Become a Patron!

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Time for a hobby :), or relax and read a book. If you have the space for gardening, mayhap becoming one with mother nature will help you out. Distracting ourselves from the things that cause us anxiety, when we can, can be extremely helpful and healing. You learn to control the situation instead of the situation controlling you. As for being banned, the only persons actions you can control is your own. When some entity is more concerned over petty bullshit than the truth, they are not worth the time nor the energy to consider.
What she said.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This has been a Tough day for me. Been home bound w kids all summer (medical leave). They went back today so feel very alone ( and lacking accountability ). On top of that I got suspended from e-cig forum (yes, the "enemy") over trying to protect my integrity when I was accused of lying. When I showed proof that the vendor was deceiving customers (when I posted the email truth from the manufacturer) I got banned. Go figure. !?!?!
Must have said serenity prayer 100 times today. My mantra... Let it go.
I am honestly still a bit hurt over the whole thing. God knows I have done enough bad stuff in the past to deserve harsh words. But I live by a different set of spiritual principles now.
Am I being too sensitive?
Regardless of the fact that we are mostly faceless strangers here we still genuinely care. And the fact that you recognize the situation and the potential for a lapse is a huge part of staying sober and clear headed.
You have a forum home here and you can say what needs to be said without having the fear of petty bullshit bans.
Guess what I'm trying to say is that you really are NOT alone.
You have family that loves you and whom you love. You have hope and determination. You have insight and understanding.
You have weird internet creatures like Fishee.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you All so much.
With summer here I am thinking about more service work... Maybe a second sponsee. There is a vape shop nearby that I would work for free (part time) just to get out of the house. Been on medical leave for 6 months after long term hospital stay.
Took me 2 hours to pick up 3 kids (3 diff schools) and she. We got home went to the pool. And guess what. A butterfly landed on me!!??!!!

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you All so much.
With summer here I am thinking about more service work... Maybe a second sponsee. There is a vape shop nearby that I would work for free (part time) just to get out of the house. Been on medical leave for 6 months after long term hospital stay.
Took me 2 hours to pick up 3 kids (3 diff schools) and she. We got home went to the pool. And guess what. A butterfly landed on me!!??!!!

[URL=http://www.sherv.net/] [/URL]

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i have problems sharing stuff like this with strangers. i will just say that i am a recovering alcoholic. when i was drinking, i did a lot of stupid things....one that changed the course of my life forever. i felt like i deserved to be punished and found myself addicted to abusive men. something horrible happened and it was only then that i realized that i would die if i didn't change some things in my life. i struggle every day to continue down the right path.

that was hard.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi kelli!!!
You're an amazingly strong woman. I have a ton of respect for you.
Thank you for your courage to share with us.
I've admired you for a while now.
I love how active you are over here. It seemed like I rarely seen you around ECF but when I did I always appreciated what you had to say.
I'm so glad you're here with us!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Me too, Kelli. Very glad you're here. I've been down that path myself. No more, not today!

I sometimes find it hard to believe I deserve this happiness I've even given. We have to accept we are worth it.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is hard. Prior to this post the only other one who knew besides me, was my best friend. My drug of choice was painkillers. I've quit two different times, from two different drugs. Vicodin the first time in mid 2001 after a suicide attempt, that was more of a cry for help than an honest attempt. I got help, I got better, for a time. Then I got hurt in 2004 at work, and spent 18 months in worker's comp limbo-hell due to a nearly catastrophic knee injury. There were lots of strong drugs, it wasn't the strongest among them that was my issue, even had vicodin for a time, and it never did to me what it did in 2001. Wasn't even the Fentanyl patches. Tramadol is the hardest thing I've ever quit. I know I'm not nearly as strong as those who have given up illegal drugs. Depression and painkillers don't mix. I sought help, when I knew I was getting near that slope again. It took me 2 years and 5 tries to get over the withdrawal side effects of going off the tramadol. I told myself I wasn't taking more than the prescribed dose, it wouldn't be that bad. I fooled myself. My best friend checked in almost daily, "How many hours?" "How many days?" "How many weeks?" And she was there for me, trying to help me get over the need to have that drug in my system. My last day was May 4th 2011, I don't celebrate it, I've had to have painkillers since. I just don't let them own me anymore. I take them for the duration of the prescription and I stop. My dentist is on familiar ground with me not wanting to take his offer of a 5 day supply of relief. He gives them to me. I get them filled, I don't take them unless I can't bear not to. Usually I take advil, or tylenol, or aspirin, that's it. I was surprised when my best friend called this year around my anniversary and said "I know you've had dental surgery, I doubt you took the painkillers, but I hope you did, and have a good anniversary, they don't own you anymore." My drugs of choice weren't illegal, as someone else said, it doesn't have to be illegal to be a problem. I don't celebrate mine, I don't talk about it, unless I think someone needs to hear my story. I'll gladly talk about the 3 bouts with depression, the miscarriage preceding my suicide attempt, the emotional abuse at the hands of my ex-husband, I just don't talk about the pills.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Frawg Thank you for sharing with us.
I'm glad you found the courage to talk abut it. I hope to see you here often. You seem like a great lady.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi Fishee
mornincoffee.gif

