Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How about actual drawers?

rZ90XFT.jpg
Yeah this is something i assume plagues every diy juicer.
I have a toolbox that contains all my flavours so far, a separate toolbox that contains each of my flavour mixes and a pampers box which contains vg, pg, measuring cups, beakers, syringes etc. And of course nic stored in freezer.
Man i need to sort it out, could def do with a clean room / lab to store everything

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah this is something i assume plagues every diy juicer.
I have a toolbox that contains all my flavours so far, a separate toolbox that contains each of my flavour mixes and a pampers box which contains vg, pg, measuring cups, beakers, syringes etc. And of course nic stored in freezer.
Man i need to sort it out, could def do with a clean room / lab to store everything

We have a 3-bedroom house for my husband and myself. There's our bedroom, another for the daughter who comes in to visit 3-4 times a year, and that third bedroom became my office/mixing station. Very blessed to have that space, I love it!

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We have a 3-bedroom house for my husband and myself. There's our bedroom, another for the daughter who comes in to visit 3-4 times a year, and that third bedroom became my office/mixing station. Very blessed to have that space, I love it!
Yeah ive only got a 3 bed maisonette with mine and the lasses bedroom, our eldests room and the youngests bedroom. (Which is basically a dumping ground for washing since he sleeps in his crib in our room)and i do my mixing in the kitchen when kids are abed haha

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah ive only got a 3 bed maisonette with mine and the lasses bedroom, our eldests room and the youngests bedroom. (Which is basically a dumping ground for washing since he sleeps in his crib in our room)and i do my mixing in the kitchen when kids are abed haha

same here, although i mix anywhere. Usually in the living room on the coffee table but i try to do it when my youngest is sleeping. That's why i had to make sure my flavor storage was portable.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
same here, although i mix anywhere. Usually in the living room on the coffee table but i try to do it when my youngest is sleeping. That's why i had to make sure my flavor storage was portable.

If memory serves, didn’t your father make you a bad ass stand for your mods and displaying your RDA’s and such? Made of Walnut or something similar? Maybe you could talk him into making you something similar for your flavors?
My BCF order is slated to be delivered Friday and it’ll put me at 30 flavors, which means it’s about time to figure out a way to organize them. There’s a bead/jewelry making Station in the closet here that no one uses that has hinged trays and drawers kind of like a tackle box for fishing...I was thinking of maybe confiscating it to use to hold my DIY stuff.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If memory serves, didn’t your father make you a bad ass stand for your mods and displaying your RDA’s and such? Made of Walnut or something similar? Maybe you could talk him into making you something similar for your flavors?
My BCF order is slated to be delivered Friday and it’ll put me at 30 flavors, which means it’s about time to figure out a way to organize them. There’s a bead/jewelry making Station in the closet here that no one uses that has hinged trays and drawers kind of like a tackle box for fishing...I was thinking of maybe confiscating it to use to hold my DIY stuff.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!
I thought about that too but what i have works good. If I won the lottery, paid off debts, got a nice house and had an extra room, then i'd have him build me some nice shelves or something. thats a lot of "ifs" lol

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
It’s a great thread! I just reread it and it’s a wealth of info. I pretty much have all the flavors in the thread.....and three hundred more.....and if you haven’t yet, download @HeadInClouds notes about FA. And @Smoky Blue is the resident FLV expert.

Aww @wildgypsy70 , gee, thanks?? lol..
Ya know what they say on experts..
they are unknown drips :p

Happy to help where I can.. wish I was more active here.. I miss VU... <3

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
lol you ask that as soon as smoky replies. Perfect timing!

I got one for ya @Smoky Blue What are your thoughts on FLV cookie dough? It makes me want to lick my computer screen.

lmao I just popped in for popping in.. Raining here atm.. and well umm.. :p

FLV cookie dough is fantastic.. depending on what you add to it..
white/milk chocolate, or even use it as an undertone with Sun Cookie..
it's a fantastic plain cookie dough with a microscopic amount of chocolate..

