1. FLASH: DISCUSSWELLNESS.COM IS OPEN TO VU MEMBERS - BETA TESTING

VAPING UNDERGROUNDS FORUM SOFTWARE IS BEING UPGRADED.

The Daily Mixing Thread

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - General Discussion' started by Mykreign, Sep 30, 2017.

1. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Hun, you sent me some already! Thank you!

2. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Lol! Shit! My memory sucks. Use the Legendary. It’s closer to the Premium than the FLV.

edit.....or you could mix the two to thicken up the Legendary? Say 3-4% Legendary and 0.5-75 of the FLV? Might do the trick.

Also, maybe the TFA Vanilla Custard II might be up your alley. It’s similar to the Premium, but not as eggy or thick.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    Rhianne, Heartsdelight and nadalama like this.
  3. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Ok, will do! I'll let you know how it comes out. Also mixing the Lime Cooler and a new Chocolate Buttercream recipe this afternoon, while I have the house to myself.

4. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Chocolate buttercream, you say? Hot damn! That sounds lush!

Heartsdelight and nadalama like this.
  5. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Chocolate Buttercream

Butter Cream (CAP) 3%
    Chocolate (FA) 2.5%
    Chocolate Fudge Brownie (CAP) 0.5%
    Cocoa (Cacao) (FA) 1.25%
    Cream Cheese Icing (LA) 2.6%
    Ethyl Vanillin 10% (TPA) 1%
    Reindeer Poop (FW) 1% (or other AP enhancer)
    Sweetener (Sucralose) (FW) 0.75%

Total flavors 12.6%

It's pretty close to what I had in mind - a light chocolate frosting/glaze type a'thing. Has a bit of an alcohol taste to it right now, but that will steep out.

May (probably will) get heavier, but right now, not as heavy as I expected. Really, for coils, that's a good thing! :)

6. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    The Pebbles ice cream bar that was last week's challenge? Well, I think I missed on this one. Tastes like Rainbow Drops. No cereal at all, and the ice cream has disappeared. Will give it some time in the box, but don't have high hopes for it.

Heartsdelight and wildgypsy70 like this.
  7. Just Frank

Just Frank Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Sorry, off topic but,

Whoever suggested trying those Lotus Biscoff cookies with coffee, thank you. OMG those are so good. I kept telling myself, "Okay, just one more". Then I'd proceed to eat another lol.

I'd take one, wipe some of that cookie butter on it, then dunk it in my coffee for a couple of seconds, then eat it. It was addicting stuff. New favorite, right here.. *points at the goodies* :D

8. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Monday, Monday....... 021322BA-6745-4C9E-99A9-FE599F2E4C7E.jpeg

9. 88ArDeN88

88ArDeN88 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I feel like this will be difficult to recreate, but I will give it a go. I still never mixed my fruity pebbles bar. Too much to do

10. 88ArDeN88

88ArDeN88 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
  11. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Berry Cheese Danish

Black Cherry (FA) 1%
    Butter Cream (Cap) 1%
    Cream Cheese Icing (LA) 2.5%
    Croissant (WF) 2.5%
    Glazed Doughnut (Cap) 1%
    Lemonade (HS) 1.5%
    Marshmallow (FA) 1.5%
    Mascarpone Cheese (WF) 1.5%
    Murph Berries (DIYFS) 2.5%
    Powdered Sugar (OOO) 1%
    Sugar Cookie (Cap) 1%

Total flavors 17%

I can't get to a recipe calculator right now, so this looks pretty ho-hum. It is what it is. :)

Might add some lemon to it, too. Well, I did add some.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020 at 4:13 PM
  12. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Just mixed up a 120ML bottle of Jungle Flavors RY4 Double at 1%

Heartsdelight and Rhianne like this.
  13. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Last time I made it I remembered it being too strong for my liking so I went with less. Can always add but you can't take out.

Heartsdelight and Rhianne like this.
  14. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I told you, they are amazing with coffee! Those really are the “bet you can’t eat just one” cookies. Yummy-licious!
    Glad you enjoyed them so much!

Heartsdelight likes this.
  15. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Wow, I got TFA RY4 Double recently. Did you add anything else or just mixed it on its own?

Heartsdelight and SteveS45 like this.
  16. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    RY4 is already a combination of flavors like Caramel. No need to mess with it. I actually used Hot Water to speed the infusion and trying it right now. By bringing the percentage down it is more enjoyable and should get stronger as time goes on.

