The flu. The Pneumonia. The Blood Infection. **Warning Graphic Images**

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So I had all my chest tubes pulled out and one will be left in with a little box attached to it, kinda like a colostomy bag for my lungs. I have to keep it in for a few weeks until it’s all cleared up. It was that or another week in this chop, I took the obvious choice. So I’ll be out of here tomorrow afternoon and pretty much off my feet for another few weeks.

It feels great to be off of the fentynal pump that was pretty much keeping me in a stooper and making my pain worse. It dispensed a hit of fentynal every 8 min and i was pushing the button ever 16 min. Now I’m on 2-4 mils of duladed every 4-6 hours which is much more manageable.

My wife will be controlling my meds when i get home because left to my own devices, I’ll run through that months script in a week. Thank god for wives, w**d and will power. First order of business when I get home is eat a big pizza, build my new Dead Rabbit sq and try out my new pax vape. I can’t thank you all enough for the support.

:banana:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you are going home.
Man you must be bored if looking forward to a dead rabbit :)

JK
I’ve been beyond bored. Even suffered a bit of delirium. Since I’m immune compromised I’ve been in the isolation portion of the ICU and kinda started losing my mind. Clocks going back words, whispering when there was no one around, seeing things in the shadows... it’s been real, or not so real.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve been beyond bored. Even suffered a bit of delirium. Since I’m immune compromised I’ve been in the isolation portion of the ICU and kinda started losing my mind. Clocks going back words, whispering when there was no one around, seeing things in the shadows... it’s been real, or not so real.
hang in there.
the drugs prolly had a bit to do with your disconnect.
Maybe hospital food?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hang in there.
the drugs prolly had a bit to do with your disconnect.
Maybe hospital food?

Thank God my exposure to the hospital food has been minimal. My mom and dad cooked trays of different Lebanese food for me that they froze and my wife has been bringing in. Although I’ve still been having what’s they pass off as breakfast but it hasn’t been that bad.

Definitely the drugs and lighting messing with my brain.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Get-Well-Soon-Dear-Lily-lilyz-20037142-353-283.gif

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just getting caught up in here. SO glad to see you're back home. I hope you're doing well and getting settled back in with your family, where you belong!

Speedy recovery to you. :hug:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Home at last.

It feels so strange.

So glad to see you’re home and on the road to a full recovery!!!!!

Don’t scare us like that again, bro. You are family here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
**Warning Graphic Images**

Hello all.

I thought I would wrap this thread up...

So I’m home and while it’s great to be here, it’s an adjustment. I’m wrapped up in bandages and have a tube coming out of my side that drains disgustingness into a little, plastic box. It’s all clogged up and that means a trip to the hospital tomorrow so they can swap it out, its quick and painless but doing just about anything is a painful chore. My wife, who has thankfully fully recovered has to do a lot of dirty work, I wouldn’t have the stomach if the roles were reversed.

It’s great to be back with my daughter but man is she exhausting. She’s eager to help any time she can but she’s 5 so...

Another major adjustment is the pain management situation. In the hospital I was on either a morphine or fentynal pump. So I basically had drugs flowing through my blood all day and night long. Here at home, I’m on a fraction of the drugs and it is not easy. Aside from all the pain, it’s safe to say that given my history, I’m strung out. Thank God for my wife doling out my meds or id be in real trouble. I definitely watch the clock and scheme in my head but I know the consequences of my schemes.

I have to use a cane to get around so I’m constantly threatening my cats, wife and child with thrashing’s which I find amusing, them not so much. You gotta stay busy though.. I tried vaping a couple times because I’m an idiot and that isn’t working. I do have a MTL set up that I take a non inhale tootle puff off here and there’s when I’m bored and want a little flavor.

Well, here’s the pics. I think @The Cromwell said it best in another thread, that I’ve squonkified or something to that effect.

Thanks again to everyone here for the thoughts and prayers. It really meant a lot.

Attachments

• B945CBF7-EE36-4076-BF14-5F2A85EE0299.jpeg
    B945CBF7-EE36-4076-BF14-5F2A85EE0299.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 31
  • 34F07542-941A-40B3-8828-361921611074.jpeg
    34F07542-941A-40B3-8828-361921611074.jpeg
    717.5 KB · Views: 31
  • CE920862-81D7-4FE2-8CDB-25467DD9F4AA.jpeg
    CE920862-81D7-4FE2-8CDB-25467DD9F4AA.jpeg
    973.9 KB · Views: 30

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
skt....get some Kratom to relieve the pain, and the Kratom will get you off the opioids (with absolutely no withdrawals)....it works, like a miracle.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually do have a little Kratom on hand. I got some when I originally kicked the pills, used it for a day but it was too much like the real thing. I figure once this is all said and done, if I need it I’ll use the Kratom. Hopefully it won’t be needed.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I actually do have a little Kratom on hand. I got some when I originally kicked the pills, used it for a day but it was too much like the real thing. I figure once this is all said and done, if I need it I’ll use the Kratom. Hopefully it won’t be needed.
I hear ya man...those opioids are a BITCH to get off....!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man you were really in rough shape, glad to hear your home....!!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
You had a rough ride there skt and continue to have difficult choices ahead :( sounds like your battling the urges though and remaining positive keep the mental fight up mate

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I hear ya man...those opioids are a BITCH to get off....!
Overall, it's mind over body. I've done all kind of drugs available. However, I was able to control it. I've been clean for over 20 years. Where there's a will, there's a way!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. My issues with pharmaceutical began because of a chronic illness. They were prescribed to me by doctors and helped me immensely for many years. Once they stopped helping I stopped using. It was never a party for me but more of a burden, kinda like now.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all.

