Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of you guys are fortunate. You order flavors and have them in a few days. Today I finally got an order that was placed on Feb 22. It was no fault of the vendor as it was in country in 4 days. It got lost in Post Office purgatory and I had to actively pull it out. I said that just to tell this. Have you ever ordered a flavor, received it and thought, "What the fuck did I order this for?" It was a month ago and I'm totally clueless as to why I now have FLV Boysenberry.
Well you definitely got one of the better FLV flavors.
Boysenberry is quite excellent!

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of you guys are fortunate. You order flavors and have them in a few days. Today I finally got an order that was placed on Feb 22. It was no fault of the vendor as it was in country in 4 days. It got lost in Post Office purgatory and I had to actively pull it out. I said that just to tell this. Have you ever ordered a flavor, received it and thought, "What the fuck did I order this for?" It was a month ago and I'm totally clueless as to why I now have FLV Boysenberry.
I just used it a few weeks ago again in Wayne Walker's Misty recipe.
Very nice. :D

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Putting in an order at BCF for these (all 10ml):

Watermelon Candy-TFA
Watermelon-TFA
Watermelon-FA
Pineapple-TFA
Pineapple-FA
Marshmallow-FA
Koolada-TFA
Mint-INW
Double Chocolate (Clear)-TFA
Peppermint-FA
Whipped Cream-TFA
Creme De Menthe-FW
Meringue-FA
Milk Chocolate-INW
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream-CAP
Sweetener-TFA

Along with the order I put in at One Drop Flavors for these (all 30ml):

Blue Raspberry
Blueberry
Caramel
Cherry
Chocolate
Cotton Candy
Custard
Grape
Menthol
Orange
Peach
Pineapple
Raspberry
Strawberry
Vanilla
Watermelon

This will bring my flavor count to 57 flavors.
Also, placed an order for a gallon of VG and another 500ml of 100mg VG-Based Nic earlier (I’m still good on PG) from Nic River.

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!
Nice list! Branching out, I see. Some good choices there.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've got flavors that are still sealed from up to a year ago that I'm totally clueless about. :huh:
Me too.....and I get them fast! Lordy, I gotta start writing things down.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ea52decd11e62a467ef206ffaeebffa4.jpg

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone know of a strawberry custard that actually benefits from steeping instead of the strawberry fading?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Do you have RF SC strawberry? This flavour needs to steep it just gets better with age. From s+v to 2 days its sweet like syrup leave it a week and it starts to taste more like fresh strawberry compote. after that? Not sure keep vaping it all hehe

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you have RF SC strawberry? This flavour needs to steep it just gets better with age. From s+v to 2 days its sweet like syrup leave it a week and it starts to taste more like fresh strawberry compote. after that? Not sure keep vaping it all hehe

I do have that. Not sure if I want to mix a big bottle off a whim though

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do have that. Not sure if I want to mix a big bottle off a whim though

Thats fair im going to assume you already have a decent custard recipe. Get a flavour base of your custard ready then add to it 4% Cap sweet strawberry and 2% RF SC strawberry.
Or 2% RF SC strawberry and 1.5% INW strawberry shisha

Either of these combos should give you that long lasting strawberry flavour and the RF SC strawb pairs really well with thick creams eg tpa whipped cream fa cream fresh ect. And really well with rich pastry types eg. Tpa cheesecake graham cracker crust.
The only custard ive got at min is Cap vanilla custard v1 and after using nearly 50ml in mixes since i started im still not sure if im a fan haha

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm in a big bottle mood lol. I'll do the shisha and RF. Thank you sir.

Dont thank me yet this is just purely theoretical on my end but im certain you will end up with something not only vapable but strawberry too. pls share your findings and could you reccomend a custard thats not as sickly as the Cap vc v1

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dont thank me yet this is just purely theoretical on my end but im certain you will end up with something not only vapable but strawberry too. pls share your findings and could you reccomend a custard thats not as sickly as the Cap vc v1

What do you mean by sickly?

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What do you mean by sickly?

Im not totally sure suffice it to say im looking for something less rich and more fresh tasting. Cap vc v1 just isnt working for me and im not sure i want to just buy every flavour i come across hehe.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you tried FA custard?

Nope. After the first few custard vapes i tried to make i sort of gave up on them. I keep hearing people raving about their custard vapes and now its making me jealous. So FA?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. After the first few custard vapes i tried to make i sort of gave up on them. I keep hearing people raving about their custard vapes and now its making me jealous. So FA?