Rhianne and Heartsdelight like this.
  17. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    I don't have FA Apricot. I thought I did but I guess not. It's used in last years Reddit DIY recipe of the year Counter Punch by Idiot. I have TFA, and INW Apricot. Not sure which is closer but I figured potency-wise maybe Inawera's was closer and used that.

All the Flavors website won't load for me.. That site is garbage at times so I'll just upload photos.
    Screenshot_2020-02-01-20-50-00-1.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-01-20-50-06-1.png

I like it. The cherry part is somewhat light but it's definitely a good cherry flavor. I've tried a few that tasted more like cough drops, but this isn't like that.. I think it's pretty good with the sub I made but will get FA Apricot for sure next time. Anybody else try this one? Did you like it?

misswish, Heartsdelight and nadalama like this.
  18. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    No one can get on ATF. The owner has pretty much given up on the site. Supposedly, there’s a thread on reddit talking about it. Bummed I might lose all the recipes from other people I saved there. Gives me thought to print out the ones I don’t want to lose later.....if the site comes back up.

The recipe looks interesting. I think you made the right choice, apricot wise.

19. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Terrible wingman. Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    :eek:

Heartsdelight likes this.
  20. bobnat

bobnat VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    That seriously sucks. I've found many great recipes and ideas there.

21. wllmc

wllmc VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Sponsor VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    so how do I cancel my subscription lol I guess I better check into this.

22. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    The site lediypourlesnuls.com has disappeared as well. I hadn't been through the recipes there nearly as much as I'd wanted to.

23. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Terrible wingman. Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Oh jeez, seriously? WTH is going on? At least we still have each other. Freakin' ridiculous.

24. nadalama

Blog Posts:
  25. misswish

misswish Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I am soooo glad for my index cards & recipe boxes! (I also use ejuice-me-up).

26. Smoky Blue

Smoky Blue VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 5 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
  27. cheepshot

cheepshot

Blog Posts:
    It's been gone for over a month. :(

28. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Amazing mixers! Looks like Capella is releasing 11 new flavors!!! All bakeries and quite a few vanillas......like 5 new vanillas. Head on over to DIYDownunder.....Pippa was part of a blind test group. She goes over all 11. Sounds like the usual winners and losers, but many will be good as additives.

misswish likes this.
  29. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I have a lot of them written down, but I have a lot more I haven’t. Something like this motivates me to get busy and get things on paper! Back ups for your back ups!

misswish likes this.
  30. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    One of the reasons I have saved all my recipes I ever created online in an XPS FIle along with printing them out. Nothing better than the original back up being paper. That is what I reference before I mix because I keep them in a plastic Ziplock Bag.

Pastorfuzz, misswish and wildgypsy70 like this.
  31. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    This is true! ATF is back up....for now.....but how long until the next time? There are definitely some recipes on there that aren’t on ELR. Time to get moving on copying/printing the ones I really want to save.

misswish and Huckleberried like this.
  32. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Smart. I gotta catch up!

SteveS45 likes this.
  33. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    misswish and wildgypsy70 like this.
  34. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    From what I've read, the ATF guy has a fulltime job and several sites he runs as a hobby. He's a busy guy that refuses to accept any real help. People have offered to fix things and make the site a better place. He doesn't want to let anyone have that kind of control. He forgets to pay fees to keep the site running, and it goes down. This isn't the first time it's happened.

It wasn't his idea to charge a fee. It was suggested to keep cludder out. Some people pay the fee to feel like they're in an exclusive club. Then they create cludder or recipes that aren't that special lol.

bobnat, misswish and wildgypsy70 like this.
  35. DaBunny

DaBunny Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    god bless print screen an a flash drive...
    also have da recipe box with da recipe cards... <-- make notes as i go

misswish and wildgypsy70 like this.
  36. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Candy Cane Cheesecake is right today! I think it's been a little over two weeks since I mixed it, so that's not too bad for a steep time. The peppermint has calmed down and it's just right now (for me, anyway).

Also I just rewicked and loaded up an Engine Nano with Chocolate Buttercream. It dawned on me last night that I have barely vaped any chocolate in days now, so I've been working on vaping the rest of the Orange Pound Cake out of that tank so I could put the chocolate in it. I'm very pleased with the way the chocolate came together in this mix.

misswish, gopher_byrd and wildgypsy70 like this.
  37. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    wildgypsy70 and gopher_byrd like this.
  38. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure about adding the Anise. I would go with Black Currant and/or Plum, but then again this could very well hit the spot!