Adding in some ap 5%, maybe up to .40% will give a nutty effect..
use cream cheese for a creamy version, yogurt for a raw..
toss in pralines and call me when they are cooked :)

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have an office at home so space realty isn't to much of an issue. But I have a large cluttered mess in my office as of right now lol all my coil stuff, diy juice, 3 3d printers, lap top, reg printer and other odds and ends. that's why I'm thinking about trying to organize better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I have an office at home so space realty isn't to much of an issue. But I have a large cluttered mess in my office as of right now lol all my coil stuff, diy juice, 3 3d printers, lap top, reg printer and other odds and ends. that's why I'm thinking about trying to organize better.

I am ready for a shovel or bulldozer to come help me out :)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lmao I just popped in for popping in.. Raining here atm.. and well umm.. :p

FLV cookie dough is fantastic.. depending on what you add to it..
white/milk chocolate, or even use it as an undertone with Sun Cookie..
it's a fantastic plain cookie dough with a microscopic amount of chocolate..

Adding in some ap 5%, maybe up to .40% will give a nutty effect..
use cream cheese for a creamy version, yogurt for a raw..
toss in pralines and call me when they are cooked :)

Alright, i'm finally going to order it. I just want raw chocolate chip cookie dough mmmmmmmm :bingo:

So...

FLV cookie dough
FA chocolate
INW milk chocolate
INW biscuit
FLV cream
Maybe FA butter?

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Alright, i'm finally going to order it. I just want raw chocolate chip cookie dough mmmmmmmm :bingo:

So...

FLV cookie dough
FA chocolate
INW milk chocolate
INW biscuit (put that shit in everything anyways)
FLV cream
Maybe FA butter?

I haven't touched ina in years... but I do have a few projects coming up.. ;)
(no ina for those either)

I'd get the white and milk chocolate flv... you need those if you do not have them.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Well I just looked over all your flavor notes twice and didn't see flv peanut butter. Am I missing it? Could you give me a quick run down? Thanks so much @Smoky Blue

Peanut butter...
makes good cookies, milkshakes etc..
good buttery nutty peanut..
keep it between .15-.80% :)

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Smoky Blue i got a quick q regarding flv ive got about 10 flv flavours but cant for the life of me make them work. Flv blueberry and flv raspberry for instance, no matter how low the % i cant seem to get anything but a musty candyish flavour from them. Flv cherry pie filling tried at .25 % and just tastes like cough syrup no cherries and ive a few more but think il stop there for now.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Watching people taste DIY eliquid for the first time is awesome, their eyes light up and they're so excited lol.

Hey peeps, whats the best banana nut bread recipe you've ever had? Have someone requesting it.
You trying to get something that's banana nut bread or has banana nut bread in it? Lol I got cap banana nut bread today and was gonna mix this up http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1456636/Cussing out Nana

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just realized that I’ve been using the same coils and wick for the last 4 days and the coils still look barely used...do the benefits of DIY Juice ever stop rolling in?
bd148ee9ed20109907e0ea2aeb1fea8d.jpg

Now the issue I’m going to run into is that I love building coils, so, I’ve always got way too many on hand, but now it’s just going to get ridonkulous with me not having to do so much as even rewick in a weeks time!

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man nothing sounds good. I need to make something

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I seem to be running into the opposite of that problem. I went ahead and added the new flavors I’m getting in Friday to my Flavor Stash on ELR and for shits and giggles I hit “What can I make?” and now I’ve just made it even worse that I can’t wait until Friday to try all these new flavors and recipes I’ll have access to...everything sounds good, lol.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I seem to be running into the opposite of that problem. I went ahead and added the new flavors I’m getting in Friday to my Flavor Stash on ELR and for shits and giggles I hit “What can I make?” and now I’ve just made it even worse that I can’t wait until Friday to try all these new flavors and recipes I’ll have access to...everything sounds good, lol.

Lol I just dropped $100 on flavors today. My credit card is on fire. I've always been very picky with juice.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol I just dropped $100 on flavors today. My credit card is on fire. I've always been very picky with juice.

