Become a Patron!

The Eleaf Lemo has ruined me!!!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I have been predominantly using my new Eleaf Lemo since getting it earlier this week. Yesterday I rebuilt one of my Kayfuns for some new juice I got. First puff and I was like WTF??? Is something stuck in my drip tip??? The draw was so tight. Checked and the AFC screws are backed out as far as they can be without being beyond the base. So I took them out. Still pretty tight. Yes there is that much of a difference between the airflow with the Lemo and KFL. I never noticed just how tight the KFL's were before using the Lemo. The Lemo has totally changed my perception of a more airy draw. And also made me not enjoy my Kayfuns as much now.

Just ordered a second Lemo last night.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea the lemo beats the kayfun hands down, the build deck on the lemo is so easy to work on, as it is bigger and the deck screws are bigger and easy to catch your wire under, also can build lower resistance without worrying your melt the insulator like the kayfun. Larger tank capacity with glass tank, so don't have to worry about what juice your putting in it.

The only thing I would like see changed in a v2, is that damn air control, moves by itself as so loose and no idea where your setting it at, but that is the only negative I can really give the lemo :)

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Kayfuns have a tight draw, even when fully open.
Too tight for my taste.

I never actually had a problem with the draw on a Kayfun as I like a tighter draw. But after experience the airy draw on the Lemo I have changed my stance. I will say I do not like the Lemo fully open. But with it almost completely closed off it is much more airy that a Kayfun wide open.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea the lemo beats the kayfun hands down, the build deck on the lemo is so easy to work on, as it is bigger and the deck screws are bigger and easy to catch your wire under, also can build lower resistance without worrying your melt the insulator like the kayfun. Larger tank capacity with glass tank, so don't have to worry about what juice your putting in it.

The only thing I would like see changed in a v2, is that damn air control, moves by itself as so loose and no idea where your setting it at, but that is the only negative I can really give the lemo :)

If you like the most open setting, can you just remove the control ring? I'm definitely tempted by the Lemo air flow, though I've been recently Orchidized and can't really justify the side step.

The Erlkonigin looks to be another possible upgrage for Kayfun users who want better airflow. Way cheaper cloned at $14. I'd try it in a second if I didn't have to marry that drip tip. :( Oh, they have an SS drip tip version. I'll go for that. :) Maybe (again, Orchidized) .

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Somehing to put on my Xmas list.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you like the most open setting, can you just remove the control ring? I'm definitely tempted by the Lemo air flow, though I've been recently Orchidized and can't really justify the side step.

No I don't like the Lemo wide open. In fact I enjoy it mostly closed which is still way more airy than a KFL without the AFC screws.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No I don't like the Lemo wide open. In fact I enjoy it mostly closed which is still way more airy than a KFL without the AFC screws.

I hear you. If you did like it wide open though, would everything function okay if you removed the ring?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hear you. If you did like it wide open though, would everything function okay if you removed the ring?

Absolutely. The AFC is that ring with two notches around the pin. It just screws freely back and forth. There are holes in the pin that that ring covers or uncovers. If you take it off it really would not affect anything.

u2e5a7ep.jpg

Tap'd from my LG G2

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The Erlkonigin looks to be another possible upgrage for Kayfun users who want better airflow. Way cheaper cloned at $14. I'd try it in a second if I didn't have to marry that drip tip. :( Oh, they have an SS drip tip version. I'll go for that. :) Maybe (again, Orchidized) .

I don't like the air fully open, the airflow is really airy fully open, and notice you do lose some flavor when have it open to much, think next time I have the base open and got it dialed in, will add a couple of drops of loctite to it, to hold it in place :)

I got a Erlkornigin clone coming from fasttech, but I chose one with the drip tip adapter, as feel the same way about the that drip tip, want to be able to change that out for sure.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Absolutely
I don't like the air fully open, the airflow is really airy fully open, and notice you do lose some flavor when have it open to much, think next time I have the base open and got it dialed in, will add a couple of drops of loctite to it, to hold it in place :)

I got a Erlkornigin clone coming from fasttech, but I chose one with the drip tip adapter, as feel the same way about the that drip tip, want to be able to change that out for sure.

I'm gonna pull the screw and wrap it a few times with teflon tape. Just ordered another one so I will do it with that one when it arrives as a trial run.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm currently in the process of getting used to super-airy draws, by leaving both air holes wide open on my Big Drippers. As a result, when I go back to other atomizers, I find them tight now. Even the XPure, which I used to find totally loose with the air intake valve open all the way, feels blocked up now.

It's all a matter of perception really...

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't used my KFL since I got the Lemo. To me it's definitely a Kayfun killer due to the the bigger deck, glass tank and airflow. I agree that the airflow control ring moves around too much once you loosen it. I used just a dab of the purple loctite on the thread to keep it where I set it. The purple is the lowest strength so I know I can bust it loose when I need to.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Absolutely

I'm gonna pull the screw and wrap it a few times with teflon tape. Just ordered another one so I will do it with that one when it arrives as a trial run.

Good idea, when I need to rebuild it, will do the same thing ;)

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another plus is that the build deck is actually pretty easy to use the side holes.

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The Erlkonigin clone comes with a drip tip adapter so you can use any drip tip you want

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I watched the build on that thing and the wicking looks like a complete nightmare.

I don't think it is a nightmare, it is just a different wicking style, which most atties have a slightly different way to wick better than each other, just like the fogger, I have long wicks that I push down onto the deck, but the orchid, I have very short wicks which just touch the deck.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think it is a nightmare, it is just a different wicking style, which most atties have a slightly different way to wick better than each other, just like the fogger, I have long wicks that I push down onto the deck, but the orchid, I have very short wicks which just touch the deck.

I guess. I just like to KISS. Kayfun and Kayfun style wicking. Don't wanna really mess with different wicking styles. Just like I don't mess with different coil styles. Simple single micro coil and I am good to go.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
does the lemo leak from the bottom fill screw? the photo above shows a wet fill screw with liquid surrounding it. not sure if that is a problem or not.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
does the lemo leak from the bottom fill screw? the photo above shows a wet fill screw with liquid surrounding it. not sure if that is a problem or not.

I haven't had a problem with leaks. The juice is just in the head of the screw. Sometimes I will just let the screw set on the base and sometimes you get a little juice on there when filling. Screw just gets into the juice.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I started using the fill grub instead of the screw, and no leaking using it, I prefer it because can be a pain to get that screw in.

Got a 10 hour shift tomorrow, got the lemo filled ready, as know it will last a 10 hour shift, unlike any of my other atties :)

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get slight leaking from the screw and much more leaking from the rubber plug. Not a big deal.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I get slight leaking from the screw and much more leaking from the rubber plug. Not a big deal.

Are you sure it is leaking with the screw and not condensation??? I do get some condensation between the bottom cap and the base.

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Positive about the leaking from both. For the rubber I might not be screwing down the base completely. But a little leaking is better than not being able to take this apart. I really hate how hard it is to start the screw, that's why I went with the other plug.

But its super easy to build on, easy to always wick right, and just works. Oh and it holds more juice than an Orchid.

I have two Lemo's now and have had no problems with leaking. A little normal condensation in the base, but nothing more. I have not used the included rubber fill plugs let, but I've had no trouble with the fill screws leaking on either of them.

As far as the AFC ring, it does seem to loosen itself opening up the draw. My fix was to set the AFC to taste, and then install a 510 drip tip o-ring over the end of the screw under the ring to hold the position. In my experience, the AFC has never tightened up on it own, just loosened, so this has solved the minor annoyance for me.

The Lemo is a fantastic. No other tank I've tried touches it for airflow, including the Orchid or Foggers.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two Lemo's now and have had no problems with leaking. A little normal condensation in the base, but nothing more. I have not used the included rubber fill plugs let, but I've had no trouble with the fill screws leaking on either of them.

As far as the AFC ring, it does seem to loosen itself opening up the draw. My fix was to set the AFC to taste, and then install a 510 drip tip o-ring over the end of the screw under the ring to hold the position. In my experience, the AFC has never tightened up on it own, just loosened, so this has solved the minor annoyance for me.

The Lemo is a fantastic. No other tank I've tried touches it for airflow, including the Orchid or Foggers.

If you can, @MOVapor or anybody else, would you please measure the air hole opening at the top of the deck? I would--perhaps we would--love to have that dimension to compare to the attys competing with Lemo on airflow. Thank you in advance.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I did a side by side today........Lemo vs. my Orchid v4 with M-tank.
Orchid wins no question.....add that the fact that you can use Kayfun parts on it...well....win

If you can, @MOVapor or anybody else, would you please measure the air hole opening at the top of the deck? I would--perhaps we would--love to have that dimension to compare to the attys competing with Lemo on airflow. Thank you in advance.

I could maybe take a measurement next time I rebuild one of them, but here is a side by side photo of the build decks and chimney sections of the Lemo Vs. a KFL clone base for a comparison:

sidebysidedecks_zpsfe120054.jpg

sidebyside_zps43c9e146.jpg

I did a side by side today........Lemo vs. my Orchid v4 with M-tank.
Orchid wins no question.....add that the fact that you can use Kayfun parts on it...well....win

I don't have a Orchid V4 for a comparison, but I do have a Tobeco V2. Compared to my V2 the Lemo has a bit more airflow then the Orchid if that's what were comparing. Maybe the V4 has improved airflow, although the V2 is no slouch by any means.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Same airflow. Greater capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could maybe take a measurement next time I rebuild one of them, but here is a side by side photo of the build decks and chimney sections of the Lemo Vs. a KFL clone base for a comparison:

sidebysidedecks_zpsfe120054.jpg

sidebyside_zps43c9e146.jpg

Oh thanks. This works fine for me, and it's a more relevant apples to apples comparison. Scaling off the image, Lemo has a bit over twice the potential airflow of the KFL. Putting aside how configurable the Kayfun system is, iSmoka has clearly built a better Kayfun. The inventive part in the design was detaching the air flow system from the 510 center pin, which was always the design limitation of the Kayfun regarding air flow.

I don't think apples to oranges comparisons to Orchid (2 x coils, air holes, juice channels) are so relevant, unless we're simply asking what's the best RTA vape with no qualifications. But qualifications come into play. Even though Orchid is my favorite RTA, I'm finding it a bit too power/juice thirsty for my stealth size 18350 rigs. For those, I have recently been preferring KFL Nano--though now I'm thinking Sat22 may bump the Nano for that purpose. Lemo, while better than KFL, will be too bulky for what I consider stealth size.

So at home I would probably choose Lemo over KFL. Or possibly Erlkonigin over KFL. But Lemo over Orchid? I'm inclined to defer to @franciscan on that.

Last edited:

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good deals on there for them. I ordered one saturday and the orchid v4 also. Damn vaping habit. Lol

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well off to ebay I go for eleaf lemo :):D
Before you order there are a few sites that have it for $34.99 shipped. I will get a link when I get home. Can't remember the one site that I saw them on.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
anyone know where to get the lemo drop yet? been trying to hold out for this one as i hate how huge the original is

Capture.PNG

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Forgot I was supposed to post a link the other day. Here is the Lemo for $33.95. Cheaper than I paid on ebay.

Vaporcompany

VU Sponsors