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is hard. Prior to this post the only other one who knew besides me, was my best friend. My drug of choice was painkillers. I've quit two different times, from two different drugs. Vicodin the first time in mid 2001 after a suicide attempt, that was more of a cry for help than an honest attempt. I got help, I got better, for a time. Then I got hurt in 2004 at work, and spent 18 months in worker's comp limbo-hell due to a nearly catastrophic knee injury. There were lots of strong drugs, it wasn't the strongest among them that was my issue, even had vicodin for a time, and it never did to me what it did in 2001. Wasn't even the Fentanyl patches. Tramadol is the hardest thing I've ever quit. I know I'm not nearly as strong as those who have given up illegal drugs. Depression and painkillers don't mix. I sought help, when I knew I was getting near that slope again. It took me 2 years and 5 tries to get over the withdrawal side effects of going off the tramadol. I told myself I wasn't taking more than the prescribed dose, it wouldn't be that bad. I fooled myself. My best friend checked in almost daily, "How many hours?" "How many days?" "How many weeks?" And she was there for me, trying to help me get over the need to have that drug in my system. My last day was May 4th 2011, I don't celebrate it, I've had to have painkillers since. I just don't let them own me anymore. I take them for the duration of the prescription and I stop. My dentist is on familiar ground with me not wanting to take his offer of a 5 day supply of relief. He gives them to me. I get them filled, I don't take them unless I can't bear not to. Usually I take advil, or tylenol, or aspirin, that's it. I was surprised when my best friend called this year around my anniversary and said "I know you've had dental surgery, I doubt you took the painkillers, but I hope you did, and have a good anniversary, they don't own you anymore." My drugs of choice weren't illegal, as someone else said, it doesn't have to be illegal to be a problem. I don't celebrate mine, I don't talk about it, unless I think someone needs to hear my story. I'll gladly talk about the 3 bouts with depression, the miscarriage preceding my suicide attempt, the emotional abuse at the hands of my ex-husband, I just don't talk about the pills.
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm glad you're here and I'm glad you have enough trust in us to open up.
Sometimes that's a scary thing to do, but we never know when something we've been through will help others.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi kelli!!!
You're an amazingly strong woman. I have a ton of respect for you.
Thank you for your courage to share with us.
I've admired you for a while now.
I love how active you are over here. It seemed like I rarely seen you around ECF but when I did I always appreciated what you had to say.
I'm so glad you're here with us!

thanks so much.

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I will say that I use mj for medical purposes these days as I have hepatitis c from over 20 years of chronic IV drug use. I can't say that I had a drug of choice, I liked them all.
I would use M*th for a while and when I would get tired of staying up for weeks on end I would switch to h*roin. Of course I needed to take the edge off the h*roin so I would add c*caine into the mix. After 20 years of this vicious cycle I had enough and quit cold Turkey.
I have been off the hard drugs for 15 years now.

Please don't down me for the mmj use. Things could be a whole lot worse. BTW my hepatitis c is non respective to treatment thus the reason for the mmj use. It keeps the nausea at bay as well as the other symptoms.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I will say that I use mj for medical purposes these days as I have hepatitis c from over 20 years of chronic IV drug use. I can't say that I had a drug of choice, I liked them all.
I would use M*th for a while and when I would get tired of staying up for weeks on end I would switch to h*roin. Of course I needed to take the edge off the h*roin so I would add c*caine into the mix. After 20 years of this vicious cycle I had enough and quit cold Turkey.

