Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I took the advice you and @Mykreign gave me and took all the flavors of my Strawmalone recipe down by half and added .4% of CAP-Super Sweet.
a33a996ad558b5d465c0540d8c200a32.jpg

Pretty much nailed the flavor I was looking for out of that juice...not 1:1 to the flavor I’m cloning, but it turns out that’s a good thing because I like this one a little more, and that’s just using it as a S&V...think I’m gonna let the rest of it steep for 3 days like you suggested, seeing as how I ran out of my TFA-Watermelon and I’m really low on my FA-Watermelon anyway...hopefully my order from BCF will be in after the 3 day steep and if it still rocks, I’ll be able to start making it in bulk rather than just a 10ml tester. Many thanks to all for the advice...it never occurred to me that increasing the percentage of flavors could have a reverse effect.

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!
Good for you man. Every days a learning day just glad to be of use

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome! Ain’t it grand to make something wonderful!

Very much so!
Now I’ve just got to tweak my Grapple recipe to be where I want it to be so that I can try making a Grapplemelon juice (when I get my BCF order with my refill of Watermelon flavors) and a Grappleade juice.
Was thinking it might be nice to add a touch of Koolada to some recipes using lemon(ade) for more of a refreshing type of vape for summertime.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made a Cherry/Apple mix to see how they play together. I really liked my Inawera Cherry tester. But at 1% it seemed like it could be used a little higher. So I did 2% with 1% Fuji.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was thinking it might be nice to add a touch of Koolada to some recipes using lemon(ade) for more of a refreshing type of vape for summertime.
I recently got some WS-23 from Bullcity. Shits ICY. I tried a lick off of the back of my hand. My whole mouth was froze lol! I vape Grack and Philosophucker said all he uses now is WS-23 instead of Koolada. So I got some to try it. Sorry, your post just made me think of that. :giggle:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently got some WS-23 from Bullcity. Shits ICY. I tried a lick off of the back of my hand. My whole mouth was froze lol! I vape Grack and Philosophucker said all he uses now is WS-23 instead of Koolada. So I got some to try it. Sorry, your post just made me think of that. :giggle:

I typically despise menthol juices and mint ones, but I had a fruity premium juice awhile back that wasn’t menthol, but they put just a smidge in it and it made it feel very crisp and refreshing on the back end without leaving any lasting coldness.
I’m figuring that in order to achieve that I have to get a crazy low amount of chilling agent in...so low that I was thinking of making a 10ml tester of 2% menthol or koolada or mint and using that heavily diluted concentrate for a drop or two in some recipes to see if I can get it to where it’s barely noticeable or not noticeable at all if you aren’t intentionally looking for it because you know it’s in there.

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I recently got some WS-23 from Bullcity.
I had never heard of this before! Just added to a new wish list-damn this horrible cycle....

Hi my name is jojo and I am flavoroholic.

This is perfect match with the cardamon addition to a recipe @eStorm helped give me the idea for. :)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
$12.64 and free shipping for 16 30ml bottles of flavors?

I'm not interested. These are unlike my usual mixing flavors. Or...
"They are primarily designed to be added to eliquid already made and for people looking to boost the profile." (Walt at RF post@ELR)

While they can, I guess, be used as primary mixing flavors; it seems they are more suited for use by somebody who buys a commercially made juice and wants a little extra flavor "pop".

I have never bought any of these similar items either... https://www.vapewild.com/flavor-boost/
I'm not knocking them, it's just not for me.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll be using the WS-23 for any recipes using koolada from now on. It has the "staying power" that koolada does not. IMO koolada fades and turns bitter with age. The WS-23 may slightly fade, depending on how long you keep the juice, but it never changes effect.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right got some new 60ml chubbies delivered today so did a few 30ml mixes.
Strawberry milkshake v1
Grappleberry v1
RWB v3.1
Carabaccy v2
Sour blue razz lemonade v2

Everyones been chatting strawberry milk recipes so found a few and had a play and come up with a rec. It has milk, cake, ice cream and strawberry, all good things so see how that goes

@ScReWbALL keeps mentioning grapple so i had a go but only have 1 grape (tpa grape candy) so added tpa blueberry xtra to give it a bit depth which smells so good along with cap fuji apple which gave birth to my grappleberry.
My first batch of sour blue razz lemonade failed so ive tweeked recipe and had another go.
Carabaccy which is tpa ry4 double with a.. well an amount of fw butterscotch ripple through it. Ive got my first version right here and i believe it needs something so added fa oba oba to v2.
Il update you guys in a week when i crack them.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Continuing my path to an awesome Raspberry Custard that I am not allergic to (Flavorah Raspberry I like, but allergic)
IMG_20180316_093939~2-1280x412.jpg

This is the most care I've put into labeling mixes, got to be careful now that I've had to upgrade to a bigger box for flavors

- and I still accidentally put a drop of CAP Butter Cream in 3 bottles when I meant to add just 1 drop CAP Super Sweet, that won't hurt things though...I hope...

