Become a Patron!

The iTaste SVD 2.0 - Evolv DNA 20w

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From the Innokin FB page

Today we are extremely proud to announce the ground breaking alliance of Innokin and Evolv, the technology leaders of advanced personal vaporizers and electronic cigarettes.

The worldwide vaping community has demanded that we produce a next generation device powered by Evolv technology and we are very happy to be able to fulfil this wish and exceed your expectations.

Vapers demand more power, more intelligence, more control and more durability. We need more in our vaporizers and we need them to be intuitive to operate, enjoyable to hold and incredible to look at.

To create the ultimate vaping device the teams at Innokin and Evolv have worked together closely over the past 8 months and have created a revolution in vaping that is also destined to be a milestone in vaping history. We have created the iTaste SVD2.0.

The iTaste SVD2.0 is a device that is powerful and beautiful, ultra-intelligent and also priced perfectly.

The SVD2.0 is the first and only Advanced Personal Vaporizer to run on the powerful and precise Evolv DNA Experience™ Microchip. Designed and manufactured in the Unites States by Evolv, the patented DNA Experience microchip offers true power control and unrivaled consistency.

The SVD2.0 features a maximum output power of 20W and a minimum resistance of .5ohm. The Evolv DNA Experience™ also has the ability to step-down power which gives sub-ohm vapers a wider precise range of usable power levels. With the iTaste SVD2.0 you can vape at any wattage you want regardless of the remaining charge of your battery.

Powered by the Evolv DNA Experience™ Microchip the iTatse SVD2.0 is Innokin’s most powerful device to date.

Always Innovative, Often Imitated and Never Equaled; Innokin and Evolv are looking forward to giving you the very best in vaping.

The iTaste SVD2.0 - Coming soon to your favorite Authorized Innokin vendor.

10492278_691828630888652_5565692191787614214_n.jpg

10561720_691828670888648_5922749245750755259_n.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Everyone jumping on the 30W+ but this thing looks cheap to me, but bet it won't be cheap :rolleyes:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd be surprised if they didn't, but I wouldn't touch another innokin product, unless they did a floating pin, had terrible connection problems with my 2 MVP's and 4 of the wife's vv3's.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Day late and a dollar short? And with a tapered cap, what topper is going to look right on it? I do like some retro looking mods, but for some reason this one just isn't hitting the mark. Now if it came with an automatic ass wiper, I might consider it.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, there goes my idea for the wifes' Christmas present! Damn, any suggestions?

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This should be a hit.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the pics Garemlin ,,but are they different models or proto types ? Now I see , different views. LOL.

Dj Xy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Small detail that everyone seems to be missing, it is powered by the DNA Experience chip, not the DNA 20W.
The DNA Experience chip has the ability to step the voltage down as well as up, the DNA 20W only steps up, and if you set it to low for the atomizer the resistance flashes signifying that your getting straight battery voltage.

And I hope that is just a prototype, cause it sure looks cheesy.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yuck. I loved my SVD, and the SVD which replaced it. They both crapped out kinda early for their price point IMHO. But that is even uglier than the first one. Gross. Also: 20 watts? .5 ohms? Really? That's barely an upgrade at all these days.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Edit: On another picture what I though were vent channels....look like they go straight though, not a vent...but rather something that a lanyard or other belt can be attached for carrying etc. They are a for a loop of some sort.

This looks like a Sigelei 20W killer if nothing else. I wonder if the top caps from Sigelei Zmax would fit. I am a Mini Tank fanboy. So this looks pretty good, because I can use the new sub-ohm heads, and I don't need more than 20W, and I like the black color for the MOD itself. The Sig 20W can be had for 70 dollars these days, if settles out at 80 or less, this would be defiantly kill off the Cloupor Cana's

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's a step in the right direction.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have no use for anything over 8.5 watts, so this would be fine for me.

Any idea what the release date is on it?

Also, I'm guessing that it tapers wide, much wider than most toppers, and then the cap tapers down to about the diameter of most of the largest toppers out there. That's my guess, anyway. Keep in mind that an 18650 battery needs to fit within the thinnest portion of the battery compartment.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have no use for anything over 8.5 watts, so this would be fine for me.

