Become a Patron!

The Ehpro Big Bear Review by DeucesJack

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ehpro Big Bear Review by DeucesJack

Let's get all the disclosures out of the way. This RDTA was in fact sent to me specifically for the purposes of this review. This will in no way shape or form affect my opinion or induce me to give it a favorable review.
877784d6af8e1d65c0fea796d4ce7a20.jpg

42a8eb1786d06ad0d8730708ac41a017.jpg

First Impressions Out of the Box:

Wow! This is a weird rendition of the RDTA. It has a wall going down the middle of the tank that allows you to vape two different flavors at the same time. The wall has a silicone like gasket that keeps your juices separated. Really unique and definitely the first time I have seen this. Build materials seem solid and the tank is mostly metal except for the glass, top cap, and chuff cap. It also has two separate fill ports on each side of the tank.
c899ee0f6dc1be9195393ebbec71b7a6.jpg

What's Included:

Open the box and you are greeted by all the usual suspects. User manual, spare grub screws, spare o rings, Allen key, spare glass, two sets of coils, and a rubber plug for single coil mode are all included. The User Manual is well done and appreciated since this tank is different in a lot of ways.
be92fd004d6830a3583ff195af71f8cb.jpg

The RDTA:

As usual let's start at the top and work our way down. The Drip Tip is delrin and it's kind of a cross between a chuff cap and a wide bore 510 DT. There is no 510 adapter. The top cap is made of plastic and metal as well and it has a slight conical design that does get a little warm when chain vaping at high wattages. They probably should have flattened that part out. A shame that the Beta Testers didn't catch it. I know I would have. The metal part of the top cap also serves as the AFC control. It has dual o rings and just the right amount of tension.

The deck is next. How can a I describe it? It's a velocity styled deck with screws on the top and side. In the middle of the posts there's a solid milled wall. The wall looks to be like a continuation of the wall in the tank. It has cuts and bevels in it that make cutting your leads much easier. Really well thought out and beautifully done.
51a8bb326a88e6531325c855eb5166c0.jpg
5a56288fd213111ba53a2e7d5a24b293.jpg

Like most RDTA’s below the deck there is a ring for the fill ports. There are two fill ports, one for each side. This is the part that the sleeve slides onto with two o rings. Again the tension is real nice when juiced up. The sleeve itself is painted with what seems like a very durable paint so far. It does have a Bear painted on it in gold that I could do without. On the other side is Big Bear written in script. I would have preferred the script instead of the graphic but it's not a big deal. The tank section is of course made of glass. The base section is the same color as the sleeve. The tank breaks down into seven pieces. The glass, fill ring, retention ring, sleeve, top cap, and DT.
3a3abfc692b045239fbc90ba780f6735.jpg

The retention ring screws down around the cotton and does a really good job of tightening things up around the cotton to make leaking less of an issue. This does not affect the wicking at all. The fill port ring is another piece that is extremely well done. It's machined in a way so that the slots inside line up with the base of the deck. This insures that the fill ports are always in the same offset spot. Allowing you to fill the tank without having the cotton get in the way. Lastly, the base is the same color as the sleeve. It has a smooth, protruding, gold plated 510 pin. The base of the tank is 25mm.

But Deuces, How does she vape?

Vape quality in this tank is fantastic. While personally it's really not my style it is definitely a clouds bro tank. You can fit massive builds in it without any issue. Right now I'm running dual SS Claptons wrapped six times around a 3.5 bit. I'm ohming out at .25 at 100 watts in TC at 500f. I get thick, dense, massive, flavorful clouds. The truth is I'm really not an RDTA guy but this one has earned a spot in my rotation. I like the smooth airflow and the flavor I get off of this tank.

I especially like the ability to be able to run 2 flavors at once. At first I thought it was silly and I said to myself why not just mix the juices. So I tried a little experiment. I took 2 juices I know really well I and mixed them in equal parts. I vaped it and it was ok but I really couldn't taste the nuances of the juices that I could when they were apart. The flavors just did not seem to mingle well. Next, I took the same juices and ran them separately, one in each side of the tank. The funny thing is it tasted much better. It was almost as if I was getting one side on the inhale and the other on the exhale. Now, I know this isn't exactly scientific but that was my experience. I definitely got a different tasting combination as opposed to just throwing the juices together.

I will say this, this is one thirsty tank just like most RDTA’S. One annoying little thing about the split tank is that no matter what type of setup I use one side seems to always finish before the other. Not a big deal but definitely annoying. The airflow is smooth and I get absolutely no whistling.

Conclusion:

So who should buy this tank? If you're into Genny style tanks this is definitely a must have. If you DIY and might want to vape your own flavors all at once then this tank is for you. Maybe you just want something different and innovative? If you fall into any of these categories give this tank a shot. It is well made and vapes beautifully. As far as RDTA’s go this tank is DeucesJack approved. If you liked this review and found it helpful please feel free to give it a like and follow me on this forum .

Pros:

- Different and innovative
- Quality materials
- Smooth airflow
- Well thought out
- Deck is easy to build and wick
Flavor
- Clouds bro
- Vape two different flavors at once
- Can be run in single and dual coil. mode
- Parts with o'rings have just the right amount of tension.

Cons:

- Bear graphic is silly looking
- Thirsty tank
- Tank does not drain evenly
- No 510 adapter
- Gets warm on the top cap if chain vaping

Specs:

Material :high temperature resistant glass +SS
Specifications :25*53.5mm (length does not contain 510 threads)
Compatible mods :compatible with all 510 thread mods
Positive pin :Brass plated gold
Insulating material :pEEK
Air intake :side intake
Refilling method :side refilling
Eliquid storage mode :2 independent eliquid storage mode
Eliquid capacity :2ml*2
Coils :Dual coils (single coil also can be optional )

How She Looks On Multiple Mods:

The G2
5add49f811566fd315c9bc777e004dea.jpg

The IPV5
f38e98d742e3bc0081d77d65df4aafa0.jpg

The VT133
a3fd56ce3125446110ea20806fee6916.jpg

The Reauleaux DNA
705be2ff68a45e43f40ee07c626b04fc.jpg

The Slice
6e76526e40d46d7fc79c362d5d1f7508.jpg

***NOTE*** If you're a Vendor and would like a DeucesJack review please contact me at [email protected]

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Last edited:

VU Sponsors