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Doubt it would. It does take Cap butter cream a while to steep, at most it may mute the flavor a bit. Not as sweet as sweetener.

Good. Never used Butter Cream before but it smelled like a steeper; plan on letting these get to know each other for a while before trying, anyway

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sorry gals, I got caught up in a zombie movie lol! Tommorow I'll be struttin around here with a new badge. It's been a whole year! I've come a LONG ways since signing up. I can remember what I had, and was using. Learning so much all the time still. Thank all you guys. :)
:yes: Congrats!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm sorry gals, I got caught up in a zombie movie lol! Tommorow I'll be struttin around here with a new badge. It's been a whole year! I've come a LONG ways since signing up. I can remember what I had, and was using. Learning so much all the time still. Thank all you guys. :)
:stars:Happy VU Birthday:confetti:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
:stars:Yay!!!! Awesome!

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, the hit itself isn’t lacking anything, but particularly with the Strawberry-Watermelon it seems that I have immediate Vaper’s Tongue. It’s like I’ve been vaping the same flavor for 6 months and in the middle of vaping all day...I know I’m getting a good hit, but nothing is coming through flavor-wise...it’s just non-existent even after a few days of vaping on your BCP and then the Lemon Cookie. That time away from the fruit flavors should’ve reset my taste buds enough to where something should pop, but even at those high percentages, it’s like I’m just vaping a vg/pg/nic juice with no flavors added. Everything is coming through on the Lemon Cookie and on the Grapple I’m vaping now, but the Strawberry-Watermelon just doesn’t pop or have much in the way of flavor at all.

Have you tried the strawberry and watermelon flavors your using as single flavors? Certain strawberry flavors taste like nothing to me and I've noticed that when I use those strawberries in a simple mix(2-3 flavors) out kinda mutes everything. Maybe if there's a strawberry you can't taste you can take it out of your mix and replace it with something else? Allot of mixes I've seen use dragonfruit and certain apples, I believe DF helps strawberry and apple helps watermelon? This is all just my thoughts and I could be way off. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I got the new flavorah bottles and flavors in yesterday.. still have not had time to mix up the new ones..
I hope tonight.. and I love the new bottles.. push down and turn to open, and they just screw back on.
The drip tip works, but not sure on the drops.. I think it is still .02g maybe??? but will know once I get a few recipe ideas done..

I can't wait for the teas.. I am so ready for some new tastes! :)

Attachments

• 29249770_1020970301418797_5092205658128777216_n.jpg
    29249770_1020970301418797_5092205658128777216_n.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 16

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You can get the whole set in 30ml for like 12$ I don't see how any mixer says no to that lol even if only 3-4 of them are really good it's still a win really.

I know, I know......I have something like 40+ flavors that I haven’t even cracked yet. I’m passing this time....but def curious about how they are.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I took the advice you and @Mykreign gave me and took all the flavors of my Strawmalone recipe down by half and added .4% of CAP-Super Sweet.
a33a996ad558b5d465c0540d8c200a32.jpg

Pretty much nailed the flavor I was looking for out of that juice...not 1:1 to the flavor I’m cloning, but it turns out that’s a good thing because I like this one a little more, and that’s just using it as a S&V...think I’m gonna let the rest of it steep for 3 days like you suggested, seeing as how I ran out of my TFA-Watermelon and I’m really low on my FA-Watermelon anyway...hopefully my order from BCF will be in after the 3 day steep and if it still rocks, I’ll be able to start making it in bulk rather than just a 10ml tester. Many thanks to all for the advice...it never occurred to me that increasing the percentage of flavors could have a reverse effect.

Yeah I test a lot and I've noticed a lot of the flavors I use a constantly disappear way to fast in 10-13ml. It's so much more cost effective to get 30ml instead. So now I try to get a few less flavors and all the ones I think will get a lot of use in 30ml. I only wish I had more room to store them because then I'd be getting even bigger bottles.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got DIY Blue-balled! I was checking the tracking of my BCF order and it showed it as delivered:
feb199ec1e7a6b3c76f64ba2e09924c5.jpg

So, I do my happy dance and start getting ready to go pick it up (mail gets lost to my apartment so I ship to my parents place), then realize it’s delivered to NC, not where I live...so, I check the tracking history
d26dcd5719dd9b21fd7e3495919ede5a.jpg
b8455ae0fad23e084cff3a86f2374f49.jpg

