Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You are awesome. Thank you.
So I picked VT dark chocolate, MB Glamour chocolate, FLV Chocolate Deutsch and the OG you posted. All at 1%. The rest of the recipe was true to yours....except I accidentally upped the fresh cream to 0.5% due to a distractive 13 year old needing my attention. So I upped it in all the samples. They’re all too sharp right now. I’ll test in a week to see how things are progressing. :)

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
So I picked VT dark chocolate, MB Glamour chocolate, FLV Chocolate Deutsch and the OG you posted. All at 1%. The rest of the recipe was true to yours....except I accidentally upped the fresh cream to 0.5% due to a distractive 13 year old needing my attention. So I upped it in all the samples. They’re all too sharp right now. I’ll test in a week to see how things are progressing. :)

Cool. I get home by the weekend it seems and will get to circle back to the other mixes and see if they came alive. This actually has the possibility of being really good.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you guys/gals tend to mix smaller batches when doing diy? I know it also depends on steep times but I've had a couple juices just not taste right that I mixed a couple months ago (one shots).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've been mixing for 1.5 years. I've learned to never mix more than 120ml of anything. Only my ADVs, that I'm absolutely sure I can vape a lot, will get that much. The next level will be juices I like but can only do a day at a time so I'll make 60 ml, most of which will last for months. After that if I'm intrigued by a juice I'll make 30 ml. All testers are made at 15-20 ml.

I once made 360 ml of a juice that I loved but it needed about two months to steep. Unbeknownst to me, when the two months were up I found that one of the flavors used had gone bad, so I dumped the whole lot of it. I've never gone over 120 since. Also, I've found that I can stop liking a juice suddenly. It's happened numerous times and I ended either giving it away or dumping it.

Finally, yes, many juices will change in flavor over time, for better or worse.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I always mix up a 60ml instead of testers. It's hit or miss. It's nice when it works out, no regrets. Having a recipe suck after waiting two weeks is a bummer tho. Supplies are cheap so I dont trip.

Today I mixed up

60ml Atmos Chifles (banana cream caramel thing)
60ml Blueberry Cake (I think it's a cheesecake)

The BB Cake smells delicious and I can't wait to try it. I hope the other tastes better than it smells. After mixing both I think I might experiment with Banana Cream and Cheesecake Graham Crust and work out a banana cream pie!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you guys/gals tend to mix smaller batches when doing diy? I know it also depends on steep times but I've had a couple juices just not taste right that I mixed a couple months ago (one shots).

I have a shitload of 10ML & 15ML bottles I test things out in. 10ML bottles is usually for single flavors. I use the 15s usually to try new recipes. I have 30s, 60s, and bigger too for stuff that I know I like.

Also, I've found that I can stop liking a juice suddenly. It's happened numerous times and I ended either giving it away or dumping it.
This has happened to me too. I can get sick of certain recipes real fast. I like something one day, then not so much a couple days later.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Experiments 15, ones I know I like 30, ones I know I really like 60. I haven’t mixed up anything higher than that.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I managed to aquire 10ML of the old Inawera Waffle. Smelling it, this stuff is right on the money. I didn't do any recent research, but I think I need to dillute it. This stuff smells amazing. After I read up on this flavor, I'll figure out how to use it better and make a test batch.

I suggest .2-1% and don’t wait too long to use it. One brand new sealed bottle I had strarted caking up and later burst.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a chance to try some new things today.

TFA-Raspberry (The plain one, not Sweet Raspberry)​
It's good, I like it. It's not a light flavor, it shows up pretty good at 5%. People describe it as a candy raspberry. I guess that's correct.

FW-Raspberry
This one isn't as strong as TFA Raspberry. I think it's a bit of both candy/authentic. I found some wild raspberries in the woods last week and ate them. When I vape this it reminds me of that on the exhale. This flavor isn't bad at all.

FW-Cookie Butter
I think I may have made this too strong maybe at 4%. It wasn't unvapeable but I didn't care for the flavor I was getting. I'm not ready to give up on it and will try it out in a recipe before making a judgement.

FA-Irish Cream
This is good stuff. It's a sweet cream with that Bailey's kinda vibe. This will be really good with coffee.

TFA-Berry Mix
This is candy mixed berry. Not as loud as WF Bumble Berry but it's good. The champion of the mixed berry challenge was JF Forrest Mix. That one is awesome.

