Become a Patron!

The Dead Rabbit SQ

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I recently picked one of these up and thought I’d share my thoughts. I generally try and avoid stuff made by the reviewers, in fact this is the first and only reviewer designed product I’ve owned. The RDA seems well made, the orings are nice and everything moves smoothly. It’s easy enough to build on and squonks well. It also comes with a lot of extras, like drip tips and such so those are all pro’s.

All that being said, after a couple of different builds I’m finding out this RDA isn’t really for me. It just seems like an after thought (which technically it is) when it comes to being a single coil rda. The flavor just isn’t there and I think it has a lot to do with the air flow set up. Unless you run it wide open, parts of the coil won’t get any air and running it wide open really mutes the flavor.

I started with a 5 wrap alien and that left too much open space so I switched to something like a 7 wrap, much larger but that left a lot of coil not getting any air to it. I’ve raised and lowered the coils and still get the same results. I started off using the 810 resin tip and that to makes no sense whatsoever for a single coil RDA so i switched with some of my own 510’s but still the same results. It certainly produces a ton of vapor but that’s not why I bought it.

I’m sure plenty of you have had completely different experiences and there is something I’m doing wrong but so far, it’s not for me.

Last edited:

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
So instead of it being half as shitty because it's a single coil it's really just as shitty as the original Dead Rabbit.

Branpro

Member For 4 Years
Personally, I enjoy the SQ. I keep the build slightly higher to the airflow, and usually space my wraps slightly. It’s not my first choice for a flavor set up, mainly use it for the easy deck and squonk capability.

Attachments

• D1C1B583-B49F-4AA7-887D-3463C80313A7.jpeg
    D1C1B583-B49F-4AA7-887D-3463C80313A7.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 50
  • B8541C98-B97E-4D5B-B047-308B1B30BF1D.jpeg
    B8541C98-B97E-4D5B-B047-308B1B30BF1D.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 45

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I don't understand why they removed the single coil airflow option (which the original dual coil deck has), when this is a single coil deck. The only option for single coil airflow is the MTL holes. I was considering buying this when I first saw it, but quickly changed my mind when I saw the airflow options.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I recently picked one of these up and thought I’d share my thoughts. I generally try and avoid stuff made by the reviewers, in fact this is the first and only reviewer designed product I’ve owned. The RDA seems well made, the orings are nice and everything moves smoothly. It’s easy enough to build on and squonks well. It also comes with a lot of extras, like drip tips and such so that’s another pro.

All that being said, after a couple of different builds I’m finding out this RDA isn’t really for me. It just seems like an after thought (which I technically it is) when it comes to being a single coil rda. The flavor just isn’t there and I think it has a lot to do with the air flow set up. Unless you run it wide open, parts of the coil won’t get any air and running it wide open really mutes the flavor.

I started with a 5 wrap alien and that left too much open space so I switched to something like a 7 wrap, much larger but that left a lot of coil not getting any air to it. I’ve raised and lowered the coils and still get the same results. I started off using the 810 resin tip and that to makes no sense whatsoever for a single coil RDA so i switched with some of my own 510’s but still the same results. It certainly produces a ton of vapor but that’s not why I bought it.

I’m sure plenty of you have had completely different experiences and there is something I’m doing wrong but so far, it’s not for me.
+1...agree wholeheartedly.

Branpro

Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I don’t understand the designer’s thought process. He said, that he felt not enough people used the single airflow on a dual coil deck. Thanks captain obvious lol. So then he thought MTL on a squonk rda was a better idea, hahaha.

In all honesty though, it’s a solid squonk rda with the right build, in my opinion. I pay no mind to the other silly functions.

rxmilitia

Member For 4 Years
I own both the 24mm and the 22mm. I much prefer the SQ as I can’t for the life of me get the 24 to stop spitting.

That being said, I did pick up a Drop today which I find to be much better than either of the dead rabbits. I also have the pulse 22 but I have yet to try it out.

Branpro

Member For 4 Years
The Drop is great, best bang for your buck rda, (dual coil) imo. I only use the SQ on my 75c, one coil/one battery. Maybe it’s an OCD thing, that’s just how I roll lol. I’ve heard the pulse and iconic are both good too.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Love mine. 3.5mm coil slammed as low as it can go.View attachment 102673
Have you tried leaving the coil higher, so the airflow slots puts the air intake below the coil? I'd imagine you'd like the flavor better when the coil is up next to the airflow slots. At least I think the flavor from bottom airflow is much, much better than top airflow

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mines already been worked out for trade and leaves this week. It was fun to play around with and I’m ending up with two attys I think I’ll like better.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mines already been worked out for trade and leaves this week. It was fun to play around with and I’m ending up with two attys I think I’ll like better.
If you decide you miss the SQ, PM me, I'll give you mine, cuz I don't like it either....:)

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
If you decide you miss the SQ, PM me, I'll give you mine, cuz I don't like it either....:)
Would you be interested in selling it?
I have the original and like it, but not sure I'd like the SQ. I wouldn't mind trying it if the price was right, though

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
This community has stand up people. That's really cool. I want to get into single coil so bad. I've actually been using my indestructible in single mode. I like using one chunky coil.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors