Become a Patron!

The importance of a mod reading Ohms correctly

Hi, I'm using a Crown tank with 0.25 SS coil in VW mode on a RX200S.

What's bothering me, is the discrepancy between what the coil Ohms should be / what they actually read as / how easily the reading will change when removing and re-inserting the atomizer.

Using the 0.25, I will get readings anywhere from 0.27-32, I understand that it won't necessarily read perfectly or that the coil may not be exactly the Ohms it's cited as BUT what sort of effect will this have on my vaping experience and/or life of the coil.

Should I attempt to get it to read the lowest Ohms I can when putting the atomizer on? Or is the middle ground better - maybe even the higher end?

I'd just like some input on this, because the general 0.05 Ohm range difference makes me wonder what I should be aiming for and what effect it will have.

Thanks.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wouldn't change anything.

Vape it.

The coils are gonna vary a bit, like the .07 you mentioned. Is what it is. Nothing at all to be concerned about. If it was off by more, may be cause for concern. You are good.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First, the resistance of pre made coils is not always exactly what it's supposed to be.
Second, if the measurement by the mod is slightly off then wattage is also going to be slightly off.
This is fine as long as the mod is consistent within it's measurements, both in the case of VW and TC.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those coils in the crown are SS, which has a tendency to fluctuate more than other wires.

VU Sponsors