TFA-Honeydew
I've been getting alot of different melon flavors after discovering Inawera Melon. I've read several times that JF Honeydew was king of that particular melon. But I think this TFA is right up there with it. This is a superb melon flavor. I really like this stuff. It's potent too. I only used 2% and it's plenty. I've read that this one likes to bully other flavors so I'll have to check it out for myself.
[Edit]- I'm getting a clear taste of cucumber in this today. It's a good cucumber flavor, unlike TFA-Cucumber which tastes like peel or nothing to me.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Beeen looking at this one, any particular flavors in it stand out to you, or are they all a good balance?
It's a mild random berry mix. I can't tell what it consists of really. It might even need help cuz I can't taste much today. I think its just me tho.
If you want something that will show up more, WF Bumble Berry would do the trick. It tastes candy-like. I didn't try examine what berries stood out but I can revisit it.
JF Forrest Mix is like CAP Harvest Berry but has a much clearer taste. I think they might sneak pineapple in both. I was impressed by it being so good.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I managed to aquire 10ML of the old Inawera Waffle. Smelling it, this stuff is right on the money. I didn't do any recent research, but I think I need to dillute it. This stuff smells amazing. After I read up on this flavor, I'll figure out how to use it better and make a test batch.
You are so lucky!!!

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So does anyone store their nicotine in clear bottles?

I meant to order the dark blue ones because I thought they'd be better at keeping some light out. I have brown ones but they're already full of nic salts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
mine are all in amber bottles but if you are freezing them and storing them like I did (vacuum bags, inside a cardboard box in the freezer) they aren't going to see any light until you eventually pull them out of the freezer one at a time

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mine are all in amber bottles but if you are freezing them and storing them like I did (vacuum bags, inside a cardboard box in the freezer) they aren't going to see any light until you eventually pull them out of the freezer one at a time
That's true. So the only bottle getting light will be the one 30ml in my closet.

Well I don't wanna wait or spend more money on bottle so I guess i'm going for it.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's true. So the only bottle getting light will be the one 30ml in my closet.

Well I don't wanna wait or spend more money on bottle so I guess i'm going for it.
yep, I wouldnt sweat it with 30ml break down bottles. I bottled mine in 120's. When I take one out it goes into the fridge for a day then a clear PET bottle with yorker top for mixing. That bottle stays in the fridge between mixing (so no light again) but will often sit out days at a time while I am mixing up 4 or 5 x 100ml batches (in the basement so kinda dark but we have a few block windows) and it takes me probably 6 months to use up a 120 with no ill effects to the color or taste that I can notice.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yep, I wouldnt sweat it with 30ml break down bottles. I bottled mine in 120's. When I take one out it goes into the fridge for a day then a clear PET bottle with yorker top for mixing. That bottle stays in the fridge between mixing (so no light again) but will often sit out days at a time while I am mixing up 4 or 5 x 100ml batches (in the basement so kinda dark but we have a few block windows) and it takes me probably 6 months to use up a 120 with no ill effects to the color or taste that I can notice.
awesome, thanks fozzy!

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Fozzy Whats your opinion on the RF SC taffy base? You done much with it?

I haven't mixed with it yet, just did one 20ml SF tester when I got it back in March of last year LOOL. My limited testing notes were:

"great by itself at 2.5%, might want to try a SF batch at 3.5%? should be great with any fruits."

I really need to get around to trying a banana and strawberry, and strawnana, mix with it. You will probably get better and more reliable notes from the ELR flavor page - http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/138470

Quite a few tasting/testing notes over there and it seems pretty well reviewed at 3.5 stars from 19 votes.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't mixed with it yet, just did one 20ml SF tester when I got it back in March of last year LOOL. My limited testing notes were:

"great by itself at 2.5%, might want to try a SF batch at 3.5%? should be great with any fruits."

I really need to get around to trying a banana and strawberry, and strawnana, mix with it. You will probably get better and more reliable notes from the ELR flavor page - http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/138470

Quite a few tasting/testing notes over there and it seems pretty well reviewed at 3.5 stars from 19 votes.
You're more of a bakery/dessert guy huh?