Please don't down me for the mmj use. Things could be a whole lot worse. BTW my hepatitis c is non respective to treatment thus the reason for the mmj use. It keeps the nausea at bay as well as the other symptoms.

awww sweetie, i would never diss you for that. i know there are a lot of people who consider weed a miracle drug. a friend of mine with spinal injury has debilitating headaches that only respond to mj. it's the only relief she gets. so toke away, hon.

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you, much respect.
I know that my time is limited I'm in stage 2, that is one reason why I quit drinking too. After 25 years of homebrewing.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kelli I also am taking care of a roommate who recently has been diagnosed with HIV, all this in a state where medical mjis illegal. But if I go to jail for it at least I am doing something I believe in.

you're a good guy. sorry i don't have decent boobs to reward you. :(

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like ity bitty titties. Actually I'm an ass man. BTW I was married to a redhead for 10 years, it ended badly.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No one is judging. There is a place for drugs- they are meant to heal, to alleviate symptoms and improve our quality of life.
When we use them to escape who we are and they consume our lives is when they become a problem.
One of my closest friends uses mj under a doctor's supervision as part of his treatment for stage IV cancer. It helps with the pain and allows him to eat. He agonized over the decision to begin using it because he went through a terrible struggle getting clean and felt that he would be giving up his recovery.
Between his wife, his doctor and a couple of us close to him, we convinced him that we didn't want to see him suffering and, as far as we are concerned, he's still clean.
He remains a big part of my recovery and I value both his wisdom and his guidance.
You're among friends here so no need to worry.

Last edited:

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are you a drug addict or alcoholic? The reason why i ask is if you are not you couldn't possibly understand why a thread like this is so important to those of us in recovery. Receiving and giving support is a lifesaver and i am all about sharing and giving back to others the amazing gift that was given to me. People that have not experienced this type of life destroying addiction, in which you have no self control over, can not possibly wrap their minds around the ins and outs of addiction. Yes tobacco and vaping are also addictions so i can definitely see where you are coming from, but trust me when i say it is a complete night and day difference.

Please believe that i am in no way trying to be mean or put you down. It is a common way of thinking. I also don't want you to think that i am saying my addiction is worse than anyone else's. I just want to make known the severity of the disease(addiction) and the importance of a place like this thread for fellow addicts to come together. It is a great medicine for us addicts to stick together and support one another. And who knows, with the help and support of other fellow addicts, we might just save someones life. And that to me is absolutely priceless.
Gee I am so sorry ,did I hurt your feelings . Was I not sensitive to your point of view . Did I not understand your troubles ,when you were 10 years old . When you wanted the pony or the big fancy doll house , were your feelings hurt . Did you have a low sense of self worth because of it . WELL TO BAD, grow up and deal with it . If some one told you life was fair , they lied , boo hoo. . Life can be a bitch , to bad if you fell by the wayside . Pick yourself up , dust yourself off , and get on with it . Deal with the problems you created .
You did anything you had to in support of your habit . You stole from friends , made your family and everyone else suffer . You contributed to organized crime and made the cartels in Mexico very rich and very happy . Now you want ,again from others . Or maybe you just want attention , just like when you were 10 years old . Well to bad, maybe when you were a kid you should have gotten a good old slap in the face . Think of how much heartache , money and lives your actions caused. You made your bed ... now you shit in it . Now people who need weed for medical reasons can't get it because of what you did . I feel sorry for those who come after and have to deal with this . Addicts lie to everyone , every day . Maybe its time to stop looking for an excuse .
Now ,that should get this thread moving !!!!!

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@jack Hey the Beautiful thing about forums and cock sucking bitch maid mother fuckers like you is that you're so easy to add to my ignore list. If the others decide to feed your bitch ass wanna be troll bullshit then more power to em. But mother fuckers like me aint got no patience for little cum dumpsters like you. You wouldn't last one minute in my world bitch!

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@jack Hey the Beautiful thing about forums and cock sucking bitch maid mother fuckers like you is that you're so easy to add to my ignore list. If the others decide to feed your bitch ass wanna be troll bullshit then more power to em. But mother fuckers like me aint got no patience for little cum dumpsters like you. You wouldn't last one minute in my world bitch!
when you speak like that you have no opinion , look at yourself . I fought for the right for you to speak like that , its all cool .

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
His ignorance isn't his fault. Society is full of people with strong opinions based on weak information.
It's not our place to try to change their minds.
We change ourselves and let the results do the talking.
Hang in there.

VU Sponsors