The saga continues.

Well its been a long and miserable couple months but I think its finally over.

I may have explained earlier that the tube in my chest (see horrifying pictures above for reference) could not be removed at once, rather slowly backed out over the course of a few months. Removing it all at once would cause my lung to collapse and other terrible things. Well, I had a hole in my lung that caused an air leak and was not healing. As a result, the tube was only backed out a few centimeters last month and that was it. So, I've basically been in constant pain and having to deal with maintaining the drain and bandages.. well my wife had to, I just complained a lot.

Before we left the hospital and at every doctor's appointment I was warned; if the tube should ever come out, I should immediately apply a special bandage, call 911 and start praying. Today, my daughter and I were laying in bed watching the simpsons when the site started to feel like it was bleeding or leaking. I called for my wife who pulled back the bandages and noticed it looked a little weird. She sent me to the bathroom for closer inspection and when I stood up, I heard something it the floor. I thought it was the remote or my phone but to my horror, it was the tube laying on the floor. My wife, daughter and I all stood in silence for what seemed like an eternity staring at the tube. I was prepared for a full freak out but remembered my 5 year old and pulled it together. "Oops! I said, I don't think that's supposed to happen!" I said nervously laughing and ushering her down the hall to feed cats.

I immediately dialed 911 while my wife applied the special bandages and started to mutter prayers and curses at the same time. Minutes later the ambulance showed up and off I went. Long story short, I cheated death once again. My lung is intact and its pretty much healed up. The doctor slapped a new bandage on it and sent me home with an order to be in his office Monday morning.

So it's over. It ended the way it started, abruptly and unconventionally. The moral of this post? I can vape, shower, sleep and move around like a normal person. Thanks again for all the support.

:stars::stars2::hearts::confetti:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hello all.

The saga continues.

I may have explained earlier that the tube in my chest (see horrifying pictures above for reference) could not be removed at once, rather slowly backed out over the course of a few months. Removing it all at once would cause my lung to collapse and other terrible things. Well, I had a hole in my lung that caused an air leak and was not healing. As a result, the tube was only backed out a few centimeters last month and that was it. So, I've basically been in constant pain and having to deal with maintaining the drain and bandages.. well my wife had to, I just complained a lot.

Before we left the hospital and at every doctor's appointment I was warned; if the tube should ever come out, I should immediately apply a special bandage, call 911 and start praying. Today, my daughter and I were laying in bed watching the simpsons when the site started to feel like it was bleeding or leaking. I called for my wife who pulled back the bandages and noticed it looked a little weird. She sent me to the bathroom for closer inspection and when I stood up, I heard something it the floor. I thought it was the remote or my phone but to my horror, it was the tube laying on the floor. My wife, daughter and I all stood in silence for what seemed like an eternity staring at the tube. I was prepared for a full freak out but remembered my 5 year old and pulled it together. "Oops! I said, I don't think that's supposed to happen!" I said nervously laughing and ushering her down the hall to feed cats.

I immediately dialed 911 while my wife applied the special bandages and started to mutter prayers and curses at the same time. Minutes later the ambulance showed up and off I went. Long story short, I cheated death once again. My lung is intact and its pretty much healed up. The doctor slapped a new bandage on it and sent me home with an order to be in his office Monday morning.

So it's over. It ended the way it started, abruptly and unconventionally. The moral of this post? I can vape, shower, sleep and move around like a normal person. Thanks again for all the support.

Man alive - very dramatic - glad you are saved!!!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hello all.

The saga continues.

Congratulations!
Glad to see it’s over! You’re easily the luckiest person I know...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dammitman, you don't do anything half way, do you? So glad you're on the mend to human again. :hug: (and God bless your wife - :blowkiss:)

BTW, saw a pic of your daughter in another thread. She's absolutely precious.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all.

The saga continues.

Just....wow....:huh:... unbelievable dude! So relieved for this ending to what was such a long nightmare for you!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I thought we were done with drama on the underground! Haha skt you have dodged one heck of a bullet there...really happy to hear youre ok
:stars:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems like allot of trouble to go to just so you can show people your round scar while you tell the story about getting shot by a hunter that mistook you for an adolescent Bigfoot. But, whatever. :p

Glad you're all healed up.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems like allot of trouble to go to just so you can show people your round scar while you tell the story about getting shot by a hunter that mistook you for an adolescent Bigfoot. But, whatever. :p

Glad you're all healed up.
I almost collapsed my one good lung laughing at that.

VU Sponsors