Become a Patron!

The iStick TC 100W Honestly Restored My Faith in eLeaf

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I think iSticks, I think of plain oatmeal... vanilla ice cream with no toppings... a slice of white bread... a used Toyota Corolla... an old brown couch. I had purchased two before, and while they were reliable and decent devices by all means, boy were they boring. Not many features, generally not firmware upgradable, underpowered integrated batteries... might as well throw your Ambien prescription in the trash ;).

But I just got my 100W TC in white. It was quite cheap (~$30), I have plenty of batteries and a good tank to throw on it (a Triton), so I figured why the hell not.

Relatively speaking to the aforementioned past experiences, I am blown away - it has actually galvanized my excitement for future eLeaf devices. The parallel 1-or-2 battery feature is a nice bonus, firmware upgrade to 120w, 3 memory settings, SS TC mode (in addition to Ti and Ni of course), and the hidden-button squeeze-to-fire feature is GREAT. can hold the device tank-in or tank-out, and vape just as comfortably either way. And the little manual lock up top to prevent pocket firing is a really smart fail-safe.

Stunned by how good this is for an eLeaf product. I know the 60TC came before it, and I'm sure that started the trend of them stepping up their game.

Anyone else agree that for budget vapes, eLeaf has come a REALLY long way in the past two years?

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's actually quite old now (in vape years months) so you're a little late to the party, but it does have design features I can appreciate. Full disclosure... I haven't used either of mine for six months or more.

I really like that at a 120w max it's gentle as hell on run o' the mill 20A CDR cells. That's something I gave Evolve huge credit for with their 133w dual 18650 DNAs, but they seem to have lost the plot recently and given in to the wattage pissing contest.
And it has the great "value for the money" TC feature set of the rest of the JTech/Wismec/ELeaf stable.

Keep an eye on the tiny battery door bar magnets... they like to come out.
And if you glue one back in reversed... you're fucked. Just sayin'.

I would put mine back in rotation in a heartbeat if they did just one thing...
Port the new pre-heat update to it. It's been out a while for the original RX so we know they can add it to the small screen models... they're just dragging their feet. Or abandoning 100TC updates. :(

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I think iSticks, I think of plain oatmeal... vanilla ice cream with no toppings... a slice of white bread... a used Toyota Corolla... an old brown couch. I had purchased two before, and while they were reliable and decent devices by all means, boy were they boring. Not many features, generally not firmware upgradable, underpowered integrated batteries... might as well throw your Ambien prescription in the trash ;).

But I just got my 100W TC in white. It was quite cheap (~$30), I have plenty of batteries and a good tank to throw on it (a Triton), so I figured why the hell not.

Relatively speaking to the aforementioned past experiences, I am blown away - it has actually galvanized my excitement for future eLeaf devices. The parallel 1-or-2 battery feature is a nice bonus, firmware upgrade to 120w, 3 memory settings, SS TC mode (in addition to Ti and Ni of course), and the hidden-button squeeze-to-fire feature is GREAT. can hold the device tank-in or tank-out, and vape just as comfortably either way. And the little manual lock up top to prevent pocket firing is a really smart fail-safe.

Stunned by how good this is for an eLeaf product. I know the 60TC came before it, and I'm sure that started the trend of them stepping up their game.

Anyone else agree that for budget vapes, eLeaf has come a REALLY long way in the past two years?
I think for a budget device, it is a fantastic mod :).

I have a few Eleaf products myself, including the Istick Pico, which I find to also be a very solid mod.

EDIT: Actually, I think it would of been best to keep it as a 100W device, as with 20A cells it is a bit much for the batteries in a parallel configuration at 120W at cut off. For most people though 100W is plenty.

For vaping at power levels the majority vape at though, it is a very, very good mod for the money. It will only not please vapers who demand extremely high wattage.

I completely agree they have come a long way, and I hope it continues :).

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eleaf Products fan here too, they have never let me down, and have been my go to mods & Tanks for years/months now, they offer the perfect vape set ups for me and my type of vaping.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Simply a good mod. For a cheapo unit it does temp control very well. About as well as anything I have. Nice ergonomics. I have trouble finding fault with anything.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in the same boat with it. It was my first box mod. It has worked flawless since I had it. The battery door magnets (one on each side) did come out. I superglued them back in and have no problems at all. I did notice that some tanks (I know the kanger pro tank 4) will slightly wiggle while on the 510. But my cleito and now my crown 2 tank don't move at all. My biggest issue I have is I see all these new and shiny mods and I "want" one of each lol but the last few days I started using it again after using my ipvd3 for a long time and I might be realizing again just how good this dual 18650 mod really is. Lol