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're more of a bakery/dessert guy huh?
yeah, I don't mix fruit recipes too often anymore unless they are bakery/custard dominant. I have one Strawnana Custard in rotation right now and about 14 or 15 x 100ml bottles steeping and the only fruit dominant recipes mixed in there are some fruit x mint ones I mixed for a friend that he never came back for. I am vaping the GrApple Mint currently and it isn't too bad but I imagine I won't be mixing it (or the Apple Mint, or Grape Mint) again for myself once I eventually vape these up. I just remembered I do have a Fruit Pebbles steeping but that is of course a cereal dominant one shot.

I bought way too many flavors when I got into the RF line and even storing them in the fridge I fear many are going to go bad before I can use them up. Thankfully most of my flavors I bought from Walt were when they had really good sales so it won't hurt too bad when I eventually have to dump some out.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to try to make a sour green apple chew/taffy thing tonight. So far im thinking,

RF SC taffy
FW green apple
CAP Juicy orange (tiny bit, this flavor always gives me an essence of bubblegum/taffy)
TFA Sour
CAP Sweet cream

Other ideas include WF Green jolly candy, FE lemon, TFA swedish fish, WF sour gummy candy, FA fuji apple

DIY Flavor Shack Inc.

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Got a couple new flavors in the mail from DIY Flavor Shack from my contest winnings today. Mixed up a batch of Bananas Foster with Nilly Bean Ice Cream. It's frigging amazing! I've really been enjoying banana and dessert flavors lately...which is funny since when I started vaping I thought dessert flavors were disgusting. Turns out I just needed to DIY them.
Thank you so much for the shout out!!!! We have a Vaping Underground coupon code through Sept. underground20 for 20% off your order!!!
www.diyflavorshack.com

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed up 60ml Mango with a touch of vanilla Whipped Cream - like eating a ripe mango, the vanilla Whipped Cream gives it the fulness I like in my vape but doesn't compromise the flavor
2% VT Shisha Mango
1% CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream

60ml RF Blue Raz single flavor at 2% - simple but tasty.

60ml Strawberry Vanilla Custard - tasty, but gonna let it steep...feel like it is missing something, so a good steep might correct whatever it is, hopefully.
4% CAP Sweet Strawberry
2% CAP Vanilla Custard v2

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed up 60ml Mango with a touch of vanilla Whipped Cream - like eating a ripe mango, the vanilla Whipped Cream gives it the fulness I like in my vape but doesn't compromise the flavor
2% VT Shisha Mango
1% CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream

60ml RF Blue Raz single flavor at 2% - simple but tasty.

60ml Strawberry Vanilla Custard - tasty, but gonna let it steep...feel like it is missing something, so a good steep might correct whatever it is, hopefully.
4% CAP Sweet Strawberry
2% CAP Vanilla Custard v2

Nice. Don’t ya love the simple ones? Two flavors....bam! Perfect juice.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mixed up 60MLs of Grack Juice and some other little bottles. I've had these a while but never tried them by themselves (so 10ML solo)-
  • TFA-Dragon Fruit
  • TFA-Honeysuckle
  • CAP-Lemon Lime

I've read that TFA- DX Peanutbutter is just as good or better than the original. Some people claim to prefer it. I got some a while back so I mixed Matty's Peanutbutter Cookie with it 30ML.

I'm also revisiting Mango and have a few more on the way. I'm messing with a Inawera/Flavorah combo and trying to find a ratio/percentages I might like. I mixed three 5ML variations.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed up 60MLs of Grack Juice and some other little bottles. I've had these a while but never tried them by themselves (so 10ML solo)-
  • TFA-Dragon Fruit
  • TFA-Honeysuckle
  • CAP-Lemon Lime

I've read that TFA- DX Peanutbutter is just as good or better than the original. Some people claim to prefer it. I got some a while back so I mixed Matty's Peanutbutter Cookie with it 30ML.

I'm also revisiting Mango and have a few more on the way. I'm messing with a Inawera/Flavorah combo and trying to find a ratio/percentages I might like. I mixed three 5ML variations.
Have you tried VT Shisha Mango? I really like it.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So the TFA DX Peanutbutter is definitely different. It doesn't work as well in the Peanutbutter Cookie. I think it feels way creamier almost to the point of feeling waxy on my tongue. I'll try it in something else because it doesn't taste bad. So if anybody ever thought to try it, think regular=dryer, DX=creamier. I really should try them side by side. But that will make me want to buy a bunch more peanutbutter flavorings to compare lol.

VU Sponsors