Become a Patron!

The Deeming Regulation QA Webinar for Retailers

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thought vapers, retailers might find the following of interest.

No way to tell who has seen this or not seen it. Posting it here to help further awareness.

There is also a Reddit thread with links into the video for exact questions.

From what I'm seeing/reading/hearing a large portion of the regulation will rest upon final consumer intention. Well, I do not need to share my intention/s with anyone. I am free to think, to have intention/s all on my own.

I do not need to convey my intentions to the clerk selling me a spool of Kanthal wire, a jug of PG/VG, organic cotton pads. For all the clerk knows I'm building model rockets, maybe going to take the cotton and spin it up to make socks. I might use the wire as a make shift fuse. The clerk doesn't know my intent/ion/s and cannot honestly, truthfully tell anyone else my intent.

Of course, there's probability "reasonable assumption" might be able to apply. Though that has always been difficult to use in court. Who defines what is reasonable? How does anyone define reasonable?

I mean we're left to consider turkey basters. It is reasonable to expect you baste turkeys with them. Well, it is also reasonable they get used to inseminate a woman looking to get pregnant. They've also been used for that regarding livestock as well. So, how could anyone assume anything in the use of any object, reasonably?

People do not need or are not obligated, mandated to reveal their intention. There is no way to enforce that short of a bloody stand off. While government seems keen to push I think there are people in it which still realize the folly in pushing too far.

Also found this regarding a Federal change to tobacco age purchasing. I do not exactly disagree with such a regulation. I do however note it was passed through in a rather underhanded fashion, going on with the Federal spending bill. Why not allow for it to be done by Congress in the regular way laws are passed? Oh, possibly because it might not pass so let us let a dictator write the law?

Found this as well:

The bill, which bases the tax on nicotine content rather than e-liquid volume, proposes a tax of $50.33 per 1,810 milligrams of nicotine, which breaks down to 2.78 cents per mg. Cigarettes are taxed at $50.33 per 1,000 (about $1.00 a pack at retail), or about a half-cent per mg (each cigarette contains about 10 mg, which adds up to 200 mg per pack).

I then consider buying premixed 100% VG with nicotine from Heartland Vapes by 1 liter jugs.

1 Liter is 1,000 ml I then multiply that by the nicotine strength I use, 18 mg per ml. That gives me 18,000 mg of nicotine per 1 liter. Now, if I follow to the bill I see $2.78 as the added tax rate per mg of nicotine. 18,000 mg nicotine times $2.78 == $50,040. Then on top of that, I'm paying roughly $30 for the product and about $10 to ship it so all in $40. So now if this bill makes law I'd pay $50,080 to get 1 liter of premixed "base" ejuice.

12 mg per liter = $33,360 extra tax
9 mg per liter = $25,020 extra tax
6 mg per liter = $16,680 extra tax
3 mg per liter = $8,340 extra tax

Who pays it? Customers/Consumers. You can be sure "business" won't.

I buy my "base" in 1 liter bulk because it makes practical sense to do so. I have a 240 ml bottle I dispense it from throughout the 9 months or so it takes me to use up 1 liter. The bulk jug stays put up to avoid risking my dog getting into it. If I had human children I'd bear the same responsibility, my point being I use it responsibly as a responsible adult.

Look at what we are allowing to come down the pipe though as responsible adults. I won't go back to cigarettes or other tobacco products unless I grow the tobacco myself. I may even grow some for myself anyway at this point as a cash crop. If so I'm not planning a large plot of it, still it would be helpful to pay bills.

Weather I do or don't isn't the point. My point is I cannot afford other tobacco products, either up front financially or long term medically. I won't go back to tobacco, unless I grow it. I enjoy using nicotine though. And yes, I've read it can even be made synthetically.

Why as a responsible adult should I not be able to afford using nicotine if it is my choice? Sorry, I don't see a house down payment and mortgage as being affordable. I won't cheat, steal, maim or kill to use nicotine. But I might damn sure break what will be considered "legal".

This comes to the same argument I have over hunting and fishing licenses. I'll hunt or fish without a license before I'll see myself or family starve. I'll garden and grow food as well, license or no. I was brought up able & capable to do that, many Appalachians were. I'm sure many in the Ozark were as well. Will government then outlaw us all?

This bill taxing nicotine still needs to pass the Senate. Can we make enough noise to keep it from getting passed? I don't know. I'm not political by nature. That aside, I know damn well we don't allow for nanny states or dictators in America. Seems that's what's cooking up in D.C. currently, along with all the other corruption.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
But how much would the tax be on 100mg/ml, with no extra for however you might use it? Like a couple thousand bucks?

I just watched a history vid about Prohibition. If you substitute alcohol for nicotine/vape gear, it could be what we’re faced with now.
Drinkers were stocking up on alcohol before the Volstead Act went into effect. A huge black market based on crime opened up for booze.
Hmm, that’s why they want to ban? Because kids got a hold of THC street carts and got sick? Oh no, it was “e-cigs” that did it!
Bans are meant to save kids from nic and vaping? And the evil flavors that seduced them into vaping?

Sorry, I’m pissed off and really nauseous with the state of affairs in this country. I understand why the so called Lost Generation left for France in the 20’s!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
$50.33 per 1,810 milligrams

But how much would the tax be on 100mg/ml, with no extra for however you might use it? Like a couple thousand bucks?

100 mg * 1,000 ml = 100,000 mg * $2.78 per mg = $278,000 extra tax

Of course, it may be they only charge on 1,810 mg and above. This means you are taxed on 98,190 mg.

98,190 mg * $2.78 = $272,968.20

That's a savings of $5,031.80.

Please note a couple of things here though.

1. I might be unintentionally misconstruing this due to lacking accurate information.

2. The Federal government is not aiding in presenting accurate information. Instead they are purposely leaving a great deal open to interpretation, vagueness. They have been pressed and asked politely to clarify and or specify.

Will they? Doubtful as if it is left "open" then, they can turn it however they choose in a court so as to ensnare anyone. See "the house always wins" rule.

Either way consumers are bound to be fucked.

I'm officially filing this a grievance of oppressing my eleventh amendment right/s.

Article the eleventh [Amendment IX]
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

One right I retain is the right to affordably enjoy nicotine as a responsible adult. All the rest of you can piss off as far as I care. If you cannot parent your child let the STATE do it for you. You also may be interested in public health sterilization procedures. Being sterile would further prevent those terribly confounding children things.

Oh you're offended? Well, ...

Article the third [Amendment I]
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

... Means I do not need to apologize for expressing my opinion, or lodging for redress of grievance.

I just watched a history vid about Prohibition. If you substitute alcohol for nicotine/vape gear, it could be what we’re faced with now.

A yep, been compared a whole lot on here. Ultimately we have figured out this is not in any way related to public health / safety / well being. What it is related to and precisely about is money. Close a school, open a prison. More profit in a prison.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors