Become a Patron!

The Flavor Guy?

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not overly concerned with organics or natural flavorings but I'm curious to know if anyone here has heard of or tried http://naturesflavors.com/ . There are posts at ECF but I can't get in there right now to read them.
I was just intrigued with the selection and this man's obsessive passion for flavorings.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not overly concerned with organics or natural flavorings but I'm curious to know if anyone here has heard of or tried http://naturesflavors.com/ . There are posts at ECF but I can't get in there right now to read them.
I was just intrigued with the selection and this man's obsessive passion for flavorings.

Yes, several of us have used them. I've only used the NF organic ginger! @HeadInClouds has tried more, I think.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@HeadInClouds Hi! I heard that you've tried some of NF. What did you think? I'm not concerned with having to vape organic, I was just impressed with the selection and his passion for flavorings.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I've used a dozen or so NF flavorings. Are there particular flavors you're curious about?

Their Ginger is aaaawesome! That's gotta be their star flavor. It can be ginger ale, or candied ginger, or bakery ginger - it'll do anything you want, depending what you mix it with. Butter Pecan is similarly stunning.

Their Kona is very distinctive. You'll either love or hate it. There's a popular vendor of VG juice that uses NF. Kona Milkshake is one of their flavors; it uses NF Kona Cream. Their Coffee is much milder but somehow has a similar flavor, an uncurrent, if you will, that's either addictive or revolting. I found their coffees all pretty strong.

Their Chocolate is similarly distinctive. Just try 1 if you've never had NF. If you like 1, you'll like them all. They sort of gag me, lol.

There are lots of fans for the Caramel Cream and Butterscotch flavors.

Haha! Carrot Cake! It's not as hard to mix with as TFA's Pumpkin, but it's close. That is a very raw and strong carrot flavor. Don't mix it standalone and expect it to taste as named, but I think a creative mixer could make something good from it.

Their Danish Pastry and Brown Sugar flavors are two that should frighten a vaper. They taste fine, but the bottom half of the flavor bottle is white sediment; top half is translucent. Who knows what that white stuff might be.

Their Peppermint, Spearmint, and Wintergreen are all correct - exactly the flavor you expect, pretty tasty.

I'm drawing a blank on the others I've tried. ALL the flavors are quite sweet. It's a brand that needs no sweetener. Anything that could conceivably taste buttery is VERY buttery. Um....the fruits I tried did not appeal to me, because they're also quite sweet and a bit buttery flavored.

If diacetyl and substitutes are of concern to you, you should do some research. They have different product lines and have not been forthcoming regarding their ingredients.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've used a dozen or so NF flavorings. Are there particular flavors you're curious about?

Their Ginger is aaaawesome! That's gotta be their star flavor. It can be ginger ale, or candied ginger, or bakery ginger - it'll do anything you want, depending what you mix it with. Butter Pecan is similarly stunning.

Their Kona is very distinctive. You'll either love or hate it. There's a popular vendor of VG juice that uses NF. Kona Milkshake is one of their flavors; it uses NF Kona Cream. Their Coffee is much milder but somehow has a similar flavor, an uncurrent, if you will, that's either addictive or revolting. I found their coffees all pretty strong.

Their Chocolate is similarly distinctive. Just try 1 if you've never had NF. If you like 1, you'll like them all. They sort of gag me, lol.

Haha! Carrot Cake! It's not as hard to mix with as TFA's Pumpkin, but it's close. That is a very raw and strong carrot flavor. Don't mix it standalone and expect it to taste as named, but I think a creative mixer could make something good from it.

Their Danish Pastry and Brown Sugar flavors are two that should frighten a vaper. They taste fine, but the bottom half of the flavor bottle is white sediment; top half is translucent. Who knows what that white stuff might be.

Their Peppermint, Spearmint, and Wintergreen are all correct - exactly the flavor you expect, pretty tasty.

I'm drawing a blank on the others I've tried. ALL the flavors are quite sweet. It's a brand that needs no sweetener. Anything that could conceivably taste buttery is VERY buttery. Um....the fruits I tried did not appeal to me, because they're also quite sweet and a bit buttery flavored.

If diacetyl and substitutes are of concern to you, you should do some research. They have different product lines and have not been forthcoming regarding their ingredients.
Wow, thank you for taking the time. I really appreciate it. DIY is just a thought in my brain right now but I know I will get there soon. I've wasted money on pre-made juices and am trying not to do the same with flavorings. I've gotten names from some of the members here whom I trust. I do love caramel and creamy flavors like custards so it's good to hear that their caramel cream is good. I'm also a fan of butter pecan. Well, right there is a good start! Thanks again:)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I checked my notes and found a few others:

Cinnamon is another that's the flavor you'd expect - sweet, bakery cinnamon.

I thought Malt was very good - it's sweet and malty.

Chocolate Malt will only appeal to those who like their chocolate flavors.

Their White Chocolate Mousse (who could resist that name?) is not white chocolate at all. It's sweet and creamy, but I tasted no white chocolate. It should be called Buttery Sweet Cream, and it could work like that.

Lemon was the one fruit flavor I liked when I tried it, but I've found better since then. It's exceptionally bright, not overly sweet, not buttery at all.

Almond Vanilla is one that either changed formulas or has two very different versions. I had one that was a great flavor all by itself, but I had another bottle with the same name that tasted like (pardon the crude description) vomit. I read reviews by others that left me believing some vendors have sold the wrong stuff with this name on it, but I could never figure that out.

Their Toffee is a buttered buttery toffee flavor with extra butter. And it's sweet. It should have been named Sweet Brown Butter; then I would have known better than to try it standalone, lol!

I think that's about it for me. They're all alcohol-based, zero PG flavorings. Most people like to let them "air out" to evaporate the alcohol before vaping. Some people aren't bothered by it. I kinda like it.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Ahhh the prize winning kona milkshake huh? Good to know

VU Sponsors