX !!!

That’s odd, because someone here said he’d been back and to look at his profile. And it said something like last seen November something, not that long ago.

Maybe he’s not ready to be all the way into a vaping social life. I don’t think he’s smoking though. But who knows. I hope we see him again. I miss him too, but I’ve sent him a couple PMs and it’s enough. But I hope he comes back!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I know others don’t but I refrigerate expensive ones like Flavorah & backups. For larger backups I put them in the freezer.

I believe normal shelf life is 2 years. It should be labeled on your bottle.

edit: but I have some flavors that are 4 years old that I have either stored in the fridge or in a cool dark place & they’re all fine.

Last edited:

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know others don’t but I refrigerate expensive ones like Flavorah & backups. For larger backups I put them in the freezer.

I believe normal shelf life is 2 years. It should be labeled on your bottle.

edit: but I have some flavors that are 4 years old that I have either stored in the fridge or in a cool dark place & they’re all fine.
Refrigeration actually makes sense, I'm sure there's some room in the garage beer fridge, lol

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forgot to as you, is that small a percentage done in drops? I’m not sure how to measure that low. Hope your holiday went well!
I don't measure in drops. If it is a strong flavor I will make a 10% dilution and use it that way. So 1 part FA Black Fire and 9 parts pg. So if you are using 0.1% of the normal concentrate in the recipe, use 1% of the dilution. It makes it much easier to measure accurately. I do this with the INW Waffle that I have and still only use it at 0.25% and it is strong hahahah. FLV Rich cinnamon is another.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@Smoky Blue
HOW da HELL did you make
PISTACHIO??
IRISH CREAM??
and BUTTERSCOTCH??
taste like carrot Cake??
ITS REALLY GOOD Smoky..
an its CARROT CAKE not some god awful thing
just calling itself carrot cake..
your could have knocked me over with a feather
Its carrot cake.
carrot cake.jpg
GOOD JOB!

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Lol! I wish I got close. I made some good lemon tarts, though! @VAPEROXX thought that Dinner Lady had a proprietary bakery flavoring.....which is why we couldn’t nail the bakery aspect. Or....we just hadn’t stumbled on it yet. Either way, it was fun trying!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol! I wish I got close. I made some good lemon tarts, though! @VAPEROXX thought that Dinner Lady had a proprietary bakery flavoring.....which is why we couldn’t nail the bakery aspect. Or....we just hadn’t stumbled on it yet. Either way, it was fun trying!
honestly the closest I've gotten is with a good amount of CAP SL Fruit Circles. DL LT has a cereal taste. I didn't understand it until I tried it. It is really tough to nail though. I have kind of put it on the side. I got the LT salt nic for my pod and loved it, so I tried to recreate it and was kind of on the right track, but not close enough.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
honestly the closest I've gotten is with a good amount of CAP SL Fruit Circles. DL LT has a cereal taste. I didn't understand it until I tried it. It is really tough to nail though. I have kind of put it on the side. I got the LT salt nic for my pod and loved it, so I tried to recreate it and was kind of on the right track, but not close enough.
I still think about it! Hahaha! I revisit it, on occasion, hoping I’ll have a great idea. I think I’m gonna give it another go.....

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't measure in drops. If it is a strong flavor I will make a 10% dilution and use it that way. So 1 part FA Black Fire and 9 parts pg. So if you are using 0.1% of the normal concentrate in the recipe, use 1% of the dilution. It makes it much easier to measure accurately. I do this with the INW Waffle that I have and still only use it at 0.25% and it is strong hahahah. FLV Rich cinnamon is another.
My god..............THAT'S what's wrong with my waffle then! Okay I am going to make a 10% dilution. I had put it away in my ( not so great ) box but now I think I will try it again. Thank you!!

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Awwwww, thanks! I’m trying....I just threw another version together tonight, along with a Corn Bread Pudding. Getting closer and closer. We shall see.....
oh nice, can't wait to see the recipes. I do like the CBP that I make a little better now that I am using a 10% dilution of FA corn instead of the kettle corn

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have y'all heard of or tried Cornflake Tart? When I stumbled across it, read the flavors in it, I had to do a recipe. Will mix it later today after I mull it over a bit more.

Strawberry jam, maple syrup, and sweet cornflakes. I assume that's in a custard pie filling base. Sounds super yummy to me.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
hey smoky
you would not happen to have a andes mint recipe..
have the flavorah
cream de mint <-- thought thats could be fun at christmas

also am getting excited here
ONLY 2 more days to carrot cake!
yum yum

Andies mints are easy!

.4% Cream de Menthe
.2% milk chocolate
.4% Cream and Cookies
.2% -.6% Peppermint
.12% coconut

So many add on's you can try too.. peanut butter, caramel, beer nuts, pralines or pistachios... (but then it wont be just an andies lol) and the coconut in it helps the milk chocolate to even out..

how'd the carrot cake turn out for you?? :)

and btw.. my shots are now up on my site.. new site look and all kinds of fun things.. will be adding to my notes again this week. If you have a flavor you need notes on.. tag me.. been way too busy for my own good. :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@Smoky Blue
HOW da HELL did you make
PISTACHIO??
IRISH CREAM??
and BUTTERSCOTCH??
taste like carrot Cake??
ITS REALLY GOOD Smoky..
an its CARROT CAKE not some god awful thing
just calling itself carrot cake..
your could have knocked me over with a feather
Its carrot cake.
View attachment 151075
GOOD JOB!

haha!! If I tell ya i'd have to..... :D

Happy you like it @DaBunny .. mix more, you will need it :p

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have y'all heard of or tried Cornflake Tart? When I stumbled across it, read the flavors in it, I had to do a recipe. Will mix it later today after I mull it over a bit more.

Strawberry jam, maple syrup, and sweet cornflakes. I assume that's in a custard pie filling base. Sounds super yummy to me.
I have, actually. I tried Nick Evans’ version. Was good, but I think it could be done better. That said, can’t wait to see your version!!!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Thanks, I wouldn’t have thought of doing that, but it makes really perfect sense. Sigh, I keep forgetting to buy PG.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Andies mints are easy!

.4% Cream de Menthe
.2% milk chocolate
.4% Cream and Cookies
.2% -.6% Peppermint
.12% coconut

So many add on's you can try too.. peanut butter, caramel, beer nuts, pralines or pistachios... (but then it wont be just an andies lol) and the coconut in it helps the milk chocolate to even out..

how'd the carrot cake turn out for you?? :)

and btw.. my shots are now up on my site.. new site look and all kinds of fun things.. will be adding to my notes again this week. If you have a flavor you need notes on.. tag me.. been way too busy for my own good. :)

Smoky, I’m so happy you’ve got one shots. Right now it’s about all I feel really comfortable with. Plus, I get an idea of how the recipe tastes.

You’ve got amazing flavors! I wish I’d known sooner, but I’ll treat myself to a bunch for the holidays. Really looking forward to these! :hug::hug: for these.

Edit: I placed an order just now.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors