Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doing some more testing today.....TFA Vanilla Custard II. FB reminded me about it. It’s fabulous.....like Custard Premium and VCV1 had a deliciously buttery, milky vanilla baby. And needs no steeping! I’ve had it steeping for about 3 days now and it just gets richer....but off the shake, it’s already yummy. I will never give up Custard Premium, but this one is a verrrrrry close second or shares the #1 spot for me.
Thanks! On da list it goes ;)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks! I’ll go look on Amazon :) do ya think its worth getting for this one recipe? Perhaps I’ll try the TFA Pie Crust but at either 2% or 1.75%.
You’re asking the wrong person! Lol! I will always say it’s worth it. It is my favorite pie crust....if that helps.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pur buttermint fans, I was told that it has been discontinued. I'm trying to verify this info, but it's the weekend. Has anyone here heard this?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Pur buttermint fans, I was told that it has been discontinued. I'm trying to verify this info, but it's the weekend. Has anyone here heard this?
I haven't heard anything. Riversupply.com (Nicotine River) still carries it. It's half off there, $0.70 for 15 ml, so maybe it's going bye-bye

ETA: it is being discontinued the listing for it at riversupply is in their discontinued listing. https://riversupplyco.com/collections/discontinued-flavors-50-off

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So, couple of pineapple flavors came in today. FLV Pineapple and the VT Sugarloaf. I made 10ml's of each recipe using the different pineapples. Now I already know FLV is strong so I halved it. I'm getting a horrid chemical after taste from this one. I have about 5 or 6 FLV flavors I have tried and they have all been winners and I will continue to use those but this one, nope. Now I am going to try taking it down even more and see if the chemical taste goes away and maybe steeping awhile will also soften that. I mean I guess there is always going to be a few flavors of a certain brand that do not click but for all the rest of them so far I have been pleased with FLV flavors.

Now the Sugarloaf. It's nice, still not where I would like it as far as my mix and it wont replace my JF Pineapple but it's not bad. I like the mellow sweetness from this one and no off notes. I still have a few other brands I can get next month to try but I am going to just pony up the extra $$$ and get the JF at nicgiant.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So, couple of pineapple flavors came in today. FLV Pineapple and the VT Sugarloaf. I made 10ml's of each recipe using the different pineapples. Now I already know FLV is strong so I halved it. I'm getting a horrid chemical after taste from this one. I have about 5 or 6 FLV flavors I have tried and they have all been winners and I will continue to use those but this one, nope. Now I am going to try taking it down even more and see if the chemical taste goes away and maybe steeping awhile will also soften that. I mean I guess there is always going to be a few flavors of a certain brand that do not click but for all the rest of them so far I have been pleased with FLV flavors.

Now the Sugarloaf. It's nice, still not where I would like it as far as my mix and it wont replace my JF Pineapple but it's not bad. I like the mellow sweetness from this one and no off notes. I still have a few other brands I can get next month to try but I am going to just pony up the extra $$$ and get the JF at nicgiant.
Well, that’s disappointing!

Did I mention MB Funky Pineapple? Maybe one to add to your list of potential tries.

Oops. I did mention it a few pages back.....

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I put in an order, I don't know of any other vendors for it.

Just a thought....I bet you could use the combination of Cap Butter Cream and Flv Creme de Menthe in place of a buttermint flavor, with a little experimentation. Ratio of maybe 4 or 5 to 1, since Flv is concentrated?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't heard anything. Riversupply.com (Nicotine River) still carries it. It's half off there, $0.70 for 15 ml, so maybe it's going bye-bye

ETA: it is being discontinued the listing for it at riversupply is in their discontinued listing. https://riversupplyco.com/collections/discontinued-flavors-50-off
Thanks for the link. I use TFA Silly Rabbit for someone who really likes it. 4Oz. for $2.70, um yeah. I'll take atleast one of those. I'm looking over the rest of them now.

Both Hangsen Cream and Ice Cream are $1.39 for 15ml. I haven't used them much, but both are fine flavors that usually cost a lot more per/ml. 15ml should last a long time as well. Both are pretty potent IIRC.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just a thought....I bet you could use the combination of Cap Butter Cream and Flv Creme de Menthe in place of a buttermint flavor, with a little experimentation. Ratio of maybe 4 or 5 to 1, since Flv is concentrated?
I’m thinking this could do it. I might buy some and play around to see if I come close.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I’m thinking this could do it. I might buy some and play around to see if I come close.

I just got the Flv Creme de Menthe in the other day. Am going to add some of it to my Butter Mint Milkshake today to see how it is.

The FW Creme de Menthe, even after I boosted it once already, has nearly disappeared. Very, very disappointing, because this recipe was amazing when I first mixed it.

Ok let me see if my mental math was right. If 44 drops equals one ml, then 22 drops equals 1/2 ml.

In a 30ml bottle, 1% is 0.3 ml. 1.5% is 0.45 ml. Approximately 20 drops.

I have half of a 30ml bottle of juice left. I want 1.5% of Flv CDM in it. If 20 drops is 1.5% of 30 ml, then 10 drops is 1.5% of 15ml. I'd added 9 drops. Close enough, although they were very tiny drops.

I think when I remix this, 1.5% (at weight) is going to be the right amount, that is IF the Flv does not fade.

Going to rewick this Wasp Nano and see how it is.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just got the Flv Creme de Menthe in the other day. Am going to add some of it to my Butter Mint Milkshake today to see how it is.

The FW Creme de Menthe, even after I boosted it once already, has nearly disappeared. Very, very disappointing, because this recipe was amazing when I first mixed it.

Ok let me see if my mental math was right. If 44 drops equals one ml, then 22 drops equals 1/2 ml.

In a 30ml bottle, 1% is 0.3 ml. 1.5% is 0.45 ml. Approximately 20 drops.

I have half of a 30ml bottle of juice left. I want 1.5% of Flv CDM in it. If 20 drops is 1.5% of 30 ml, then 10 drops is 1.5% of 15ml. I'd added 9 drops. Close enough, although they were very tiny drops.

I think when I remix this, 1.5% (at weight) is going to be the right amount, that is IF the Flv does not fade.

Going to rewick this Wasp Nano and see how it is.
You go, girl! I hope the FLV is what you’re looking for! Mint is such a pain in the ass, sometimes....all that fading. Booooooo.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You go, girl! I hope the FLV is what you’re looking for! Mint is such a pain in the ass, sometimes....all that fading. Booooooo.

The Flv is seriously yummy right this minute. Skepticism is in place. lol

I've modified my recipe to use 1.7% FW and 1.5% Flv CDM. We'll see. :) The FW does have some soft sweetness and buttery notes that I'd like to keep.

Thanks gypsy for the Flv suggestion!

ETA: Kudos to @The Cromwell once again too. I went ahead and rebuilt the Wasp Nano using his top-secret coil size and composition, and I see why he likes it so much. Could have stopped with one wrap less for my taste, but this is great nonetheless. 3mm SS 26ga parallel, maybe 7 wraps, my damn eyesight isn't that good, came out to 0.38 ohms. Perfection in this tiny little RDA. Very nice!

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I use it stand alone at 5%. I do have a few testers going, trying with some chocolate, with some vanilla swirl, with some added butter. But I love it all by itself!

It sounds like a mint cream flavored juice I’ve been trying to copy. Thanks!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Flv is seriously yummy right this minute. Skepticism is in place. lol

I've modified my recipe to use 1.7% FW and 1.5% Flv CDM. We'll see. :) The FW does have some soft sweetness and buttery notes that I'd like to keep.

Thanks gypsy for the Flv suggestion!

ETA: Kudos to @The Cromwell once again too. I went ahead and rebuilt the Wasp Nano using his top-secret coil size and composition, and I see why he likes it so much. Could have stopped with one wrap less for my taste, but this is great nonetheless. 3mm SS 26ga parallel, maybe 7 wraps, my damn eyesight isn't that good, came out to 0.38 ohms. Perfection in this tiny little RDA. Very nice!
Nice! I hope it works for you!

I’m definitely going to try the Wasp configuration. I like my Wasps and would love to love my Wasps. Easy coil to make! Yay!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Omg, I just bought more flavors..............

but that River Supply discontinued section called to me.......damn. And I wanted that Purilum Butter Mint.....so, of course, I cannot just order one flavor? Blasphemy, that is. So I picked up a few more.....that 50% off.....damn!

Someone needs to stop me.........:devil:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

but that River Supply discontinued section called to me.......damn. And I wanted that Purilum Butter Mint.....so, of course, I cannot just order one flavor? Blasphemy, that is. So I picked up a few more.....that 50% off.....damn!

I was looking there last night until my battery needed recharging on my phone! I think I’m gonna get a bunch, plus a big Butter Cream.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I did the same thing earlier today. Hard not to, with those prices. Have been wanting a Fruit Circles flavor, and a Kiwi to try, hadn't tried FA Cinnamon Ceylon, what a shame, was nearly out of Bavarian Cream, blah blah blah. You know how it is. :) I practiced some restraint, could have done worse.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

Deb.. not sure how much Pineapple you used, but I run it from .4% to 1% with no issues.. I wont push it higher, it will take over a recipe.. but it is delish!! I like to add some jack fruit [.4%] with it, along with marshmallow vanilla [1%] for a fluffy pineapple solo.. the jack fruit and mmv give it body and texture.. if you toss in some ice [3 drops in 30] its a cool pineapple! :)

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! I’ve read that TFA Pie Crust over 2% can taste burnt & is best used under 2%.
I like the TFA Pie Crust at 2%, but I always try & support it with 1-1.5% FA Cookie. You shouldn't get the burnt taste that some folks experience & the tad of extra depth & slight sweetness isn't necessarily a bad thing either. I don't know if you've tried my Lemon Meringue Pie, but that combination really works well in it as well a lemon lime fruit pie I'm working out.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, and today was mix day. I'm now set for the next 3 months.

60ml favorite re-runs-
HH Lemon Custard Donuts (original)
Ckemist's Saturday Cartoons (modified)
DC Originals' Cactus Tropical
Chapel's Straw Water (modified)
HH Strawberries & Cream (original)
Starman's Aurora Dreams
Fatboy's Rapture (modified)
ddirtyvapes' Dragon Punch (modified)
HH Creamy Butter Pecan (original)
HH Strawberry Ice Cream (original)
Epod Vapes' Superman (modified)
HH Blaq Origins clone (original)
HH 'Lil Poundcake (original)
HH Fat Kid Remix (original)
HH Double Mix (original)

15ml tester/works in progress-
HH Pink Milk V2 (original)
Tony the Tiger's Butter My Blueberry Biscuit (modified)
HH Captain Crunch Berry (original)
UK Homebrew's Nasty Juuice Bad Blood clone (modified)
HH Sweet Blue Raspberry (original)
Darth Vapor's Veruca Viola (modified)
noodlerz's Raspberry Cream (modified)
HH Blue on Black V2 (original)
Mike Literus' Screwberry clone (modified)
Ckemist's Frosted Pink'nilla 'Nade
Michelle Hughes' Dark Island Seduction (modified)
Mystic Rose's Butterscotch Blues (modified)
nadalama's Five Pawns Queenside clone
Pro_Vapes' Whipped Butter Cream (modified)
Skullblade's Home Churned Ice Cream (modified)
HH Red, Yellow & Blue (original)
HH Lemon Lime Fruit Pie V2 (original)
debinnv's Lemon Tart (slightly modified)
HH Cotton Candy (original)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

60ml favorite re-runs-
Starman's Aurora Dreams
HH Double Mix (original)

Goddamm, Howard! I always forget how much you mix at a time.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

60ml favorite re-runs-
Starman's Aurora Dreams
HH Double Mix (original)

@Howard Hughes I am absolutely horrified to ask you this, but better to ask than not. Did the recipe you used for the Queenside have FW Blood Orange listed?

I went looking to see where I posted the recipe, and found it in one of @Mykreign 's threads MISSING THE BLOOD ORANGE. YIKES!!!