So, it accepted in Durham, NC...gets to and ships out from Releigh Distribution Center...only to arrive back at Durham NC and flagged as “Delivered”?
I’m so confused...I even upgraded the Shipping to Priority Shipping to get it sooner, but they’re shipping it back and forth to the same places?
87777175db4c5daf72c05e58304abe13.jpg

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Continuing my path to an awesome Raspberry Custard that I am not allergic to (Flavorah Raspberry I like, but allergic)
View attachment 106552

This is the most care I've put into labeling mixes, got to be careful now that I've had to upgrade to a bigger box for flavors

- and I still accidentally put a drop of CAP Butter Cream in 3 bottles when I meant to add just 1 drop CAP Super Sweet, that won't hurt things though...I hope...
I did the accidental add thinking it's SS once and then marked the top of my SS bottle so I always know what flavor it is.
On the topic off labeling I love having all my flavors in a couple big containers but it's really hard to find flavors like this. So I'm thinking about getting those little dot stickers and labeling them on the bottom so I can see them by looking underneath the containers?
53400648769bd0cfba2fba8ccf491ea0.jpg
bd8811a3a1fa9cc0786b1a2bf39f21f6.jpg

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got DIY Blue-balled! I was checking the tracking of my BCF order and it showed it as delivered:
feb199ec1e7a6b3c76f64ba2e09924c5.jpg

So, I do my happy dance and start getting ready to go pick it up (mail gets lost to my apartment so I ship to my parents place), then realize it’s delivered to NC, not where I live...so, I check the tracking history
d26dcd5719dd9b21fd7e3495919ede5a.jpg
b8455ae0fad23e084cff3a86f2374f49.jpg

So, it accepted in Durham, NC...gets to and ships out from Releigh Distribution Center...only to arrive back at Durham NC and flagged as “Delivered”?
I’m so confused...I even upgraded the Shipping to Priority Shipping to get it sooner, but they’re shipping it back and forth to the same places?
87777175db4c5daf72c05e58304abe13.jpg

:headbang::cuss2::finger:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was checking on the status of my One Drop Flavors order I noticed this email...granted this is just a mass produced form letter sent to everyone who made orders, it’s still nice to know they don’t just stay silent and subscribe to the idea of not explaining order delivery details/delays due to the fact they’ve already got your money and you have no choice but to sit around and wait on blind faith.
a014aa2eeb0a8cd847fc819449b71260.jpg
5d3a2ba53d1227af5866accf361596f8.jpg

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was checking on the status of my One Drop Flavors order I noticed this email...granted this is just a mass produced form letter sent to everyone who made orders, it’s still nice to know they don’t just stay silent and subscribe to the idea of not explaining order delivery details/delays due to the fact they’ve already got your money and you have no choice but to sit around and wait on blind faith.
a014aa2eeb0a8cd847fc819449b71260.jpg
al

You know why they felt compelled to do that? Because during their recent 10¢ sale, they actually got phone calls from idiots who were screaming, name calling, and cussing them because they hadn't received a shipping confirmation within something like two days. They run an unheard of price on flavoring, folks are ordering like it's the only flavoring left on earth, then are going to get pissed because it's not in a box soon as they order. Unreal...

Kudos to Real Flavors for having some class...

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You know why they felt compelled to do that? Because during their recent 10¢ sale, they actually got phone calls from idiots who were screaming, name calling, and cussing them because they hadn't received a shipping confirmation within something like two days. They run an unheard of price on flavoring, folks are ordering like it's the only flavoring left on earth, then are going to get pissed because it's not in a box soon as they order. Unreal...

Kudos to Real Flavors for having some class...
Yeah I ordered from the 10c sale and didn't expect to get it for a couple weeks or so. Figured with so many people ordering it would have them backed up but I got my order in under a week I think and I was one of the last ones to order before everything went out of stock.
Whoever called them acting like that over getting flavors for 10c should get a kick in the privates. No matter what privates they have!
30b32f394128350401e820bc117319e6.gif

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just had to point this out...one of my favorite things about making my own juice is the coil life I get nowadays...a coil of mine used to be lucky if it lasted 3-4 days before getting tossed, but I’ve had this one in since March 6th and it still looks like it did after first wicking it up...this is almost a personal record for longest lasting coil for me
875e9677a7c5fd4c0290285281e5bfc8.jpg

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just had to point this out...one of my favorite things about making my own juice is the coil life I get nowadays...a coil of mine used to be lucky if it lasted 3-4 days before getting tossed, but I’ve had this one in since March 6th and it still looks like it did after first wicking it up...this is almost a personal record for longest lasting coil for me
875e9677a7c5fd4c0290285281e5bfc8.jpg

One day im going to get started on getting started building my own... just not today

VU Sponsors