Edit, here's the drink recipe:

Combine sloe gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add ice; cover and shake until chilled. Strain into the prepared highball glass. Stir in club soda.

Sloe gin will taste more like blackcurrant or plum than the juniper regular gin is made of.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020 at 1:31 PM
    Smoky Blue, wildgypsy70 and nadalama like this.
  39. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Will definitely try it with black currant at some point, once I have some. Once I got the idea, I tried to get as close as I thought I could with flavors I already have.

It's in the general neighborhood (I mixed it and am tasting it on my hand) but needs to darken up some.

A lot of people think flavors like gin and anise would be harsh to vape, but they sweeten up so nicely after just a little bit of time. I think this is going to be lovely as it is, but for authenticity it needs a darker berry for sure. It also could use some fizz without the added sweetness and smoothing action of Cream Soda. A note of something slightly bitter, hmmm.....

Hell, what do I know? It's been 40 years since I drank a Sloe Gin Fizz. lol

ETA: I just had the strangest thought. What about a very tiny amount of FA Cocoa?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020 at 1:54 PM
    wildgypsy70 and gopher_byrd like this.
  40. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    I haven't ordered new flavors in months. I think it's time to get some to try. Bullcity, here I come. I'm not even sure what's new and exciting. Looks like Wonder Flavors got some new ones.

misswish, wildgypsy70 and gopher_byrd like this.
  41. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Wonder Flavors and Molinberry definitely have quite a few new flavors......<3

Have fun!

Just Frank likes this.
  42. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    I got nothing. Lol! But it looks good! I have all that.....might sub the black currant for the black berry. Give it some dark twang, like Gopher suggested. I’ve never had a Sloe Gin Fizz so.........

gopher_byrd and nadalama like this.
  43. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I ordered some new-to-me flavors on Friday from BCF. Got MB Butter My Biscuit, American Bubble Gum, and Soft Banana; TFA Vanilla Custard II, Cap Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble; FA Liquid Amber.

misswish, Just Frank and wildgypsy70 like this.
  44. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Flv back bar bitters?

Cocoa sounds interesting.......I wonder if it would do the trick.

45. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Oh yum........you’re gonna love all of that.

Just Frank and nadalama like this.
  46. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I ended up adding five drops of FA Cocoa in this 30ml bottle I mixed. Haven't vaped it yet, have to rewick something first.

Just Frank and wildgypsy70 like this.
  47. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Well, Cocoa is bitter.....it might just do the trick!

Just Frank likes this.
  48. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    It's bitter and dark, yeah. Thing is, I was so timid with it (0.35%), I don't know if it's doing what I need it to or not, and probably won't know until it steeps for a few days. I wanted to get the influence of bitter and dark without getting "chocolate," if you know what I mean. I feel like the basics of the recipe are close, just needs tweaking. I think the citrus and the cranberry are especially good in it.

I did vape some of it just now but I'm just not sure. The RDA isn't one of my favorites, and not the best for flavor. Sure seems like that much gin would be jumping out more than it is. (I like gin vapes, go figure. Don't like gin worth a damn, except sloe gin!)

If this is anything like the other alcoholic-drink recipes I've done, it will change A LOT over about four days. So I'll wait on it and see.

A SGF is one of those drinks that will try to push your face into the floor. It tastes just enough like a cherry smash, that you can drink 'em like there's no tomorrow, and be just freakin fine until you stand up and try to walk. Hopefully the vape will be safer for us old, feeble people! lol If I fell down right now, no telling how I'd get up!

And now that I've said that, why didn't I put 1-1.5% of FA Black Cherry in this? Huh? :)

49. Smoky Blue

Smoky Blue VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 5 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:

I have one.. Goph you might want to try it.. maybe??

1.jpg

I had a few of my lab's flavors in it.. so had to cut them out.. but this should get you super close :)

I like black currents in mine :D

as far as flv bitters.. yeah due to being chopped off, mine has bitters at .4% no need to go higher..

inspects likes this.
  50. Smigo

Smigo Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I use that now and then. Have given a few of the following away and they liked it.
    TFA Ry4d 10% with TFA Jamaican Rum 8%. Nice n easy and tastes nice too. Let it steep 4 weeks, 6 to 8 is best.

nadalama and Rhianne like this.