If that's the one you used, please add 3.5% of FW Blood Orange to your Queenside mix. Or 3% of FA, if that's what you have.

This is so embarrassing. I'm so sorry.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Howard Hughes I am absolutely horrified to ask you this, but better to ask than not. Did the recipe you used for the Queenside have FW Blood Orange listed?

I went looking to see where I posted the recipe, and found it in one of @Mykreign 's threads MISSING THE BLOOD ORANGE. YIKES!!!

If that's the one you used, please add 3.5% of FW Blood Orange to your Queenside mix. Or 3% of FA, if that's what you have.

This is so embarrassing. I'm so sorry.
No problem my friend. The recipe I used called for 4% FW, but I like the FA & went 3.25%.

3.25% FA Blood Orange
3% CAP French Vanilla
3% TFA Orange Cream
10% CAP Vanilla Custard
.2% TFA Vanillin

I believe somewhere I read it needed 3 weeks. That sound about right?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
No problem my friend. The recipe I used called for 4% FW, but I like the FA & went 3.25%.

3.25% FA Blood Orange
3% CAP French Vanilla
3% TFA Orange Cream
10% CAP Vanilla Custard
.2% TFA Vanillin

Yes, that sounds right. At least 2 weeks, 3 is better.

Oh jeez, that got my heart going! I hate it when things like that happen! :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey! It’s Monday! Time for another picture!! Yum!View attachment 152962

Not mixed yet, but here's a rough draft, with orange marmalade in place of strawberries:

Crepe du Soleil

Almond Cookie (SC) (WF) 2%
Banana Cream Pie (FE) 2.8%
Chocolate Fudge Brownie (Cap) 0.75%
Cinnamon Crunch (Flv) 0.8%
Citrus / Sicilian Mix (Agrumi) (FA) 1.25%
Cocoa (Cacao) (FA) 1.5%
Nutella Type (FW) 2.5%
Orange Marmalade (VTA) 2.8%
Pie Crust (FW) 1%
Powdered Sugar (OOO) 1%
Sweetener (Sucralose) (FW) 0.4%

Total flavors 16.8%

ETA: Remove TFA Ripe Banana, add 0.4% to FE Banana Cream Pie, add 0.8% Flv Cinnamon Crunch (1/8/20) and update totals

ETA2: Bump Banana Cream Pie by 0.2%, Orange Marmalade by 0.3%, add Chocolate Fudge Brownie at 0.75%, and I think this is done. Needs fairly low power and about 4 or 5 days to steep. I'm running it at 0.6 ohms (RBA), 22W in a Vinci X AIO.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

3.25% FA Blood Orange
3% CAP French Vanilla
3% TFA Orange Cream
10% CAP Vanilla Custard
.2% TFA Vanillin

How does vanillin differ from vanilla?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the TFA Pie Crust at 2%, but I always try & support it with 1-1.5% FA Cookie. You shouldn't get the burnt taste that some folks experience & the tad of extra depth & slight sweetness isn't necessarily a bad thing either. I don't know if you've tried my Lemon Meringue Pie, but that combination really works well in it as well a lemon lime fruit pie I'm working out.
Thanks I’ll try that combo. I’m not too sure if I’ve tried yours, I have to look through my notes as I’ve tried so many LMP :D

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

60ml favorite re-runs-
Starman's Aurora Dreams
HH Double Mix (original)

Wow! You must be pooped lol!

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not mixed yet, but here's a rough draft, with orange marmalade in place of strawberries:

Crepe du Soleil

Almond Cookie (SC) (WF) 2%
Banana Cream Pie (FE) 2.2%
Citrus / Sicilian Mix (Agrumi) (FA) 1.25%
Cocoa (Cacao) (FA) 1.5%
Nutella Type (FW) 2.5%
Orange Marmalade (VTA) 2.5%
Pie Crust (FW) 1%
Powdered Sugar (OOO) 1%
Ripe Banana (TPA) 0.4%
Sweetener (Sucralose) (FW) 0.4%

Total flavors 14.75%
You folks are too advanced for me. The shit i made last week hasn't even steeped yet!

VU Sponsors