Any idea what the release date is on it?
PBusardo interview with Evolv and Innokin, they said September, maybe late August. The prices will be higher at the very start. The similar Sieglei 20W started at 125, and now you can get them all day long now, with coupon codes for 70-85. I had a Sig 20W for about a week, but wanted under 7W.

But at 7W, the vape was much much smoother than my rattlesnake 333 chip Zmax. Same Watt to Watt. Because of the straight DC current (well not straight but heavily smooth) vs, a pulse on - off- on -off to get the right watts. I was surprised it was as different as it was

I am also waiting for the Sigelei version of a tube SX350, which should be the same price as the Innokin....time frame is unknown though

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would not give you more than 49.99 for that thing it looks horrid like me trying to machine a race car rim...

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would not give you more than 49.99 for that thing it looks horrid like me trying to machine a race car rim...
Black one looks alright to me, if they use black metal buttons, those gray ones must be mock ups. Hopefully a 18350 telescope or tube. After my Itaste V3, died a very early death, and won't even work as a passthrough.....I have say I like the build quality of Siegeli, and their 1 year warranty from authorized vendors

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They redesigned the top cap now, guess word got out about people not liking the tapered look. Now maybe if Provape would upgrade the Provari 3 before it comes out.....lol They say the price point for the SVD 2.0 is $99 bucks....
5S9L0VM.jpg

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sorry, I like my SVD the way it is.

Even if it is 5 watts short of the new one.

It is truly a beast and it has served me well for over a year now!

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, I like my SVD the way it is.

Even if it is 5 watts short of the new one.

It is truly a beast and it has served me well for over a year now!
Completely understand, I like the SVD a lot....mine was stolen, 6 or so months ago or I bet it would still be serving me well, I have been meaning to replace it. I am the same with the provari 2.5, served me well, I love it....I doubt I need the 3 watts the P3 has over it for the money. lol

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the new design. If it is released at under $100 I'd probably pick one up for my nephew for Christmas -- would be a nice upgrade to the MVP I got him last year.

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If the SVD 2 has a spring loaded top pin and it has a 1 year warranty like the sigelei 30w (warranty not pin) it will be a guarantee buy, and it is close to one now for me. Provape may really have to rethink their new one, this one has a evolve chip in it and even if only 20w it is going to be more efficient than the P3, plenty of safety, and I hope well made not to mention a hell of a lot cheaper. Somewhere around $150 bucks cheaper, maybe. Think what it may mean for a retailer, deciding on what to carry between those two....

I'm lucky enough to have not had any problems with my Innokin devices, (2 x MVP2's, VTR, SVD, and the original), but I really do not like this one. I know I should look at it from a technical POV, but I simply can't. I just don't like the way it looks. My SVD is awesome in every way, (IMHO), and the new design takes something away.

I'm sure it will turn out to be an awesome device, but alas, just not for me.

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It does have a little bit of this going on...sorry Joe, did not know it would put vapingunderground on the image....not sure you want that floating around. I can see it now "Joe breaks news on the magic wand....super deal at walmart with code IHAVEAHEADACHE " lol
0005058510580_500X500.jpg

Last edited:

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd be surprised if they didn't, but I wouldn't touch another innokin product, unless they did a floating pin, had terrible connection problems with my 2 MVP's and 4 of the wife's vv3's.
Been Using a iTaste VV 3.0 for 3 months as my out and about Vape- usually with Evods or similar-always works Like a Champ

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love everything about my SVD2, except it is too big. It performs flawlessly. It will not take an Efest 18650 battery with button top. I am using an AW 18650 in 2000 mah, and it is working great. I would like to see it a little shorter, the width is fine. I would also like to see a bit more stability on the bottom. When you set it down, it can wobble for a second, and you must be careful when you place it down on a counter. I have an MVP2, and it spoiled me on placing it down, while not holding it. The SVD2 is pretty light for it's size. It can be easily knocked over though. (much more so than my Panzer mod) This is just my thoughts. I am glad I have this new mod. It is a huge step up for me, from the MVP2, and the iStick.

VU Sponsors