Could be what you're looking for. Cap is a buttery vanilla custard.

FA is a true plain custard. Pretty light, eggy with a small lemon note.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could be what you're looking for. Cap is a buttery vanilla custard.

FA is a true plain custard. Pretty light, eggy with a small lemon note.

Yeah that sounds better. Maybe caps just too artificial for me (said by the snooty brit with nose in the air)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

FA is damn good, but isn’t that the one with a slight lemony thing going on? INW is good, too, IMO. I’ve been branching out lately. Not that I don’t looooove v1, but I have 6-8 other custards and I wanna see how well they do. VTA Warm Custard is turning out to be wonderful.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FA is damn good, but isn’t that the one with a slight lemony thing going on? INW is good, too, IMO. I’ve been branching out lately. Not that I don’t looooove v1, but I have 6-8 other custards and I wanna see how well they do. VTA Warm Custard is turning out to be wonderful.
Looks like im going to need a new list haha whats the inw like?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah man north east england to be precise.

Awe you're so lucky lol. If you like your custard to be buttery, pick up FA premium custard. It's another true custard flavor but has that buttery smooth finish.

We can't get that flavor in the U.S. because it had what some people call "bad ingredients" lol. One company here somehow got some so I was able to get a little bit of it.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awe you're so lucky lol. If you like your custard to be buttery, pick up FA premium custard. It's another true custard flavor but has that buttery smooth finish.

We can't get that flavor in the U.S. because it had what some people call "bad ingredients" lol. One company here somehow got some so I was able to get a little bit of it.

Aye ive heard all about the diketone situation. I think il get FA custard to give it a shot. See what its like and if i find i wabt the butter il have a mooch for premium. Any others i should hunt for? INW has been mentioned

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like im going to need a new list haha whats the inw like?

The INW is sweet, eggy, lighter than v1.... with the added benefit of not needing a month steep! A week, tops. Use around 2%. It goes really well with the FA custard. I’m rolling it now with the VTA honeycomb and FA cookie. Really, really good. Next batch has a bit of Cap sweet cream to mellow out the edges.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Fa premium is the bomb! I need to pick another little bottle of it. If I can find it!

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The INW is sweet, eggy, lighter than v1.... with the added benefit of not needing a month steep! A week, tops. Use around 2%. It goes really well with the FA custard. I’m rolling it now with the VTA honeycomb and FA cookie. Really, really good. Next batch has a bit of Cap sweet cream to mellow out the edges.
Whats VTA stand for? Cant seem to find it UK side.
Il put inw on the list along with FA

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree that INW is worth getting too

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Scratch that i can get 52 different vta flavours from chefsflavoursuk my poor wallet!

Lol! I agree.....since BCF got VTA, my wallet has taken a hit. But, so far, they’ve all been totally worth it. Honeycomb is soooo yummy......

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha yeah that sucks dude.
What was the juice?

I took the advice you and @Mykreign gave me and took all the flavors of my Strawmalone recipe down by half and added .4% of CAP-Super Sweet.
a33a996ad558b5d465c0540d8c200a32.jpg

Pretty much nailed the flavor I was looking for out of that juice...not 1:1 to the flavor I’m cloning, but it turns out that’s a good thing because I like this one a little more, and that’s just using it as a S&V...think I’m gonna let the rest of it steep for 3 days like you suggested, seeing as how I ran out of my TFA-Watermelon and I’m really low on my FA-Watermelon anyway...hopefully my order from BCF will be in after the 3 day steep and if it still rocks, I’ll be able to start making it in bulk rather than just a 10ml tester. Many thanks to all for the advice...it never occurred to me that increasing the percentage of flavors could have a reverse effect.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I took the advice you and @Mykreign gave me and took all the flavors of my Strawmalone recipe down by half and added .4% of CAP-Super Sweet.

Pretty much nailed the flavor I was looking for out of that juice...not 1:1 to the flavor I’m cloning, but it turns out that’s a good thing because I like this one a little more, and that’s just using it as a S&V...think I’m gonna let the rest of it steep for 3 days like you suggested, seeing as how I ran out of my TFA-Watermelon and I’m really low on my FA-Watermelon anyway...hopefully my order from BCF will be in after the 3 day steep and if it still rocks, I’ll be able to start making it in bulk rather than just a 10ml tester. Many thanks to all for the advice...it never occurred to me that increasing the percentage of flavors could have a reverse effect.

Nice man! Congrats!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Awesome! Ain’t it grand to make something wonderful!

VU Sponsors