I’m sure once I get a decent collection of flavors and recipes going, I’ll get more and more picky. But for now, this is pretty much me looking at BCF
154c5ff20621cda2c09b07ed35a55775.jpg

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I’m sure once I get a decent collection of flavors and recipes going, I’ll get more and more picky. But for now, this is pretty much me looking at BCF
154c5ff20621cda2c09b07ed35a55775.jpg

I know exactly how you feel my flavour stash is at 79 flavours but my shopping list is at 221

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@Smoky Blue i got a quick q regarding flv ive got about 10 flv flavours but cant for the life of me make them work. Flv blueberry and flv raspberry for instance, no matter how low the % i cant seem to get anything but a musty candyish flavour from them. Flv cherry pie filling tried at .25 % and just tastes like cough syrup no cherries and ive a few more but think il stop there for now.

@Wannavape247 Not sure the rate of use you are using with the blueberry and the raspberry, but my rule of thumb is no more than 1.5% of anything flv... and I start with 2 drops in a 10ml, to see how I like it.. it comes out to .04grams in 10ml if that helps or .15% then I work my way up..

With cherry filling, you need only 2 drops in 30ml, maybe 3 drops so again .15% to start..

You really need to let them sit for around 3 days before testing. and it if takes longer than 5 days for a nice taste, you may be over flavoring.

You might want to check out some of my recipes: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/?filter=28997

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Wannavape247 Not sure the rate of use you are using with the blueberry and the raspberry, but my rule of thumb is no more than 1.5% of anything flv... and I start with 2 drops in a 10ml, to see how I like it.. it comes out to .04grams in 10ml if that helps or .15% then I work my way up..

With cherry filling, you need only 2 drops in 30ml, maybe 3 drops so again .15% to start..

You really need to let them sit for around 3 days before testing. and it if takes longer than 5 days for a nice taste, you may be over flavoring.

You might want to check out some of my recipes: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/?filter=28997
Thanks very much man just had a look on your site too and the info is great.
I tried to use the cherry filling as a stand alone a nd when i read your notes it mentioned that it needs help. Hopefully my probs with these flavours ends here.
Again much appreciated

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks very much man just had a look on your site too and the info is great.
I tried to use the cherry filling as a stand alone a nd when i read your notes it mentioned that it needs help. Hopefully my probs with these flavours ends here.
Again much appreciated

the site is a wip... and I wish I had the time to update everything.
I don't, sadly, but I am trying to clear up my schedule to redo it all.

It does need a bit of help.. and once I can break the flavors down again, I have a different way I want to do it all..
it will take a lot of time, but I know in the end it will simplify what flavorah is, what it can do for your juices as well as keep you content.
Even after 4+yrs.. I am always discovering new things. :)

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the site is a wip... and I wish I had the time to update everything.
I don't, sadly, but I am trying to clear up my schedule to redo it all.

It does need a bit of help.. and once I can break the flavors down again, I have a different way I want to do it all..
it will take a lot of time, but I know in the end it will simplify what flavorah is, what it can do for your juices as well as keep you content.
Even after 4+yrs.. I am always discovering new things. :)
Flavorah to me symbolises everything you here about america. Big bold and brash and needs to be told to play with others haha

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Flavorah to me symbolises everything you here about america. Big bold and brash and needs to be told to play with others haha

The way I look at flv, is it stands above the rest.
Even without nicotine, the flavors are big and bold, used in the right manner.
Not too many other companies are like flv.. and that.. is why I have stuck to them.

I hear all the time on how I limit myself.. no, the way I see it.. when you find something good, that you like.. there is no limits!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Here's my portable storage
b25819c6de6c1a36a7e1952a79ff9a94.jpg
dc96cedb28f84bd9e26527c8a79b184b.jpg

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Watching people taste DIY eliquid for the first time is awesome, their eyes light up and they're so excited lol.

Hey peeps, whats the best banana nut bread recipe you've ever had? Have someone requesting it.
I haven’t tried it, but I feel like @Squonk has a banana bread recipe floating around. Or my memory is s***. Lol!

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Man nothing sounds good. I need to make something

What's the best way to get crunch? Like middle of a Butterfinger crunch? Ive got something working pretty good but I'm not getting much texture.

VU Sponsors