Become a Patron!

The Incredible Mark Twain thread

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He has been called the Dean of American Letters...He is probablly one of Americas best loved sons...this is a thread to share his peculiar humor and wisdom ........

Mark-Twain-On-Being-A-Member-Of-Congress-Or-An-Idiot-Quote.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
"Write without pay until somebody offers to pay you. If nobody offers within three years, sawing wood is what you were intended for." Mr Twain

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
- Mark Twain's Own Autobiography: The Chapters from the North American Review

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The way that the things were cooked was perhaps the main splendor—particularly a certain few of the dishes. For instance, the corn bread, the hot biscuits and wheat bread, and the fried chicken. These things have never been properly cooked in the North—in fact, no one there is able to learn the art, so far as my experience goes. The North thinks it knows how to make corn bread, but this is gross superstition. Perhaps no bread in the world is quite as good as Southern corn bread, and perhaps no bread in the world is quite so bad as the Northern imitation of it. The North seldom tries to fry chicken, and this is well

wilton-mark-twain-FULL1.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors