Become a Patron!

The dreaded tank cracker strikes...

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I broke one of my Innokin isub tanks today. It looked like the chimney was off center so I went to wiggle it. And snapped the damn thing right out. I had Placid by Adirondack in it, and I have read that it can be a tank cracker, so possibly it weakened the connection point. I guess I'll vape that in my VCT from now on. At least I broke a cheapie. I kind of liked that tank though. I have another one, but it still makes me sort of sad that I broke one. I guess that means I get to buy a new one. Not exactly sure what kind. I rarely vape past 23 watts, and my istick doesn't go above 40. Would the crown perform well at 40 or less? If not, any suggestions for a durable tank that performs at or below 40? I usually prefer sub ohm, but I'm kind of liking the 1.2 ohm coils I accidentally bought for my vct. I like clouds ok, but flavor is more important. I try to go as max vg as possible. Top fill would be a plus.
And go....

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up the eleaf 60w tc kit with the Melo 2 thinking the tank would be kinda meh.. I was pleasantly surprised at the flavor and vapor at 30-35 watts , it's a top side full and I have actually banged it around a bit and it is a trooper , I have the crown and a subtank plus and mini also a dark horse and a mutation v4 , I think I gave 65$ plus shipping to the door for the kit and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good flavor tank as I enjoy it daily , just remember to ramp up the coil ,I start at 20 and work up to 35 over a few hours and a couple tanks of juice .hope this helps

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With the low ohm coils for the crown, I suspect you'll be vaping at 35 watts upwards. Another top fill tank to consider is the Silo Beast, it uses the silo coils or Atlantis V2 coils. The .5 Silo heads are a nice vape at 30 watts.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. I'll check out the above suggestions.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 1.2 ohm Crown heads and the RBA vape very well at 30 watts or lower. I usually vape my Crown at about 22 watts with non subohm coils.

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is a `tank cracker`, and why does it happen?

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is a `tank cracker`, and why does it happen?
I'm not sure exactly why, but some juices will react with plastic material in tanks and cause them to crack/degrade. Cinnamon is one example.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure exactly why, but some juices will react with plastic material in tanks and cause them to crack/degrade. Cinnamon is one example.
Many companies will note if a juice is a tank cracker.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hopefully I'll settle on one soon, while there are some sweet deals available. All the above suggested tanks have good points to consider. Such a hard decision ...

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like that most of them have a 1.2 option. Love .5s but they draw the battery down much faster.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
for me the crown tank needs at least 55watts for the .5 ohm and 75 watts for the .25 ohm. i have the isub and its been a great tank, ive never worried about it cracking, ive put cinnoman roll juice in it as well. i just got the spitfire from praxis and its a great tank at around 35 to 40 watts with the .5 ohm coil head
bca418752c74872c381a96b970ee03ef.jpg

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I broke one of my Innokin isub tanks today. <snip> I kind of liked that tank though. I have another one, but it still makes me sort of sad that I broke one. <snip>
And go....

If you liked the isub tank and have another (so I assume you have coils for it), you might consider the isub-G. It's the glass version of the isub, uses the same coils, etc. And it's only a few dollars (7 or 8) more than the regular isub.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you liked the isub tank and have another (so I assume you have coils for it), you might consider the isub-G. It's the glass version of the isub, uses the same coils, etc. And it's only a few dollars (7 or 8) more than the regular isub.
Barbara, do you know if those coils( .5, 1.2, etc) fit the Apex tank?

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went ahead and got the crown. I'm using a 1.2 coil to start with because my istick only goes to 40 watts. I'll try the temp control coil next, just to figure out what I like better. Temp control is supposed to save battery in theory, but it actually runs it down faster in my experience. Anybody else notice this? But at any rate, the 1.2 coil is fine.

VU Sponsors