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like eleaf too. Simple and get the job done. No issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Don't loose the battery door magnets that are on the mod, if you loose them your fucked because Eleaf won't sell them to you. Somehow I lost one of mine and I contacted Eleaf and asked to buy 1 or a few just in case another is lost, there response was we can't sell you those magnets. I have bought almost every mod they have made even multiples for gifts but I will never buy another Eleaf, Joyetech product ever again. The mod still works but only as a desk mod. How much could it cost for a tiny magnet, 2 or 3 cents ? Sorry to rant but Eleaf really dropped the ball here.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's sad to hear. Is there anyway you could go to a hobby lobby, craft store or home center and find a magnet to fit in that hole? When mine came out it stayed stuck to the other magnet so I didn't lose mine.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't loose the battery door magnets that are on the mod, if you loose them your fucked because Eleaf won't sell them to you. Somehow I lost one of mine and I contacted Eleaf and asked to buy 1 or a few just in case another is lost, there response was we can't sell you those magnets. I have bought almost every mod they have made even multiples for gifts but I will never buy another Eleaf, Joyetech product ever again. The mod still works but only as a desk mod. How much could it cost for a tiny magnet, 2 or 3 cents ? Sorry to rant but Eleaf really dropped the ball here.
You might find something that fits here https://www.indigo.com/magnets/rare_earth/

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's actually quite old now (in vape years months) so you're a little late to the party, but it does have design features I can appreciate. Full disclosure... I haven't used either of mine for six months or more.

Well Jim, I don't buy devices with regularity, nor do I overspend just to get the latest equipment... so you'll just have to pardon my tardiness. It's a discussion board, and I got a new vape, and I wanna talk about it. :).

I do thank you for your thoughts on it though. I just got sick and tired of having a two batt device that I couldn't vape and charge. My IPV 3Li served me well, but its age was starting to show... so I gave it away, knowing that I never used it above 120 watts. This is a more than suitable replacement so far.

Yeah, i'll definitely watch out for the magnets on the doors. I don't plan to open them often what with the charging capability though.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well Jim, I don't buy devices with regularity, nor do I overspend just to get the latest equipment... so you'll just have to pardon my tardiness. It's a discussion board, and I got a new vape, and I wanna talk about it. :).

I didn't mean it to come across that harshly... sorry. Honestly glad you got one. :)

More just yankin' your chain, and a chance to get in a comment about how fast the industry is moving. It's pretty ridiculous TBH.

I'm too lazy myself to keep up with all the "latest and greatest" but I'd be hard-pressed to think of a more varied (by enclosure style) yet consistent (as to feature set) "bang for the buck" line-up than the JTech/Wismec/Eleaf offerings.

And I just read that the pre-heat is coming to the Pico, so all hope is not lost for my 100TCs. :D

Last edited:

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After using mine for two days straight now, it's making me reconsider my hunt for the gumetal alien kit lol Although that G-Priv is looking really really nice if it comes as advertised. That being said, I'm not in a super hurry to purchase another one. I would like to thank all the guys in the alien post for all the help they gave. This place is very helpful I must say.

dev199505

Member For 3 Years
Realize this is an old post but curious if you still have yours if so how is the screen? Mines finiky rarely works and when it does its so dim you can barely ready it, any fix?

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No mechanical problems whatsoever.

Only slight issue is that the magnets on the device that hold on the doors fall out... would be best to super glue them into the device (the right way of course!). Funny, I bought a second one and it just came in the mail for a friend. He likes it!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have Isticks that are over a year old and I still take them to work every day. I have dropped them on the concrete floor, flooded them with juice from numerous times from crap builds, forgot them in the car in winter (I live in Alaska) and even dropped one in mud. They all still work.

They are old school in a boring way, but the fact of the matter is, they are great little mods.

Several months ago I won an Eleaf Aster in - of all things - a Gear Best contest I didn't remember entering. Thought it was kinda ugly, cheap looking from the photos and they sent me a white one to boot, my least favorite color. Put it in the stash box and never even unsealed it.

Fast forward, and I'm looking for something regulated to match my gold Petri RTA for use when reading at night. I dislike gold and silver together, and couldn't find a regulated mod in my large stash to match it. Decided to give the Aster a looksee.

Beautiful! What looks like cheap white finish in promo photos is actually a beautiful satiny sheen with black buttons. And works like a champ.

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 11.02.17 PM.png

dev199505

Member For 3 Years
No mechanical problems whatsoever.

Only slight issue is that the magnets on the device that hold on the doors fall out... would be best to super glue them into the device (the right way of course!). Funny, I bought a second one and it just came in the mail for a friend. He likes it!
Hmm i emailed eleaf to see what they say but no response yet i hope im not sol since its a used mod that i got in a trade

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice looking aster there Lucy! And I can understand what you mean about the white - My 100TC is also white (as is my SMY 170 TC incidentally), and the finish is verrrry purrrty.

They got them for cheap at a local shop around here... I don't think I need one personally but I'm not surprised you like yours!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
if you put 2 asters together you get a coffin:eek:
:giggle::giggle::giggle:

I thought that was the dumbest looking thing when I won it - now I'm thinking of getting a few more for the stash :D

They got them for cheap at a local shop around here... I don't think I need one personally but I'm not surprised you like yours!

Just shared my story because really, Eleaf makes very reliable basic mods at a consistently good price. Good enough, that topper cost me over $70, and I vape it beautifully on a $23 mod o_O

And I do have fancier, and in some cases several hundred dollars more expensive ones to compare.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first tc100w istick the firing button broke. Or more specifically the little pcb board it's mounted to broke from the main board. It was only held on by 4 small solder points. I've still got it kicking around, if my soldering skills improve perhaps I can fix it. The paint sucks, both are black and both have maybe 30% of the paint left (generous estimate) after only several months of use being gentle with it.

No screen issues on either of them. No magnet issues. Tc works pretty well but I use the tcr (0092) since the factory 'ss' mode is for a slightly different stainless, not 316L if memory serves.

Overall I'm happy with it, comfy to hold. Not a fan of the big square brick shaped mods.

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm really glad you like yours. I picked one up about 6 months ago, and none of my tanks would screw into the 510 without rattling. Even if they sat flush on the body, the 510 would rattle like crazy. I jet never trusted to structural design of it. Maybe it was a faulty one, but annoying enough to lose faith it it and other eleaf mods

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
One of the bottom magnets on the mod itself came loose and was lost so I contacted Eleaf to buy 1 or a few and they told me they can't sell them to me, so my mod sits unused because the cover wont stay on. After buying hundreds of dollars of Eleaf products for myself and gifts to friends they have lost my business .

dev199505

Member For 3 Years
One of the bottom magnets on the mod itself came loose and was lost so I contacted Eleaf to buy 1 or a few and they told me they can't sell them to me, so my mod sits unused because the cover wont stay on. After buying hundreds of dollars of Eleaf products for myself and gifts to friends they have lost my business .
You're going to stop buying products from a company because they wont sell you something you can buy at a local hatdware store or online?

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive got an eleaf ipower 80w. Daily mod for 3 months, no issues just plug it up at night running at 60w all day still have battery left

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

GREAT choice. As I've said in other posts, I feel like the iPower is the nano's slightly bigger brother, with the advantage of 5000mAh in such a tiny package!

That same shop I mentioned before ALSO has those for $40, which is really reasonable for brick and mortar... around $31-35 online.

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Put me down for liking eleaf too. I'm a home daily truck driver and the TC 100 and Ijust 2 and S are among my daily work beaters. Pretty much my mod "holder" is a couple napkins stuffed in one of the cup holders to buffer them vibrating against hard plastic. With my work mods, I don't care if they can do a million things; I basically only want them to do 2- work reliably and good battery life. I certainly get that from the Eleaf TC 100 and other Eleaf products I own. I'm getting to where I have almost 50 mods, DNA's, Yihi products and everything in between, yet it's my Eleaf and Innokin daily work beaters I value the most. Foolish? Perhaps but that's my $. 02

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I still own two eleaf 100w non tc mods..my issue was with the 510 assemblies coming loose...When I took it apart the ground wire had maybe 2 strands of wire soldered to the 510 which was a very very tiny thin sleeve the big chrome piece slid into..this is how it was stock and I wasn't impressed considering the wire was a pretty big gage..its actually a 3 piece 510...Both would still work if I fix them but ive been buying a whole bunch of new mods lately and just lost interest in them...The boards will find their way into some custom home made box mods with a good 510 from fatdaddys or varitube.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like eleaf especially the pico's They are built very well and was thinking of getting the 200w pico just for the heak of it. I have several and using the one I got when they first came out I guess about a year ago Hard to find one that feals as good as the pico does in the hand but yet has the power needed.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like eleaf especially the pico's They are built very well and was thinking of getting the 200w pico just for the heak of it. I have several and using the one I got when they first came out I guess about a year ago Hard to find one that feals as good as the pico does in the hand but yet has the power needed.

All this talk makes me wanna get an iPower... IMPULSE BUY

picautomaton

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great device, just one magnet came off and I super glued it back. Solid device, great feel in the hand and love the squeeze fire.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just think it was a horrible mistake to retain the TC 60's third button for mode control and TC power adjust.
Any chance there's been an update that corrects that?

I have two (out of 12 JTech mods) and have no other issues with their build or function. Yes, I had one of the eight magnets pop out, got lucky and it didn't scamper off... though they're an absolute bitch to slip back into place. And don't Super Glue one in reversed... you'll be utterly screwed. :p

But I haven't used either in a few months so since this thread has been resurrected I just now grabbed one and popped in a pair... took about 30 seconds to remember how to set it up. :D

She's workin' a treat. ;)

VU Sponsors